PDA

View Full Version : Cookies > Donuts

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 2, 2005, 06:11 AM
"Am I right, or am I right, or am I right?"

Even if I'm wrong, you can't lose with cookies or donuts. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hrith
Apr 2, 2005, 06:20 AM
http://keffypoo.free.fr/donutterra200.png

d00d, CURRY donut > all !!

Dominitrus
Apr 2, 2005, 06:23 AM
On 2005-04-02 03:20, Kef wrote:

Now dont be gross, were talking about food, not some non-edible character.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 2, 2005, 06:27 AM
Eww. A PSO pic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Just kidding.
Well I've had curry, I've had donuts, those two shouldn't go together, ever. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've seen better (J) player names. So there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Apr 2, 2005, 07:00 AM
Donut and I aren't Japanese >_>

hucasts_rock
Apr 2, 2005, 09:24 AM
On 2005-04-02 03:20, Kef wrote:

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

PhotonDrop
Apr 2, 2005, 10:36 AM
9 more levels for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

PJ
Apr 2, 2005, 11:01 AM
On 2005-04-02 07:36, PhotonDrop wrote:
9 more levels for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

47 Levels for me!

hucasts_rock
Apr 2, 2005, 12:48 PM
20 for me! Although World of Warcraft is consuming me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Hrith
Apr 2, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-04-02 09:48, hucasts_rock wrote:
20 for me! Although World of Warcraft is consuming me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Traitor http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Blitzkommando
Apr 2, 2005, 10:45 PM
Ahaha, yes, Curry-donut rules. Especially his fartastic ways of perversion. Oh, and for the generic term, it is doughnuts.

Skorpius
Apr 2, 2005, 11:03 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Donut

Either, or.

Blitzkommando
Apr 2, 2005, 11:26 PM
Dictionary.com sucks. Try a real published dictionary, such as, www.m-w.com. Donut is a derived form of the word doughnut, but is namely due to a brand name, "Dunkin' Donuts". The proper spelling however, according to accredited English experts, is doughnut. Think of the word 'donut' as similar to the word 'band-aid', as in, both are commonly used but are formally brand names (not formerly, as both brands still exist).

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 01:07 AM
On 2005-04-02 20:26, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Dictionary.com sucks. Try a real published dictionary, such as, www.m-w.com. Donut is a derived form of the word doughnut, but is namely due to a brand name, "Dunkin' Donuts". The proper spelling however, according to accredited English experts, is doughnut. Think of the word 'donut' as similar to the word 'band-aid', as in, both are commonly used but are formally brand names (not formerly, as both brands still exist).

Main Entry: do·nut
Pronunciation: 'dO-(")n&t
variant of DOUGHNUT

It's still in there, meaning it's acceptable.
Just where do you think new words and terms come from anyways...?

Sef
Apr 3, 2005, 01:43 AM
On 2005-04-02 03:23, Dominitrus wrote:
Now dont be gross, were talking about food, not some non-edible character.

Oh he's edible.

Just ask Kef.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 3, 2005, 04:33 AM
On 2005-04-02 04:00, Kef wrote:
Donut and I aren't Japanese >_>

I know you aren't, but then why show...
Nevermind.
Nobody here thinks like me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blitzkommando
Apr 3, 2005, 12:44 PM
On 2005-04-02 22:07, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2005-04-02 20:26, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Main Entry: do?nut
Pronunciation: 'dO-(")n&t
variant of DOUGHNUT

It's still in there, meaning it's acceptable.
Just where do you think new words and terms come from anyways...?

Variant, meaning, derived from. Alternate spelling would mean they would be synonimous, however, variant means it is a derived term. And as can be clearly seen from your post you missed my point. Donut is a brand name. Doughnut is not. Ever wonder why it is Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and not Donuts? It is simple, they would get an infringement suit from Dunkin' Donuts. Please, if you wish to make a point, make it valid.

Hrith
Apr 3, 2005, 04:01 PM
lolz

But languages are living things, they evolve. New words appear, old ones disappear, and most of the time due to the habits of the masses.

