PDA

View Full Version : PSU Rant: Caution- Topic Contains Boobies

AzureBlaze
Mar 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Ok vaguely irritated speculation time!
I don't want my news filtered through someone elses' wacky fetishes. I didn't know whether to put this in the Off Topic PSU forum because it complains a bit...so here goes.

If you are like nearly anyone else around here, ANY PSU speck of info is a wonderful jewel of excitement! I am still happy over this tiny bit of preview EGM news. However...

I have already figured out 95% that what they are hinting at is a 'booby slider'. We already have sliders for 'wide' and 'tall', so adding in a breast-size slider for females would not be a problem.
This way you don't get little children looking girls with giant ones--which as been mentioned before on here, can get kind of 'pedo-yuck'. (well unless you choose them that way) It does add another customizable lvl to your people, (always welcome) but, aren't there more important things to focus on?

Lara Croft proved that quite well. Her games stunk so bad in the end that no one bought her, no matter how fancy they polygonned up her strange figure. EGM was meaning to tantalize us with that final word, but I can think of several others which might of worked better...

Custom Armor -Over 50 Head/face/hair choices PER char -1000s of accessories -Giant Swords -Double Weilding ANY weps- Spectacularly massive worlds ...it can go on.

We KNOW they have new news that is not just the video. The fact they know there's a 'booby-slider' proves this. (there has to be some better name for that) But, will the magazine be able to keep the focus and the screenshots on the fun and not just their magnet-like attraction to certain yellow fat cell filled floppy organs? An article with even a partial lowdown on customization variety would be enough to fuel the fire for weeks to come!

Still. Someone knows something, and even if they are irresponsible with it on april 4, I will be absolutly glued to the page with every fiber of speed reading ability.

What do you think of the focus?
(If this does not rant enough, freely move it to diff section)

Sagasu
Mar 2, 2005, 11:56 PM
Heh,

Games with only big boobies dont sell.

Games with good gameplay and big boobies sell better than games with good gameplay but small boobies.

[/caveman talk] Not feeling like getting all philosophical at the mo. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 3, 2005, 04:17 AM
Did you just say:
EGM
and April issue?!

This could be the April Fool's joke. It seems that way to me. I didn't see the info yet so I can't speculate on what your rant truly is about.

ShenLong in SF2 Arcade. Gameshorts. Etc.

That's what I'm thinking, unless you know what the real April Fool's Day joke is.

I have to wait another week for it to hit newstands, I no longer have an EGM subscription. I can see if my boss brings it to work though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SpikeOtacon
Mar 3, 2005, 09:26 PM
On 2005-03-03 01:17, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Did you just say:
EGM
and April issue?!

This could be the April Fool's joke. It seems that way to me. I didn't see the info yet so I can't speculate on what your rant truly is about.

That's what I'm thinking, unless you know what the real April Fool's Day joke is.

I have to wait another week for it to hit newstands, I no longer have an EGM subscription. I can see if my boss brings it to work though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The April Fools Joke this year was the new Zelda preorder story.

Unless they pulled double duty this year.

Wyndham
Mar 3, 2005, 11:21 PM
On 2005-03-03 18:26, SpikeOtacon wrote:

On 2005-03-03 01:17, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Did you just say:
EGM
and April issue?!

The April Fools Joke this year was the new Zelda preorder story.

Unless they pulled double duty this year.

I wouldn't put it past em. i trust no magazine.

Mixfortune
Mar 4, 2005, 07:24 AM
Sounds like they just applied TFLO to a possibly online game that has been gathering a mass load of rumors as is, making it a good target to place more rumors on and claim April Fool's.

But even if it's true, which I'm doubting (news sources can't even get past the "which console will it be on" rumor hole, let alone any details about character customization or gameplay), who cares if such a feature was added? It's not the end of the world, surely, and it might be fun to mess with.

Besides, just because you COULD change breast size to abnormal proportions, doesn't mean everyone will... just most.

AzureBlaze
Mar 5, 2005, 12:12 AM
A few people claim to know what the april fools joke is already, and that's not it. I heard it was some unrelated football game, or zelda related like he's got Wario in there or something.

Also, the point of the rant was not booby-slider=bad, but rather overly-focusing on it or other scantily-clad costume elements while excluding fun things like weps, monsters, areas or other ways to accessorize would be bad. I don't want 'em wasteing valuable screen shot space that could be better used to show double weilding chainsaws or something.

My opinion on customization remains: the more the better.

Mixfortune
Mar 5, 2005, 01:06 AM
On 2005-03-04 21:12, AzureBlaze wrote:
A few people claim to know what the april fools joke is already, and that's not it. I heard it was some unrelated football game, or zelda related like he's got Wario in there or something.

Also, the point of the rant was not booby-slider=bad, but rather overly-focusing on it or other scantily-clad costume elements while excluding fun things like weps, monsters, areas or other ways to accessorize would be bad. I don't want 'em wasteing valuable screen shot space that could be better used to show double weilding chainsaws or something.

My opinion on customization remains: the more the better.

Ahh, so basically, a problem with the magazines focusing too much on that aspect, not necessarily the game makers themselves, right?