PDA

View Full Version : Quest: Phantasy Star Universe

Zelutos
Mar 27, 2005, 04:01 AM
Okay, so it's been confirmed that PS2, PC and X-Box are all receiving PSU. Well, what about the gamecube? The gamecube was probably their main source income, and most likely always will be. Now, do you think Sonic Team wants to loose a main source of income?

Anyways, here's the question:

Do you think that ST should bring PSU to the Gamecube?

After voting, state why or why not it should be brought to the Gamecube.

Sacred_One
Mar 27, 2005, 04:05 AM
I chose yes because since everyone plays PSO 1,2 & 3 on gamecube, The nintendo fans would be happy if it appears on gamecube. It won't make since to buy another console and waste more money.

Zelutos
Mar 27, 2005, 04:10 AM
One thing they would loose profit on would be if they moved it to the gamecube, and said if you have a PSO Ep 1 & 2 HL, your PSU HL would be free. Oh, and if they made it so people could pay by Debit, then they would have alot more people who arn't quite old enough to have a credit card, but have a debit card with a reliable source of money being put into it. The 8.95 per month is a good price though, not too much so that no one can afford it, and not enough so that ST isn't making a profit.

RicoRoyal
Mar 27, 2005, 04:54 AM
No.

Online gaming via a slowly deteriorating gaming system that takes pride in being different (see ditches any thoughts of online gaming in order to make one throw money out the window for GBA connectivity) is not a good investment. Would the PSU have a fanbase waiting for it? You bet. Hundreds of thousands of oily-faced 12 year olds who can't wait to destroy PSU from the inside-out like they did with PSO.

To make things clear, I wish PSU would be PC-exclusive. No XB, no PS2 and no GC.

PJ
Mar 27, 2005, 09:14 AM
Wait, it was confirmed for XBox too?

Now, I would be much more willing to get that system, but still...

DAMMIT! <_< (Not being fanboyish, but I own neither PS2, XBox, or a good computer >_>)

Corey
Mar 27, 2005, 09:30 AM
No, it has been de-firmed for Xbox.
I think it's confusion of some sort.

Saiffy
Mar 27, 2005, 11:50 AM
On 2005-03-27 01:54, RicoRoyal wrote:
No.

Online gaming via a slowly deteriorating gaming system that takes pride in being different (see ditches any thoughts of online gaming in order to make one throw money out the window for GBA connectivity) is not a good investment. Would the PSU have a fanbase waiting for it? You bet. Hundreds of thousands of oily-faced 12 year olds who can't wait to destroy PSU from the inside-out like they did with PSO.

To make things clear, I wish PSU would be PC-exclusive. No XB, no PS2 and no GC.

Quoted for truth, emphasis and downright ownage http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Besides, ST also has to get approval from Nintendo, so far only 3 games have been approved(Homeland being the third http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif)

Omega_Nova
Mar 27, 2005, 12:10 PM
No, because not enough user base and the broadband modem is rare enough. and 65 player teams doesn't help

Nash
Mar 27, 2005, 01:27 PM
It's a shame for them to abandon the GC, but we all had to do this with the DC before so it's nothing new.

Sadly I think Nintendo's complete lack of support for online games make this inevitable. And PSU being broadband only would mean a lot of existing PSO players on GC wouldn't automatically be able to play it anyway. As for Xbox, well the tiny Japanese userbase ruled that out, and it would have been a gamble for SonicTeam to put it on Xbox2 - that might struggle in Japan like the first.

PS2 and PC was the right choice, especially with the slim PS2's having the network adaptor built in and PSU not needing the HDD like FFXI. With server-side saving a lot of the hacking/cheating should be removed. Also the fact they moved to PS2 meant they had to start again from scratch, meaning we're getting a new engine and a completely new experience. If they hadn't gone to PS2 we might have just got yet another re-use of the old PSO engine, so the move to PS2 could be a blessing in disguise.

PSU should mean a return to the 'golden-age' of PSO, in it's early days on DC, when so much was unknown about the game and cheating didn't exist. I can't wait for that! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-03-27 10:32 ]</font>

Solstis
Mar 27, 2005, 01:36 PM
On 2005-03-27 10:27, Nash wrote:
It's a shame for them to abandon the GC, but we all had to do this with the DC before so it's nothing new.