I've studied linguistics long enough -_- it's amazing how languages can evolve, and how surprising the origins of those evolutions are most of the time. Especially in English since it's such an old language.

Or sometimes, just the meaning of a word.
If times does not make a word appear or disappear, it will alter its original meaning, or sometimes its spelling!
This is still the case nowadays, or English would be a dead language.

You can't really say what the "true", "perfect" meaning/spelling of a word is for a living language. You only can for languages such as Latin or Hebrew, etc.

I say "pwn" and "n00b" will be common words used in everyday's speech, and the correct spelling for those words will be "liek" and "hax" in 50 years http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-04-03 14:03 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 04:06 PM
Kef got to it first.
Damn him.

Blitzkommando
Apr 3, 2005, 09:23 PM
If that is the case then the spelling of 'krispy' and 'kreme' would be correct as well. There are rules with all languages, and English has enough rules for a dozen languages, simply because it is derived from so many. Yes, languages change, however, that is not my point at all. "Donut" as I said before, is a brand name, not proper spelling. Doughnut is the generic term for the pastery. It is akin to Kleenex and tissues. Kleenex is a brand name, but is commonly used in place of facial tissue. Does that make it the correct spelling? No, not at all. For if that were the case Puffs would make another possible spelling of the word. And really, what English are you speaking of? There are many different English languages. As a matter of legal standpoint, English is not to be used in the entire state of Illinois, as the state language is not English, but American. As for myself, I argue for American-English, not Queen's English, Canadian English, Australian English or any other. American English has its own dialects and rules separate from other English languages. I treat American-English as a separate language, similar to Castillian and Latin-American Spanish. While both are Spanish, they are both distinctly separate languages and vernaculars. Such as the case, according to the premier source of American-English, The Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 'donut' is a derived form of the word doughnut. As such it is not a proper spelling though it is easily recognized and understood. I have been studying linguistics myself and am greatly considering going into a path of linguistics. For me, there is a difference between a brand name and a proper spelling of a word. If you wish to argue that point I am sure I would be able to contact a true linguist whom I am sure would be more than happy enough to explain the difference between a brand name and a word which the brand name is derived from.

Scrub
Apr 3, 2005, 09:32 PM
On 2005-04-03 19:23, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
If that is the case then the spelling of 'krispy' and 'kreme' would be correct as well. There are rules with all languages, and English has enough rules for a dozen languages, simply because it is derived from so many. Yes, languages change, however, that is not my point at all. "Donut" as I said before, is a brand name, not proper spelling. Doughnut is the generic term for the pastery. It is akin to Kleenex and tissues. Kleenex is a brand name, but is commonly used in place of facial tissue. Does that make it the correct spelling? No, not at all. For if that were the case Puffs would make another possible spelling of the word. And really, what English are you speaking of? There are many different English languages. As a matter of legal standpoint, English is not to be used in the entire state of Illinois, as the state language is not English, but American. As for myself, I argue for American-English, not Queen's English, Canadian English, Australian English or any other. American English has its own dialects and rules separate from other English languages. I treat American-English as a separate language, similar to Castillian and Latin-American Spanish. While both are Spanish, they are both distinctly separate languages and vernaculars. Such as the case, according to the premier source of American-English, The Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 'donut' is a derived form of the word doughnut. As such it is not a proper spelling though it is easily recognized and understood. I have been studying linguistics myself and am greatly considering going into a path of linguistics. For me, there is a difference between a brand name and a proper spelling of a word. If you wish to argue that point I am sure I would be able to contact a true linguist whom I am sure would be more than happy enough to explain the difference between a brand name and a word which the brand name is derived from.

No fucking way in hell I'm reading all that.

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 09:43 PM
Given the site you gave, put in krispy, put in kreme, and put in kleenex.

The point is, languages branch and evolve, and while some may not see "doughnut" changing to "donut" as an evolution, that's just how it works.

Why is "favorite" acceptable if it's supposedly derived from "favourite"? Color from colour, armor from armour?

