PDA

View Full Version : Love on PSO... ugh

Agent_Reav
Jul 25, 2002, 07:22 PM
Since this is a rant forum i'll go straight to the thing that pisses me off the most about the PSO universe. Online love... is there even such a thing? It's a goddamn 3d character model that spouts text O.o Actually the thing that really makes me wanna stab someone is when i'm asked to participate in an "online wedding"... I didn't think human civiliation could hit such lows -_-; And seeing as how the majority of people on PSO playing as girls are actually middle age guys... Comments?

ABDUR101
Jul 25, 2002, 07:34 PM
Unless you're the one getting married, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I say do whatever makes you enjoy the game, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else's experience.

And by hurting someone else's experience, I mean are they FORCING you to goto the wedding, FORCING you to do what they do, or performing actions that are harmful to you're character.

You can always ignore them, yeah? =)

Shadow_Blade
Jul 25, 2002, 08:03 PM
Its a roleplaying game.

Play it how you want to.

Nerd
Jul 26, 2002, 01:41 AM
I fell in love with a girl from pso, she fucked me over mentally though. Guess i should know better.

gypsy
Jul 26, 2002, 03:28 AM
I'm in love with love

http://www.geocities.com/swampy1995/LOVE.txt
~sigh~

Last_Saiyan
Jul 26, 2002, 11:29 AM
This has been addressed before. Respect other people and their activities. If online role playing whether it be clans, love, or teaming for the lag ball it's part of the game...if you think it's silly and a low for civilization then why do you go online? Abdur's right, no one is forcing you, so if you don't like then just walk away and whistle.

Sojo
Jul 26, 2002, 05:04 PM
It was me!! I addressed it!!

It's fine when they keep it to themselves, but when they get too serious or start to ruin other people's fun, that's just too much!

I nafct, it happened again recently with one of my friends.

First, it started out light-heartedly, but then she just got too serious, and didn't even like the idea of my mate playing in teams with other female players, and she was really really serious about this!

She even thought my sister was out to steal him from her; no joke!!

But in the end, her faither banend her from going online with it again, because she was getting a bit crazy...

Last_Saiyan
Jul 26, 2002, 06:08 PM
Dude that girl is Psycho!!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 26, 2002, 08:42 PM
You know what's worse than the PSO weddings? (i.e. iceblink + tsfo-snapple)

--That time when sue died; that was just crap! People actually cried and wept in pso and such. I don't see how you'd care abot a person at all, if all you did was play a video game with them.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 26, 2002, 09:06 PM
Remind me, who's Sue?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 26, 2002, 11:59 PM
Some dead catgirl =-_-=

haterade
Jul 27, 2002, 12:00 AM
Wheee... another topic that's been raped and dealt with already. Check back several pages and see what I typed. I ain't posting shit about this again.

Rhete
Jul 27, 2002, 12:09 AM
On 2002-07-26 18:42, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

--That time when sue died; that was just crap! People actually cried and wept in pso and such. I don't see how you'd care abot a person at all, if all you did was play a video game with them.

You're fucking evil

watashiwa
Jul 27, 2002, 12:12 AM
Haha. Although you're a girl, SnAPPLE, I would so love to bash your face in for making a remark like that.

That's a pretty cold-hearted thing to say about your dead sister, provided she was even real.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 12:26 AM
What makes me a girl? =;_;= I'm a man without parts.

watashiwa
Jul 27, 2002, 12:42 AM
Actually, you're right. I recently found out from a friend of mine that you are an asian male. That's a trip. So much for "Kay", Sue's sister.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 12:44 AM
I'm 14/m/straight... Sailor moon is my thing =v_v= you got me.

watashiwa
Jul 27, 2002, 12:55 AM
Oh, let's just bullshit our way out of this one.

It's fine. I do know who you are for real. You can downplay it all you like, the fact still remains. I know who you told as well.

Don't worry, you can keep up your catgirl thing as long as you want, but you're probably one of the fakest people out there.

You need serious help.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 12:58 AM
Didn't the person send you that quote too? =p_p= It's from the newsgroup.

watashiwa
Jul 27, 2002, 01:01 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

Enough, you're too stuck on your silly RP thing to even talk like a normal person.

It's useless and not worth my time.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 01:03 AM
Bleh that's it, I'm flaiming you big time.

