PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I think I'm done.

Skorpius
Mar 20, 2005, 03:09 AM
I no longer have the ambition to level my characters anymore, so I quit PSO (or am taking a long break). The game became more of a battle of egos than a cooporative Action/RPG, and because of this, I have been avoiding online gameplay. Recently, however, offline gameplay has just become too time consuming to do, and thinking of the future I realize that I just don't have the drive anymore.

Yeah, I miss my characters, but leveling offline is pointless. I have no one else to play with online that can get me levels, no one contacts me for games, I sit alone. I play offline because it was at least SOMETHING to be doing, but why bother? No one I played with is on anymore, and those that still play don't say shit to me. What's the point?

I'm not leaving the forums, though. I'll probably pick up and play once in a while, and might play if asked, but I'm not going to take the initiative. I'm always having to be the one asking for help, asking for games, asking to join. I'm never asked for help, never asked for games, and never asked to be joined. In combination with that, it's those that suck the fun out of it by making the game competitive. I FOUND THIS UBER PERCENTAGE! I FOUND THIS REALLY RARE ITEM! I KNOW MORE THAN YOU! Hey, congratulations, shit heads, now the game isn't fun because of you.

Will I be back? Eh, probably, but I'll be very bitter. :l I'll probably be playing tomorrow, and it might take me a few days to actually stop playing, but I'm just sick of not having anyone around anymore and I guess it's time for me to move on.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 20, 2005, 03:36 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
So you're all done then?

Being Offline only I know how terribly mundane the game gets.

Have you tried and mastered everything the game has to offer? (speaking of DC/GC)

C-mode and Battle don't look like much to most, but there is a lot of hours to be spent there. Skills to be learned. Frustrations to be had. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Back in the Dreamcast online days, this was where all the fun was for me when friends weren't online or when leveling was completely pointless(stat maxing? Easy, use materials until your head explodes! Outside of HP/TP by way of level ups that's all there was to maxing.)

When friends were online, it was a blast. C-mode and random games/wandering lobbies were things to always look forward to. With your friends around it is just that much better.

How are your previous PSO online pals keeping up the playing? Are they playing towards goals you have no use attempting? Sometimes it seems you have to follow the leader while online in PSO, from my experiences.

Do you find helping others online of any use? Try helping people you normally wouldn't and see how far you want to go with that. You should have something to offer to your online buddies, if not then no big deal. No use continuing on if there's no will to do so.

How many days left on your HL, may I ask? Just curious.

Neith
Mar 20, 2005, 06:59 AM
Sorry to see you quit Skorp, but I do see what you mean about the competitiveness of the game, particularly recently. I think I've only ever played with you once, and it was ages ago (think you were playing as Mauri), I was my original HUney, Uriko. Those were the days, the quality of online play has slumped recently. Should you return to online play, I wouldnt mind a game or two, if you're up to it. I just dont know what ships you used to play on.

Tycho
Mar 20, 2005, 08:53 AM
I'd play with you, but lately, whenever you were online, it was mostly on Episode 3 (I'd even play that I guess, haven't played that online much).

But.. just have fun and screw around in the lobbies instead? ._.

Daikarin
Mar 20, 2005, 09:55 AM
I see what you mean. What made me stop playing PSO, aside from the fact that I'm a bit fed up with the routine, was that, online we could only find "CAN U DEWP PLZ" or "R U LEGIT!?", aside from "DUPIN SPOILZ DA GAYME".

These kids can't enjoy a game, and make it their life. Instead of battling the monsters and bosses, they prefer to pound on the legit/unlegit.

Not mentioning the intentional FSODs, and spam.

Blue-Hawk
Mar 20, 2005, 11:34 AM
Welcome to my world, Skorpius. Get Guild Wars next month and find me. Then we can have real fun.

BoarDemon
Mar 20, 2005, 02:14 PM
On 2005-03-20 00:09, Skorpius wrote:
I no longer have the ambition to level my characters anymore, so I quit PSO (or am taking a long break). The game became more of a battle of egos than a cooporative Action/RPG, and because of this, I have been avoiding online gameplay. Recently, however, offline gameplay has just become too time consuming to do, and thinking of the future I realize that I just don't have the drive anymore.