Sadly I think Nintendo's complete lack of support for online games make this inevitable. And PSU being broadband only would mean a lot of existing PSO players on GC wouldn't automatically be able to play it anyway. As for Xbox, well the tiny Japanese userbase ruled that out, and it would have been a gamble for SonicTeam to put it on Xbox2 - that might struggle in Japan like the first.

PS2 and PC was the right choice, especially with the slim PS2's having the network adaptor built in and PSU not needing the HDD like FFXI. With server-side saving a lot of the hacking/cheating should be removed. Also the fact they moved to PS2 meant they had to start again from scratch, meaning we're getting a new engine and a completely new experience. If they hadn't gone to PS2 we might have just got yet another re-use of the old PSO engine, so the move to PS2 could be a blessing in disguise.

PSU should mean a return to the 'golden-age' of PSO, in it's early days on DC, when so much was unknown about the game and cheating didn't exist. I can't wait for that! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-03-27 10:32 ]</font>

It'll all start again when someone figures out another door trick.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nash
Mar 27, 2005, 04:29 PM
Agreed that nothing is unhackable, but server-side saving leaves it a lot less vulnerable than when everything was on an easily accessible memory card save. Also means they'll be able to patch and update things easier if anyone does find a way in.

BB is also a good trial-run for SonicTeam as well, so I think things look far more hopeful for PSU than previous versions. Hope so anyway.

Sacred_One
Mar 27, 2005, 04:31 PM
I was about to pick no because chances it will be on gamecube is low. Nintendo isn't a big fan of Online games.

FIDELCASTRO
Mar 27, 2005, 05:35 PM
even as a loyal nintendo fan, i have to say no:

Whether anyone wants to acknowledge it or not, there's no hope left with Gamecube. Nintendo had a huge drought of games. Even when trying to come back in with the new Star Fox, Metroid and such, people have already moved on. Like stated, Nintendo needs more online features for it to be interesting. I personally think it'd be sweet to play Tales of Symphonia online. Nintendo is way to conservative to be appealing to PSU.

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 27, 2005, 07:15 PM
It's not going to the Xbox. I have the EGM and it's for PS2 and PC only. I voted no. It's a tradiotional RPG offline and that's best suited for PS2's userbase.

Luis
Mar 27, 2005, 07:18 PM
Yes it should come to the new nintendo, the named revolution

Eanae
Mar 27, 2005, 08:13 PM
It should come to nintendo indeed. I think it's lame releasing it for every consol except gamecube. =

Zelutos
Mar 27, 2005, 10:10 PM
So it's settled, PSU should come to the gamecube....right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rhedshirt
Apr 1, 2005, 04:24 AM
I voted no.
I don't think the Gamecube market, and the majority user base, is right for it.

Nintendo didn't ever really want to support an online market. I'm not saying they are right or wrong on that decision, but it did end up hurting PSO.
The system is usually marketed towards a younger crowd and it's kinda hard for a kid to ask Mom and Dad for their credit card number so they can play an online video game after school. I'm not saying every user is a child or that no child can get their parents credit card number to play the game, but those kinda obstacles (as well as the stupid idea to sell the BBA and the Dial-up modems separately, in very limited quantities, and at basically the same price as Sony's Net Adapter which came out with both connectors in one package..) just ended up hurting the game, in my opinion.
I don't think the Gamecube is a bad system, but I don't think it's the right system for any type of online gaming is all.

Char
Apr 1, 2005, 11:12 PM
Mabye we should figure the ups and downs if it was on gc 1up would be that if it was on gc the people would already have what they need to play. on the downside I heard it will be on a different hunters liscense. Any input from the audience?

Dek
Apr 2, 2005, 12:01 AM
Let me put it like this...

Nintendo = yes
Gamecube = no

I say they should wait for Xbox Next, Playstation 3, and the Revolution to come out first and THEN release it, especially if the systems are going to shown off in a little over a month.

Either way, I'll be getting for PC, which is why I decidecd not to vote...

adamgnome104
Apr 2, 2005, 12:28 AM
It's possible that they will bring it to Gamecube later, like they did with the Xbox PSO.

They did that with a nice few games too, like Mortal Kombat Deception.

Anything is possible. @_@

Char
Apr 2, 2005, 02:53 PM
Hmm im gonna vote no.

