PDA

View Full Version : If you want to make a difference on PSOW.. Must read, impor

Ambrai
Jul 25, 2002, 09:49 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30794&forum=1&0

Ambrai
Jul 25, 2002, 10:20 AM
eRUPT already nuked the thread. What was stated in it is that eRUPT is extreamly angry about the changes to the site. He has removed all access I had, he is working WITHOUT Gideons approval for removing another Admin.

eRUPT has been behind the downfall of this site to its status before the changes I implimented.

I hope you see this thread before he nukes this one too. It's time to make your stand as a community, this IS a community board.

Just hope Gideon gets here quick enough before he distroys the whole site....

Soon enough he will ban me until Gideon arrives, post your thoughts here, or PM gideon directly!

eRUPT
Jul 25, 2002, 10:21 AM
It was moved to site related actually.

eRUPT
Jul 25, 2002, 10:25 AM
And actually as I stated in your other thread You did ban me for your own "personal" opinion and I find it rather amusing you would actually say without gideons authority as banning me from the site so that I could not finish discussing admin issues with you is rather leadership like.

No one is banned everyone I havn't banned anyone myself and despite what ambrai may believe I care very much about the sites livelyhood and some of you may know although I don't post alot in psow I've been around much of the background work with the site since gideon has handed me and watashiwa over the site months and months ago.

The users do mean a great deal to me and I hope you don't look too much down on an admins publically bringing his private dispute to you guys.

=)

Russta
Jul 25, 2002, 10:28 AM
I'm sure I remember you singing his praises a few days back. Anyway, you're the sort of person who is reliable but how can we help? People like watashiwa have shown how useless "the little people" are when they feel like picking on someone. Just how eRUPT is behind the downfall of the site I don't know, care to expand on that a little? Why he would have a problem with the running of the forums when he doesn't appear to do much with them is baffeling. In fact, this whole mess is quite confusing so please post the whole situation of pm me it incase of nuking.

Russta
Jul 25, 2002, 10:32 AM
The users do mean a great deal to me and I hope you don't look too much down on an admins publically bringing his private dispute to you guys.

Surely its better to bring disputes out into the open rather than doing them through Arkham or over a private messenger. How else can the site evolve?

watashiwa
Jul 25, 2002, 10:55 AM
Hi, Russta.

I love you too. ;)

eRUPT
Jul 25, 2002, 10:57 AM
I think everyone needs a banana split.

Banana split avatars for everyone?

Oh and you all should post in the too much alcohol thread or at least try my cocktail there.

SaitoH
Jul 25, 2002, 11:17 AM
I must say it's always a pleasure watching the mods make light of a situation rather then address it.

pixelate
Jul 25, 2002, 11:29 AM
I must say it's a pleasure to see private issues between staff made public when it should be left in Arkham to be dealt with.

Bringing it to the public is a desperate attempt to get back up for yourself because you can't seem to handle it on your own.

ABDUR101
Jul 25, 2002, 11:57 AM
On 2002-07-25 08:20, Ambrai wrote:
eRUPT already nuked the thread. What was stated in it is that eRUPT is extreamly angry about the changes to the site. He has removed all access I had, he is working WITHOUT Gideons approval for removing another Admin.

The thread was moved to site related. And I'll tell you about the site changes. I went to bed yesterday at 2pm, I woke back up at 5pm. I logged onto PSOW, and three forums were missing, all the rules and regulations were re-written, and Erupt was banned.

Removing the forums and re-writing the rules would'nt have been bad, if the community were given a warning. Three hours and all those drastic changes? What about the people in Player Matchup that were going to get off work and read any replies to their threads? Now they're back at square one in trying to find someone who they were looking for to play the game with(there were threads asking about certain kinds of players, now they're gone).

Changing the rules so fast? How is anyone going to ease into it? You can't just rehaul the rule system and expect everyone to snap into it, it has to be eased on everyone.

Everyone here is used to witty replies and remarks, with threads going off on little tangeants, and the occasional free post. I rather enjoyed it like that, it kept the threads moving and being interesting. Now you slam everyone with new rules and expect everyone to change?

Banning Erupt? What right do YOU have to ban Erupt? Him and Wata have been updating the site, if it weren't for them, we'd have the same buggy site from when you were actually around. Erupt is the overall care taker of the site, and he might not post often or mod the forums, and that's because he's making major changes. You come out of the wood work after so long, ban him and take over PSOW? People have shouted how PSOW is a dictatorship, but your actions are worse than any of that, you took the person who was given control of the site and you banned him? What the hell were you thinking?

eRUPT has been behind the downfall of this site to its status before the changes I implimented.

That is by far the biggest crock of BS I've heard in a long, long time. If anyone, Erupt and Wata are the ones who brought PSOW back up. What the hell did you do for the site? You left, and then you come back after it's been updated, and ban one of the people who put hard work into it? If Erupt wanted PSOW to fall, he would'nt make updates, he would'nt make the site better for the community.

I hope you see this thread before he nukes this one too. It's time to make your stand as a community, this IS a community board.

