PDA

View Full Version : Short people.

Nai_Calus
Mar 28, 2005, 01:54 AM
Ok. You. Yeah. You. Shorty. Anyone more than about three inches shorter than me, really(I'm about 6'2-6'3). Move your fucking ass.

Walk faster. I don't care how short your goddamned legs are, MOVE them. I don't give a shit how tired you are. SNAILS are outrunning you. Do you not notice the knot of fucking people forming behind you because you're moving so bloody slow?

Seriously. Get the hell out of my way if it's not possible for you shrimps to move any quicker. And for the love of all that's holy, stop fucking congregating in huge groups and talking in the middle of where people are trying to walk! I cannot phase through you, fly over you, burrow under you, and it's not always possible to merely go around you. No, I can't teleport past you. If I could do that, I would have far better destinations to go to than places where I run into retards like you.

You are, of course, exempt if you are elderly, handicapped, a little person, etc.

Being 4'11 is not an excuse. Being 5'9 sure as hell isn't. Goddamn it people, MOVE! Stop dawdling so goddamned much, what, are you rubbernecking the accident that only exists in your mind?

Arrrrggggggghhhhh. Seriously, though. My legs are longer than the average person's. I take longer strides. Even if I'm actually walking slower than you I'll probably pass you. I fucking resent when you walk so slow I have to actually alter the way I walk so I don't fucking step on you.

So please. Short people. Walk faster. Or at least get the fuck out of my way.

And yes, if you ask me nicely, I will indeed move my head out of the way if you're unlucky enough to be behind me at the movies. Yeah, I'll get that thing on the top shelf for you. Just stop walking so fucking slow. Please. It's painful and makes me want to break you in half.

Eihwaz
Mar 28, 2005, 02:14 AM
Agreed. I loathe it when people get in front of me and walk slowly. Especially when I'm running a bit late to class. It's just rude. If you see someone with longer legs than you behind you, move so they can get in front of you. >_>;

>_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-03-27 23:17 ]</font>

navci
Mar 28, 2005, 02:20 AM
>.>
So people can't walk faster cuz they have shorter legs is at fault here?
It is not like I am TRYING to walk slow. It really isn't MY FAULT that my legs are short. Just move around people if you have to. Somethings can't be helped.

Now stop staring at the top of my head. BITCH.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 02:25 AM
Everyone walks slow now. You get 5 minutes in between classes, and you're tardy cause "it's too far" If I walk at a determined pace, I can get where you have to go, and go back within the same time.

It's cause of fat people. If you watch Supersize Me, some have no problems with their legs but sit on an old person scooter cause they can't handle walking.

You probably don't know about this unless you live in America. Stupid American fatties.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 02:42 AM
On 2005-03-27 23:20, navinator wrote:
>.>
So people can't walk faster cuz they have shorter legs is at fault here?
It is not like I am TRYING to walk slow. It really isn't MY FAULT that my legs are short. Just move around people if you have to. Somethings can't be helped.

Now stop staring at the top of my head. BITCH.

Agreed.

I walk pretty damn fast for being 5'7 or so, but someone around 6 feet could easily match me without trying.

Have some pity. :/

Nai_Calus
Mar 28, 2005, 04:31 AM
I don't mean short people who actually make an effort to walk. I mean the ones who sit there walking slowly. Very slowly. With their short little legs barely moving. Argh.

And I can't always go around. That's when I get annoyed. Usually I don't even see you people as I go past. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AYY-BEE-CEE
Mar 28, 2005, 04:43 AM
I'm probably a "short walker" at times, although when I am in a bit of a rush I do notice and get frustrated at people trotting along and getting in the way. They should keep a lane free for fast people. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 28, 2005, 06:02 AM
Hehe. *Raises hand for the 6' or less club*

5'6" barely and I am probably the craziest looking person in a public place that is usually crowded, due to me being the only one moving with a purpose.

Shopping malls are most likely the place to see myself running laps around weekend shoppers and mall rats/teenie boppers.

I was in LA the day after Thanksgiving. The mall I had the unlucky pleasure of going to was packed. Day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day around, no?

I was pulling a Barry Sanders to try to get from one place to another. I had a short window of time to get what I had to do done. I'm moving at lightspeed to freaking grab a map, find a restroom(which compounded the speed of my travel), then finally go the places I needed to to buy the junk I bought.

Everyone there was a sheep. Flocking in groups. Sticking together like blobs of disposable income. I was a man on a mission trying to get a flurry done in a hurry.

