PDA

View Full Version : Things that could be put in to improve game.

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 5, 2005, 01:25 PM
PSO is good but it has lots of flaws I have tons of ideas that could improve the game, but I am only going to say one right now and say more later. I hate the damn target system its a fuckin bitch. If they wanted targets they should have made it like Zelda's Z-targeting and so you could hit people without having to target them.

Eihwaz
Mar 5, 2005, 01:36 PM
The ability to pause the game when you're playing offline, as well as a sort of "Item Manager", which lets you trade items between your own characters. >_>

Tact
Mar 5, 2005, 01:39 PM
On 2005-03-05 10:36, Eihwaz wrote:
The ability to pause the game when you're playing offline, as well as a sort of "Item Manager", which lets you trade items between your own characters. >_>

Offline single-player only, or offline totally? And the Item Manager would be great. (No more drop-trading! w05t!)

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 5, 2005, 02:00 PM
A far more advanced charather creation system something
that u usually find in things like wretling or some other sports games

Mitri3
Mar 5, 2005, 02:37 PM
LAN!!! me and my cousin noth have the game and we hate playing together on those little scrunched up screens for multiplayer. espesially 4 player.

More downloadable quests!! i hate the fact that on the back of the box it says downloadable quests(Xbox version i don't know about the GC version) but there is only one lousy quest to download!! LIES!!!

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 5, 2005, 02:41 PM
I have the gc version but im not entirely sure how to download

Mechashadow
Mar 5, 2005, 04:52 PM
um sega actually doing stuff about hacker instead of just letting them get away with everything

cp99
Mar 5, 2005, 05:17 PM
Lan would be the best posible inclusion. as far as item maniger goes, not important. more content for sure. along with lan, the ability to do quests over the lan conection. and my personal best idea i have ever had. sonicteam could put out quest expansion packs. how you say? easy. they realease a game disk containgn lets say 15 new missions, you put the quest disk into your cube and a menu pops up and allows you to downlaod any mission on the quest disk to your mem card. now pop in your pso 1 & 2 disk and go to quest menu and viola! pso dosnt know that the downloaded mission was not loaded off the internet (good for people who are stuck offline) if i had more missons like this i could easly play for another 1000 hours

Mitri3
Mar 5, 2005, 05:24 PM
for the xbox it would just be easier to just let us download it from the "download quest" option when the game first starts online. since we have a hard disk.

another thing is instead of the enemies only changing on ultimate let them change on all the different levels (normal: rappy Ultimate: el rappy).

and more than 4 boards per episode. and after a quest don't kick everyone out to te lobby let us do another one if we want to.

Jason
Mar 5, 2005, 09:03 PM
This game definitely need better background music. The music disks that can be bought online gets old and doesn't help all that much to me.

Wyndham
Mar 5, 2005, 09:28 PM
On 2005-03-05 18:03, Jason wrote:
This game definitely need better background music. The music disks that can be bought online gets old and doesn't help all that much to me.

o fix that I turn the BGM off, and play my favourite cds.
I hope that helps.

Eihwaz
Mar 5, 2005, 09:36 PM
On 2005-03-05 10:39, tactician7777 wrote:
Offline single-player only, or offline totally? And the Item Manager would be great. (No more drop-trading! w05t!)

Eh, probably just for offline-single player. And yes, drop trading is annoying as hell. It's also impossible if you only have one controller. >_>

Zeraliki
Mar 5, 2005, 10:53 PM
A far more advanced charather creation system something that u usually find in things like wretling or some other sports games

Ditto. I recall that one of the wrestling games I played had quite a complex character creation system. You could make your wrestler look like just about anyone. Unfortunately, if such a character creation system were used for PSO, there wouldn't be much room for the actual game (unless it were only for PC, in which there would probably be multiple install disks).

Also, being able to pause while playing offline would be nice. I've lost track of how many times I've been called to eat dinner in the middle of a boss battle.

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2005, 11:30 PM
Probably one of the SmackDown! games. I had endless fun with SD! Shut Your Mouth's Create A Wrestler thing, filled two memory cards, and you can put like... 30 characters on each card, and assign them all individual moves.

