PDA

View Full Version : The trigger which makes everything become whole.

Daikarin
Apr 18, 2005, 06:14 PM
I don't know how long this thread is going to be, but I will warn that most of you won't get my point. And the point isn't that you get mine, is that I let this out of my puzzled head.

I take too much of my free time to think about things that interest me. And studying doesn't necessarily mean staying with my butt stuck on the chair looking at the laptop monitor, or spending a weekend in the library.

From the moment I wake up, until the moment I lose my counsciousness again on the bed, my thoughts are on the run 100%.

I try to reason all of my collective thinking to a single spot where all is connected and the harmonic motion of the universe is told in routines of a single thought.

This wears me out. My muscles are tense, my nervous system is on the alert, so that it sparks everytime my continous flow of thinking reaches a "Does not make sense" statement.

Thank God for social activities. Thank God for existing the ability of emptying the thoughts out of the brain like dirty water from a bucket.

An airplane flies up in the sky:

- Its speed, in all relative forms of representation;
- The vectors of every natural force that act upon it and enable it to float;
- Its colouring, and design looks cool;
- Study its vibrations, calculate the air pockets around the airplane: Where they are, the volume they occupate, how are they spreaded in the air, and how dense are they;
- The clouds behind the airplane: Vast stratus scattered in the atmosphere, a few cumulus, but mostly several nimbustratus, which indicate almost rain. Where and when? Study the movements of the clouds, how fast are they going, where are they heading. How thick is the rain going to be? Look at the concentration, size and colour of the nimbus clouds. Then determine...

Then someone snaps their fingers in front of my face and I forget everything I was thinking in less than a second.

A mentally handicapped kid would simply look at the airplane and say "Pretty plane, it flies!". Most people would laugh at their primitive thinking. But they would also find my routines of thought kind of stupid.

I wish I was that kid. I wish my mind was simple and clear. I wish I didn't have to worry everyday about finding the answers to the question my mind sets at me everyday, and living without ever reaching the harmony of a solution.

No one ever forced me to know, to calculate, to think. My parents never forced me to study when I was a kid, or when I was a teenager. All they wanted was for me to keep my morals, and to act responsible.

I do this to myself. I am too demanding of myself. I am against any error, any flaw. I can't demand any mistake of my routines, or I go slightly out of place.

What causes a mistake? If a person knows the laws perfectly, and the theories, what can cause an error? One of the laws is following the laws exactly. So, what causes the error? The bad notion of the law? Impossible, I assumed I knew the laws perfectly, therefore that I followed them straight.

It's normal for people to make mistakes, it's human to do so. Why can't I accept a simple insignificant mistake from my brain?

I wish I was retarded. Damn it all, my mind is overflowing with ideas. The mind is connected to the atomic chemicals in the body, which are connected with the nervous system and any cell system, which are connected to the organs, which form the human body.

Is that why my muscles are always tense?

Why I'm giving this so much thought?

Maybe I'm too harsh with myself. Maybe the universe can never be fully understood by the human mind.

My mother one of the few people that accompany my thought to a minimum. Recently, I've reached a state where words are walls as to expressing itself, as if there isn't enough words, enough definitions.

Sometimes I feel scared of who I am, other times I just don't care and deal with it.

But if I keep evolving my thought like this, God knows what could be rushing through my head in 10 years. And who could understand me by then.

Or maybe I'm just rushing it.

Maybe I just need to pay more attention to the relaxing exercises like Tai Chi or Chi Kung to clear up every paint that is printed in my head.

Yeah, that's it. Cool down, think less.

...But why, darn it? Why do I have to press the brake? Why does my car goes by 200 mph, when the maximum allowed is 40!?

Don't think about it. Think less.

It's that Ying and Yang crap coming again.

Erase all that worthless thought.

...Or maybe this is just another Monday.

EDIT: Sometimes a scientist becomes so wrapped up in his ideas, and writes down each formula that comes to his mind into a piece of paper. There eventually comes a point where there's too much paper on the table for him to see where he's going, so he must take out the worthless sheets out of the table, to see the right one with the formula he's currently working at.

