PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

Para
May 4, 2005, 03:06 PM
working on the banners and etc... any ideas on what to fix besides the screenshot sizes etc http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dhylec
May 4, 2005, 03:37 PM
go for it!
no wait, hold on!
er.. nevermind..
>.>

Para
May 4, 2005, 03:41 PM
o_Oa;

I might change the layout to make it more 1024 res monitor friendly...

maybe ill upload a clip of a music track from ep4 too.... and i did say clip >_>

Skorpius
May 4, 2005, 04:27 PM
How about PSO themed banners!?

geewj
May 4, 2005, 05:14 PM
Change the background to something a little more pasive and that repeates better (solid color or small pattern).

Change the text color, or find a background that looks good with it.

There is a start.

Para
May 4, 2005, 06:00 PM
ew solid colours suck and ill think about a pattern but i havent found any site with good ones...

geewj
May 4, 2005, 06:12 PM
On 2005-05-04 16:00, Nites wrote:
ew solid colours suck and ill think about a pattern but i havent found any site with good ones...

I don't think, given your background choice, you are in any position to say any background sucks.

Para
May 4, 2005, 06:33 PM
Whether the background sucks or not is objective you know. The background looks nice itself but in this situation not really.

Sef
May 4, 2005, 06:37 PM
And we're talking about this situation.

geewj
May 4, 2005, 06:40 PM
On 2005-05-04 16:33, Nites wrote:
The background looks nice itself but in this situation not really.

Lo and behold, my initial point.

Para
May 4, 2005, 07:03 PM
But my argument was saying that I do have a position to say any background sucks not specific to this situation since you only said background sucks and did not indicate that it was for this situation only. Frankly I don't think its that bad.

RicoRoyal
May 4, 2005, 07:18 PM
It sucks, now and forever. Better?

Mixfortune
May 4, 2005, 07:34 PM
Guess what, Nites?
You're not the only one that can do what you can do!
Just as how you can have opinions on certain matters, others can to! Oh snap.

But considering this is for suggestions for your site...

And

Whether the background sucks or not is objective you know.

So is almost everything you're asking about, y'know?
Just because it's a suggestion doesn't mean you have to take it. They're suggestions. Don't want suggestions, don't ask for them...

And the background sucks.

PhotonDrop
May 4, 2005, 08:16 PM
Wow.

Para
May 4, 2005, 08:53 PM
lol im not saying people can't have opinions but how about providing constructive opinions and suggestions.

How does the background suck?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-05-04 18:54 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
May 4, 2005, 09:00 PM
We'll provide constructive opinions as soon as you learn how to respond to said opinions.

On 2005-05-04 16:00, Nites wrote:
ew solid colours suck

How do solid colours suck?

Mixfortune
May 4, 2005, 09:48 PM
On 2005-05-04 18:53, Nites wrote:
lol im not saying people can't have opinions but how about providing constructive opinions and suggestions.

How does the background suck?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-05-04 18:54 ]</font>

The background you have now would be better:

If it didn't have that leaf.
If it actually wrapped correctly instead of having a cut line.
If the color of everything else didn't clash with it.

The point was, it's amusing how you commented about solid colors sucking when the background you had wasn't much better off as it was, but then referred to it being subjective, and the background you had not being so good... which was what they were saying in the first place.

Even if something is subjective, if it's a subjective thing more people would tend to like, then it's better off, right? Well, that's what the suggestions are based off of.

Otherwise there'd be no need for discussion on it at all, and it we can most likely just end it right here and get nowhere. Keep an open mind about it. Trying stuff doesn't mean keeping stuff. Try various solid backgrounds, tiled backgrounds, whatever else. If you really do want the background you have now, experiment with text colors that don't conflict with it so much.

Para
May 4, 2005, 10:52 PM
Solid backgrounds just not my taste. Not to mention it seems dull to have a solid background. There's no action no imagery involved... Solid colour background wouldbe better only if the site had more detail else where but that is not the case at the moment.

Skorpius
May 4, 2005, 11:06 PM
You asked for opinions, and explainations, and you got them.

EDITED: To be nicer. Rofl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-04 21:07 ]</font>

Para
May 4, 2005, 11:37 PM
On 2005-05-04 21:06, Skorpius wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-04 21:07 ]</font>
I got explanations after I asked for them.. well most of them ;O

Mixfortune
May 4, 2005, 11:43 PM
On 2005-05-04 21:37, Nites wrote:

On 2005-05-04 21:06, Skorpius wrote:

I got explanations after I asked for them.. well most of them ;O

They did... if you look hard enough.

geewj
May 5, 2005, 06:39 AM
The background is louder than your page.

If I go to a site, the thing that should catch my eye is the information, not the background.

Plus, the background makes a lot of the text hard to read, and the links almost impossible.

The background does not repeat well.

Your problem with solid backgrounds is that they are too boring?

Well it's not the backgrounds job to make the site fun and interesting. That is what content is for.

Don't try and make your background more interesting than your content unless you are making a site about backgrounds.

Para
May 5, 2005, 07:10 PM
hmm.. not bad.. food for thought.

Though this still leaves me a problem with where can i find a site with good pattern background stuff

J3553
May 5, 2005, 09:17 PM
I'll be honest, your site isn't very usable. The text is hard to read, the PSO snapshots take a long time to load on a broadband connection, and the background is...http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyhow, please don't be offended. It reminds me of some of my first web pages, you get better with time. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Some helpful links:

Color Schemer (http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html)

I don't personally use many background tiles, but a quick Google search led me to this site. It looks ok.
http://jambas-tiles.jambas-emporium.com/

Hope this helps. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EphekZ
May 5, 2005, 09:24 PM
On 2005-05-04 14:27, Skorpius wrote:
How about PSO themed banners!? Backrounds!
That isnt to harmful to the eye

Para
May 5, 2005, 11:33 PM
not bad thanks http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif