PDA

View Full Version : should i get online?

Hustler_One
Mar 2, 2005, 05:08 PM
i have been looking forward to gettting on PSO online for a long time... however i was not aware that there are people who will destroy your character, items etc... this made me start thinking and i want oppinions of others. Should i risk gettin online? or is the threat of my person going poof too great to be worth getting online?

bradsta6508
Mar 2, 2005, 05:11 PM
good topic, i would like someone to enlighten me regarding this subject also.

Bodus
Mar 2, 2005, 05:32 PM
I'm sorta wondering about this myself really...since for me it seems like finding a bba will be a pain..I imagine it won't be a problem if you find some friends you can trust, but i'm wondering what it's like if you dont' have any and pick a game at random

Hyda
Mar 2, 2005, 05:35 PM
well it depends..ive had phantasy star for a while and i havent let anyone kno any info that they shouldnt..it as long as u dont let them get into ur character then ur fine, when i say let them in i mean give them info that could harm ur character! its ok to get online jus be careful about who u talk to cuz they could get info off of u and steal every thing u got..thats why u should have 2 characters, so when u have rele good stuff u can put it on the other character and have the stuff u want on the character u use the most...buts thats jus me its all up to u

Hyda
Mar 2, 2005, 05:38 PM
as for me im a very trustable person.. but u dont have to choose a game at random u can create ur own game with a password so ppl cant get in..u dont have to have one if u dont want to..its all if u want to talk to ppl or not...

Hyda
Mar 2, 2005, 05:44 PM
if u want to talk more on this subject u can pm if u want...

Dhylec
Mar 2, 2005, 05:50 PM
getting online is an investment, so think about it carefully
modem/bba & monthly fee are mandatory
whether gc or xb, there are good & bad players, cheaters & 'legits'
meeting new people online will make your time more enjoyable & worthwhile..
this can also be the same chance that they will make you hate yourself for wanted to go online =D
good luck

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 05:55 PM
Second on those comments.

I never played online on DC or GC for the same fears as the original poster - an I missed out on a lot.

I played offline on xbox for a long time as well until I finally nerved up to online play.

I wish I had gone on much earlier. Yes, there is fsod, hacking, cheating and all kinds of bad stuff.

But, there is also friends, chat, hook-ups, new maps, new enemies, quests, new rares, challenge mode and so much more.

Many offline games offer more to me than PSO. Nothing online holds my interest as much as PSO.

It IS worth it to play online. To increase your chances of having a good time, hook up and play with people from this forum. That should make your experience much more enjoyable.

Good luck.

GutsGO
Mar 2, 2005, 06:05 PM
I totally agree with Sitka on his points and opinions. PSO is a great online experience and one that comes with a strong addiction. You owe it to yourself to at least try it for a month and see what its like to play and chat with other Hunters.

Its a classic game and a pioneer in the genre... and deserves to be played.

bradsta6508
Mar 2, 2005, 06:17 PM
thanks meng

Hyda
Mar 2, 2005, 06:21 PM
i agree as well, yes there is bad hacking and stuff..but u must also remember the good side to it as well..i bet anyone of us here would be a good hook up for online play...

bradsta6508
Mar 2, 2005, 09:18 PM
how do we know you're not attempting to swindle our socks off ?

Axel3792
Mar 2, 2005, 09:21 PM
You should also try the player matchup forum. PSO is very fun, but it really helps to have some friends you can meet up with and play with consistently.

After all, PSO mainly takes place on the P2 and Ragol, whereas the lobby is really just a go-between used by hackers.

Have fun online

Hyda
Mar 2, 2005, 10:06 PM
true it is rele good..and if i wanted to swindle u i would have tried it already..im no hacker or scammer i hate that kind of stuff, ppl that do that jus dont get the concept of legit play..besides, i like helping ppl.. well ppl that dont bug me or annoy me, im very trustable..i wont swindle u