PDA

View Full Version : Glitch?

toly369
Mar 20, 2005, 06:34 PM
I remember in my early days of playing PSO, that when I would use a handgun or mechgun type weapon, sometimes a ray of bullets would fly out of nowhere into something random. My friends would say I'm going crazy, or seeing things, until they actually saw themselves. Game glitch? I guess I could try to snapshot it.

Eihwaz
Mar 20, 2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, it is indeed a glitch. I believe most people have experienced it before.

Elshlog
Mar 20, 2005, 06:42 PM
is your copy of PSO scratched. cause mine is and the Booma's don't make noise when i hit them lol

toly369
Mar 20, 2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah, the copy is pretty scratched, but I think it might've happened b4 the scratching. One more glitch. Go ST!

Skorpius
Mar 20, 2005, 06:54 PM
On 2005-03-20 15:41, Eihwaz wrote:
Yeah, it is indeed a glitch. I believe most people have experienced it before.

Fefnir
Mar 20, 2005, 07:32 PM
It happens to me all the time when I use the quick menu to switch guns in the middle of the battle, and it's a nuisance since there's this huge delay until the bullets actually hit.

glopgog
Mar 20, 2005, 07:48 PM
This happens when you switch to another gun type weapon, and then fire right as you equip it. The bullets come from somewhere on the stage, like the far corner of the map, so it takes a while them to arrive sometimes.

DB
Mar 20, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah. =/ And considering it takes longer sometimes, you get whacked right in the face with a claw. So when you do switch, just take a backstep or two, then turn and fire to avoid that weird glitch/delay issue.

Fefnir
Mar 20, 2005, 08:46 PM
It usually happens when you switch to a gun and immediately attack before the gun can actually appear in your hands. Maybe waiting for that extra second fixes it?

cp99
Mar 21, 2005, 12:05 AM
having a scrached disk will not affect the physics of the game ie bullets flying from an invisible location, just something that has always been in pso since the dc days, but as for the boomas not making sound, that could happen, i had a copy of starwars podracer on the dc that was messed up bad were the soundtrack would skip songs and merge 2 at the same time and all sorts of wierd things with the sound

glopgog
Mar 21, 2005, 01:10 AM
If you wait until the weapon appears on your screen, I believe everything will be normal. I don't really know for sure, since I get it all the time and haven't had any problem with it.