PDA

View Full Version : Weapons:

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 07:34 PM
I felt a need to provide a response to the last thread.

I wouldn't get so angry about people finding nice rares if the finders of such rares weren't so "haughty".

I get angry when someone finds a rare relatively quickly, and they may be the laziest, worst player ever, yet they use it as a reason to belittle others.

This entire board suffers from such symptoms. There's no need to create a thread bragging about a find. And there's no need to tell others about your find. They'll see it if they play with you. Not necessairly everyone wants to have it rubbed in their face. And for the record, I NEVER hunted the SJS. I just can't stand seeing so many threads of people "finding" it, when I know how few people still play PSO. At least 80% of the users have to be lying.

That's just my two cents on the matter.

Edit: It wouldn't be so bad if being a NICE or smart person was enough. But the only users on this board who have friends seem to be the "rich" players who have a lot of good items, like Kef. I guess if you're someone like me who doesn't have to brag about every item you find, and ends up giving most of his stuff away, then you're not worthy of friends on this board.

And the only reason I'm a jerk is because I see praise being dished out to people who find good items, but no praise dished out to people who stand up for what's right and just. What's more important- temporary items on a dying game that everyone will soon quit playing, or good strong moral values and truth?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 17:38 ]</font>

EphekZ
Apr 20, 2005, 07:42 PM
um rant section maybe?

...Yep...

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 07:43 PM
What's right and just? Is this an elitist legit post about someone who can't find any rares? -_-

I don't think any of us say any player is better than another because they have better luck. We congratulate (Bah, spelling bad tonight) on an awesome find, but we don't think better on them.

We don't claim Kef is an awesome player because of his rares, we claim Kef is an awesome player because he IS. Fact.

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 07:48 PM
You say you don't care about people finding rares, yet you care if they find it fast?

Self-pride is the devil now eh?

Seriously. Go grow up. Someone found something better than what you have. Big fucking whoop. I found a Heaven Punisher. My only good rare. Have I asked people to praise me? No. Have I gained any popularity from it? No. I am (apparently) popular because I am fun to play with. Not because I have an elusive piece of data.

We're supposed to feel bad that you don't have friends on this board? When you throw a rock at a bear, chances are it's not going to like you.

Moral values on a "dying" game? What does it matter then?

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 07:48 PM
And I'm not trying to pick on anyone specific, I just know that Kef has a lot of good finds. There are many others, Celisse, Auracom, etc.

Well, I don't know if this needs to be considered a rant. I mean, this IS a prominent problem in PSO.

Awhile back I started all over, and I didn't have many good items. I realized that all the people I used to play with didn't want to play with me anymore.

I think there's a huge problem in only keeping "friends" that are useful on this board and all of PSO. If you keep someone around only because they have good stats and items, and make your hunts easier, then how good of a friend does that make you?

I guess I'm just embittered over the whole materialism thing.

I'm just hoping people that do the above things read this and say: "Yeah, I DO do that, I base others' worth on their items and how easy they make the game for me. I should make a better effort to be friends based on qualities other than materials."

I get depressed. I don't much material wealth in real life, either. So, naturally , most people don't really pay much attention to me. So it's depressing to play an online game and have the same thing happen. Granted, I don't play online anymore, but I want to make a difference. I want PSO to be a better place when I come back for BB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 17:51 ]</font>

digigram
Apr 20, 2005, 07:49 PM
This entire board suffers from such symptoms. There's no need to create a thread bragging about a find. And there's no need to tell others about your find.

Let's see:

-Including you
-Including you.....
-um .... including you

and

-including you

There is no 'need' to be on this site, post negatively and work yourself up in a fit of frustration because 'other people aren't like you'.

Seriously, if you need to post a frustrated thread about how people shouldn't be happy they "by chance" found something, you're obviously in the wrong place.

Try http://www.grumpycontrolfreak.org/lifegetting.php

Not sorry if this offends you, because i'm sure the majority of people that have read the selfish shit you have to say are through with you even saying anything at all.

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 07:53 PM
I just want people to stop basing others worth on items, that's all.

I just get angry when I see some users who have lots of friends because of random events, while others, who are good people, remain lonely because they don't have much wealth. This game shouldn't have to be just like real life.

