PDA

View Full Version : Wow, great time for a router to die

Getintothegame
Apr 9, 2005, 10:47 PM
I've had my wireless router (D-Link DI-514) for a little under 5 months now, and all the sudden, today it just decides to not work anymore.

I have no idea what's wrong with it, but it won't communicate via directly plugging into it, or wirelessly.

Now I can only connect to the modem itself. No more free time on the computer... got to save up to buy a new router.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 10, 2005, 02:38 AM
You tried factory resetting it to all the default settings?

Check your manual for this procedure.

Then after it's back to default settings, try reconfiguring it again from scratch.

space_butler
Apr 10, 2005, 05:28 AM
5 months, shouldnt you be able to get a replacement for free after only that time?

dude3282
Apr 10, 2005, 07:31 PM
Hah, that was exactly my situation from Christmas break until this past Saturday. Dad just barely reworked our LAN and now we don't have to plug directly into the modem whenever we need the internet. That was frustrating. It lasted for three months. Hope you get yours fixed faster than I did.

Getintothegame
Apr 10, 2005, 08:05 PM
On 2005-04-10 17:31, dude3282 wrote:
Hope you get yours fixed faster than I did.

Hah, I just went to Wal Mart and just bought one, now I'm broke until Thursday.

dude3282
Apr 10, 2005, 08:12 PM
My dad spent most of our christmas break messing with the darn thing, buying stuff and returning it when he couldn't get it to work, and basically being in a helpless state of confusion. Home networking is supposed to be easy, right? Apparently not, even for computer dorks like my dad. As someone put it when I made my rant, plumbers need plumbers sometimes. I'm just glad he got it fixed finally.