PDA

View Full Version : I see...

Suenia
Jul 21, 2002, 07:48 AM
I see... well, so that I can be allowed to get this out of my system, let me say that that is a hugeass bias.

If they're looking to cut bandwidth, and perhaps even cut the influence of the bad apples who come from the U.S. over to other regions, they could instead implement limits on the number of people who go to servers outside their region, like the limits they place on how many players are on a ship or in a lobby... And if PSO weren't capable of doing this, I'd be astonished they left such a big hole in their planning and programming.

Well, as you'd imagine, it doesn't make me feel any better that you have problems as well. This isn't so much an issue of other regions getting better than we have, it's that we're being separated from the rest of the world, and I wouldn't be upset about that if I weren't friends with various people outside the U.S. in the first place.

It does, however, make me feel mildly better to hear that it was temporary in the past. That must've happened at a time when I wasn't playing. That means there's a vague hope they'll return the servers to their past state once people start playing in the spots they're supposed to again. Problem is, that might require a lot of people to simply quit playing completely before then. ;P

Y'know, online games like this make me sad that I'm such an oldschool gamer in any era. I have no problem playing a game over a year after its release, it its good, but online games are highly adversely affected by a wait of a few months. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif It sucks, because as far as gameplay is concerned, I have no problem putting a game like PSO on the shelf for almost a year and come back later to enjoy it again.... right now that's only holding true when I play with a select group of dedicated legit players who are on more than once a month anymore, because that's the only time the gameplay and teamwork online holds up to the gameplay alone offline. Otherwise, the remaining players are either unfriendly, spend most of the time in the lobby, or are hackers with nothing better to do.

Well, if nothing else, I've just resolved that IF I get Gamecube PSO, it will be as close to the launch date as possible, or I just won't bother. Guess I'll be saving my ver. 2 money so I can spend it on that instead. Oh well. I've always liked the Gamecube. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Suenia on 2002-07-21 05:52 ]</font>

Last_Saiyan
Jul 22, 2002, 07:23 PM
You don't like to post do you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lloyd
Aug 22, 2002, 03:01 PM
I like gamecube to XD so I'll probably get pso, so if you need a party member, I'd gladly volunteer, though it may work the other way around to, could be that I'd want a party member heh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lloyd on 2002-08-22 13:03 ]</font>

Shadow_Blade
Aug 22, 2002, 03:15 PM
At least the gc ver will be better so that if u pick it up in a year and the servers were down, you could have some friends over and play 4 player offline. ^_^