PDA

View Full Version : Getting the lowest possible level into Ultimate.

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 01:42 PM
The lowest possible level was 36? I don't quite remember.

But if it's under level 40, is this by doing Episode 2? Because, right now, I'm in Very Hard Ruins at level 38 with my RAmarl, getting EXP rather quickly (3 levels ups in Ruins 1..) and I'm pretty sure Episode 2 gives less total EXP than Episode 1.

I did
Normal EP1
Hard EP2
Very Hard EP1

And I estimate that I'll be level 42 by the time I get to Falz. Does this sound right? I haven't stolen any EXP with King's, I haven't leveled online, and I haven't replayed any areas.

Sitka
Mar 3, 2005, 01:54 PM
I've been able to do it with several characters between level 36 and 40 - my best being level 36. These were all tweaked with lvl 200 mags, good weapons, materials and such - so take that for what it's worth. This was done on Ep 2 - best for Ep 1 was probably around 42-43 or so.

I remember a post about a year ago where one of the true veterans was able to do it at - memory is a bit hazy - but was able to do it at lvl 32. There is a way to finish Ep 2 without killing a lot of enemies if you know exactly how to do it. Kind of like the least kill concept for TTF.

To do it at level 36, I did a lot of doorway sniping and my times would be among the slowest recorded for getting through those areas, but it can be done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-03 10:55 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 02:23 PM
I just beat Falz at level 40, leveling up afterwards. ;o
But, yeah, I figured Episode 2 would be the way to go. Thank you for confirming with the level ranges.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 04:42 PM
You can do Lv 36 with Ep1...
Accordind to Ian, some monsters can kill other monsters for you (Belra, Bringer...) so you do not get the exp. And also soft reset if you get a map variation with too many monsters.

The patience needed for that, I do not possess.

In normal, Ep1 gives less experience than Ep2, it's the other way around for other difficulties.

Here are my records:
http://keffypoo.free.fr/hedoba/ultimate.png
http://keffypoo.free.fr/alkhem/ultimate.png

Mixfortune
Mar 3, 2005, 04:50 PM
Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly, but confusing enemies drops the amount of exp you'd get and in some cases not give exp for the death at all, right?
Or is that drop considered too insignificant to matter much? Just wondering.

(I'm talking about confused enemies killing each other)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-03 13:51 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Mar 3, 2005, 04:54 PM
On 2005-03-03 13:50, Mixfortune wrote:
Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly, but confusing enemies drops the amount of exp you'd get and in some cases not give exp for the death at all, right?
Or is that drop considered too insignificant to matter much? Just wondering.

(I'm talking about confused enemies killing each other)

If you confuse them with a weapon or trap (that you set), then you still get the EXP.
Edit: Monsters that confused monsters kill will not give you EXP.

Bosses alone are 28 levels worth? I believe it was said that if you get very lucky or very good at it, you could get yourself killed to avoid the boss EXP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-03-03 14:04 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 04:58 PM
Time to work on a HUcast. Orotiagito / Berserk = pwned on bosses for lower EXP.

And, incase it was missed in the character gallery:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/thatwasfast.png

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-03 13:59 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 05:01 PM
Mix is right about the confuse traps, but a droid is suicide, IMO. FOs are the best for that.
Skorp's Lv 41 with a RAmarl is very good.

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 05:31 PM
I found an arse load of materials on a forgotten storage character. Deleted the ones I used, actually, so it was if the materials were legitimate >.>;;

Now, for more HP / POWER materials D:

Nai_Calus
Mar 3, 2005, 05:32 PM
Indeed, Bringers, Belras and also Gunners if you have the patience can be used to kill things for you without exp.

...Do use a FO while you're attempting that, though, as you'll be healing yourself. A lot.

Best I did was L40 taking a FOnewearl through ep1. I got some bad variations, though, and was too lazy to soft reset... Also killed some unneeded enemies. Hit 40 off of VHard Falz.