In this case, I used Rants section of PSOW to toss out my worthless paper sheets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-04-18 16:27 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Apr 18, 2005, 06:33 PM
I like it when I'm trying to goto sleep, and it's like there are countless highways going through my head, everyone blaring their horns and screeching their tires to get noticed, so much that you can't concentrate on a single one of them for any amount of time, as they are already far out of view and all you hear are their horns slowly drowning out in the distance, but quickly covered up by more passing by, to which you try and hear them as well, but they are drown out by more passing as well. Continuous loop.

Random quotes, random sentences, song lyrics, previous conversations, possible conversations that may occur the next day, possible problems at work, past problems at work, past failures, possible future failures. All blaring for attention, and they no more enter central conciousness and they are replaced, and replaced again and again.

I stare blankly into the dark of my room, with no sense of the passage of time.

I've gone to bed at midnight and laid in "stasis" like that until it's time to get up for work. Or sometimes I'll somehow goto sleep and wake up with a deathgrip on my pillow, and my jaws tightly clenched.

Now, I have a clearer concience, and can almost goto sleep immediately if I just stay calm and centered.

As for you slowing down or hitting the brakes, and why you should. Well, you don't necessarily have to, but then, you don't want to turn your brains to mush do you? It's not so much that you are braking, it's that you should maybe concentrate your thoughts onto something specific and not on everything. Trust me, center yourself abit or it'll really fuck with you.

About a year ago, I was waking up everyday, and the moment I woke up I'd start going through scenarios of what could happen at work that day, what conversations I might have about certain things, what someone might say about something I'm wearing, and I'd try and emulate people's usual reactions to what was going on. It was crazy, and much of the day I was doing that.

Heh, and I always thought I just had issues. =]

I do, of course.

Wyndham
Apr 18, 2005, 07:34 PM
well, lety me just say that you're not alone, some of us even think way faster than they can type, talk, or write.
like me.
I used to even have a stuttering problem because of it, and my mind also thinks of things i don't want to think about. it's hell, isn't it?

ABDUR101
Apr 18, 2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I think abit faster than I talk. Gets to be a problem when I try and talk faster to keep up instead of slowing down entirely and keeping everything in balance.

I end up murmuring, stuttering or losing words altogether.

I've gotten better at it, but it's still abit funny when you're trying to talk to someone at work and you just blatantly stutter out of no where. I just laugh at it, happens to other co-workers as well, so no one tends to really care.

Solstis
Apr 18, 2005, 11:48 PM
Sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or perhaps a slight form of Autism.

Aredhel
Apr 19, 2005, 04:07 AM
There is no point - a point would designate a focus, a single destination or derivation of any particular concept. Notwithstanding the many layers at which you have approached and presented this, I think your own answers lie within, as with most of the "problems" people perceive they have, do.

To know the answers, to typify the solutions, is to first know what questions you are asking of yourself. You know you have them - address and take a side, no matter how arbitrary it is, your opinion towards it will reach a state of equanimity, eventually, as we all hurtle towards entropy and once again, one-ness with everything.

Realisation of this grants a very certain freedom, but freedom is too often taken for granted or assumed at a premature state -not as though any person can reach maturity in a single lifetime- but we like to fool ourselves into thinking so. Also recognize that freedom has its drawbacks as well - everyhting is equal in a sense. It's really too bad some lack the perception to see just how equal everything is, but those people balance those who may just realize too much. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

Daikarin
Apr 19, 2005, 08:27 AM
Yesterday night (time around here) I had too much on my mind. But one of the main things was that, if man understands A, then understands B, then at some point in life he could understand C.

Therefore, man could be able to understand the whole alphabet (Did I spell that right...?)

Pay no attention to this rant, I was just talking about random thoughts.

Solstis told about the possibility of autism. I wouldn't know if that was true, since I don't like to isolate myself too much, or become unable to communicate with others. I'm a person, therefore it is logic that I am supposed to interact. I'm not egocentric and see the world solely from my point of view, since that would cause me to have a rare notion of the outside world. I enjoy the company of other people as well as anyone else. It's just that I have day dreams a lot on some times, I think.