I know your game Ambrai. You came back, getting into the community, back talking Erupt, just trying to turn the PSOW members against it's own staff. Then you take over and expect everyone to love you. That's really sad.

Just hope Gideon gets here quick enough before he distroys the whole site....

That's another sad statement. You sound as if Erupt is going to just nuke the site. Care to tell us why he would? Give us a nice good reason Ambrai, why did Erupt make all the updates to the site over the past months only to nuke it?

Soon enough he will ban me until Gideon arrives, post your thoughts here, or PM gideon directly!

Ban you like you banned him? Erupt isn't that ignorant. I don't know who the hell you think you are, you're the hypocrite in all of this. It's allowed for you to ban erupt for doing nothing wrong, but when he comes back, you start to cry to the members because he might ban you? Grow up.

I've seen your sig at Shotie's forum Ambrai. I don't know how you could make any of this public, you know it just adds to the problem. But hey, you've been a great trouble maker so far.

Anyone want to see Ambrai's sig at Shotie's forum? I think it looks alittle premeditated if you ask me, it looks like Ambrai had this planned, because he had this sig before he banned Erupt.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/larva_7/psow-civil-war.jpg

Tell me Ambrai, is Wata really on your side, or did you put him there to make it look better?

And I have to agree with pixel. The fact that Ambrai has to call support from the members of PSOW to "rise up" and fight for him? PSOW was working damn fine, assholes were kept out, even though afew were given a second chance anyways. Why do you need the members of PSOW to protect you Ambrai? You did'nt need their help when you blatantly banned Erupt, right? Why are you crying? More over, why would we revolt against the person that made the changes and helped the site? If anything, we should all email and pm Gideon, telling him what you did to the the person that made the site better. Stop being a whiny bitch now that Erupt is back where he belongs. You had no right to do what you did to begin with.

Russta
Jul 25, 2002, 12:21 PM
http://newbie.tscentral.net/images/owned.jpg

Saladwood
Jul 25, 2002, 12:34 PM
On 2002-07-25 08:20, Ambrai wrote:
he is working WITHOUT Gideons approval for removing another Admin.

AHAHAHHHA! You were working without the approval of ANYONE! Gideon left the site to Erupt AND Wata. All the changes you implimtented were made at the request of no one except yourself.

Besides, banning erupt, was worse than revoking power, and that's what YOU Did. so what are YOU complaining about?

pixelate
Jul 25, 2002, 12:50 PM
I'm glad Abdur can stand to type more than I ever would.

Abdur got it on the nose.

SaitoH
Jul 25, 2002, 01:13 PM
Well, I respect Abdur's opinion and given the evidence, something definitely is wrong here.

I want change here so bad, I'm willing to stand behind anyone offering it.

Live and learn.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 25, 2002, 01:27 PM
I don't see the downfall of this site likely, but then again, like abdur said, with all these sudden changes, anything is possable...:

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2002, 02:20 PM
I think this would be a good time for me to take over PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

QueenBee
Jul 25, 2002, 03:18 PM
This all seems like BS. First with erupt, he seems like a nice dude, and people are now singin his praise, but isnt this the same dude that was changin titles and changing other people's sig's. Abdurs post was trying 2 make every1 see all hes done and how great and wonderful he is, but changing people's sig's dont seem like something a "great" mod/amdin would do. Now with Ambrai, I knew something was fishy when he/she was makin certain comments over at The Arcade. Maybe Gideon should just get all new mods and get rid of all the ones we have now. Im not saying this would be my choice, but that might be something that could be in the best interest of the site...

eRUPT
Jul 25, 2002, 03:25 PM
I changed one persons sig. And did apologize.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

jazzyfox
Jul 25, 2002, 03:27 PM
We need 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters!

No wait, that's the users.

Damn.

ABDUR101
Jul 25, 2002, 03:32 PM
On 2002-07-25 13:18, QueenBee wrote:
This all seems like BS. First with erupt, he seems like a nice dude, and people are now singin his praise, but isnt this the same dude that was changin titles and changing other people's sig's.

Yes, he changed one person's sig, and apologized. But that's a far cry from what Ambrai did.

Abdurs post was trying 2 make every1 see all hes done and how great and wonderful he is, but changing people's sig's dont seem like something a "great" mod/amdin would do.

I'll choose Erupt over Ambrai anyday. You have to look at what Ambrai did. He banned the care-taker of PSOW with no reason. The mods and admins here are human, just like us. BUT, there is a significant difference between changing someone's sig and apologizing for it, and banning the caretaker of this site and then when he comes back you try and rally all of PSOW to stand up and fight because he stripped the power out from under you. I can understand what you are saying though, but it's like the difference of night and day.

Maybe Gideon should just get all new mods and get rid of all the ones we have now. Im not saying this would be my choice, but that might be something that could be in the best interest of the site...

The mods did'nt do anything. Ambrai is the one who pulled the stunt. The mods are doing a great job, just because Ambrai went alittle power trippy doesn't mean you releive the mods that were here before Ambrai came back. Right?