Zelgadis
Mar 3, 2005, 05:59 PM
I did it with a level 42 FOmar

Loki_174
Mar 3, 2005, 07:24 PM
I just finished getting my new RAmarl into Ultimate, hitting Lv 42 on Falz. I wasn't trying for minimal kills at all, didn't go online to level at all, and even ended up redoing a Hard Mines run, due to quitting after finishing a run to take a break, and remembering a few seconds after it began quitting that I forgot.. to hit.. the pillar in Mines. Must've been a bit of a brain-lapse, considering I had only just reached the sealed door to Ruins a few minutes prior to quitting. *Falls over out of chair*

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Mar 3, 2005, 08:12 PM
Meh, the lowest levels I managed to arrive to Ultimate :

Level 42, Skyly Hucast (SilverKnight)
Level 41, Whitill Hucaseal (Za'Zaka) + 2 spaces
Level 40, Oran Racaseal (Galatea)

Those are my best three lowest levels to ultimate, Za'Zaka holding the crown for speed, managing to reach Ultimate well under the 6 hour mark at 5 hours 27 minutes.

If trying not to level much,it helps to avoid fighting when possible by running directly to any door switch and out to the next room and the exp. reduction when using confuse traps (if one enemy kills the other while it is confused, I believe you would recieve the same exp. that if another player had landed the finishing blow) is a handy way to reduce the gain in Very Hard (and in lesser modes if you are very picky.)

kazuma56
Mar 3, 2005, 08:29 PM
my lowest was a hucaseal at like 40, I could easily get a RAmar in at that lvl as well but I have no intention of making another one, I still have other fo's, hu's and ra's to make.

Sacred_One
Mar 3, 2005, 10:44 PM
My FOmarl was at Lv 46 when I reached Ultimate. I played only offline that time.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 3, 2005, 11:41 PM
BB doesn't let you do this anymore unfortunately.

PJ
Mar 4, 2005, 12:09 AM
On 2005-03-03 13:42, Kef wrote:
http://keffypoo.free.fr/hedoba/ultimate.png

Years ago I assume http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah, as I posted after Skorp posted in the character gallery, my best into Ultimate was 42 with my RAmarl (Although, I've just beaten Ult Forest now with her, at 59 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif But that's probably because she is raising a new mag... with it on >_>)

Sharkyland
Mar 4, 2005, 04:29 AM
43 is my best with Skittle, the HUnewearl.

XenOmega
Mar 4, 2005, 04:55 AM
The lowest and only one i have ever got on ultimate is my lvl 58 HUmar ( Omega )

Tycho
Mar 4, 2005, 06:48 AM
L57 on Tycho (one less level during VH Falz), but I actively tried ti clear all quests in all difficulties and kill all enemies including unnecessary ones, so yeah. >_>;

I just power-leveled all my other characters I think. Except the RAmar, but he's stuck in Offline VH, and I'm not even trying to get into Ultimate on him, he completed his purpose already anyway.

But when I asked about this, I think I was told about a Japanese guy that got into Ultimate at Level 1, by using some weird Orochi-suicide + scape doll strategy. >_<;

XenOmega
Mar 4, 2005, 06:57 AM
On 2005-03-04 03:48, Tycho wrote:
L57 on Tycho (one less level during VH Falz), but I actively tried ti clear all quests in all difficulties and kill all enemies including unnecessary ones, so yeah. >_>;

I just power-leveled all my other characters I think. Except the RAmar, but he's stuck in Offline VH, and I'm not even trying to get into Ultimate on him, he completed his purpose already anyway.

But when I asked about this, I think I was told about a Japanese guy that got into Ultimate at Level 1, by using some weird Orochi-suicide + scape doll strategy. >_<;

lvl 1? hmmm

Mixfortune
Mar 4, 2005, 07:46 AM
On 2005-03-03 14:01, Kef wrote:
Mix is right about the confuse traps, but a droid is suicide, IMO. FOs are the best for that.
Skorp's Lv 41 with a RAmarl is very good.

Hmm, load up on ATA and use a Chaos special, ungrinded S-Rank Gun/Rifle/Mechgun? Heh, besides taking a really long time, I'm probably missing something else.

Course, you'd have an alternate set of equipment in order to kill bosses more quickly and efficiently.

That and getting a specialized confusion S-Rank and keeping it ungrinded just for this sort of thing probably isn't worth the effort to most, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Mar 4, 2005, 08:03 AM
On 2005-03-04 03:48, Tycho wrote:

That might actually work o.O !! How many scapes dolls do you think that will take to do ? a 1000 or 2000 ?

