PDA

View Full Version : my house, my rules

Robo47
Apr 17, 2005, 10:36 PM
alright, I have three relatives living with me, and they have absolutely no respect for anything. They do whatever they please, whenever they feel like.

My younger brother has a nasty habit of leaving his stuff in the bathroom whenever he's done taking a shower.

"(name removed), when you're done, take your towels off the floor and take them to the laundry room, its disgusting."

"Yeah, I'll do it next time, sorry Bro"

Heh, next time he will tell me the same thing.

Then there are times in the morning where he revs his cars engine and wakes everyone up. I tell him to stop, he does it anyway.

Next is my cousin, leaving his stuff anywhere he sits. If he uses the computer? He leaves his half finished cup of tea on the mouse pad. Watches TV? Theres a bag of chips on the couch and the remote disappears, which somehow ends up in the kitchen.

Finally my cousin's ex-girlfriend, whom you guys know. I am a nice guy and let her stay here but its getting annoying. She goes to work and when she comes back she goes right to the computer. From 3 to at least 11 she sits in the computer room. But recently, she has been disappearing for three hours a day, I don't know wether to call that good or bad. But any time I ask her to do a quick chore, which she had agreed to do every once and a while, it has to be like pulling teeth.

"Come on people, I'm not your parent. I have graciously let you stay here for free, but you still have to do the chores I ask you to. It's my house, my rules. You don't want to follow them? Go back to your parents house."

ryuartyi
Apr 17, 2005, 10:42 PM
Well, if they don't want to do the stuff you tell them to do, you can just kick them out. You can force it, or you can stop giving them luxuries like food, or you sell of their beds, etc...

ABDUR101
Apr 17, 2005, 11:47 PM
I have to agree, if they're staying there for free, they need to atleast be given chores and definately need to follow house rules.

The towels and leftovers in the bathroom, I don't know, heh, my nephews still do that and I don't know why. How hard is it to put stuff in a hamper/dirty clothes, or re-hang the towel you dried off with(if others don't mind using it)?

Cousin leaving half empty tea cup setting around. Aye, I get really pissed off when someone leaves a cup of coffee, soda or water setting in my room or on my desk. Even I don't let something set on my desk. If I finish it, it gets taken downstairs, rinsed if needed and set aside for future use. But yeah, I feel you on the tea, heh, expecially when it's just haphazardly sat on the mousepad.

Bag of chips and lost remote too, not hard to put the remote on the coffee table(or even the arm of the sofa for that matter), close the bag of chips with a close-pin(or whatever you use) and put it with the rest of the snacks.

Heh, I'd start delegating a lot of chores out. If I were the only one paying for the place, I would'nt do a god damn thing, I'd make everyone else clean and keep the place tidy, and they'd do it by my standards or go elsewhere.

Stand up man, tell em how it's going to be. It's your place. Be civil about it, and if they start giving lip or giving the same old BS, start kicking them out. =