PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: I am torn asunder in my heart region!

Arkke
Mar 7, 2005, 10:27 PM
I screwed it up XD

See poll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arkke on 2005-03-07 19:28 ]</font>

Cynric
Mar 7, 2005, 10:43 PM
Depends how bad you want it. The language isn't a problem at all. I don't read a single character of katakana, yet I have all the major items memorized. Just experiment what a certain item does, remember it from other PSO versions, and write it down along with its translation. After a week or two you won't even need to look at your list. Plus there are always people that can read kana fluently, so your chances of finding someone to tell you what rare you just found is very good. All it takes is the tiniest bit of work on your end.

As for Play-Asia, the regular Blue-Burst comes with just that: Blue Burst. It's free to download off of the website psobb.jp however, so that's a waste of money. Episode 4 comes with Blue Burst AND Episode 4, plus the Ep4 soundtrack. The way I would go is download BB and try it out first. Then if you like it, buy Ep4 or just stick with episodes 1 & 2.

The Hunter's License is $10 per month, and the trial period lasts for either 15 days OR when one character reaches lvl 20, whichever comes first. If you hit lvl 20, all your characters will be erased, and you'll have to make new ones for the remaining time period you have left. If you wait until 15 days are up, your account is frozen for 90 days giving you ample time to buy a Hunter's License.

Arkke
Mar 7, 2005, 10:47 PM
Thank you very much. Your info is very helpful http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've got it downloading now, so I'll at least give the trial a chance.

LogiKooL
Mar 8, 2005, 04:33 AM
Its very playable in Japanese, I downloaded the game and started the trial last night!

I used to play this game an awful lot on Dreamcast so I very quickly worked it all out again. I guess some of the missions could be difficult?

I am very tempted to order Ep4, im sure ill tire of Ep 1&2 quite quickly, been there - done that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skorpius
Mar 8, 2005, 06:31 AM
You could've just waited until the English Beta >.>;

First, I'm quite sure the Japanese servers will have more players, and exist for much longer than the American servers will.

That's if the servers are seperated. people think they will be because the Chinese versio is still in its Beta testing phase? I also think that the English servers will be a lot more active, America / English speaking players will flock to BB just to test it, or play it, and stick around because it's in English. I know I will try it, and might stick with it.

Using assumptions and speculation about seperated servers, at this point, isn't a good idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-08 03:33 ]</font>

Omega_Nova
Mar 8, 2005, 09:48 AM
Will the Japanese HL cost less? If so I'm signing up for Japanese today!

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 8, 2005, 10:10 AM
They might not be tho. The thing that's keeping that alive is the simple fact in the data.gsl file the english stuff can be found on the JP version.

Tycho
Mar 8, 2005, 12:33 PM
You can't really decide until you know whether or not the servers would be separated. Learning Katakana shouldn't be an issue, you should be able to learn to read that in no-time.

Tancient
Mar 8, 2005, 12:48 PM
Those that play the Japanese version, have you taken a look at the ship numbers? About a month ago they hanged the beginner ship to number 99. Now, personally, I really don't think they expect it to get so big in Japan that they'd need 99 different servers to handle the load. XD

Arkke
Mar 8, 2005, 11:17 PM
I decided that now would be as good a time as any to pick up some Japanese, so I'm playing the Japanese PSOBB now. If anyone wants to play with me, just say so. I'd love the company; adventuring alone is so loenly ;_;

Coleslaw
Mar 9, 2005, 06:13 PM
USA! USA! woo woo woo woo