PDA

View Full Version : Wireless network *sigh*

rbf2000
Jul 23, 2002, 07:47 PM
Ok, I have a linksys 4 port/wireless rueter. I have two desktops already hooked up to it and on the internet, but I need to hook up a laptop to it via the wireless feature. Now, the laptop is apperantly connected to the network, because there are those two little computers at the bottom of the screen that says it is. But I can't go on the internet with it, and the two desktops don't have the computers, they are just connected to the rueter.

Anyways, my question is, how do I make this thing work?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 23, 2002, 07:56 PM
First off is the dummy queston: The laptop has a wireless network card in it that is compatable with the router, right? =3

What's the laptop's OS? (I'm guessing you need to set up the connection by using your router's LAN IP as a gateway.)

rbf2000
Jul 23, 2002, 08:01 PM
On 2002-07-23 17:56, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
First off is the dummy queston: The laptop has a wireless network card in it that is compatable with the router, right? =3

What's the laptop's OS? (I'm guessing you need to set up the connection by using your router's LAN IP as a gateway.)

Yes.

All systems are running on XP.

Yea, I figured something needed to be configured, but I don't know what...

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 23, 2002, 08:17 PM
Case closed. Baka windows XP was bridging a dialup connection to the wireless network card =^-^=;;;;
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif nyan