Also, I get really mad when I know that at least SOME of those finds have to be lies. I mean seriously, do you think NOBODY has ever lied about finding an item? So it sucks because there's no way to pinpoint the liars from the honest people, so we're forced to believe everyone so we don't "offend" anyone. So someone could be lying about a great find, and he has the perfect defense because nobody can go about proving it. So he gets a lot of friends. While another user may be perfectly honest, never find much, and never have any friends. It just makes me so angry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 17:55 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 07:57 PM
On 2005-04-20 17:53, RedSchwar wrote:
I just get angry when I see some users who have lots of friends because of random events, while others, who are good people, remain lonely because they don't have much wealth.

I think you're the only one who, "Sees" this. None of my PSO friends are based off of what great uber rares they have, and what uber rares they will get for me. =/

The people you mentioned, minus Celisse (Cause I don't know who that is, unfortunately) have many friends on PSO because they're nice people.

EDIT: And I think the only lie that's ever been posted in the Day's Find thread (As an example) are the one persons 4-percent weapons, Garanz/Baranz Launcher from Very Hard and Kef's Flaming Q-Tip JOKE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-04-20 17:59 ]</font>

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 07:58 PM
Everytime a SJS topic springs up you immediately jump on them for some lame reason.

You constantly say you don't care yet it is quite obvious you're jealous beyond reason.

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever! Has someone became someone elses friend on PSO just because of a rare. Ever thought we also keep in touch otherways? IMs are great for 2005! IRC too! What a future we live in where we don't all listen to arrogant dumbfucks.

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:00 PM
Well on PSO, I was very nice to people and always shared.

So why is it when I started over and didn't have many items that nobody would ever play with me? I was still just as nice. I'm only getting angry now after the fact.

It really makes me mad because I realize that the whole time (before I quit), those people were only my friends because I had good stuff, NOT because they liked me. So how am I supposed to deal with this stuff? By NOT mentioning it, and pointing it out as a problem?

Just forget about who posted the thread and think to yourself "Do I do this?" If you do, perhaps it's time for a change.

And the only reason I get angry at the SJS topic is because so many "magically" pop up after Auracom unsealed his. Naturally, some of the users HAVE to be lying. It really sucks that there's no way to tell who's lying and who's telling the truth, and we just have to be nice to everyone. It also ticks me off that nobody else notices this trend. Seriously, do you think the kid with the 47 Gi Gues really found one? Would you bet ten dollars on it?

I think all finds should have to stay in "The Day's Finds" thread, so that if there are potential liars on this board, I don't have to read about their finds.

I can't believe I'm the only person who gets angry knowing that there are some people who are getting away with lying, while reaping all of the benefits of someone who finds the item legitimately (ie. friends and popularity).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 18:04 ]</font>

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 08:04 PM
It's obvious you don't have a personality, if you rely on your rares to make the friends.

If I corrupted right now, my friends wouldn't care that I did. They'd help me get back on my feet.

Hey! Look! Aim corrupted(sort of) awhile ago. let's just ask him. Hm.. since I saw him on a few days ago he was still playing with people.

What happens to you doesn't reflect the whole fucking world, or does the sun revolve around Earth still?

edit: If you're the only person who notices it, what the fuck do you think the problem is? Come on. I think there's somewhat of a brain in there.

and people got more serious about SJS hunting when they saw that it is unsealable. Before SJS was useless because of it being a bad sword.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-04-20 18:05 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 08:04 PM
Then, plain and simple, you had bad friends.

Or, they find it boring to level up in a lower difficulty level, and would rather be enjoying themselves. I wouldn't put the burden of helping level a lower character on any of my friends unless they were levelling a character of similar level, but that may be just me. =/ (By lower, I mean like 60 minus)

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:07 PM
Or, they find it boring to level up in a lower difficulty level, and would rather be enjoying themselves. I wouldn't put the burden of helping level a lower character on any of my friends unless they were levelling a character of similar level, but that may be just me. =/ (By lower, I mean like 60 minus)

Yeah, well I did that for them.