Yeah, I miss my characters, but leveling offline is pointless. I have no one else to play with online that can get me levels, no one contacts me for games, I sit alone. I play offline because it was at least SOMETHING to be doing, but why bother? No one I played with is on anymore, and those that still play don't say shit to me. What's the point?

Yeah that's the same reason why I quit.(or am taking a long break)

Skorpius
Mar 20, 2005, 03:42 PM
I'm going to try and salvage what little ambition I have left and remake my old HUnewearl. See what happens there.

J3553
Mar 20, 2005, 05:54 PM
D'oh! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

We only played like once I think. Don't even know if I got your guild card. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ah well, if it's not fun for you no need to play.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Mar 20, 2005, 07:20 PM
I feel the same way Skorp. I suppose my situation was a little different in the friends department though. My friends I knew before the game hated it, all except for 1. He got bored of the game eventually as well. I never made any friends online either so once people started locking their games out of fear of FSOD/Corruption there was no point in playing anymore. I play sometimes but it feels empty everytime.

BoarDemon
Mar 20, 2005, 09:06 PM
On 2005-03-20 16:20, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
I never made any friends online either so once people started locking their games out of fear of FSOD/Corruption there was no point in playing anymore. I play sometimes but it feels empty everytime.

Yeah, that happens to me too.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 21, 2005, 12:10 PM

So no one is around to play with you? You hate having to ask to join in? Why in the hell does this sound like PE class in high school? Oh wait... because its the same idea. Tsk tsk tsk.

Come on now Skorp quitting because a few (or majority) of the people arent pleading for your assistance or are too busy been idiots is not a real good reason to give up.

My goodness, I practically went ballistic when ST had technical difficulties with their auto-renewal of the HL. I emailed them like hell to get back online... since I have been online since October 2003 this forced Hiatus sucked. And I can guarantee you... not all the time was I playing with other people... most of it has been solo. Why? Quests for one, and quicker leveling. The occassional conversations to be had at the lobbies. Oh and about spammers and idiots... well I just leave to another ship. Why would I waste my time with them anyways? Having to ask to join bothers you? Hell nothing ventured nothing gained Skorp. So what if you do, no big deal. It doesnt mean your losing your dignity Skorp, only means you want to play in a team.

Now... if the game itself is no longer interesting to you. No longer offers new adventures for you. No longer seems worth the 8.95 a month... by all means, go ahead and quit. Or take a break, which ever you prefer.

Hardly anyone looks me up, it doesn't offend me in the slightest. I just take it as them been busy. Like we all get. Or sometimes they are doing quests that I would perhaps avoid anyways. So many reasons, why worry about it?

When I do go into a team, these are the things I dont say "Are you legit" "Are you a hacker" etc etc... I dont really give a damn... my concern is "ARE YOU A GOOD PERSON" someone enjoyable to hack and slash with, and have some conversations with and so forth.

If you need assistance Skorp, Im usually at Deneb 7-1 Currently I have been trying to hunt for Flowens Frame, hence I made a Hucast Puplenium... if you wish to join me, you may. And if you dont, well you may as well not. What ever decision you make ultimately will be because of what YOU WANT. Perhaps Ill see you, perhaps. But if I dont, I will continue playing till the time that I grow bored of PSO and it does not look like it will happen anytime soon http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maridia
Mar 22, 2005, 12:05 PM
But Skorp, you were supposed to help me hunt for stuff and we were going to level our hus together. D: You can't quit.

opaopajr
Mar 22, 2005, 10:47 PM
even delicious food gets old when you eat it day after day.

you do not know how sad i was the day french fries and chocolate got old to me. i went to eating tofu and steamed vegetables (because i suddenly craved it). guess what, after a good while, i went back to eating french fries and chocolate! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

take a break. it's good for you!

Skorpius
Mar 23, 2005, 03:40 AM
On 2005-03-22 09:05, Maridia wrote:
But Skorp, you were supposed to help me hunt for stuff and we were going to level our hus together. D: You can't quit.

I posted this before I met you.

This topic can be disregarded now. I solved my crisis with sexy HUnewearls and shiney red boxes.