PDA

View Full Version : so I got my hair cut

PhotonDrop
Apr 26, 2005, 02:02 PM
by someone who did her job the wrong way.

It started when I went to the Hair Cuttery:

girl at the desk: hello, how can I help you?
me: hi, I need a cut and have my hair thinned out
girl: alright, someone will be right with you
me: thanks
barber: *comes up front* anyone else waiting?
girl: she is *points in my direction*
barber: oh, well come on back

How could she not see me? I hadn't even sat down yet.

barber: so whatcha want?
me: just an inch and a half off the front and 5 off the back.
barber: ...thats not telling me much.
me: what do you mean? I told you exactly what I wanted.
barber: well I have some pictures of styles, could you look through them and point out what you want?
me: ...sure

I see one picture that looks exactly like my normal hair and point to it, she says "okay" and turns the chair around. After a few minutes she turns me back around and I see that the hair in the front had too much taken off and the hairline is all wrong, half of it's straight and the other is knicked and uneven.

Sure, no big deal, I could touch it up at home, and hair always grows back, but the lady that tended to my hair did her job wrong.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 26, 2005, 02:15 PM
That's happened to me before. I don't go to certain Barber Shops anymore because I don't want to end up with a crooked hairline and hair coming out of nowhere.

Daikarin
Apr 26, 2005, 02:17 PM
Well, honestly I don't complain much. I just go there, ask to get it cut, give no details, and they cut it. Always ends up good, and I've had the same cut for nearly 20 years http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

But there was this time where she got me wrong. It was no problem, since I asked my mother to shape it right.

Next time, when you see that it's going wrong, don't hesitate to say so.

TheOneHero
Apr 26, 2005, 03:49 PM
I once asked that my hair be trimmed on the top, and cut shorter from the top-down. (So it looks pretty even)

When they were done, I was bald.

Thank you!
> Great Clips

(Great Clips my ass)

Kidou
Apr 26, 2005, 06:32 PM
Just got my hair dyed and cut. It came out very good. But I have had bad hairstyles. Bleh. My "Aunt" tried to perm my hair. Ended up with a POOF.. I cried because I looked like a poodle. Never going to her again.

Scrub
Apr 26, 2005, 06:45 PM
That's the punishment you get for going to get your hair cut. >=( I haven't gotten a hair cut in over a year now, and I dont plan to get one for another few.

KodiaX987
Apr 26, 2005, 06:49 PM
I once got my hair cut by my mother's cousin.

BAD IDEA.

I told her what I wanted: short at the bottom, gradually longer towards the top.

She talked to my mom the whole way through.

Grabbed the clipper and put a suspicious-looking clip on it.

And then proceeded to give me an 8-ball cut without ever looking at me once.

When I got in the car, I asked mom why all the fucking idiots were on her side of the family.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 26, 2005, 06:53 PM
My mom cuts my hair. I don't trust anyone else...not even myself with cutting my hair.

hyperacute
Apr 26, 2005, 08:15 PM
Stopped having mine cut about 10 years ago. It looks better long anyway and saves me a fortune...

Nai_Calus
Apr 26, 2005, 09:08 PM
It's impossible to fuck up my hair. It's not a buzz cut, but it's not much longer. We go to the local barber shop. 10 bucks including 2$ tip, and my hair looks fine.

I used to have it to mid-back. Argh. Hate. It looked like crap, too, because my hair is curly and really, really thin.

Ryna
Apr 27, 2005, 01:42 PM
On 2005-04-26 19:08, Ian-KunX wrote:
It's impossible to fuck up my hair.

So says the guy with the alien blue hair....http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheAntagonist
Apr 27, 2005, 03:41 PM
Hooray for not cutting your hair! REBEL AGAINST THE KILLING SCISSORS!

Wyndham
Apr 27, 2005, 10:55 PM
On 2005-04-27 13:41, TheAntagonist wrote:
Hooray for not cutting your hair! REBEL AGAINST THE KILLING SCISSORS!

I cut my own hair, and it tough. i cut it in the morning, and finish at night to see if it fits my everyday life. as in": ot too long, inobstructive, good looking, etc.