And I'm scared to return to PSO again and make new friends. How do I know the people here won't do the same thing, when it's obvious that the only people anyone here is interested in are the ones with lots of stuff? Maybe people think "Oooh, if I get on their good side, they might give me some good items." I DO NOT want someone to be my friend for that reason, and I don't even want the possibility of it happening.

I mean, sure. I'm bitter. But read my posts. I'm obviously a fairly intelligent person. I stand up for legitimacy, and I give a darn about others. So why don't I have any friends? Sure, I'm not perfect. But why should I have to be? Why do some of the liars out there have more friends than an honest person? Of COURSE they have a better attitude than I do, they're GETTING AWAY with lying. It's really easy to be all smug and happy when you're totally pwning the people who are doing it the legit way, and getting away with it.

Solstis
Apr 20, 2005, 08:08 PM
There are issues here that ranting on a board cannot fix.

Seek a psychiatrist, or someone who thinks of themselves as one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-04-20 18:11 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 08:11 PM
On 2005-04-20 18:07, RedSchwar wrote:
Yeah, well I did that for them.

So it's a, "I did this for them, I want this in return," type of thing? You don't do favours just for the sake of doing them?

And I'm scared to return to PSO again and make new friends. How do I know the people here won't do the same thing, when it's obvious that the only people anyone here is interested in are the ones with lots of stuff? Maybe people think "Oooh, if I get on their good side, they might give me some good items." I DO NOT want someone to be my friend for that reason, and I don't even want the possibility of it happening.

I agree with the false friends thing. But I don't agree with how the interesting people are the ones with good stuff. That comes as a coincidence. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I mean, sure. I'm bitter. But read my posts. I'm obviously a fairly intelligent person. I stand up for legitimacy, and I give a darn about others. So why don't I have any friends? Sure, I'm not perfect. But why should I have to be? Why do some of the liars out there have more friends than an honest person? Of COURSE they have a better attitude than I do, they're GETTING AWAY with lying. It's really easy to be all smug and happy when you're totally pwning the people who are doing it the legit way, and getting away with it.

Ok, I'm still confused. Who are you accusing of lying anyways?

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah, very funny.

Just because someone thinks deeply on a topic doesn't mean they're crazy.

Do you all honestly think the above cases never happen? Are you all guilt-free about such matters? Have you NEVER ONCE been friends with a player for your sole benefit? I'm here to try to put a stop to it, to get people TO THINK about the harm that causes so they stop doing it.

It made me, a normally nice player, quit in frustration, and feel deeply hurt that even people in an ONLINE game only care about material things. It's really quite depressing to see that we can't get over our vice of materialism even in a fictional world.

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 08:13 PM
If people really wanted rares that bad they'd just get someone to dupe them one. Most people that want a legit one would rather find it themselves then have someone give it to them.

And no, I don't think you're fairly intellgent. I think you have way too much time on your hands to give a fuck what other people do. It's also your opinion if you think someone is a liar or not. I can point to anyone and say they never truely found any of their rares. Would it mean anything? I'll let you guess.

I'm usually willing to help anyone on PSO, but in this case I would say fuck off and leave.

edit: Humans are naturally self centered. Simple enough. I would push you out of the way so I could get a dollar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-04-20 18:16 ]</font>

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:15 PM
I'm not accusing anyone specificially.

All I'm saying is that it's VERY LIKELY that some people have lied about finds, and have gotten away with it.

Because it could theoretically be ANYONE who lied, we should never use items as a basis of worth/friendship. We should only choose our friends on the qualities we can be certain of.

The way I see it. Person A says they found a great item. There is, suppose, a slight chance this person lied about it. Yet there's no way to go about proving it, so he gets all the love and attention from the board, just like a legit person. It sucks because, in reality, if we KNEW what the person was like (a liar), we wouldn't be his friend.

Whereas a person like myself, who is honest, yet bitter, goes friendless because he notices a trend. He sees that "people who find good rares get friends", so naturally, some people are going to lie for the popularity. So while I sink to the bottom as one of the most hated users for being honest, they are praised. And they sit and laugh, seeing that they get friends for being a liar, while the man who tries to point out the truth gets flayed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 18:18 ]</font>

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:16 PM
Sorry double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 18:17 ]</font>

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 08:18 PM
If everyone doubted everything everyone else said this world would be an aweful place.