I also hate the people who not only block one side of a small pathway, but both damn sides. I eventually have to slow down to not run people over and they don't even realize they're impeding my path.
Escalators? No way. If there's stairs I'm going to run up them, Rocky Balboa style.

The worst is people who don't make any effort to avoid a shoulder charge whilst walking straight toward you. If I have to damn near jump out of the way next time, I'd rather bump them for not paying attention and expecting it to happen. They sure as hell won't say "excuse me" either, they leave that to me after I get out of their way. Jerks.

Being short, I have to move faster than someone taller/with longer legs, just to keep up or out of their way. :/

Kizaragu
Mar 28, 2005, 06:26 AM
It's not nesscarilly just short people who walk slow. I've had people taller than me (it is possible, despite being 6'5!) slow me down amidst my lanky strides.

Although I disagree about you targetting shorter people for walking slow, I agree with everything else you said.
Worst case scenario is when two people are having a good natter walking a snails pace and you're behind them clearly trying to make your way around them but with no luck. I've always wandered what their reaction would be if I just let out an almighty mother of all scream. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deathscythealpha
Mar 28, 2005, 06:31 AM
Aw, just after I got used to my short height problem I get knocked down again. *sniffle* Im going to go eat a tub of ice cream http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Im actually like some sort of ferret when in a crowd of people, my short height lets me nip in and around people to get through quickly, and I will have no ado with standing about and taking time to get places. Its great when in a club, no getting clogged up at the bars or short corridors.

PJ
Mar 28, 2005, 09:11 AM
XD Ian, your rant made me laugh.

Despite the fact that I fit both in the short people category, and that I walk slow.

I try to keep up >_>

EDIT:

On 2005-03-28 03:26, Kizaragu wrote:
(it is possible, despite being 6'5!)

Awesome, exactly one foot taller http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

*adds to Favourite Topics*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-28 06:44 ]</font>

Logical2u
Mar 28, 2005, 09:23 AM
At last! Another tall fast walking person who hates slow people...

It's not the short people walk slow, its that some short people use shortness as an excuse for walking slow. While it is not limited to short people, they have the BEST excuse.

*is 6. 2*

Scrub
Mar 28, 2005, 09:38 AM
>=(

Three
Mar 28, 2005, 10:48 AM
I am very short and very slow.

So.. don't get behind me.

navci
Mar 28, 2005, 10:55 AM
On 2005-03-28 03:26, Kizaragu wrote:
It's not nesscarilly just short people who walk slow. I've had people taller than me (it is possible, despite being 6'5!) slow me down amidst my lanky strides.

You are 6'5?
What a freak! XD

Agreeing with everyone here. It isn't about the height, it is about their willingness to move. I, being the shortest (prolly) of everyone who replied here, can tell you how annoying it is when people like your size is walking and is barely moving. At least you can pressure the little people to run if you have to. I can't even make these big people to notice I am trying to get somewhere here.

Outrider
Mar 28, 2005, 12:26 PM
On 2005-03-28 07:55, navinator wrote:
At least you can pressure the little people to run if you have to. I can't even make these big people to notice I am trying to get somewhere here.

Oh, you don't know the half of it. It's pretty sweet. You can just barrel through groups of people and they have no choice but to dive for cover.

I'm six feet, which isn't that tall, but there were plenty of people shorter than me when I was in high school, and man oh man, did I ever make my own pace in those hallways regardless of who was in the way.

To be fair, I probably just liked the power trip.

Dhylec
Mar 28, 2005, 01:21 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif hm.. short & slow is bad? then tall & slow good or also bad?
you are wording it in the wrong way dood..

hey ian, if ya wanna see speedy shorties, come to my town - they fly at rush hours.. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-03-28 10:23 ]</font>

Cynric
Mar 28, 2005, 02:06 PM
I'm about 6'1" and I move at a decent clip. So you'll have to excuse me, Jolly Green Giant, If my loping strides don't carry me to South America in a few hours. My normal sized legs can only carry down the street at a reasonable pace, but I'll try to stay out of your way next time you decide to jump to the moon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-03-28 11:07 ]</font>

Calx
Mar 28, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hahaha, thank you, Ian. This type of thing has bothered me forever, and it seems like, if anything, people are walking slower and slower and with less and less purpose.

Evil_Althena8
Mar 28, 2005, 02:29 PM
I'm 5'9" and I move at a normal rate...i think. I take long strides because I have pretty long legs for my height.

BOC
Mar 28, 2005, 02:39 PM
I'm 6ft on the button, and my legs are average length, but i am the fucking strider!! no-one i know can out-walk me!!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif Size has nothing to do with it. I have 4 friends, all much taller than me but the slowest walkers ive ever met.