There isn't any fast and quick rule for whether a term is acceptable. I'm sure there's a collection of individuals who decide this sort of thing, although alternative spellings and terms are more likely to become acceptable the more popular they are, whether it be from brand name, shortened terms, or combined words. I'm sure "snowman" wasn't an "acceptable" term to begin with either, but in the language, it now is. Comparing someone spelling "donut" to someone spelling "krispy" doesn't work given the language right NOW. Sure they're in the same class, and maybe you'll even see krispy or kreme become acceptable. Hell, even "yo" is accepted.

If you look up "kat", it says nothing about being an alternative of cat, even though that's been used earlier and more often in names and advertising than "donut". Instead it comes up with "variant of KHAT". Does this mean that if I'm referring to khat and I spell it as "kat", that I'm wrong? Check quik, xtreme, and kool.

Either way, American-English is rather fucked up to begin with, with no set rules for what is indeed acceptable. Trying to argue what is "proper" is for the most part a lost cause. Yeah it comes from different languages, but that's why something like donut can become acceptable. The fact that it came from a brand name is nothing special. Get used to it.

Blitzkommando
Apr 3, 2005, 10:09 PM
On 2005-04-03 19:43, Mixfortune wrote:

The point is, languages branch and evolve, and while some may not see "doughnut" changing to "donut" as an evolution, that's just how it works.

Why is "favorite" acceptable if it's supposedly derived from "favourite"? Color from colour, armor from armour?

There isn't any fast and quick rule for whether a term is acceptable. I'm sure there's a collection of individuals who decide this sort of thing, although alternative spellings and terms are more likely to become acceptable the more popular they are, whether it be from brand name, shortened terms, or combined words. I'm sure "snowman" wasn't an "acceptable" term to begin with either, but in the language, it now is. Comparing someone spelling "donut" to someone spelling "krispy" doesn't work given the language right NOW. Sure they're in the same class, and maybe you'll even see krispy or kreme become acceptable. Hell, even "yo" is accepted.

If you look up "kat", it says nothing about being an alternative of cat, even though that's been used earlier and more often in names and advertising than "donut". Instead it comes up with "variant of KHAT". Does this mean that if I'm referring to khat and I spell it as "kat", that I'm wrong? Check quik, xtreme, and kool.

Either way, American-English is rather fucked up to begin with, with no set rules for what is indeed acceptable. Trying to argue what is "proper" is for the most part a lost cause. Yeah it comes from different languages, but that's why something like donut can become acceptable. The fact that it came from a brand name is nothing special. Get used to it.

Did you even look at what kat is a variant of? Yes it is a variant of Khat, but khat itself is an loan word from another language. That point is invalid.

Kool, Quik, and Xtreme come up with possible choices. It reads them as misspelled. Again, your 'point' is invalid.

Spellings with 'ou' 'oe' 'ae' have been changed in American-English from that of others. Those are Latin-based vowel combinations. Hence, 'Oesophagus', 'colour', and 'paedophile', are all British spellings. I could care less how British spellings are since it is an entirely different language. Again, your point is completely unfounded and invalid.

Again, you have brought up no valid points. Please come back when you do have a point to make and I might listen to it. I can see your grasp of American-English is very limited seeing as how you use British-English laws as points against American-English. If you don't know about something there is no need to look like a fool and attempt to make points that you truely have no clue whatsoever as to what you are even arguing against.

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 10:31 PM
On 2005-04-03 20:09, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Did you even look at what kat is a variant of? Yes it is a variant of Khat, but khat itself is an loan word from another language. That point is invalid.

Kool, Quik, and Xtreme come up with possible choices. It reads them as misspelled. Again, your 'point' is invalid.

Spellings with 'ou' 'oe' 'ae' have been changed in American-English from that of others. Those are Latin-based vowel combinations. Hence, 'Oesophagus', 'colour', and 'paedophile', are all British spellings. I could care less how British spellings are since it is an entirely different language. Again, your point is completely unfounded and invalid.

