View Full Version : Greg was banned?

rbf2000
Jul 20, 2002, 01:34 AM
What did I miss?

ABDUR101
Jul 20, 2002, 01:51 AM
On 2002-07-19 23:34, rbf2000 wrote:
What did I miss?

Did you read the "Banned" under his name? That would signify he was banned. For what? Well the past week he's been flaming and just making no sense, as if he did'nt care to be a member of PSOW. I did'nt see the thread that got him banned, but no doubt it was deserved. He was banned before for flaming, then Wata let him come back on "probation". What happens when you break the law if you're on probation?

Wata was actually being nice. He did'nt IP ban Greg at first, so Greg could still come here for all his PSO news. Well, Greg signed up as two different(and bad) usernames, and started alittle more trouble. Thus, IP ban.

That's about it I beleive, all that I saw.

pixelate
Jul 20, 2002, 01:54 AM
Consistent flaming and consistent free-posting gets you banned. It happens now and then.

rbf2000
Jul 20, 2002, 02:19 AM
Ok, I guess I just hadn't seen anything recently that was ban worthy. But I don't doubt that something sent him over the edge.

ABDUR101
Jul 20, 2002, 09:11 AM
On 2002-07-20 00:19, rbf2000 wrote:
Ok, I guess I just hadn't seen anything recently that was ban worthy. But I don't doubt that something sent him over the edge.

Posting "poooop" and "." as your only reply to a thread or someone's comment is blatant spam. And considering he flamed anyone for the slightest dissagreement did'nt help either.

He was on probation since he was perm banned last night, if you're on probation and you break the law again, usually you get the full extent of the law put against you.

Thus, he was banned(again).

If anything, he was sick of PSOW and was just doing anything he wanted.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 20, 2002, 12:04 PM
I didn't care for Greg all that much, but he didn't do anything that's over the line. I may get heat for saying this, but recent events have shown that the mods are more abusive than the users. The mods of the past were way better; I miss the days when IceBlink was the only active one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif These days you see mods flaming the users and changing their sigs in a poor attempt to humiliate 'em and then deleting/editing the posts to cover up the evidence. (I wouldn't be surprised if some were pk'ers/NOL'ers/etc.)

ABDUR101
Jul 20, 2002, 12:18 PM
On 2002-07-20 10:04, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I didn't care for Greg all that much, but he didn't do anything that's over the line.

Blatant flaming is against the rules. He was banned before for flaming. He was allowed to come back under "probation", and he still flamed people. He went longer flaming than alot of people. Read what I already posted about it.

I may get heat for saying this, but recent events have shown that the mods are more abusive than the users.

Playing the victim gets really old. Mods are mods, and if you don't do anything assenine or against the rules, they leave you alone. I always say, leave ego's at the door, because they will get broke here.

I've known the mods for quite a while, and they are far from the 'abusive bastards and bitches" that everyone makes them out to be. If you don't like how this place is run, you are free to leave, no one is stopping you. Just come here for the latest news, or to meet new people, if posting here is such a harmful experience under such bastard dictatorship, then by all means, please don't come back. And that's directed at everyone.

The mods of the past were way better; I miss the days when IceBlink was the only active one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Guess what, Iceblink is friends with the current active mods. He's the one who chose them to help. If you liked Iceblink, you should accept his decision for help. He knows what he's doing, and he mad damn good decisions. Trust me, it CAN be worse.

These days you see mods flaming the users and changing their sigs in a poor attempt to humiliate 'em and then deleting/editing the posts to cover up the evidence.

No, I'd say they delete the posts/threads because what happened was either offensive or uncalled for. Not that it really matters, because if you weren't involved it's none of your concern, right?

And since when are mods supposed to get flamed constantly and told they're doing a shitty job and not defend themselves? Everyone better fear the day I become a mod, because I would'nt put up with half the BS the current mods do(Sleet flaming for an entire week in an effort to give him a chance to calm down? I would'nt of given him that..)

(I wouldn't be surprised if some were pk'ers/NOL'ers/etc.)

YES they are so evil! They must steal from babies too! OMG!

TeamPhalanx
Jul 20, 2002, 01:37 PM
So, according to you, flamers should be banned. So, why aren't some of the mods banned? They've flamed users as well.

How do you justify changing people sigs for personal reasons?- Mainly to make the users look bad? Well?!?

I never said I liked IceBlink; I just said that he's a good mod, and probably the only good one.

Some of them probably annoy other PSO players cause it's the same attitude. PK'ers pk you because they have some delusion that they have power. Same here. Again, how do you justify changing a member's sig and then being proud and bragging about it? I'm so cool because I can annoy other PSO players; I'm so cool because I can piss off the members.

I've seen some offensive posts, and they're all locked. I've seen posts being deleted, and they all involved the mods in some way or another.