Zelutos
Apr 2, 2005, 03:12 PM
Well, just think about it. PS2 has never had PSO before. More than half of their players are more interested in other online games. All their profit came from the GameCube in both Japan and US/Canada. If you read what people have written, X-Box would be a bad choice to put it on since their Japanese ships are dead and not many people over here play it either (this is just from what i've heard). The gamecube servers always have 200-300 people on the japanese servers, and about 100-200 on the U.S. servers. So whether they like it or not, if they decide that it will be only PS2 and PC, they are going to say goodbye to more than half of their customers and alot of money. Good business choice, ST.

EphekZ
Apr 2, 2005, 04:56 PM
On 2005-04-02 12:12, Zelutos wrote:
Well, just think about it. PS2 has never had PSO before. More than half of their players are more interested in other online games. All their profit came from the GameCube in both Japan and US/Canada. If you read what people have written, X-Box would be a bad choice to put it on since their Japanese ships are dead and not many people over here play it either (this is just from what i've heard). The gamecube servers always have 200-300 people on the japanese servers, and about 100-200 on the U.S. servers. So whether they like it or not, if they decide that it will be only PS2 and PC, they are going to say goodbye to more than half of their customers and alot of money. Good business choice, ST.

Mitri3
Apr 2, 2005, 05:22 PM
i don't think that it should be out on the GC because of the mere fact no one except the same people that bought it now are going to buy it. i think that ST did the right thing by not putting it on the Gc. they have a beter chance of making a profit.

if it was my chocie i would wait to put it on the ps2 and the xbox2. it is for certain that the xbox2 will have an alot bigger fan base in japan than the current xbox.

Alielle
Apr 3, 2005, 03:25 AM
No, for the following reasons:

1. Online support for GC sucks.

2. This is my own speculation, but people still playing PSO GC are most likely hardcore fans who may have migrated from the original DC versions. Not necessarily people who picked it up because it was on GC. And unfortunately, this community is only getting smaller. I'm guessing the release of PSOBB in the US will be the final nail in the coffin.

3. The market for serious RPGs and online games belongs to PS2 and PC. Therefore, I think it would have the best user base. (Considering Japan as well, not just the US.)

4. A nice gaming-class PC is a worthwhile investment, and these days it's not too expensive to upgrade. If you've bought your computer within the last few years, it's likely that the only thing you'll need to upgrade is your video card. Hell, I replaced my CPU, RAM, and video card for around $350, and I can run pretty much any new PC game now (such as Doom 3 or HL2, and I can EASILY run PSOBB). If you don't plan on playing any other PS2 games, this is a better option. You'll get nicer graphics, too. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rabid
Apr 3, 2005, 02:16 PM
Semper Fi to PSO 1 and 2, you'll always find me online! (until I get bored http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

As far as PSU goes, it is stupid that it won't come to GC, but Im sure ST figured "Well, since we brought it to XBox and GCN last time, lets give it to XBox and PS2 this time."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rabid on 2005-04-03 12:18 ]</font>

Outrider
Apr 3, 2005, 02:45 PM
On 2005-04-03 12:16, Rabid wrote:
As far as PSU goes, it is stupid that it won't come to GC, but Im sure ST figured "Well, since we brought it to XBox and GCN last time, lets give it to XBox and PS2 this time."

Except, yet again, it's already been pointed out that it's not coming to the X-Box.

Char
Apr 3, 2005, 03:23 PM
Ok so lemme get this straight. From what the facts are and not just what we want... Its coming out for ps2 and pc. And not for xbox or gc.

Now lets say you have a pc and a ps2 will the servers be connected to eachother or not?

MT7218
Apr 3, 2005, 03:45 PM
I voted no because of the simple fact that the PS3, XBox2, and Nintendo Revolution will be coming out soon enough as is. If they wanted the game to last like PSO, they should wait for those three consoles before doing so. Nintendo, please, get your head out of your ass and make the Revolution able to play more online games this time around. Not everyone who plays your games on your systems are young children anymore.

HUcastShinobi
Apr 3, 2005, 04:16 PM
No, I think it should be held back, cause there are the new systems coming, so they need something to really shine off of, but I wish it would be PC/NinRev only so Nintendo finally gets what it needs, a HUGE boost to its popularity, and stop having PSX/PS2/PSP/PS3 "Fanboys" trying to conquer the video gaming world, cause most of them are strongheaded bimbos who refuse to listen to anyone but themselves.

digigram
Apr 4, 2005, 08:53 AM
Seriously, you ever listen to yourself? Why bother even calling anyone else that is into any "other" system that what you think they should be into, a fanboy. How is it that other people can't be into a particular thing or have an interest in something specific but you can? It's getting old.

