PDA

View Full Version : PSO is Easy.

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 12:28 AM
No shit sherlocke, you've only been playing it for 3 years.

What ISN'T easy/memorized throughout after 3 years of playing/doing it? If it's not, there's something wrong here. Seriously.

Wow, Ultimate Mode is so easy. Give someone who has never played the game one of your Ultimate accesible characters, and don't tell them how to play. Then, watch (Giggling is allowed) as they get raped 7 times over from Barbles.

So PSO is easy and repetive after 3 years of play? Fine, quit and get over PSO. Let those of us who are still playing enjoy the game.

Nai_Calus
Mar 11, 2005, 12:37 AM
I've only been playing for two years, thankyouverymuch. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And dude. Seriously. I couldn't even fucking manage to pull off a 3-hit combo until my HUmar was L40-something, and it took me another 30 levels after that to figure out that it wasn't always a good idea to DO a 3-hit combo. XP

I still got my first character to Ult at L60, I still managed to pwn shit, I still never really had any trouble.

PSO IS easy. Sorry. But you keep telling yourself that it's some horrible difficult thing.

And I fail to see how the fuck my finding it easy detracts from your enjoyment of the game, or means I shouldn't play it anymore.

Also, next time just PM me, I'll be less annoyed.

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 12:48 AM
PSO is easy.

Granted that people who have played longer will find it less challenging, but I still remember when I first played the game. It was easy then, and is easy now. Only difference is that I don't have the characters I started out with, my rares have more stars, and I'm helping those who can't figure out that if you miss, stop using the Heavy Attack to start your combo.

There really isn't any strategic challenge to PSO. Equip the strongest armor you can, use a powerful weapon, make large numbers appear.

Mixfortune
Mar 11, 2005, 12:49 AM
What does it matter if EP2 is harder than EP4?
What does it matter if PSO is hard or not?
Last I checked, I play because it's fun. I didn't pick up PSO and say "wow this sure looks difficult/easy, I'll play it for that reason".
Is it some personal attack or something when someone says they think PSO is easy or difficult? The only ones who should care are those in ST.

There's different versions of fun, and there's different versions of what's difficult. Because someone thinks something fits in their definition of difficult, doesn't mean they suck at PSO, nor does it mean someone's an elitist just because they say they think PSO is easy, so stop assuming.

Again, play it because you like it, or because it's fun. Arguing about the defining qualities of difficulty won't make ST come over here and give a shit. Some people find some things harder than others overall, doesn't mean they suck.

Otherwise you're just taking the game too seriously.

Also... PJ... of course someone will get killed a bunch if you stick them in Ult and don't even tell them how to play... doesn't necessarily make the game difficult... that's like playing someone in tic-tac-toe that has never played it before, and all you tell them is "you place one of your pieces in one of the squares", and nothing about how to actually play correctly. Chances are good they'll lose.

Sagasu
Mar 11, 2005, 12:49 AM
Easy to you guys, perhaps.

To others it may not be. Learn to gloat respectively http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

navci
Mar 11, 2005, 01:28 AM
Well.
This has to be said:
People still play PSO? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 01:30 AM
On 2005-03-10 21:49, Mixfortune wrote:
Again, play it because you like it, or because it's fun. Arguing about the defining qualities of difficulty won't make ST come over here and give a shit. Some people find some things harder than others overall, doesn't mean they suck.

I have a secret burning love for Mix.

Outrider
Mar 11, 2005, 02:13 AM
On 2005-03-10 22:30, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-03-10 21:49, Mixfortune wrote:

I have a secret burning love for Mix.

Not too secret anymore, is it?

But yeah, I agree with the "who cares" sentiment. Does it really matter if you find a game easy or hard? Some people might have trouble with a game you find easy and think it's "challenge" makes it fun, while you might find it easy because of the way you can rush through it.

A game's a game. Play it if it's fun, and how cares if it's hard or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-03-10 23:14 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 11, 2005, 04:54 AM
You go online for the first time(in a while, right?) and run into Ian in Ultimate mode?

Hmm.
What exactly transpired here?

No worries about ranting over a frustration you felt.

A better way of saying "PSO is easy", is "PSO isn't too difficult, just keep playing and don't give up."

Being direct is just one way to acknowledge something as a rhetorical question. For example, 'You died here? Why?'

Hehe if you felt that someone was implying that "PSO is easy(to me), why is it hard for you?" and you were insulted, go ahead and rant away.

PSO online and Offline are two different beasts.
Some people stay away from online PSO entirely just because of instant criticism.

Opinions on difficulty shouldn't matter as long as you're getting along and enjoying yourselves while you're playing, to re-iterate that relevant point.

RedSchwar
Mar 11, 2005, 11:22 AM
Any RPG is easy.

All you have to do is wait and level up more, and anyone could eventually beat it.

Beating an RPG is never anything to be proud of. It's just a bunch of stats stacking up against other stats.

