PDA

View Full Version : GC: RAmarl or RAcast

Fanta
Mar 1, 2005, 08:13 AM
I have been looking at different characters to make and dont know what to choose.

The choice is from RAcast and RAmarl because I already have a Hunter and a Force character and want one of each.
I like using the spells etc but RAcasts look so cool and beefed.

Or, you if have another class prefernce, that id RANGER please contribute.

Skorpius
Mar 1, 2005, 08:16 AM
You DO realise they're on the opposite proverbial ends of the Ranger spectrum, right? :/

Calx
Mar 1, 2005, 11:06 AM
I think you'll have more fun with the RAmarl in the long run.

DezoPenguin
Mar 1, 2005, 06:51 PM
Well, you're in good shape already, 'cause you're picking from the better two Rangers. I'm preferential towards RAmarls, myself, but you won't hurt from using a RAcast. If you're primarily offline single-player, definitely take the RAmarl. Online or if you do a lot of multi, both are good.

Arnot
Mar 1, 2005, 07:09 PM
I much prefer the RAmarls. Lv 20 techs help a lot offline and online, depending on your team. They are cute too, lol.

Genoa
Mar 1, 2005, 09:54 PM
Like most people, if you choose a Hunter or Ranger, your probably technique dependent. Androids are more difficult to use. And according to many people, andoids tend to get boring faster than humans/newmans. Traps are excellent and all... but alot of people perfer techniques. Looks fade away faster, so i'd recommend RAmarl. I also recommend her because I had one at lvl.128 (solo) and it was alot of fun. My friend is a RAcast at 123, but he played online alot (infact, that person is Sef on this site)... but yeah. I vote for RAmarl.

Fanta
Mar 2, 2005, 03:18 AM
On 2005-03-01 05:16, Skorpius wrote:
You DO realise they're on the opposite proverbial ends of the Ranger spectrum, right? :/

Yes, I do, that is why I wanted second opinions. They offer to different types of play.

Thanks for the advice, I will create her at the weekend.

Klaus88
Mar 2, 2005, 07:14 AM
if you have online this isn't even a hard choice.

RAcast easily. why would you want a weak ranger online when you can join a game with a Force.

Skorpius
Mar 2, 2005, 07:55 AM
On 2005-03-02 00:18, Fanta wrote:
Yes, I do, that is why I wanted second opinions. They offer to different types of play.
To be quite honest, people can't really help you with this. It's basically "Make my decision for me" instead of you really balancing out their strengths and weaknesses on your own. You could have done this by yourself, instead of having everyone else do it for you. ;(
If you worded it differently, then yeah, I can see the point. But that's why I didn't offer any opinion, because my opinion won;t make your decision (well, it might have, since your decisoin was dependant on others' opinions anyway).

RAmarl if you're offline.
RAcast if you have online access.

RAmarl if you already have an android.
RAcast if you do not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-02 04:57 ]</font>

Fanta
Mar 2, 2005, 08:06 AM
I see what you mean Skorpius but that wasnt what was ment.

I did look at the stats etc to see what was better and notice these 2 seemed the best choices.
RAmarl - spells and good stats.
RAcast - No spells (traps instead) and even better stats...

I like spells and so far am only offline. I have the modem thing (got off ebay) but have no idea what to do yet and wandering about the costs.

Klaus88
Mar 2, 2005, 08:25 AM
traps are your best friend online.

Garm
Mar 2, 2005, 12:34 PM
RAcaseal for looks, stats online and multi mode. RAmarl offline.

Zeraliki
Mar 3, 2005, 06:34 PM
It's all about personal taste, but since you're asking for our opinions, I'd suggest that you make a RAcast. While it may be nice to use techs, there is nothing more satisfying than confusing a group of enemies and letting chaos ensue.

Sitka
Mar 3, 2005, 07:42 PM
I remember playing with Asia Skyly as Sitka Blue D (Skyly Racast) was nearing level 200. He told me that you will not be very happy playing any other character once you get that one to 200.

He was wrong. I very much enjoy my other characters including my Ramarl who will be at level 140 by tonight. What is true is that playing a Racast was very easy - I rarely used my shortcut button, relying on light-heavy-special/mate-sol-trap most of the time. Point, trap, shoot - easy stuff.

Playing challenge mode, developing forces and playing chars like a Ramarl made me become a much better overall player.

Playing offline, the Ramarl is certainly better for all of the reason listed above, but online, the Racast is a char that I preferred with all the traps and the fact that I had a 2201 HP. Damn walking tank was what he was and I made him as big and as black as I could - he was intimidating.

Another good reason for the Racast (or Racaseal) over the Ramarl would be challenge mode. My Racast was a solid player to use in challenge, but I am not thrilled about foisting a Ramarl through Ep 2 on my challenge mode friends. It certainly can be done, but the Racast is a better choice, IMHO.

For what it's worth, for a lvl 200 Racast, those are my thoughts.

Fanta
Mar 4, 2005, 03:22 AM
Since GC allows 4 characters on permenant block and I have 3 now (HUmar, FOmar and RAmarl) if I can get online (now I have the modem) then I will make a RAcast.

Thanks all.