You got married in pso to a FOmarl, because she was the only one who liked your nose. You call that love?

Alisha
Jul 27, 2002, 07:26 AM
HAHA! oh man i so need a good laugh after some of the BS the past couple days thnx guys =)

Current level of stress 60%

neko-chan
Jul 27, 2002, 07:34 AM
STFU
> Everybody

SnAPPLE has already found true love on PSO.

In fact she's Gally001's gf.

I know the whole story.

Ness
Jul 27, 2002, 08:38 AM
I don't have a problem with love on PSO. I didn't get married, but Avalon was my girl friend.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 09:23 AM
gally and I will be haivng the very first pso wedding, so you can all die =3.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 27, 2002, 09:52 AM
But...but...I dont want to die! T-T

ABDUR101
Jul 27, 2002, 01:31 PM
On 2002-07-27 07:52, Shadow_Blade wrote:
But...but...I dont want to die! T-T

EH! You die and goto hell! ...mmmkay.
=)

Can I be a bridesmaid at the wedding? I'm good with daggers :o

Ian D
Jul 27, 2002, 04:54 PM
...Jesus fucking Christ.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 04:57 PM
Bridesmade yes, but my maid of honor will be neko. >:3

neko-chan
Jul 27, 2002, 05:20 PM
YAY!!!

It's a dam good choice, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko!

I will wear that pink latex costume you already now. I'll be a kick ass maid!!!

Agent_Reav
Jul 28, 2002, 01:10 AM
... oh my good lord I'm surrounded by a bunch of cosplaying otaku. *looks for a close topic button* eh f*** it i'm goin back to http://www.cosplayhell.com It's always perfect for a quick laugh.

SaitoH
Jul 28, 2002, 08:51 AM
On 2002-07-26 18:42, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

I'm disgusted. That is the most horribly callous thing I've ever heard. I remember New Years Eve when, even though drunk, I logged on AIM and to say hello to some online friends. You told me you were going to die from the cancer you had been fighting for a while. I actually cried. I care for some of my online friends as much as I do my real life ones. I guess that makes me a sucker and someone easy to take advantage of, but I can't help myself from caring.

It's funny, when we first met a year ago, I felt sorry for you. You were an ostracized "cat-girl" in desperate need of friends, but as sorry as I felt for you then, I feel 10 times more so, now.

The good news is, your fake death really helped hit home what kind of person you really are and I was finally able to disassociate myself with you.

Jim

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 28, 2002, 11:37 AM
Mew =3. You should call me Sue, just to make me feel odd.

Well, I guess it's good to know that she didn't mask her illness from everyone =>_>=; Were you part of her PSO family?

Lloyd
Aug 22, 2002, 09:47 AM
I think someone is really starting to feel remorse http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif well you can't treat anyone badly or not sympathize because you can't in reality see them. I think that if you became friends with them and one of them died, you would feel something deep inside.

HarleyQuinn
Aug 22, 2002, 10:45 AM
Very true, Lloyd. Ok, so PSO isn't real life and you may never meet the people you play with, but through interaction you can make some very good friends. It becomes very clear very quickly who's lying or trying to act differently to their nature. I've met some very genuine people during my time on PSO and I would be devastated if anything happened to any of them.

neko-chan
Aug 22, 2002, 11:19 AM
Going back on topic I actually received a "love declaration" on PSOW. It was kinda embarassing but also nice in some way LOL. >_>

Guile
Aug 22, 2002, 04:39 PM
Abdur loves my goods and its all good

Sojo
Aug 23, 2002, 06:19 PM
I've actually met a PSO player in real life...

Never knew his character online though, but maybe I will since we now we both play PSO now...

He just so happened to mention that he was eagerly awaiting PSO GC, since it was brilliant on the Dreamcast. The I said I played it too, and there you go...
I'm pretty sure his online char will be the same as him, since he is a veteran wargamer and is used to the whole thing.

Other people I've met are very weird.

rookie
Oct 11, 2002, 01:25 AM
On 2002-07-25 17:22, Agent_Reav wrote:
Since this is a rant forum i'll go straight to the thing that pisses me off the most about the PSO universe. Online love... is there even such a thing? It's a goddamn 3d character model that spouts text O.o Actually the thing that really makes me wanna stab someone is when i'm asked to participate in an "online wedding"... I didn't think human civiliation could hit such lows -_-; And seeing as how the majority of people on PSO playing as girls are actually middle age guys... Comments?