Maybe I should sit around and complain enough to make myself look like a total and utter hypocrite, maybe then nintendo will listen to me and release metroid and AC and other Nintendo exclusive games on Ps2.

It is for these reasons I saved money, and got all the systems.. It really isn't that much money. Even for teens.

Cruisectrl
Jul 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
posting new post in an old topic is fun

Kamica
Jul 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-07-24 20:20, Cruisectrl wrote:

Honestly

Posting in a old topic is neither fun nor exciting.
All it really does is annoy board users.

Think before you post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-07-24 21:24 ]</font>

mananas
Jul 24, 2006, 10:53 PM
I voted no... more systems means ST's support is more spread out, and bonus content will probably take longer to reach the entire community. For the person that said make it PC only... that's a really bad idea. If PSO or PSU were only PC I would have never even thought about getting it. And do people keep forgetting that ST was developing PSU on only the PS2 to begin with? Why the hell would they ditch it?

Zelutos
Jul 24, 2006, 11:19 PM
Talk about major bump.

Ether
Jul 24, 2006, 11:36 PM

Also against the rules

hypersaxon
Jul 24, 2006, 11:39 PM
In before lock! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zelutos
Jul 24, 2006, 11:43 PM
I'm well past this arguement now. I've got a PS2, so i'm happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna or whichever mod sees this, feel free to lock.

AeraLure
Jul 24, 2006, 11:45 PM
No, because the GC is on the way out. There's no new games in Japan that I am even aware of for it. The GC also has pretty poor online support. I cant even find the BB adaptor. The Revolution should also be out soon enough to warrant PSU for it rather than GC. Nothing against the GC. It was a great console. It just seems pretty easy when looking at it currently why SEGA opted not to support it. Technically PS2 would soon be eclipsed by the PS3, but PSU could just as well be played on the PS3 due to backward compatability. The PS2 also still has a very strong user base.

Oreic
Jul 25, 2006, 12:25 AM
No. Why? because it is a stupid idea the GC would bearly handle (no offense I love my GC). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pepsi.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oreic on 2006-07-24 22:26 ]</font>

zandra117
Jul 25, 2006, 12:30 AM
No, xbox360 Live rules.

Pure-chan
Jul 25, 2006, 01:37 AM
"Do you think that ST should bring PSU to the Gamecube?"

No chance. It would take close to 7 gamecube discs to fit PSU into gc format uncompressed - and still over 4 discs if you really squashed it down. Can you imagine? You'd be able to fit like two bosses (maybe) per disc... yuck.

Let's not forget the stellar support for online play GC, too, with it's two game online library (...three if you count PSO +). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-07-24 23:46 ]</font>

Saner
Jul 25, 2006, 01:56 AM
Gamecube would be pointless. even Capcom was upset with the unsatisfactory sales they made from it.

that's why you'll never see another Resident Evil on Gamecube after 4.

that's why you'll never see Mortal Kombat Armageddon on Gamecube. (and if they do, it won't have online play)

that's why you'll never see another Soul Calibur on Gamecube. (gamecube didn't get SCIII anyways)

etc. etc. etc.

PSO was not born on Gamecube. Gamecube was just it's temporary apartment after Dreamcast fell.

Nintendo was the worst company to do business with because they were not interested in online play in their games.
and PSO was all about online play first and foremost.
the splitscreen offline multiplayer for Ep.1+2 was a generous addition from Sonic Team.

But Sega had to do all the work to push for a modem and get the meager few Gamecubers who would bother going online. yet they still couldn't cash in on a unsatisfactory online community like Gamecube's consumers.

Sega is not betraying the Gamecube. it's just the fact that Gamecube is not a smart option when they could be making MUCH more money on PS2, and even Xbox.
but of course they chose Xbox360 over Xbox because it's already planted its roots for a solid amount of time to strengthen its supplies, market and sales for the future the normal Xbox will not reach.

I've noticed some Gamecube owners act like any franchise that moves to a Nintendo system, is obligated to stay with Nintendo.

But why would a company, having lost the system wars, remain with a console that barely gave them average profits in return? Companies need big money to survive. and Nintendo's Gamecube is a lost cause.

DraginHikari
Jul 25, 2006, 05:16 AM
Where exactly do you get the idea that the GCN verison of PSO was a total flop? There are still playing it and the JP GCN server still manages pretty well as far as players. Did you forget that the GCN had a expansion slot in the system itself FOR an boardband/dial-up adapter.

