PDA

View Full Version : Waste of a Saturday

Rabid
Apr 1, 2005, 05:30 PM
Ok, for those of you who don't know:
I am a Band Geek.

I play the Clarinet and Tenor Saxophone, Ive been playing Clarinet since 5th and Tenor Sax. since 7th grade. That makes a total 5 years in Music (5th - 9th grade). Ive had alot of fun with it, playing in my schools Jazz Band, being lead Tenor Sax, going to festivals, the works.

Well Im not looking forward to tomorrow....I have to go to a Band Festival at Central Washington University, which is a 2 hour drive away from me. So lets begin my rant.

I have to wake up at 5:30 am (on a Saturday) and be to my school at 6:30. I have to spend my whole day at this festival playing pieces Im not very happy with. The festival starts at 9 am and goes to 5 pm. We do get to perform and that will be fun...but a waste of a Saturday....Come on! I could put up with it, but Im just not looking forward to waking up at 5:30......Megeeeagfeagrhrhsfnbreakhgeiamcooleghekj hgaejejkhnjeahneakankhjean grrrr.......

PJ
Apr 1, 2005, 05:52 PM
Know what you mean.

Well, technically I don't, but my friends who took Stage Band do.

For the next couple of weeks, they have to be at school for rehearsels for the big show of the year (Wexford is a performing school, and we have a show at almsot the end of the year) during the weekends, both Saturday and Sunday.

Of course, I'm in the normal band course (Only during first semester, while Stage band is only in second), so they want me in Stage Band.

For Grade 11, I signed up for both normal band and stage band. So soon I'll know how you feel. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

BOC
Apr 1, 2005, 06:13 PM
On 2005-04-01 14:30, Rabid wrote:
I have to wake up at 5:30 am (on a Saturday) and be to my school at 6:30. I have to spend my whole day at this festival playing pieces Im not very happy with. The festival starts at 9 am and goes to 5 pm. We do get to perform and that will be fun...but a waste of a Saturday....Come on! I could put up with it, but Im just not looking forward to waking up at 5:30......Megeeeagfeagrhrhsfnbreakhgeiamcooleghekj hgaejejkhnjeahneakankhjean grrrr.......

5.30am? ouch! but, as The optimist will always say, look on the brightside: your getting up that early to do something that you actually enjoy doing! Fair enough you may not be happy about a few of the pieces your playing, but im sure you'll still have a blast.

last time i had to get up at 5.30 was in january when i had to go into uni early and for an exam at 9.15, and in a sick twist of fate the trains weren't running that day so i had to leave super early, drive down the icy roads a good 45miles (in gridlock traffic once i hit the city, which was worse because of an accident and the horried weather), on the only day so far this year its snowed. still managed to get the in time - then having to sit down to a 3hour test on the joys of marketing management.

So think about that tomorrow when ur crawling outa your pit, and smile.

Cause it could be worse:

You could be doing that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Have a good time at the fest. Play your heart out!

PEACE!!!