Again, you have brought up no valid points. Please come back when you do have a point to make and I might listen to it. I can see your grasp of American-English is very limited seeing as how you use British-English laws as points against American-English. If you don't know about something there is no need to look like a fool and attempt to make points that you truely have no clue whatsoever as to what you are even arguing against.

It's language. It changes. Get over it.
Donut, doughnut, I personally don't care.
If you correct someone over it, you're being anal.
Have fun.

Point is, who cares if the change came from a company? It's still a change of acceptance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-03 20:32 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Apr 3, 2005, 10:37 PM
On 2005-04-03 20:31, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2005-04-03 20:09, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

It's language. It changes. Get over it.
Donut, doughnut, I personally don't care.
If you correct someone over it, you're being anal.
Have fun.

Point is, who cares if the change came from a company? It's still a change of acceptance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-03 20:32 ]</font>

If you don't care then why did you bother to humiliate yourself in the first place?

Also, if I am anal I shudder to think of your description of yourself and your methods of reasoning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-04-03 20:40 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 10:41 PM
On 2005-04-03 20:37, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
If you don't care then why did you bother to humiliate yourself in the first place?

Huh?
First of all... I don't recall saying I didn't care about how it came to be that way. I said that it doesn't matter to me if someone says donut or doughnut. That's a specific example.

Second of all... I don't see any sort of signs that I have, in fact, humiliated myself. Is Hrigg going to laugh at me now or something, and I feel ashamed? Please. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And yes I'm the anal on in this particular conversation, thanks for noticing! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The reason, by the way, for the "quik, xtreme, and kool" was that they ARE listed as spelled incorrectly, they don't have the same sort of response as donut has, which was part of that point. They're marketing words, like how donut was, but donut took on something different as well. That's what I was talking about.

The point about the British-English... no shit it's not American-English. No shit it's spelled differently, that was the point. The point of that was that languages change and branch off of various things. If armour can change to armor, FOR EXAMPLE (note: EXAMPLE), then why is it so weird for doughnut to change (or have an alternative) called donut? Is it less sophisticated of a change because a company came up with it, thus not valid? Is it not valid because there's no "different language" born from it?

Maybe you should argue the points and show why they are invalid, rather than just saying they are with nothing, or feeding me back my own point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-04 00:54 ]</font>

Evil_Althena8
Apr 4, 2005, 12:56 AM
how did a post about curry doughnuts/donuts turn into a linguistics debate...? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Solstis
Apr 4, 2005, 01:15 AM
This reminds me of the discussions over the word "gay" that every forum goes through.

Annually. Annyll. Anylkl?

Wyndham
Apr 4, 2005, 01:20 AM
back on tpoic, donuts are better than cookies anyway.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 03:08 AM
On 2005-04-03 23:20, Oran1324 wrote:
back on tpoic, donuts are better than cookies anyway.

Indeed.
I made a topic for fun and it is near lock-down mode.
I'm sorry. It was not my intention to have this all happen.

Wyndham
Apr 4, 2005, 03:18 AM
especially Boston Cream donuts.
OH YEAH!!! </KoolAidGuy>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 03:27 AM
On 2005-04-04 01:18, Oran1324 wrote:
especially Boston Cream donuts.
OH YEAH!!! </KoolAidGuy>

Kool Aid Man can so kick everyone's walls in, and then the kids scream: "Yay!" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I love that guy. Always a jolly fellow(in front of the cameras, who knows how bad he feels off camera). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Hmm. Waffles? or Pop-Tarts anyone?

Wyndham
Apr 4, 2005, 04:01 AM
waffles, no contest.
waffles are a cool breakfast.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 04:31 AM
On 2005-04-04 02:01, Oran1324 wrote:
waffles, no contest.

Oh yeah.
A crowd pleaser no doubt, due to the amount of cutomization on them.
Butter, jelly, (hot maple!)syrup, peanut butter!(yes I use it sometimes on waffles), etc. *drools* http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

However, Pop Tarts are good to go snacks! Rushing out the door to school/work type of food. Convenience can be an issue as well.