Course. It's a world you want. So it must be right and just.

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:20 PM
No. I'm not saying you have to openly profess your doubt. I'm just saying item wealth should never be a determining factor in the quality of a person. Yet on this board it IS.

Perhaps the reason you're getting so angry and defensive is because you do the exact thing I pointed out? Maybe you should stop bashing me and take a moment. Imagine someone other than myself pointing this out to you, how would you respond?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 18:22 ]</font>

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 08:21 PM
When has it been? Have you ever talked to someone like Kef?

Again, what you have experienced doesn't reflect the whole world.

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 08:23 PM
So, if there's no one specific you're pinning this on, then we're supposed to doubt all the rare drops, because we have no proof if they're real or just a cry for attention?

And since we have no proof that you're are honest or legit, then obviously you are a liar and unlegit.

Is that your point? :l

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:24 PM
Well then I guess I've just had bad experiences, and thus have a bad impression of the average PSO player.

I shouldn't be hated just because I had a materialistic set of friends. If this had happened to anyone else, they probably would have reacted the same way.

If anything take pity on me for my unfortunate state. Hopefully when I get back on PSO again someday, I'll meet some better people.

Instead of saying "No, fuck off." Think for a moment. What if you played with some people for a long time and found out they were never good friends? Wouldn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth? Can I really be accused of handling this "poorly"? Would any other person handle something like this well? How is one supposed to have faith in people when 100% of his experience has been contradictory to what you've all been telling me?

And since we have no proof that you're are honest or legit, then obviously you are a liar and unlegit.

Is that your point? :l

The point is that congratulations and praise aren't necessary for items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2005-04-20 18:25 ]</font>

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 08:29 PM
I'm not dumb. It's quite obvious when someone is just trying to greater themselves.

All my true friends on PSO I keep in touch with. Whether it be an IM, message board or IRC.

Hell. I still have some people in FFXI who want me to come back. It's really just because you have bad people skills. If you go about "ZOMG THTS NOT LEGIT USUK!" of course people aren't going to like you. Saying that, I don't know if you were always like this or not. But from what I have seen you are just an instagator.

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 08:30 PM
Ok, this will seem really weird, but I'm gonna try to apply this to the topic.

Say, a man and woman try to conceive a child (I know what you're thinking, "WTF?!" just wait it out). Or, you have 2 groups. A and B.

Group A had troubles in the beginning, but after some dedication and hard work (You won't believe how weird this is to type http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), the lady gets pregant and have a child. There's congradulations.

Groub B, lady gets pregant after very short time. There's still congradulations.

The point? Group A worked really hard for what they wanted. In PSO, a lot of players genuinley work hard for their rares. Group B got lucky. In PSO, a lot of players get lucky.

I know, my example is really weird, even (Especially) for me.

RedSchwar
Apr 20, 2005, 08:32 PM
Forget it. You just don't get it.

I already said I didn't get really mad and bitter until I realized that's how my friends were.

As you can tell, I at least know how to construct good sentences and thoughts, so I obviously was NOT lacking in people skills.

Also, when a person is burned by someone, and they NATURALLY become bitter, does that necessairly mean they lack people skills? Are we supposed to be HAPPY and keep on trusting everyone when crap like that happens?

PJ
Apr 20, 2005, 08:34 PM
On 2005-04-20 18:32, RedSchwar wrote:
As you can tell, I at least know how to construct good sentences and thoughts, so I obviously was NOT lacking in people skills.

There's a difference in passing an English class and good people skills. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ABDUR101
Apr 20, 2005, 08:36 PM
How about just dealing with it? Shit happens, there are shitty people all over the net who will take advantage of anyone if they get the chance.

Is it a pain in the ass when they're around? Yeah. Should you be upset when they show their true colors? No. Atleast you finally get to see them for who they are and can say "Well, fuck it, they weren't worth having as a friend anyway"

Why bother asking why you don't have many friends? Maybe tell yourself you haven't met anyone worth being your friend.

Who cares who has more friends? Maybe all those "friends" they have will leave them just as easily once the person stops having something they all want or desire?

It's not the quantity, it's the quality.

Online I have friends, offline I don't. I look at it as better to have few or no friends than a bunch of people that aren't worth a damn.