I just might be crazy enough to try this >.> ...

Skorpius
Mar 4, 2005, 08:20 AM
It will never work. You won't have enough scape dolls to clear a room. I was thinking about that, do you honestly think you could clearSeabed without killing a Recon in Very Hard and leveling up?

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Mar 4, 2005, 08:28 AM
On 2005-03-04 05:20, Skorpius wrote:
It will never work. You won't have enough scape dolls to clear a room. I was thinking about that, do you honestly think you could clearSeabed without killing a Recon in Very Hard and leveling up?

Skorpius, it might actually work very well, you would only need to carry only the vital stuff, equipment and the scape dolls. If you run out of scapes you just teleport back up to Pioneer 2 and re-stock.

Besides if I am not mistaken the Orotiagito <sp?> special can rip through various anemies at the same time if they are lined up in a neat little row.

RedSchwar
Mar 4, 2005, 02:46 PM
This isn't really something to be proud of. It's just a matter of tweaking, and then if you get killed, you buy more stuff on P2 and go try again. Anyone with a lot of items could do this.

PurplePower1
Mar 4, 2005, 02:59 PM
That may be, but still if it is true, its amazing he had enough patience to pull it off. Those Japanese guys are patient fellas.

RedSchwar
Mar 4, 2005, 03:01 PM
Well, yeah I guess so. I just don't see much of a point. People would say "for bragging rights." But if I just proved that anyone with a lot of items could do this, then what's to brag about?

Mixfortune
Mar 4, 2005, 03:44 PM
On 2005-03-04 05:28, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:

On 2005-03-04 05:20, Skorpius wrote:

Skorpius, it might actually work very well, you would only need to carry only the vital stuff, equipment and the scape dolls. If you run out of scapes you just teleport back up to Pioneer 2 and re-stock.

Besides if I am not mistaken the Orotiagito <sp?> special can rip through various anemies at the same time if they are lined up in a neat little row.

Even not taking into consideration the units and mags etc. needed to use the necessary equipment, you could only have 230 scape dolls before having to quit a game to get them from another character, for example.

That, and actually getting that many scapedolls in order to pass normal, hard, and vhard without accidentally killing even one monster out of timing, also taking into account other possible deaths...

Sounds like duping/stacking to me, and even then it'd be a feat :/

EDIT: Oops, just realized Scape Dolls might not be hack stackable...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-04 13:06 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 4, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, and you would level up before you die.

You have 3 difficulties to get through, remember this. I don;t think you can Oro special yourself less than 230 times in Ruines / Seabed.

thrended
Mar 5, 2005, 02:20 AM
Challenges are so ! to try. Lowest-level games are my favorite.

If you cast Gifoie and then die, enemies that die afterwards don't give exp, right? The only thing is if I actually took time I could probably think of a time where you couldn't avoid killing an enemy before you died... I just tried this and was able get hit before Gifoie connected against a Booma with lv 18 gifoie but this is so tedious and stupid it doesn't seem worth it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hm, just wondering if possible for a class other than a HU. However if it was actually sanely possible it would be worth the accomplishment in the end to do a level 1 ultimate game. ^_^;

Everyone already knows that if you're in a hurry you can just kill dragon in the air and die when he lands on you at the same time as him, right? >_>

Edit: Well, sure it can be done, but I'm of course dreaming and just realized that that would be incredibly unreliable in low difficulties where you might evade an attack instead of being killed by it anyway. Oops. ^_^ XP Oh wait, what if you set a pipe right there so you could pipe back if that happened!?!!!!!1/ Okay don't listen to me I'm crazy. <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thrended on 2005-03-04 23:29 ]</font>

Bladehunter
Mar 7, 2005, 03:06 PM
What's the point of geting to Ult at lv 40? I can't see the fun of that...

TheOneHero
Mar 7, 2005, 03:07 PM
On 2005-03-07 12:06, Bladehunter wrote:
What's the point of geting to Ult at lv 40? I can't see the fun of that...

You can level up faster. Able to hunt rares earlier. Have a challange.