PDA

View Full Version : Burning

TheOneHero
Mar 10, 2005, 11:17 AM
Last night I woke up from my chest burning. It's happened before and usually only lasts a few moments. However, this one was different. The burning was not just focused in one given area, but was spread over my entire chest. The pain was more than it has ever given me before, so much I could barely move. This continued on for several minutes, when it finally stopped I tried to move again but the pain came back, much stronger than before and I collasped. Now every once in awhile my chest will throb or get a slight burning sensation for brief moments.

I have no idea what is wrong, and last time I went to the doctor he couldn't give me an answer; saying he would look into it and call me shortly. That was 3 months ago, and no such call has happened. -_-

Thoughts on what this might be?

Kupi
Mar 10, 2005, 12:15 PM
Something worthy of going to a different doctor, that's for sure. O_o Seriously, whatever it takes, get an answer as to what it is. I've no clue.

ABDUR101
Mar 10, 2005, 01:35 PM
In such a situation, expect the worst and go directly to a doctor. Nothing we say here will mean a damn thing, and even if we have an idea of what it could be, I'd rather not give a guestimate when it might be something very severe.

Call your doctor and demand to be seen, and if he gives you any shit, go for a second opinion. Be firm, it's your body.

And yeah, I'm jaded towards doctors because I deal with some pretty stupid fuckers in the medical field who all but don't seem to care about their patients well-being.

Ochre
Mar 10, 2005, 04:06 PM
Yep, he's right. And if the doctors refuse to get around to helping you, make 'em.

I have some health issues myself, but after I got some medical junk done done, they essentially cut all ties, leaving me hanging dry and with the issue in question not having been resolved at all. But, at least I know WHAT my problems are for the most part, unlike in your case.

I really recommend you make another call and MAKE them find out what it is. Because it certainly doesn't sound good at all. Best of luck!

TheOneHero
Mar 10, 2005, 05:57 PM
My brother is doctor, (lives back in Indiana). I'm going to give him a call and ask him on what it is/how to deal with it if he knows.

I've lost faith in Michigan and the residents here. So no way am I heading to see someone here. -_-

derBauer
Mar 10, 2005, 09:06 PM
Maybe you drank too much?

Fefnir
Mar 11, 2005, 02:55 AM
How would drinking cause a burning sensation?

I get that sometimes. In my leg. It happens every month or so and it feels like the muscles are boiling and kinda twisting around each other. Not really sure what the hell it's supposed to mean though.

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 09:05 AM
Heartburn.