PDA

View Full Version : I NEED YOUR ATTENTION

dude3282
Apr 11, 2005, 08:31 PM
Not because I'm a whiny kid and my parents don't love me, but because I want you to help me get scholarship money. (all about the bottom line ... coughsonikhuteemharmem)

Read my stuff in fanworks and tell me what exactly it is that you don't like about it, and I'd appreciate it greatly. If you're even slightly interested in writing, or humor, or intellectual discussion, or even geoducks, I could use your input. So, please help me out.

Oh, and the power of Link compels you.

Whatever, dude.

Wyndham
Apr 11, 2005, 08:33 PM
On 2005-04-11 18:31, dude3282 wrote:

Oh, and the power of Link compels you.

bastard!

Rabid
Apr 11, 2005, 08:35 PM
Haha I thought you were gonna beg us for money or something http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sacred_One
Apr 11, 2005, 10:35 PM
I will try to help out if I can.

Outrider
Apr 12, 2005, 02:29 PM
What should I do if I can't read?

Zzzzzz
Apr 12, 2005, 02:55 PM
On 2005-04-12 12:29, Outrider wrote:
What should I do if I can't read?

Then you pound angerily on the speakers and drool on the monitor.

Sayara
Apr 12, 2005, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a plan to me z's. :o

Jess16241
Apr 12, 2005, 05:21 PM
*forces Link to jump off of cliff* there, his power doesn't compel me now

Sagasu
Apr 12, 2005, 07:55 PM
I ripped it to pieces for ya,

Enjoy.

dude3282
Apr 12, 2005, 08:25 PM
Hmm, my fault. I appreciate your input, but I could use some more input on the other stuff. I'm turning in ten pages of crap, not one sheet. Right now what needs the most help is the ambiguous poem about poetry, followed by my "writer's block breakthrough" piece. I'm still wondering what people think of it -- whether people think it's humorous and if I should even bother dressing it up and sending it in. Solstis and Sagasu have done a remarkable job of confirming what I thought about my two paragraphs I did for school a while back (part 3). Now, a little more help on one and two would be wonderful.

More attention whoring tomorrow.

Or whenever I feel like it, I guess. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sagasu
Apr 12, 2005, 08:51 PM
part 1 is poetry, my tastes in that are quite different than the norm so.. meh.

part 2 is a bunch of philosophy, opinions. I'm not going to touch it.

Part 3 is the only real "writing", the other offbranches arent really things I can play editor for without my words being overstated opinions.

u.u

dude3282
Apr 12, 2005, 09:17 PM
Part 2 is satire, aimed at people who read a lot of essays. Like these judges I'm looking to please.

Fiction, the only real writing? Whatever floats your boat. I get different feelings from different forms of English. Escape? I read a novel. Mental Stimulation? Start a deep conversation, or read something intellectual. I don't read much poetry outside of school, as you can probably tell. So I suck at that. But it helps one look at the deeper side of life. Or just angst out, more frequently.

What I'm trying to say is that I like variety. Just like I would go crazy if I just listened to blues music all the time, I like different forms of English at different times. That's the point of rhetoric, it's so adaptable.

Sagasu
Apr 12, 2005, 09:35 PM
Formally speaking what we are doing right now is writing, or, typing for that matter.

So I'll rephrase it as, fiction is the most challenging. Trying professionally anyways.

Anyone can spit their piece of mind =3