Wouldn't it be so incredibly awesome to have something like that for PSO? Pick from individual features for your character's face, individually adjust the proportions of body parts, put together outfits, assign them different animations(HUmar with HUcaseal daggers anyone? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) for them to use, etc?

PSO also needs the ability to stick Ash on top of a folding table and then do a Five-Star Frog Splash or something similar off the top of the SmackDown fist onto him, but that's sadly not going to happen. >_>;

Eihwaz
Mar 5, 2005, 11:40 PM
On 2005-03-05 20:30, Ian-KunX wrote:
Wouldn't it be so incredibly awesome to have something like that for PSO? Pick from individual features for your character's face, individually adjust the proportions of body parts, put together outfits, assign them different animations(HUmar with HUcaseal daggers anyone? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) for them to use, etc?

Yes. Yes, it would be incredibly awesome.

PSO also needs the ability to stick Ash on top of a folding table and then do a Five-Star Frog Splash or something similar off the top of the SmackDown fist onto him, but that's sadly not going to happen. >_>;

That too. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 6, 2005, 12:35 AM
It would also be cool to be able to roll and jump out of the of spells and shit, this would be useful because Zonde is cheap

Harotu
Mar 6, 2005, 01:35 AM
LAN sounds like a good idea, playing with three or more players with small screens is horrible and transfering take a while at times. As far as it goes for targeting, there should be some sort of option where you can slightly adjust your aiming postion so when you turn around you're not shooting/slashing a wall. Also, when organizing items manually there should be an option where you can select an item and "drag" it to a higher position. Having to select the item, switch its postion with the one above it, and then repeating get's annoying. Advanced player creation options like adding accessories (creating your own decals/designs and hats, shoes, masks, etc.) would be fun. And for the online gaming, the price should be reduced... were not all made of money ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Harotu on 2005-03-05 22:43 ]</font>

Mitri3
Mar 6, 2005, 10:17 PM
CUSTOM TRACKS!! i hate going through a long borad and hearing those same sounds over and over and over again. it get's irritating. they can keep the boss music thow. just have custom tracks for the main area.

Graptakular83
Mar 7, 2005, 05:50 AM
I'll say what I said in the "better char customization" thread"

Mag abilities. Like a mag that lets you dash, run, fly, ect. Or a mag that assists by shooting or melee attacking enemies with you, or a mag that increases your combo beyond three hits....GBA mag farming (like chao gardens only with a mag).

Offline multiplayer games where everyone can split up to tackle different areas. Multiplayer questing.

Split
Mar 8, 2005, 03:42 PM
Needs a good story offline, a Kingdom Hearts/ Zelda esque battle system complete with jump command and side jump command. Also needs better graphics for character models, MUCH better enemy ai, vehicles, music that doesn't put you to sleep, better pioneer 2(jesus, let us into the actual goddamn city!), voices(not necessarily dialogue just things like "Ha! Hiya! Gyaah!!"when you are attacking or casting or getting PWNED) NPC party members with GOOD ai while you're offline, at least 15 different areas per episode, the ability to run while shooting, and tons more techs. I hope universe has all these things...

In short, ST needs to take hints from square. A TON of hints.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-03-08 12:45 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 8, 2005, 03:44 PM
As long as the voices aren't anything similar to the lobby voices you can do in Ep3... 'Bravo!' http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Also, I think dodging attacks would be an ok idea, but dodging Zonde? It's a lightning bolt, you wouldnt have chance to move...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-03-08 12:46 ]</font>

Coleslaw
Mar 9, 2005, 06:23 PM
less glitches,more character detail,maybe like a cutscene deal or something

Zeraliki
Mar 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
Or a mag that assists by shooting or melee attacking enemies with you,

I was just thinking about that recently. It could be sort of like Azure Dreams (a monster-raising RPG for those who don't know): You could set your mag to attack on it's own by shooting photon bullets or something, help boost your own attack power, cure status problems, and things like that. Man, that would be awesome.

kutulu
Mar 9, 2005, 09:37 PM
How about equippable items showing up on the characters. More customization options. Better music for episode 1, its decent but I far prefer episode's 2 music (the temple remix from ps4 is awesome). Also a feature that allows your character to instantly begin running and not stand as if engaging the enemy when you want to retreat. A completely overhauled graphic engine, this things been in use since the DC days. And LAN play would be icing on the cake.