Nothing of that kind was diagnosed when I was a baby, too. I never was anti-social, on the contrary: Socializing sets my mind free from all those ideas. A good run by myself often releases me from the stress, or hanging out with my pals when I'm thinking too much about something.

Besides, what I think about isn't suppositions of my own mind. It's based on the knowledge of the world I possess and testify, and the ability to know more about it.

Sometimes my friends keep looking at me until I get back on earth.

This rant was about how my mind sometimes turned into a highway of ideas, and how I had to deal with that. Of course I feel better when I exteriorize my thought, and when I relax myself.

It's like drinking too much coffee or swallowing speeds everyday, but without actually doing it.

Oh, and uh... Thanks for your words, everyone. Supportive or not, they're helpful anyway. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-04-19 06:47 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 20, 2005, 03:15 AM
On 2005-04-18 21:48, Solstis wrote:
Sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or perhaps a slight form of Autism.

Yeah. I think I might have that kind of disorder or instability.

Well its not for me to say whether or not I am 'this' or 'that.' "Self diagnosing" isn't really what you're supposed to be doing. Don't dwell, but think all you want? Hmm. "You think too much, but its okay to think about things and think them over?"

I remember your other rant about the Yin and Yang of life. Contradicting views and opinions on how to go about life. No one has the exact same views on everything and trying to fit everyone's mold is very taxing on your mind. Do your best to fit one while avoiding fitting another?

Once you find your niche in life, your calling, your stability, your everyday routine, all should be well, right?

I guess a lot of us can have the time to think about things and dwell over every little detail. Myself, knowing I take too much pressure on at work, sometimes to the point of outbursts of anger towards my opinion of "not working well enough," then I get shot back to Earth knowing this isn't my business, I'm just hired help. I have my daily routines and it sometimes seems like that's all there is(in life). "Auto-pilot, cruise control." I held on to many paychecks knowing I didn't need them that exact moment. I may have an easier life than a lot of people so I have more time to think, more time to dwell, more free time with a search for a pasttime.

Not necessarily going somewhere, or working towards a goal. The stereotypes of "dead end job" come to mind, but I've had enough advancement that it can become a profession/career and not just a job to pay bills or whatever. I have goals set for me everynow and then by other people but then I procrastinate and put off the inevitable.

Eh. I think we're all lost and searching until we find what we're looking for. In that mindset, I've been lost for a while. Over-romanticising things, becoming depressed/repressed/angry/isolating myself/etc.

We all have our doubts, we all have our setbacks, we find ways to continue.

I don't know how to end this and just rambled along, which I seem to do around here alot. My posts tend to drag on a bit every so often.

Oh an important thing here:
Always take solace in the fact you can come to Rants and have your thoughts put out there, like note "paper sheets" for the critical thinkers around here to discuss. More people might have important input for you about your thoughts. Or at the very least, give you more 'ideas to think or dwell about!' Heh. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I remember being an idiot around here, always pestering Abdur with spam, badly typed junk, and I end up in time having progressively more serious and intellectual discussions with him and others around here. Wow things can change drastically. I'm no genius still, but I'm nowhere near that type of person around here I used to be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-04-20 01:22 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 20, 2005, 08:07 AM
On 2005-04-20 01:15, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I'm no genius still, but I'm nowhere near that type of person around here I used to be.[/small]

Genious or stupid, nobody understands you either way http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Thanks for the advice.

Blitzkommando
Apr 20, 2005, 08:35 PM
Sounds like overanalization. I should know since I do it as well. It is said that the smarter, more intelligent one becomes, the stranger one becomes in thought and practice. What if, what if it is not that one becomes stranger, but one has, transcended say, to another train of thought. Writing helps clean the mind, like resetting the RAM of a computer. If one doesn't reset every so often, the memory becomes garbled and blurred. Sleep can be this reset for many people. But for some, such as myself, it doesn't. My mind continues right where it left off before the sleep.

I am constantly thinking. Constantly analyzing. For if I do not constantly think, I break down. I lose grasp of reality, I have a need to think, to learn, to dream. I don't know if you have similar patterns, but from what you have written, it seems that way. And really, one can never think too much, only too little.