If you have a problem with the people that traverse this forum, go elsewhere. You're not going to change them, they are who they are, just as you who you are. I'm sure there are worse places to post and more idiotic and retarded people to deal with elsewhere.

And I'm sure it hasn't just happened to you, you're not the first person to find out people they thought were true, close friends, weren't that at all.

TheOneHero
Apr 20, 2005, 08:47 PM
I found this today from my 4th Pal Rappy: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/PSO/AngelHarp1.png

Everyone praise me! Be my friend! Look at such an awesome find! I must be great! Worship me! Bow down before me!

Oh wait, I lied.

Seriously, grow up.

Blitzkommando
Apr 20, 2005, 08:48 PM
We all want what we can't or don't have. In your case, you wanted attention. You've got it. Now it seems you want to change people's minds to your own beliefs. In that case, you want something you cannot possibly have, control of free will.

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2005, 08:55 PM
You can really be bitter all you want.

I can't guarentee you'll make a whole lot of friends though.

If any. Change is good, no?

^-^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-04-20 19:32 ]</font>

Solstis
Apr 20, 2005, 09:28 PM
On 2005-04-20 18:08, Solstis wrote:
There are issues here that ranting on a board cannot fix.

Seek a psychiatrist, or someone who thinks of themselves as one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-04-20 18:11 ]</font>

I wasn't kidding.

You have a bitter feeling, almost paranoia, to people that you meet, online or off, due to past experiences.

Your moral crusade sounds like a cry for help. Get some.

Or, find some people that give a damn about what's important in life, not little trinkets and wealth.

Skorpius
Apr 20, 2005, 09:31 PM
This topic is as useless as this post?

navci
Apr 21, 2005, 12:42 PM
Damn you Saffwin and PF having the same avatar now. For the longest time I thought PJ was talking to himself.

On topic, I agree with Solstis. I think you are transferring your real life problems into your online gaming experience. Don't think you are doing yourself or others any good. Stressing out and getting angry like that.

Kef find things. I don't. I complain to Kef about it and call him names. But well, it happens. What can you do.

As is life. Shit life happens. People find jobs, relationships, monies, good fortune. I don't. Well. It happens, what can you do but keep going on? Being jealous and bitter and paranoid doesn't help. Sure, I'd like to be born into a rich family and have loads of cash that I will never have to work again. And those people get it easy by just borning into the right family. Well. What do you do? Nothing you can do to change what family you are born into. Stressing and complaining and cursing people over it only hurts YOU.

I like PJ's example. Funny coming from PJ. *thumbs up*

Hrith
Apr 21, 2005, 02:18 PM
If that makes you feel better, I was recently dumped, and I have been looking for a job for 6 months.

Yeah I found some shit, but I played PSO for over 6000 hours, I never looked down on anybody for not investing so much time as me in this game.
Nor did I gloat about my rares, except 3 or 4 Like Handgun: Guld (who wouldn't? >_>).

But yeah, like it was said, I don't think people play with me thinking "ZOMG I'LL GO PLAY WITH THE GUY THAT HAS A LEGIT GULD MILLA LOL". I really don't.

That was for me.

As for you, you have plenty of replies already, read them carefully. You're thinking a lot, and mainly about the wrong things; if all that energy was put into thinking about things more appropriate, you may feel better.

I mean, saying "feeling great about a virtual weapon on a dying game" is the same thing as "feeling great about having a good job", it's all relative.

Daikarin
Apr 21, 2005, 03:06 PM
The game is much more than getting the weapon. It's the journey to it too.

RedSchwar
Apr 21, 2005, 04:35 PM
Well, alright.

Everyone here SAYS they don't base their friends on usefulness, so I guess I'll see if it's true when I play PSO: BB. But people have a habit of saying one thing and then doing another.

Hopefully I just had some bad luck.

ABDUR101
Apr 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
So you're basing what we do with what everyone else might or might not do?

Dood, take a hint. Everyone is different. You're going to come across people who use you, and you're going to come across people who enjoy your company and don't give a damn if all you have is a damn Saber +1.

And by the way, you're using the word "friend" far too lightly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-04-21 15:28 ]</font>