Anyone who thinks they're "big shit" because they beat the game at a low level probably fails to mention how many times they got pwn3d, and that you get AS MANY TRIES AS YOU WANT.

Stupid discussion. Stop trying to find ways to brag over this game. A person who helps an old lady cross the street has done more than someone who has three level 200 characters, so get over yourselves. And get a job.

Solstis
Mar 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
On 2005-03-11 08:22, RedSchwar wrote:
Any RPG is easy.

All you have to do is wait and level up more, and anyone could eventually beat it.

Beating an RPG is never anything to be proud of. It's just a bunch of stats stacking up against other stats.

Anyone who thinks they're "big shit" because they beat the game at a low level probably fails to mention how many times they got pwn3d, and that you get AS MANY TRIES AS YOU WANT.

Stupid discussion. Stop trying to find ways to brag over this game. A person who helps an old lady cross the street has done more than someone who has three level 200 characters, so get over yourselves. And get a job.

I don't recall anyone bragging about their characters in this topic.

Some RPGs are naturally harder than others, due to either puzzles, learning curve, level grinding or whatnot.

People are saying that PSO is easy, because really, it is pretty brainless. Puzzles? Walking over a few switches? Pleeease.

Fanta
Mar 11, 2005, 11:39 AM
Yes PSO is easy for Veterans...

No players like myself however are having some difficulty...

I am Lv 70 now and am finding it VERY easy in Normal - VH (duh) however Ult is quite difficult with Megid flying everywhere...

I am only not struggling in Forest,, when I first got to Ult I was Lv 64 (well Lv 65 cos Lv after killing Falz) but as someone said (to put in simplest terms) I was getting raped over and over by Bartle/Barble (the woof woofs were easy)

However, give me time to get used to it and Ill be wizzing through no problem and will leave the game for a month or so...unless I get online...

Also, Im not exactly an expert and what combo to use.
I always be habit now use Normal - Heavy - Heavy
Or at least start with Normal...

Solstis
Mar 11, 2005, 11:42 AM
Yes, but it is only hard to you because you haven't quite mastered the techniques.

It isn't hard because, say, you have encountered some mysterious wall that you have to figure out. I don't recall ever having to pull out a piece of paper in order to figure out whatthehell is going on.

Too bad the Adventure genre is pretty much dead.

KaFKa
Mar 11, 2005, 11:45 AM
why I played PSO: because the game was something new.

Because i liked the idea of using twitch-gaming reflexes to a visible advantange.

because no matter how many times you do it, beating a big mole/bear thing with a lightsaber is damn funny when your sleep deprived.

and last but not least, because i was told i wouldnt be able to beat ultimate. EVER.

Para
Mar 11, 2005, 11:55 AM
Just enjoy the damn game and quit yakking.

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 12:36 PM
On 2005-03-10 21:37, Ian-KunX wrote:
I still got my first character to Ult at L60, I still managed to pwn shit, I still never really had any trouble.

Offline? Yeah, sure, Forces can do that, HUmars can do that, and that's about the extent of offline being easy.

But you keep telling yourself that it's some horrible difficult thing.

Solo PW4. (Don't say it Skorp http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

EDIT: While you're at it, solo any online quest that's outside Forest/Caves/Temple.

Also, next time just PM me, I'll be less annoyed.

I'm glad you caught on quick http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-11 09:38 ]</font>

RedSchwar
Mar 11, 2005, 02:37 PM
But being able to solo it doesn't make you good. You can just die and come back as many times as you want.

It's silly to try these things.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 11, 2005, 02:52 PM
On 2005-03-11 11:37, RedSchwar wrote:
But being able to solo it doesn't make you good. You can just die and come back as many times as you want.

It's silly to try these things.

Not what was intended. Doing solo "usually" makes one be more aware of the immediate environment you are in. You strategize more, be cautious, and usually suceed. Also doing it solo you may not trigger the appearance of all the monsters which gives you time to dispatch them easily.

While online and playing in a team a nasty thing happens, you depend on others, or at least hope they have your back. In a team you hope that they all play a little bit more, uhm, cautious. But usually there will be one or two that run off in each and every direction and before you know it the whole room is full of enemies.

Granted there are some online quests that will be impossible to do solo... just for the fact that you need another person to hit that damned second floor switch http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 04:29 PM
Only thing that makes PSO difficult is statistical problems. When I say PSO is easy, I mean what Solstis explained. It doesn't take a large amount of brainpower or stratagy to overcome obstacles in the game, especially on the ULTIMATE difficulty. The only barriers you will really face during your gaming career will be statistical disadvantages to a certain area (i.e. being Level 41 in Ultimate Mode).

Now, let's get back to beating a big mole/bear thing with a lightsaber. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Musashiden
Mar 11, 2005, 05:41 PM
I am forced to agree with the fact that i think PSO is rather easy at times, and at others its not. I stopped playing and i hope to start again if i can ever pry myself off of Halo 2. But i was in ultimate at lvl 41 like Skorpius said, and that is really a challenge when your force doesnt know any techs higher than lvl 15. But just tuff it out and it'll get easier, and by the way ive only been playing for 1 1/2 years so http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Mar 11, 2005, 05:46 PM
When a game is easy, people complain it to be easy.
When a game is difficult, people complain it to be difficult.

There is no way everyone would be happy.
Ya, if you like it, chances are you will keep on playing it and whatever was difficult will become easy. If you think it's too difficult, don't play it. Make your sibling play it so you can watch. No biggie.

Being too serious give you wrinkles. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUcastShinobi
Mar 11, 2005, 06:29 PM
Difficult > Joo = Fun!
Joo > Easy = Boring...

Comprendez-vous?

TheOneHero
Mar 11, 2005, 06:47 PM
The only time I find PSO difficult is when you have shit team members. -_-

Nai_Calus
Mar 11, 2005, 08:52 PM
On 2005-03-11 09:36, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Offline? Yeah, sure, Forces can do that, HUmars can do that, and that's about the extent of offline being easy.

Forces can do that, Hunters can do that, Rangers can do that, anyone can do it. Including n00bs who haven't figured out the best way to combo with a Gladius against a Bartle yet. Hell fuck yes, offline is easy. And online? Psh. By the time they LET you to Ult online, that's not hard anymore either. Ever raise a melee FOmar, as basically a first character(Oh gods, nooo, I gave him a L140-something Mag I could have raised on him in two days doing nothing at all but sitting there), soloing damn near the whole way, with no real option to even play 'offline'? Yeah, so? Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. Raised 'em off, raised 'em on, raised 'em with twinks, without twinks, with and without help from other players... Nope, not hard.

Solo PW4. (Don't say it Skorp :P)

EDIT: While you're at it, solo any online quest that's outside Forest/Caves/Temple.

There's a difference between 'challenging' and 'stupid'. Don't confuse the two, sweetie.

And I've done the latter, too. So? It's still not hard. Time-consuming, sure, if you can't do godly awe-inspiring damage, but not hard. Sure, you'll probably fuck up dodging Megid or a Mericarol at some point, but that's why god invented Scape Dolls and telepipes. You lose.

I'm glad you caught on quick :P

Aww, admitted blatant flamebait. I'm so touched. Try harder next time, kid. And by the way, I don't appreciate it. Again. Like I said, you have a fucking problem with me, fucking PM me or reply in the goddamned thread instead of starting a thread that's obviously specifically targetting me. Especially since your whining wouldn't even have been particularily off-topic in the thread inspiring this and you could have directed at other people as well and made yourself look like less of an ass. :D

Maybe I should make a rant that all people who make FOmars with spiky green hair and claim PSO is difficult are retards with no taste and need to stop playing PSO? 9_9

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 09:10 PM
Sorry Ian, I didn't say PSO was hard, I said it's hard for someone who hasn't been playing it for 3 years... although, the 3 years was a fucking variable. >_> A single month should certainly be long enough to learn how to do something right.

Someone could say, "Vectorman," or a bunch of old games that were considered hard stupid.

OMG I CAN'T BEAT VECTORMAN IT'S SO STUPID!

EDIT: Oh, and since you can't seem to tell between me being specific and giving an example, old games are an example. You can call any hard game stupid if you like.

Oh, not to mention PJ was my first character, and naturally, untweaked.

And the, "You caught on quick comment," and calling it flamebait. The topic wasn't aimed at you, but inspired by many comments you made, as well as other people. Again, just so you don't miss it this time, NOT against you. So apparently, you didn't catch on quick. >_>

And apparently, you don't seem to realise, taste is relevant. Your FOmar looks disgusting to me, and so does ToH's RAmarl (Although, that's just a random example). You like your FOmar, he likes his RAmarl, we all live peacefully. In fact, NONE of this topic was on style. That last comment was pointless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-11 18:16 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 10:39 PM
Megaman is difficult. Ever play the original Megaman? ;p

But, so what? Someone played the game for one or more years. Enemy AI isn't that challenging, puzzles require more common sense than brainpower, and nattle tactics don;t stem too far from "Tap A, Tap A, turn around, repeat."

Sure, the game is difficult if you've never played it, that's a given, but after you experience every area of the game at least twice, you're pretty much set for the rest of your life. Like I said before, the only walls you'll run into that will cause you problems are statistcal, which has nothing to do with what we're talking about anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-11 19:46 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 11:09 PM
That's the point >_>

ABDUR101
Mar 11, 2005, 11:12 PM
Then we all kissed and made up.

Please take it to pm's if need be, I'm locking this before I have to hand out warnings.

Lets all just chill out! Happy Happy Fun Time! =]