Wyndham
Apr 4, 2005, 04:33 AM
On 2005-04-04 02:31, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2005-04-04 02:01, Oran1324 wrote:
waffles, no contest.

Oh yeah.
A crowd pleaser no doubt, due to the amount of cutomization on them.
Butter, jelly, (hot maple!)syrup, peanut butter!(yes I use it sometimes on waffles), etc. *drools* http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

However, Pop Tarts are good to go snacks! Rushing out the door to school/work type of food. Convenience can be an issue as well.

that's why I perfer to eat poptarts when I just wake up. no assemby required. but on the other hand, I eat 3 dinners and 2 breakfasts on a good day.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 04:41 AM
On 2005-04-04 02:33, Oran1324 wrote:

that's why I perfer to eat poptarts when I just wake up. no assemby required. but on the other hand, I eat 3 dinners and 2 breakfasts on a good day.

Damn you're cool! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I wish I had that still had that kind of wherewithal or metabolism.

I can handle large amounts of food sometimes(I posted how I ate half a pizza, here on FKL once) but then I have a fun time the following day with digestion and exercising it all off/out.

Yeah. Like too much information, double-word-score!...speaking of my own digestion, and not the eating habits you posted, to clarify. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edited: Clarification of "too much info" about myself and not yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-04-04 02:42 ]</font>

Maridia
Apr 4, 2005, 05:02 AM

Wow, you have the appetite of a hobbit! "Is it time for second breakfast yet?" But wow, I love how this thread got totally hijacked a bit ago XD

Boston cream donuts rock.

Wyndham
Apr 4, 2005, 05:10 AM
On 2005-04-04 03:02, Maridia wrote:

Wow, you have the appetite of a hobbit! "Is it time for second breakfast yet?" But wow, I love how this thread got totally hijacked a bit ago XD

Boston cream donuts rock.

if you're talking about dunkin donuts', their boston cream is the best.
Krispy kreme has better chocolate frosted ones, but the cream on those makes me get carsick fast.

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 05:15 AM
Wasn't really a hijacking >_>
I remember when I called Kiz Pop_Tart for a few threads...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=79782&forum=14
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=79784&forum=14

And wha'dya know, it's almost been a year, too.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 05:30 AM
Bagel_Mechalabob

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Wow that was cool.

Owning FKL eh? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 05:38 AM
On 2005-04-04 03:30, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Bagel_Mechalabob

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Wow that was cool.

Owning FKL eh? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

For that length of time when no one else was around, sort of.

Blitzkommando
Apr 4, 2005, 02:10 PM
On 2005-04-03 20:41, Mixfortune wrote:
And yes I'm the anal on in this particular conversation, thanks for noticing! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Actually I was noting your attitude in every conversation I have seen you take part in. You are condescending, anal, assaulting, and rather grating. God forbid someone disagree with you for they might be lashed out at as being different, and thus inferior to you. You might want to change your title to be, "Better than you ever will be," or something to that effect. Afterall, your posts reek of that all the time.

Oh, and by using small fonts and wackos you only prove my points above. Have a nice day in your delusional world of yours.

Solstis
Apr 4, 2005, 02:35 PM
On 2005-04-04 12:10, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Actually I was noting your attitude in every conversation I have seen you take part in. You are condescending, anal, assaulting, and rather grating. God forbid someone disagree with you for they might be lashed out at as being different, and thus inferior to you. You might want to change your title to be, "Better than you ever will be," or something to that effect. Afterall, your posts reek of that all the time.

Oh, and by using small fonts and wackos you only prove my points above. Have a nice day in your delusional world of yours.

Despite whether I agree with you or not, I must mention that "But the Levy was dry" popped in my head while reading this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-04-04 12:35 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 03:25 PM
On 2005-04-04 12:10, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Oh no!

