PDA

View Full Version : Writer's Block sucks.

dude3282
Apr 10, 2005, 08:09 PM
I can't write. Just about anyone who considers themselves a writer has probably experienced this at one point or another, and probably knows how incredibly aggravating it is. I guess I'm afraid, or too stressed out in one way or another. I've been nominated for this writing award (http://www.ncte.org/about/awards/student/aa/107460.htm), and if I don't pump out some good stuff that shows off how good I can be, I'll miss out on opportunities for scholarship money that I desperately need.

But I'm still struggling to force myself through and get something intelligble on this blank word document.

Man this sucks. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hrigg
Apr 10, 2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I've been through that a little bit before. Just keep on thinking and an idea will pop into your head. It will branch from there.

Good luck with the writing competetion. I hope you can think of some ideas.

Mystil
Apr 11, 2005, 06:17 PM
Had mine for a long time... its crippling indeed.

Rabid
Apr 11, 2005, 07:04 PM
I love writing...Im hoping to be an author when I grow up..

Writers Block sux...I have some ideas for you.

1)Talk a walk around and check out whats going on around you, maybe write about that.

2)Try writing about past experiences

3)Write a bunch of short and quick things first. Like some vignettes, poems, etc.. then try tackling the writing piece. The vignettes and such can be about anything, from what you did today to what your childhood was like.

:/ all I can really think of. Good luck with your award.

Solstis
Apr 11, 2005, 07:07 PM
Dreams to be a writer die hard.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KodiaX987
Apr 11, 2005, 07:41 PM
That's because people are too pussy to make corrections and submit their stuff another time.

HUcastShinobi
Apr 11, 2005, 07:45 PM
id kill myself if i was in ur position, cause i cant write! (looks at horrid grammitical errors in this post)

Nai_Calus
Apr 11, 2005, 08:38 PM
Try starting in the middle. Nevermind if you don't have a beginning, an end, or even any idea what you're writing about. Just start writing something like you've already got a beginning for it and let it fill itself in from there. You have no idea how helpful that's been for essays for school. >_>;

dude3282
Apr 11, 2005, 08:41 PM
On 2005-04-11 17:41, KodiaX987 wrote:
That's because people are too pussy to make corrections and submit their stuff another time.

I'll agree that writers block has a lot to do with fear. Artists can be obnoxiously perfectionist at times. Personally, I guess I'm afraid that people will judge me personally based on the content of my writing. I know from reading my friends' stuff that I can see into them pretty deeply. And knowing that, it's easy to want to hide instead of spill your guts. But you've just got to suck it in and relax.

As for the resubmitting, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but this particular award won't accept my stuff if it's not postmarked by a certain date. Since my teacher has to send it, I have to get it to him by this next Sunday. Joy.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 12, 2005, 12:27 AM
I hate writer's block. I used to have to write poetry for my junior english class. My teacher saw my first few poems and though I was the best poet she's had in a long time. Then...it happens. You just can't think of anything to write. Some of those poems took me hours to write because of it. It's so much easier to write on inspiration than be forced to write something when you're not "feeling it".