Oh I totally agree with you, it's really stupid, wait though, you know what happens after real life marriages? it also happens on PSO!

I once was surprised of two little characters standing next to each other for hours, and when I asked them what they were doing, I was replied with "We just got married", they just stand there, send each other love mails, Ah I am sure you don't want to know the rest...

But afterall each to his own

Toyzferall
Oct 11, 2002, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure whether to laugh, be disturbed, offended, sad, angry, or any combination of the above. O.o;; I personally don't have ANY problem with ANBY form of RPing. Whatever's yer cuppa' tea. I DO agree, however, that you shouldn't do anything to ruin someone else's fun. Other than that, do what you want. The point of the game is to have fun. Sure, it's not real life... And that's probably the point. But here's one thing I can point in your face, for those who hate RPing: Can you walk outside, grab a beam saber, slice up monsters that come up from the ground, the nget stronger for killing them? No! Then why would you want to do that in a game? Can you go shopping in real life, or talk to people? Then why do it in a game? Thouroughly confused? Me too! I, uhhh... Agh, forget I opened my mouth... *Walks off, mumbling and holding head*

hollowtip
Oct 12, 2002, 03:50 PM
The problem with RPing is that it ruins a lot of the fun for the majority of people playing PSO. It's really frustrating joining a game with people conducting themselves in conversations that have to do with their "internet love". Numerous times I have joined games and people are sitting in the shop typing about what they had for lunch or how they killed a certain beast and with what. For me PSO is a game where you play to level up, kill monsters and get rares. Chat sessions are extremely annoying to me and break up a lot of what PSO is about.

haterade
Oct 12, 2002, 08:46 PM
On 2002-10-12 13:50, hollowtip wrote:
Numerous times I have joined games and people are sitting in the shop typing about what they had for lunch or how they killed a certain beast and with what. For me PSO is a game where you play to level up, kill monsters and get rares. Chat sessions are extremely annoying to me and break up a lot of what PSO is about.

*removes God/Ridicule++*

Methinks someone needs to learn how to create their own games. Be descriptive of what you want in the game title. Simple soution, no?

Spy
Oct 13, 2002, 05:29 PM
OMFG This is a good read.

X'D

Where's that favorite topics button again?

Ziggy-san
Oct 13, 2002, 05:30 PM
Aaa...it does seem...odd...however, most of the time it's just roleplaying...which is actually quite fun sometimes :P

If it's real, yeah, then it is rediculous. Not harmful...sickening? Maybe..

hollowtip
Oct 13, 2002, 07:21 PM
On 2002-10-12 18:46, haterade wrote:

*removes God/Ridicule++*

Methinks someone needs to learn how to create their own games. Be descriptive of what you want in the game title. Simple soution, no?

It's a lot easier to join a game with 3 other people than create your own and wait for 3 people. Try going on V2 style right now, people don't even play, might as well call Phantasy Star Online Interactive Chat Sessions.

KodiaX987
Oct 16, 2002, 12:08 PM
CUBIE!!! Get yer shiny metal ass over here!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SheogorathV2
Oct 22, 2002, 09:37 PM
In response to an earlier post, I think that the guy who said it can be annoying to see people in-character Role Playing in PSO is half wrong. You see, some people like the in character schtick. I mean, when I create a random, open game, I play in character. Now, granted, I don't go around telling them the type of oil I use to lube my joints, or the version number of my android's software, but I do act like my character.

For instance, when someone would enter my game (Simply named "Sheogorath") I would start off with something along the lines of,

"Force user...Male...Of admirable build...Do you drink Chaos to get that big?"

Usually I was met with lewd remarks or laughing, but I always stayed in character, I even had all my pop-ups reflect that. Many of my pop ups were error messages, such as "DISK ERROR..Run C:/Sys/DEFRAG.exe" and such. People always got a kick out of it, Cheech will attest to that.

But it is true that leveling and bashing baddies can be fun. I prefer an even mix of both styles. To each his own, they say.