Anyways, small font was to note that I had added the edit after a length of time, as I had to step out when first making the post. No other reason. Oh well.
And if you're talking about my posts in FKL, I suggest you look at some of the other people around here as well, and try to understand why we post what we post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-04 13:30 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 03:35 PM
Take it to PM's, or it should be lock time.

This whole thing wasn't even about spelling and languages being derived from.

Stop arguing in my topic. Take it elsewhere, or I request a lock.

Daikarin
Apr 4, 2005, 03:39 PM
This is FKL. Arguing leads to prison.

Solstis
Apr 4, 2005, 03:40 PM
On 2005-04-04 13:39, Even_Jin wrote:
This is FKL. Arguing leads to prison.

And prison to the dark side.

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 03:51 PM
On 2005-04-04 13:35, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Take it to PM's, or it should be lock time.

This whole thing wasn't even about spelling and languages being derived from.

Stop arguing in my topic. Take it elsewhere, or I request a lock.

True.
I'm not even really arguing anymore, just explaining the points that seems like they need clarifying now.
But if you want it out, that's fine by me.

Scrub
Apr 4, 2005, 03:52 PM
What'dya know Hayabusa, you make a succesful topic and it is people arguing. =D

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 04:33 PM
Well this is by no means trying to continue it or whatever.
But just so people know, there can be such a thing as a debate or argument that doesn't go against the rules.
As far as I can tell, the only thing that'd make this lock-worthy would be if the original poster wanted it to.
So I'm wondering how many people actually read the posts in question... because it's not like there's a bunch of flaming or whatever... and serious discussion wasn't banned in FKL last I knew... so yeah, just curious.

PM me or whatever, if you feel that'll be preferrable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-04 14:35 ]</font>

Dominitrus
Apr 4, 2005, 05:03 PM
You made the donuts cry or is it doughnuts? my poor babies dont worry I'll eat you soon sweeties. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/donut.gif

Scrub
Apr 4, 2005, 05:36 PM
On 2005-04-04 14:33, Mixfortune wrote:
But just so people know, there can be such a thing as a debate or argument that doesn't go against the rules.

Still annoying. =D

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 05:41 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:36, GreyPhantasm wrote:

On 2005-04-04 14:33, Mixfortune wrote:

Still annoying. =D

Yeah.
That wouldn't be the first thing here that's annoying, though. :P

Scrub
Apr 4, 2005, 06:10 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:41, Mixfortune wrote:
Yeah.
That wouldn't be the first thing here that's annoying, though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=97287&forum=14&5

You're right.

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 06:12 PM
On 2005-04-04 16:10, GreyPhantasm wrote:

On 2005-04-04 15:41, Mixfortune wrote:
Yeah.
That wouldn't be the first thing here that's annoying, though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=97287&forum=14&5

You're right.

Considering that came after. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scrub
Apr 4, 2005, 06:14 PM
<_< You get the point.

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 06:15 PM
On 2005-04-04 16:14, GreyPhantasm wrote:
<_< You get the point.

It's not that difficult to understand anyways <_<
I just typed a word in there and took one of the weirdest results.

Scrub
Apr 4, 2005, 06:17 PM
Scrubendo. =3

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 06:18 PM
Sortrubiolgabrig Ofildelolitammie.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 5, 2005, 02:25 AM
On 2005-04-04 13:52, GreyPhantasm wrote:
What'dya know Hayabusa, you make a succesful topic and it is people arguing. =D

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Not necessarily arguing is what Mixfortune is saying, but it isn't all that necessary to have pot shots/cheap shots taken(about "your attitude in all posts.") I don't understand BLITZ's side here which causes confusion. I does seem like something that was built up, considering he made references to Mixfortune posting outside of this topic- and gave no indication of retreating-"agreeing to disagree" on the points Mix brought up.

Wasn't my idea that got the ball rolling and 90% of the replies were about a dictionary, and "I know more than you(not saying Mix or BLITZ are this way, just what I sensed out of the -sadly- one sided arguement)" discussion.

Oh I've made successful topics, I guess, by my own expectations of "successful" before. I guess they seem to few and far between in FKL here is all, Grey?