PDA

View Full Version : Parents Suck

Zelutos
Apr 10, 2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, parents suck. This morning, someone from worked called and asked if i could come in at 1pm. I said no, and my parents don't like that. They think they control my work schedule. So all is okay until my dad gets backs and my mom tells him. So he freaks out, says he's driving over there to tell them i can come in. Great huh? i just worked 9 hours yesterday, i'm not interested in spending my last day of the weekend working the entire day.

Oh yeah, my parents want me to make it so i can come in at ANY time. Yeah, what a smart idea when i have SCHOOL 5 days a week. Wouldn't that just be the funnest thing in the world.

"Oh yeah, we need you to come in a 9am tommrrow."

"I can't, i have school."

"Come in or get fired."

Yup, simply ingenious mother...I hope you burn in hell along with my father.

Neith
Apr 10, 2005, 10:44 AM
That really does suck... how the hell you meant to be able to work at any time? If you're the one getting paid for working, your parents realisticly shouldn't be able to tell you when you can work.

Zelutos
Apr 10, 2005, 10:56 AM
On 2005-04-10 08:44, UrikoBB3 wrote:
That really does suck... how the hell you meant to be able to work at any time? If you're the one getting paid for working, your parents realisticly shouldn't be able to tell you when you can work.

That's what i tell them, and all i get is yelled at and threatened with being kicked out. And seeing as i have nowhere to go, i really have no choice. [I was going to say something here, but i decided to backspace it all so i wouldn't get yelled at here too.]

Neith
Apr 10, 2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a great deal you can do if you've been threatened with being kicked out.... but ust blindly having to follow what they say is terrible.

Zelutos
Apr 10, 2005, 11:13 AM
and what's worse is that i have a huge bruise on the inside of my leg and when it rubs up against the fabric of my pants, or my other leg, it hurts like hell. I hate my life.

Graptakular83
Apr 11, 2005, 11:13 PM
Come in to work while you have school or get fired?? Wow, talk about ruthless, and i think not legal. Your job should have a list of times when you cannot work, and school is the most viable excuse for not being able to work, and maybe jury duty...

As for your parents, well, i cant judge yours based on my situation, but heres my parents train of thought.

Come in to work on time and if they call you in, go ahead and show up. Minus points for someone calling out means major plus points for you showing up and taking their place, and spare cash (too bad my parents WANT that spare cash, but thats a different story). Even a crummy retail job can have major perks if you get in good with your superiors.

Sadly, i have come to agree with this train of thought. But hey, this may not apply to you, so take it in stride.

In conclusion, parents DO suck after all.

KodiaX987
Apr 12, 2005, 08:10 AM
On 2005-04-11 21:13, Graptakular83 wrote:
Come in to work while you have school or get fired?? Wow, talk about ruthless,

You fail at reading.

Daikarin
Apr 12, 2005, 11:00 AM
On 2005-04-10 09:13, Zelutos wrote:
and what's worse is that i have a huge bruise on the inside of my leg and when it rubs up against the fabric of my pants, or my other leg, it hurts like hell. I hate my life.

Hey hey now. Don't put everything in the same bottle. If you let it all pile up like that, you'll go nuts. Trust me.

Think racionally. Think about the problems and their causes, objectivelly. Then think about the possible resolutions.

Yeah, I know parents sometimes can't see that you're grown up. I'm 20 and my father still believes he can teach me how to study calculus, when he can't even understand what a deriviate is.

Good luck, still.