PDA

View Full Version : Is buying a broadband adapter worth it?

Gargantua
Mar 7, 2005, 08:17 PM
I checked Amazon at they were priced around $45, I might be able to find one cheaper at Gamestop, but I still don't know if spending any money at all is worth it...

Scejntjynahl
Mar 7, 2005, 09:06 PM
On 2005-03-07 17:17, Gargantua wrote:
I checked Amazon at they were priced around $45, I might be able to find one cheaper at Gamestop, but I still don't know if spending any money at all is worth it...

If you dont mind playing alone... then it is not worth it. But if you want to experience how it is to play with others with having to resort to the four split screens... then it is worth it.

The opinions will differ here, I am quite sure you will get pros and cons. But in the end there is only one true way to find out.

Gargantua
Mar 7, 2005, 09:27 PM
Well the only person I know that has PSO is in Australia, so he can't really get online, but it would be nice to play with other people.

Corey
Mar 7, 2005, 09:30 PM
Well Right Now GC PSO is in a slump...unless you have AR to use the anti-word select FSOD or can use Schthack's anti-FSOD I wouldn't reccomend going online at the moment.

(P.S. Don't ask on anything about those here as it is against the rules)

Sitka
Mar 7, 2005, 09:47 PM
Second that Corey.

I went on Gamecube this weekend for the first time and FSOD'd twice in about an hour.

Good thing my char was level 1 with nothing to lose.

I put my tail between my legs and scrambled back to xbox as quick as a kipper.

I'm keeping my BBA - and my options - open, however.

Gargantua
Mar 7, 2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, but now that you've mentioned those, it feels like I almost HAVE to ask...