I find your attitude of "they do their job" sickening. Only the foolish and blind ignore improper actions and tell themselves that there are no problems. A mod system doesn't work if the mods abuse their powers and lose the trust/respect of the members.

ABDUR101
Jul 20, 2002, 02:22 PM
On 2002-07-20 11:37, TeamPhalanx wrote:
So, according to you, flamers should be banned. So, why aren't some of the mods banned? They've flamed users as well.

Mods don't go around picking fights with members. They do their job. If you don't like how they do their job, leave. It's a very simple equation. You are posting on their forum that they maintain.

How do you justify changing people sigs for personal reasons?- Mainly to make the users look bad? Well?!?

How do you justify users telling the mods that they can't do their job worth shit, and blatantly attacking them? The mods do a damn good job, nobodies perfect. Again, ego's should be left at the door. If getting your sig edited is going to throw you in a tizzy, whats your malfunction?

I never said I liked IceBlink; I just said that he's a good mod, and probably the only good one.

Yeah, Iceblink is a good mod. But you still have to respect his decision for the mods he chose. And if you can't, then leave. You're a guest here.

Some of them probably annoy other PSO players cause it's the same attitude. PK'ers pk you because they have some delusion that they have power. Same here. Again, how do you justify changing a member's sig and then being proud and bragging about it?

They do have power here, they maintain the forum. You abide by the rules they set down. Honestly, I don't give a damn about someone's sig being edited. You're bitching about a single incident anyways. In comparison, the amount of BS the mods put up with like nit-picking whiny bitches is alot worse than one mod changing two words in a users sig.

I'm so cool because I can annoy other PSO players; I'm so cool because I can piss off the members.

...yeah..you must have been pk'd alot huh?

I've seen some offensive posts, and they're all locked. I've seen posts being deleted, and they all involved the mods in some way or another.

Yeah, and the majority of them were un-needed flames and BS caused by members. Are you making the connection at all?

I find your attitude of "they do their job" sickening. Only the foolish and blind ignore improper actions and tell themselves that there are no problems.

Hey, atleast I accept the mods and any mistakes they do. I don't need to be a whiny bitch and try to over throw them. Only those with no life and nothing to do have to keep coming back to a forum that they supposedly despise. If the mods here are so god damn evil, fucking leave, then you won't be so cursed with having to see them do such evil things. Is that simple enough? The mods won't be leaving, so it's entirely in your court what you do.

Stay and enjoy the site for what it is, or leave and go find somewhere else to post.

A mod system doesn't work if the mods abuse their powers and lose the trust/respect of the members.

They have my trust. As well as quite afew others. Where's the revolt? Where's the mob with pitch forks and torches? I only saw afew assholes and smartasses who thought they could do better, they left or got banned for not showing respect to a forum they are a guest to. It's that simple. If you can make a better PSO site, with a better forum, then go and do it. Make everyone happy.

Again, playing the victim gets old. It even happened when the only three mods were Ayame, Jazzy and Iceblink. Everyone despised Iceblink for making the decision on those two. Guess what, most of those people are still here, they came to terms with the decision.

Do you undastand?

LollipopLolita
Jul 20, 2002, 04:33 PM
shush children shush

rbf2000
Jul 20, 2002, 08:42 PM
On 2002-07-20 10:18, ABDUR101 wrote:

(I wouldn't be surprised if some were pk'ers/NOL'ers/etc.)

YES they are so evil! They must steal from babies too! OMG!
Castelak gave me a FSOD once o.O

RuneLateralus
Jul 20, 2002, 10:11 PM
Why must people bitch so much...

You post here, then guess what, you got to go by the rules. You don't like them, then get out.

Plain, simple, and easy to see.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 21, 2002, 02:09 PM
I'm not "blatantly" attacking them, as they gave me reasons to be dissatisfied with their actions. As for mods not flaming members, I can find quote of them doing exactly that, if they haven't deleted the posts.

Rules only work when EVERYBODY follows them.
And, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not questioning all of them, just the lousy ones who break the rules and do stupid thing to get members upset. As I've said before, Ayame was an awesome mod, and IceBlink has been doing an excellent job all this time.

LollipopLolita
Jul 21, 2002, 06:59 PM
this is a why greg is banned post. and the question has been answered. and he will remain banned.

phalanx i am sorry you have complaints and grievances but please start your own thread for it or address the mods via pms. ayame was dropped as a mod because of an extremely extended period of inactivity and iceblink hasn't been active for a long time due to computer problems.

a community isn't just based on the mods. it's also based on users. and here at psow, it's an open door to all policy. we do not selectively go through users and accept only those who meet our requirements. as such we get an influx of all posters, mature or not, old and young. all the mods are trying to do their jobs. yes they have made some members upset, but members have also made mods upset.

since the intent of the this topic is now met, i am locking this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lolita on 2002-07-21 17:00 ]</font>