PDA

View Full Version : Estimation of value of a Baranz Launcher...

MT7218
Apr 26, 2005, 01:14 AM
Can anyone give me a good estimation of how much a Baranz Launcher is worth in, say, grinders? PDs? Mix of the two? Seeing as I'm needing grinders badly (frikken SRank gun...), I might consider trading this sucker off (Non-legits need not apply), if the value given to me seems to be worth it or not in my eyes...

Sitka
Apr 26, 2005, 10:49 AM
Parts of Baranz is fairly difficult to come by and on a ranger with high ATA or with a high dex max, the charge special can do quite a bit of damage.

That said, it's still not considered one of the elite guns given the other choices due to its slow firing action and 0 %'s.

Still, for someone that really wants that weapon, it should be worth a wheelbarrow full of grinders which are quite easy to accumulate if one is playing a lot or making high-enemy count runs like MA. I would probably suggest asking for 100+ grinders (total combined of monos, dis & tris).

Legit PD's are a bit more difficult to come by. Whereas I can accumulate close to 100 grinders (combined total grinds)in an active week, I'll probably get closer to around 10-12 PD's. So, maybe 20-30 legit PD's would be a nice offer from someone who really wants that weapon.

It comes down to how valuable that weapon is to someone and whether they really don't need the grinders/PD's. That is, of course, assuming they are legit.

Hope that helps.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phoenixrage
May 4, 2005, 09:35 PM
I don't know, Sitka. I have two baranz launchers (one with adjusted %s courtesy of West Tower and phodrops), and I could never trade my extra one for just photon drops or grinders. So I'd have to agree with Sitka on the "depends how badly they want it part," but I'd aim a little higher with the amount of grinders/phodrops to ask for. Combined with a God/Battle and God/Luck this thing hands out some beautiful damage in the Mines.

MT7218
May 5, 2005, 02:56 PM
I think I'm gonna just keep the launcher, as I finally managed to fully grind my SRank gun (+200, right?), and I have about 15-17 PDs now... (33-35 PDs more for my future Zalure J Cutter... ._.)