The only reason it got discontinued so quickly was due to the fact that at the time of GCN release, online play was not a major concept nor was something that was highly desired at the time. There was little reason for alot of companies to even consider that feature important. And boardband hadn't become a major, well-used form of internet which made gameplay easier. Even the PS2 mind you wasn't originally intended for major online play though slightly more then GCN not enough to make it a better setup. When the x-box came only then was online console gaming becoming something in the market.

A temporary aparment? PSO managed a good life of GCN more successful then the later ports would prove to be, PSO-X and BB population wise didn't compare to PSO-GCN even in there hotter days.

As mentioned above, alot of things related to PSU not being possible on GCN has alot to do with the disk space itself, the mini-disks used by GCN just don't compare to the DVD types used by PCs and PS2s. As well as GCN lack of current online support due to limited units around.

There was nothing really wrong with the GCN in my opinion considering some of my favorite games on it. The Gamecube design is just slightly outdated is all with the media used. I'm not saying if it was different that they'd port it to gcn. But to simplely say that the gcn was simplely a waste of time is rather blunt.

Edit: Wow my 100th post here was a long one how odd of me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-07-25 03:25 ]</font>

tank1
Jul 25, 2006, 05:29 AM
No simply because the way the GC is doing in EU or the UK atleast it looks like it only has a year left in it at best.

Shivore
Jul 25, 2006, 06:45 AM
"No chance. It would take close to 7 gamecube discs to fit PSU into gc format uncompressed - and still over 4 discs if you really squashed it down. Can you imagine? You'd be able to fit like two bosses (maybe) per disc... yuck."

Where do you get that? First of all, releasing a game uncompressed is unheard of, it isn't done, because it's just stupid. Compressed would make the game take up probably less than half the original space, so even if it was 7 discs uncompressed, it would be more like 3 compressed. On top of all that, considering the typical size of MMORPGs, it would probably fit on one disc, thanks to instanced dungeons and few free-roaming areas. However, because it includes a singleplayer story, they might have to split it into two discs, one for single-player, and one for online. Still no big deal.

That said, it would be stupid to release it for GC. Release it for the Wii, it already has internet support confirmed to be built in, and it can use the GC's controller, so you don't have to worry about compatibility with the Wii remote.

Pure-chan
Jul 25, 2006, 11:01 AM
On 2006-07-25 04:45, Shivore wrote:
"No chance. It would take close to 7 gamecube discs to fit PSU into gc format uncompressed - and still over 4 discs if you really squashed it down. Can you imagine? You'd be able to fit like two bosses (maybe) per disc... yuck."

Where do you get that? First of all, releasing a game uncompressed is unheard of, it isn't done, because it's just stupid. Compressed would make the game take up probably less than half the original space, so even if it was 7 discs uncompressed, it would be more like 3 compressed. On top of all that, considering the typical size of MMORPGs, it would probably fit on one disc, thanks to instanced dungeons and few free-roaming areas. However, because it includes a singleplayer story, they might have to split it into two discs, one for single-player, and one for online. Still no big deal.

That said, it would be stupid to release it for GC. Release it for the Wii, it already has internet support confirmed to be built in, and it can use the GC's controller, so you don't have to worry about compatibility with the Wii remote.

Sorry, I just looked that over and I should have been more specific. The average gc disc holds approx. 1.5 gb info. By comparison, they fit 2.2 gb onto the PSO ep 1 and 2 gamedisc for gc, so that's what I mean when I'm talking about compression. At 1.5 gb the game would be physically massive (on scale with shenmue), taking up like 4 game boxes... Even at 2.2 gb, the game would still be a 2 box - 4 disc set. With the added packaging, pressing and non-standard game cases to hold multiple discs, I would be pretty surprised to see PSU on gc for $59.95... more like $79.95. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Besides, who would want to swap discs that often? I'd rather have it on PC and plug a GC adapter in, but that's me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-07-25 10:36 ]</font>

Cruisectrl
Jul 25, 2006, 01:37 PM
why hasnt this post been deleted yet?

Pure-chan
Jul 25, 2006, 02:07 PM

On 2006-07-25 11:37, Cruisectrl wrote:
why hasnt this post been deleted yet?

Wha?

The-King
Jul 25, 2006, 02:14 PM
This should have been locked last night.. HEY MODS LOCK THIS ITS OVER A YEAR OLD

DraginHikari
Jul 25, 2006, 03:27 PM
It is rather odd isn't it?