Rotis
Jul 25, 2002, 03:35 PM
Please calm down, you're giving me a headache
> Everyone

RuneLateralus
Jul 25, 2002, 03:35 PM
On 2002-07-25 11:13, SaitoH wrote:
Well, I respect Abdur's opinion and given the evidence, something definitely is wrong here.

I want change here so bad, I'm willing to stand behind anyone offering it.

Live and learn.

This place reeks of angst amongst all...

Choosing sides is bad. I hate to see things be split up among the people here. However, I have not liked what I seen here for a while. That is why I stopped coming here. I want a change to attempt to make this site a community again. SaitoH is right. I like that Ambrai is trying to help out in this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-07-25 13:38 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jul 25, 2002, 03:52 PM
I had a 20oz. of Minute Maid lemonade with my lunch.

BobJones
Jul 25, 2002, 04:10 PM
On 2002-07-25 12:20, Dangerous55 wrote:
I think this would be a good time for me to take over PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Go for it Dangerous55! Finally the time has come. Muhahahahaha... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shadow_Blade
Jul 25, 2002, 04:19 PM
On 2002-07-25 13:52, watashiwa wrote:
I had a 20oz. of Minute Maid lemonade with my lunch.

yes...yes you did o_o;

OMAR
Jul 25, 2002, 04:23 PM
so whats up anything new O_o ?

Blue-Hawk
Jul 25, 2002, 04:34 PM
lets just hope that no one demands to be made mod like the old days.

*petitions himself for that* just kidding.

as for these so-called changes, i havent been here much lately, so i havent seen many of them. just todays changes, when i noticed the main board page was a little shorter. the petitions page being gone is a good thing. im not sure what other pages are gone, but whatever makes the place cleaner, brighter and more manageable.........*sounds like an ad for shampoo*.......

Last_Saiyan
Jul 25, 2002, 05:09 PM
I think there are "personal" bits that are missing from this that would make sense to all of this. Whether the mods wants to disclose this or not is up to them, but it would make alot of sense here since we the "community" have no clue why the admins are fighting and in a professional view...it's really embarrasing guys. If you can't perform a job w/ others then maybe it's not the job for you. It's not made clear about what kind of support you needed in this post except for the mentioning that Amrai wants us to tell something to Gideon that we don't have the full information or that the info is even credible. By reading what Abdur said and seeing the Sig it seems that this has nothing to do with disputes in performances from the mods but rather a personal conflict in issue. Please pick things up and resolve your differences and get back to your duties.

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2002, 05:57 PM
On 2002-07-25 14:10, BobJones wrote:

On 2002-07-25 12:20, Dangerous55 wrote:

Go for it Dangerous55! Finally the time has come. Muhahahahaha... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The plans are in the final stage, muhah, muHHAHAHA.

Last_Saiyan
Jul 25, 2002, 06:00 PM
Dangerous so you are behind this!!! heheh, hey buds I got 2 soj's now and my mf is well over 500 now too. Lets just say that I love the Ali Baba sword hehehe and perfect Topaz's

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2002, 06:06 PM
On 2002-07-25 16:00, Last_Saiyan wrote:
Dangerous so you are behind this!!! heheh, hey buds I got 2 soj's now and my mf is well over 500 now too. Lets just say that I love the Ali Baba sword hehehe and perfect Topaz's

Well I am behind everything. Muhha, I havent played D2 for a lil, but you already have better stuff then me, heh.

Guile
Jul 25, 2002, 07:15 PM
Ok I'm confused...(like always)

the link did'nt work...what is all this talk about stuff?!

LollipopLolita
Jul 25, 2002, 09:23 PM
On 2002-07-25 13:18, QueenBee wrote:
This all seems like BS. First with erupt, he seems like a nice dude, and people are now singin his praise, but isnt this the same dude that was changin titles and changing other people's sig's. Now with Ambrai, I knew something was fishy when he/she was makin certain comments over at The Arcade. Maybe Gideon should just get all new mods and get rid of all the ones we have now. Im not saying this would be my choice, but that might be something that could be in the best interest of the site...

queenbee, respectfully, we know you ahve personal issues. and i have been modding prior to wata and erupt's arrival, and i do recall people saying the mods were doing a good job then. erupt changed one person's sig. ambrai has changed many people's titles.

ambrai took it out of arkham, took it out of psow. making it public. all the other staff has been respectful enough to keep this a provate staff only situation.
we as the mods and admins should not be fighting. we are working all for the betterment of a community. and to remind everyone, this is a game community on gamespy, we follow the rules on gamespy. everyone has been peaceful and doing their jobs til now. gideon left the site to wat and erupt, not ambrai. we know a lot of the complaints lately has to do with wata. but guess what, leave the old memmories at the door, this isn't wata's site, he is not god. this is psow. this is a place where we talk about pso.

last saiyan is right. this is embarassing. taking it out or akham is embarassing. ambrai's actions are immature. and we all need to do our jobs.

psow is no one's personal playground.

this topic shall remain between staff til resolved.