Its about your determination get from place to place on time! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif small peoples size can work to their advantage! My smallest friend, she is about the only person who doesn't complain about the pace i set when we're walking, she can weave in and out of a crowd majestically!

Me, i simply bellow "EXCUSE ME" and barrel on through a crowd, usually leaving people going 'uh! how rude' in my wake. I'm quite a patient laid back dude, but not when im walking! lots of people have road rage, i have footpath rage!

I say screw em! They dilly-dally along, standing four in a row taking up the entire path, when i have places to be!

the worst thing is assholes who stop RIGHT in the middle of a bottleneck and start chatting!

GAH!!!! if your gonna bloody talk, go stand in a wider part of the foot-path off the side, not somewhere you can fucking annoy everyones head!!

PEACE!!!

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 02:54 PM
When driving, my friend and i saw a midgit(sorry, a shorter person) on a motorbike..and he wanted to run him over...Sorry, that was off topic.

But i don't like being stuck walking behind ANYONE who decides to walk slowly, or to just stop and talk with their friends in the middle of the hallway at school...and i mean the middle. They will huddle around doorways or just stand right there in the middle of the hallway. Oh..right...walking slow...yeah...those people bug me...i wanna push em over.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Mar 28, 2005, 03:18 PM
But it's fun to step on shorties.

Seriously I have a problem with that, I'm 6,4 and I move faster than normal when walking. I walk about 2-3x faster than people my height so I'm usually dodging around short people and tall people alike as I travel. It's just awful when they begin to form a congregation wall and you want to just trample them to dust.

BOC
Mar 28, 2005, 03:30 PM
On 2005-03-28 11:54, Zelutos wrote:
When driving, my friend and i saw a midgit(sorry, a shorter person) on a motorbike..and he wanted to run him over...Sorry, that was off topic.

when im driving, i have been known to roll down the window and scream obsentities at cyclists for going at a snails pace and driving side by side on narrow roads. Their usually quite tall. and quite unhappy.

PEACE!!!

Daikarin
Mar 28, 2005, 03:48 PM
If you're so freakingly in a rush and are so goddamn tall, jump over them. They're not gonna look back to see who's walking faster than they are, everytime someone in a rush comes over.

Ness
Mar 28, 2005, 05:52 PM
What annoys me is where people move at aobut 1mph in the halls and they stand right next to each other in a horizontal line, making it impossible to go around them.

Saiffy
Mar 28, 2005, 05:55 PM
On 2005-03-28 14:52, Ness wrote:
What annoys me is where people move at aobut 1mph in the halls and they stand right next to each other in a horizontal line, making it impossible to go around them.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Yep that is the one thing I hate, or people who stand in the middle of the hall and bitch when people rub against them.

navci
Mar 28, 2005, 10:40 PM
On 2005-03-28 09:26, Outrider wrote:
To be fair, I probably just liked the power trip.

After reading this thread, I declare you tallies bunch of jerks. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif(((

*holds up sign: short people have rights too!*

Dhylec
Mar 28, 2005, 10:53 PM
navinator wrote:
After reading this thread, I declare you tallies bunch of jerks. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif(((

*holds up sign: short people have rights too!*

hm.. navi is standing alone.. =(
lemme get ya some support..
/print some more signs

Scrub
Mar 28, 2005, 11:00 PM
On 2005-03-28 19:53, Dhylec wrote:
hm.. navi is standing alone.. =(

You just cant see the rest of us over these tall guys. =(

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 29, 2005, 03:22 AM
On 2005-03-28 14:55, Saiffwin wrote:

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Yep that is the one thing I hate, or people who stand in the middle of the hall and bitch when people rub against them.

Its not just inbetween classes. I consider High School/Middle School itself a variable.

Try running your Phys Ed. weekly mile run while the unfit teens clog the track/field like the lazy kids they are. Why do I have to avoid you kids walking the mile only to never finish?!

A 7 minute mile tops is nothing to brag about when I could easily have shaved off precious seconds from trying to avoid a traffic jam of kids chatting away while they walk around the track and avoid "getting their phys ed clothes dirty."

But all this was in the past. I don't have to worry about people blocking my path in mile runs anymore. I can safely walk miles in peace(for the most part) at my leisure. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Evil_Althena8
Mar 30, 2005, 07:23 PM

I know what you mean. When I was in school, kids would just BLOCK the hallways standing still, gossiping...and these were big hallways. SO fucking annoying. And then there's the people who walk super slow down stairways and then the bell rings...grr