PDA

View Full Version : Dummest person ever confronted in ther work place?

Ice_ryu
Mar 10, 2005, 09:25 AM
These should be good for some laughs....
Mine ... Keep in mind that I am a PC Technician. No lie either.

Get a call:

ME: How can I help you?

User: I got a problem with my PC, It does it boot anymore since I deleted a file.

ME:What did you delete?

User: My computer was low on disk space and I saw files that were not mine on the C: drive. So I went to DOS and typed C:DEL *.*
Then said to to delete.

I.D.10.T error

Jess16241
Mar 10, 2005, 10:10 AM
old joke...

Ice_ryu
Mar 10, 2005, 10:12 AM
Not a joke. this happened to me. I got this call for realfrom a user in J&J.

TheOneHero
Mar 10, 2005, 11:50 AM
I used to work at a haunted house in Indiana.

First customer I get, I scare.

Her: Geeze why did you do that!?"
Me: It's my job. And besides, this is a 'haunted house'.
Her: They should have said something like that.
Me: I thought the company name implied it.

Scrub
Mar 10, 2005, 04:14 PM
Oh dear Lord, today at the Restuarant somebody asked for Coffee. I asked if they wanted cream in it, and they said "no thanks." After taking a sip, they said "Actually, I will try it with some cream."

So I put it in, and they took another sip, and then proceeded to ask "I liked it better before, could you take the cream back out?"

-___-;

Jess16241
Mar 10, 2005, 04:59 PM
I got this from the same site that i found the joke you made above:
<joke>
I went to the store the other day and I was in there for only about 5 minutes. When I came out there was a motorcycle cop writing a parking ticket. So I went up to him and said "Come on buddy, how about giving me a break?" He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a pencil-necked Nazi. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for worn tires! So I called him a piece of horse s**t. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket! This went on for about 20 minutes ... the more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner. I try to have a little fun each day. It's important.
</joke>

this is towards the joke you made: 1 the caller is a copycat doing a prank, 2 that didn't really happen and you copy and pasted, 3 you posted the same thing on that website as well

P.S. i saw the joke on the site i found the one above at least a week ago, i can provide a link if anyone needs proof

TheOneHero
Mar 10, 2005, 05:16 PM
On 2005-03-10 13:14, GreyPhantasm wrote:

So I put it in, and they took another sip, and then proceeded to ask "I liked it better before, could you take the cream back out?"

I hope you gave that person a nice smack to the back of the head. -_-

Scrub
Mar 10, 2005, 06:52 PM
On 2005-03-10 14:16, TheOneHero wrote:

And get expelled, hooray.=)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 11, 2005, 04:10 AM
On 2005-03-10 15:52, GreyPhantasm wrote:

On 2005-03-10 14:16, TheOneHero wrote:

And get expelled, hooray.=)

Yah!
That would be "dumm," yo. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
(They just wanted more coffee for free.) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Scrub
Mar 11, 2005, 06:34 AM
The coffee already IS free.XD

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 12, 2005, 01:40 PM
I don't really deal with a lot of customers, but I do deal with Architects. It boggles my mind to try and believe that these are educated people. I just don't get how someone can spend 6 years or so in college learning their trade, then manage to screw it up every *single* time they attempt to enact it. WD Partners is especially infamous around our office for screwing up. My buddy Sal likes to talk about their habit of calling him up to ask for information that already exists on the plans we've provided to them. They'll ask for the elevation of a Storm Drain grate, for example. His typical response is to the effect of, "What does the number labeled 'GR' next to it say?"

Yesterday, we recieved an elevation drawing (drawings of the project's building from ground level, displaying the heights at which certain features will appear) from them that were promised to us two days prior. The first thing we observed was that they did not base these elevations on the site plan drawing we had provided them with a week earlier (which contained significant changes to the building). They also drew the same wall at two different heights in the Front view as well as the Right side view (which was labeled as the Left side, at that). There were a number of other problems with it that I'm not thinking of, offhand.

Another site plan that they had been in charge of laying out-- which, honestly I don't think Architects should ever be allowed to lay out site plans --was especially bad. On this site plan, the city required them to have, if I recall correctly, 549 parking stalls. By the math they had (mistakenly) chosen to use, they believed that the city required them to have 686 parking stalls. That was the first big mistake.

Their second big mistake was specifically choosing the building configuration that works the least out of all of the options we'd come up with (this particular Home Depot was placed as far to the back of the lot as possible and angled to produce the largest Garden Center possible, while removing more parking stalls than any other configuration we'd drawn), then laying out somewhere between 450 and 500 parking stalls and announcing to Home Depot, the Civil Engineering Consultant (us), and everyone else that had a hand in it, that they had come up with an acceptable site plan that meets, neigh, exceeds parking requirements.

After seeing it, we immediately sent it back. To translate from Business-speak to Internet Pop-culture speak, we told them that they're dumb as shit and they need to revise this plan because they did their math stupid and they still don't meet the requirements even in the slightest.

We got it back again. Now they're up to 508 stalls, and they still haven't fixed their math. They're again claiming that it works. My supervisor had to show it to Scott Mommer to proove their claims false.

So this time, we re-layed out the site plan ourselves and showed them how to meet the requirements. We got another site plan back from them that they claimed actually did work, and they even had 2 stalls more than they needed. It looked nothing like what we showed them, was 5 or 6 stalls short, and they still needed another 2 or 3 handicapped stalls. When confronted about the problem, the Architect in charge of that particular project asked my supervisor, "Did you count the Cart Corales?"

My first response would've been, "Can you park in a damned Cart Corale?"

My supervisor, however, simply told him that we did not count the Cart Corales. As the conversation went, this Architect ultimately concluded, "Do you mean we can't count the Cart Corales?" No, you can't count the Cart Corales, you logically-challenged baffoon!

They eventually fixed their mistake by more or less including the maximum amount of Compact parking stalls (about 30% of all stalls in the lot). At a Home Depot. My thought is... Who the hell takes their compact car to a Home Depot, if they have a choice? I mean damn, I drive a fricken boat] of a car, and I've bought stuff from there that I've had to duct tape to the roof because I couldn't get it through the door. Great. So, instead of using our solution, which required no compact stalls, they chose to use as many compact stalls as possible. Wonderful.

WD Partners is possibly overshadowed by another firm I've worked with. In laying out the map of a subdivision, they insisted on drawing no two sides of a single street parallel with eachother (or anything else, for that matter) and somehow managed to prevent the side of one particular street from being parallel with itself. They also designed houses for not one but TWO subdivisions that didn't fit on the lots that they had configured. The icing on the cake was when they decided to mirror the gated entry, so that, as my supervisor described it, entrance participants had to reach out of their passenger-side window to punch in their pass code to open the gate.

When asked why they did this, their response was, "Revision not intentional." How the hell do you accidentally mirror something? I mean damn, it's not like the erase command which requires you hit "e", and may often be typo'd in place of the "rotate" command ('r'). Holy crap, people! ...