-Growing Chaos in his backyard garden...
-Sheogorath

Rumina
Oct 22, 2002, 09:58 PM
to each their own... i agree totally, sheo. when i play, i play in character. thats how it's supposed to be. its an mmorpg. its about playing the game and communicating. i think its fun to chat in the rooms for a while and then play. its a virtual world, and you can live how you want and be who you want. i think PSO love is not a bad thing. its all in context and the point is to have fun. so do so...

SheogorathV2
Oct 22, 2002, 10:38 PM
Well, on the subject of PSO love, that is touchy. If it's role-played, it can be fun. I've never seen anyone RP'ing it, but I have seen it in EQ, and DAOC. I won't get into the REALM though, because that mmorpg was just...well....overtly kinky. God...I must wash my brain now..ick.

Anyhoo...If the love is REAL, I don't know. I'll admit there was a lady who played PSO once with me back in the day, and she was a member here. Her name was Shir, and after playing with her for a few months, I found out we had a *lot* in common. I would be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for her. However, me, being two years removed from my previous girlfriend at the time, was not only very weak in my heart, but not knowing her personally made my mind fill in the blanks, and I soon found myself telling her I loved her.

I never saw her after that.....ever.
She even left PSOW.

Thats when I learned...don't let polygons cloud your judgement.

And if my Patty ever saw me talking to someone like that online, she wouldn't be none too happy.

It's a dangerous road.

-Swimming in a sea of chaotic intent...
-Sheogorath

Cheech
Oct 22, 2002, 11:19 PM
On 2002-10-22 20:38, SheogorathV2 wrote:
Anyhoo...If the love is REAL, I don't know. I'll admit there was a lady who played PSO once with me back in the day, and she was a member here. Her name was Shir, and after playing with her for a few months, I found out we had a *lot* in common. I would be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for her. However, me, being two years removed from my previous girlfriend at the time, was not only very weak in my heart, but not knowing her personally made my mind fill in the blanks, and I soon found myself telling her I loved her.

I never saw her after that.....ever.
She even left PSOW.

She's around. o_O;; I talk to her on AIM sometimes. You two probably my favorite people to play with. Witty comments = Coolness.

About "love" in a game. I dunno. I mean, when I played back in PSOv1, I would see my buds everyday for a couple of hours. I got close to a lot of them. If you share personal feelings with someone at a serious level, and have that person responde in a way that pretty much makes you feel good, what's not to "love" about the person?

Did that make sense? Probably not, ah well.

SheogorathV2
Oct 23, 2002, 02:11 AM
It makes perfect sense. You have a valid point, especially if you include the meaning of love where you simply "care" for that person enough to include them in your daily thoughts. You can bond with someone like that, whether it be romantically or not. I consider you a friend, as I did Emperor Rage, even though he genuinely frightened me on numerous occasions. (Ok, he scared me all the time, but really, who didn't admire the guy?)

Tell Shir I said hi, and I'm sorry for anything I said. I was malfunctioning and my sensor array blew up.

It's ok now though, I replaced the broken part with the Xbox CPU. Sadly, it was no less buggy then my previous one.

-Giving out free samples of Chaos....
-Sheogorath

CorneliusPower
Oct 27, 2002, 01:48 AM
Girl gamers on PSO, Cornelius is in the house and full of love,"ma'am excuse me, is that a red handgun +99 you dropped or are you just happy to see me?" No I'm not a thieve, I am your companion for life, weeeee! On-line relationships Roxorz! =)

Topazfalcon
Nov 28, 2002, 06:57 AM
On 2002-10-26 23:48, CorneliusPower wrote:
Girl gamers on PSO, Cornelius is in the house and full of love,"ma'am excuse me, is that a red handgun +99 you dropped or are you just happy to see me?" No I'm not a thieve, I am your companion for life, weeeee! On-line relationships Roxorz! =)

I'm all yours CorneliusPower ^_-

Elusive_Llama
Dec 6, 2002, 02:34 PM
Roleplaying is good...sometimes. Vol_Opt's posts are always entertaining to read (read: good entertainment, not ridicule entertainment).

On the other hand, posts like these just make me laugh so hard that I cry ;_<

what was I gonna say again? oh yeah, I like watching my Hunewearl's cute little butt wiggle in front of me when she walks or runs. Oh yeah baby.