PDA

View Full Version : Square Dancing is evil

Kidou
Apr 22, 2005, 05:48 PM
For those who don't know, I'm a Junior in High School in a little town in New York. Since I was little (like kindergarden little), we have been forced to square dance. That is like 12ish years of dancing, isn't it?

I don't mind line dancing, or swing. But does anyone out there like to square dance? No.. somepeople like it slightly.. but I mean people who are just like "YES!! Square dancing.."

Those people make me want to blow up the world.
Gahhh!! Who invented square dancing? -Glares- Well?! WELL? oh well.. I'm off back to FKL

Sagasu
Apr 22, 2005, 05:55 PM
Dont you just love it when the teachers start 'dancing' as well? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wish they didnt try to force you into that kind of stuff, threatening to lower your grade for not bending to their will. ._.

Kidou
Apr 22, 2005, 05:59 PM
I know. And what is worse, is if your best friend who you have a deal with to dance with, so you don't have to dance with the smelly kid isn't there one day.

And you dodge the smelly kid, because of the stupid ass rule "You can't say no to an invite to dance..." and end up having to dance with the teacher. I've only had to dance with him once, but still. Eww old dude touching you...

Tact
Apr 22, 2005, 06:02 PM
Once, my school had a professional square dance caller. We ended up playing "Simon Says" with square dancing, and we ended up square dancing to the Mickey Mouse March. -_- Except, he wouldn't spell out Mickey Mouse. He'd spell out Donald Duck's name.

Kidou
Apr 22, 2005, 06:09 PM
I am sorry Tact. But still, gahhh.

And the records that are SO old, you heard them as achild.. and they are so scratchy, you can't understand... but you know the words anyways!

Sagasu
Apr 22, 2005, 06:14 PM
I usually walked off to the side and let them yell at me, halfway because I'm terrible at any form of dancing and halfway because I really hated it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kidou
Apr 22, 2005, 06:17 PM
Here, if you refuse.. they will either send you to the office. Or if they are feeling really mean, they will make the class sit and watch you dance.. with the teacher to this really messed up song that is uber lame.. and should just... break and die.

Tact
Apr 22, 2005, 07:03 PM
That is worse than dancing, Kidou. And something I'd like to see a couple of people in my school have to do...*snicker*

Kidou
Apr 22, 2005, 07:12 PM
Tact, it sucks really bad.

KodiaX987
Apr 22, 2005, 08:27 PM
What kind of fuckshit school forces its students to square dance? Call the cops and say you're being held prisoner by a bunch of obsolete idiots.

Kidou
Apr 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
I should. Once a kid called in a bomb threat..

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 23, 2005, 06:02 AM
I went through Chorus for 6 years.

They're trying to brainwash you by singing crappy songs for an hour a day. No one had a great voice and you were the super nerd if you were singing the whole time. If you didn't then the teacher would look at you funny, get your attention and force you to just lip synch, since you couldn't hear yourself sing anyway.

Was terrible when kids 11-12 years old had to sing Sesame Street, but one of the reasons why I remember "C is for Cookie!, Good enough for me!" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Also Square dancing I had to do in 4th grade. Only one year, so I toughed it out. I should have done what Sagasu did though. I couldn't hold a dance routine for a full 30 minutes at a time.

An explanation of behavior to someone(principal/teacher) is simple enough:

I didn't participate? Wasn't a sheep? We do get to make choices you know, and this choice of not dancing won't kill anyone. I don't see how square dancing is learning anything important.

Kidou
Apr 23, 2005, 11:09 AM
I'm in chorus, but we call it something I can't spell.. becausewe are the kids with the good voices. I love to sings, but when we are singing 10 songs, and more the half are songs about God... and half of us don't believe in God.. and when we complain, the teacher bitches for a hour na d half of our classthat we are worthless bunch of kids who don't know anything. That is fun... >____<