Zelutos
Jul 25, 2006, 05:09 PM
Lock this. Locke. Uh..Close...Shut down? Go bye-bye? Boom?

I suppose maybe they want to keep the conversation going?

Keyeszx
Jul 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
i realy dont care but they should put it one the wii i mean it doesnt just have the wiimote type controller its got one that is like the gamecube i mean they could make it better on the wii i would llike to see it on at least some form on a nintendo system

Cruisectrl
Jul 25, 2006, 06:27 PM
then they may as well put it on the game cube

Saner
Jul 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
it isn't going to happen.

a discussion about a Gamecube version is as pointless as expecting an Xbox (first system) version.

They already announced the systems this game is for. the sequel after this is more than likely be for next generation systems only, which further proves Gamecube is not getting PSU.

Wii might. but never Gamecube.

if you don't believe Gamecube will not get PSU, remain silent until the 'time' they do announce this game for Gamecube, then you can discuss the gamecube version as much as you like. (lol, people waiting for that announcement will be waiting forever)

as it stands, Gamecube doesn't not exist in PSU's universe.

And I'm happy that Sega is smart enough to know that Gamecube would be a pointless and waste of money to release PSU for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-25 17:16 ]</font>

Ether
Jul 25, 2006, 07:21 PM
TOPIC IS FROM MARCH 2005, GAMECUBE WASN'T DEAD BACK THEN

On 2006-07-25 15:09, Zelutos wrote:
I suppose maybe they want to keep the conversation going?

Maybe the PSU forum needs more than one moderator

The-King
Jul 25, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-07-25 17:15, Saner wrote:

a discussion about a Gamecube version is as pointless as expecting an Xbox (first system) version.

They already announced the systems this game is for. the sequel after this is more than likely be for next generation systems only, which further proves Gamecube is not getting PSU.

if you don't believe Gamecube will not get PSU, remain silent until the 'time' they do announce this game for Gamecube, then you can discuss the gamecube version as much as you like. (lol, people waiting for that announcement will be waiting forever)

And I'm happy that Sega is smart enough to know that Gamecube would be a pointless and waste of money to release PSU for.

If the sequels come out for next gen. that'll really suck for the people who can't afford a piece of the PS3. Damn sony bastards

Zelutos
Jul 25, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-07-25 17:38, The-King wrote:

On 2006-07-25 17:15, Saner wrote:

If the sequels come out for next gen. that'll really suck for the people who can't afford a piece of the PS3. Damn sony bastards

I believe that the Wii was meant, not PS3, seeing as it's backwards compatible.

Saner
Jul 25, 2006, 10:32 PM
you dont need to get a PS3. X360 and possibly Wii would be good options.

besides even when the sequel comes out, the PS2 version will still be lively as well as the PC version.

yes its pointless paying so much for a PS3. so don't consider that system as your only option if PSU's sequel goes to next-gen only.

I have PS2 and Xbox360 and Im getting it for PS2 because PS2 is not isolated and voice-chat based. but if I didn't have a Xbox360, and if they didn't make it for PS2,
I would get the Wii version if there will be one.

then again Xbox360 will be released MUCH sooner than a Wii version, so I would get that and stick with keyboard, even if those headset fanatics rather voice chat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAR
Jul 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
LOL, I voted yes. Not because I actually ever believed that it would come to GC but because graphics wise PSU would have looked much better on there than on the PS2. Also the fact that my GC has not seen any real action since RE4 makes me sad; and I feel icky playing my GF's PS2 since it has been tainted with KH2, a game I hate very very much.

Cruisectrl
Jul 27, 2006, 10:43 AM
in that guy's interview he laughed at the idea of the wii.

CherryLunar
Jul 27, 2006, 12:09 PM
Woah... Who bumped this one?

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 12:25 PM
Definitely not. Gamecube never got the online support from Nintendo that it needed. PS2 at least has some semblance of an online system in place.

Having the game on PS2 allows more players to get involved this time around and that is a damn good thing.

GreyWolf360
Jul 27, 2006, 03:20 PM
On 2006-07-25 20:32, Saner wrote:

then again Xbox360 will be released MUCH sooner than a Wii version, so I would get that and stick with keyboard, even if those headset fanatics rather voice chat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lol yea, i really was gonna call u crazy too..

but im stickin with the 360 this time around...typin and gamin doesnt suit me...not to mention the new sonic isnt scheduled to hit wii as of yet...