PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Roads

TheOneHero
May 6, 2005, 02:51 PM
Adler road, the road leading to my Sub-division Deer Field Woods. A shit road, with loads of potholes. Yay.

One part, just about 30 feet from the 'Division Entrance, had potholes up to 6 inches deep. Yay.

Well, how the roads are repaired here is:

Pothole.
Fill.
Don't pack down the asphalt.
Hope cars don't run over it.
Come back a week later and refill, a much larger hole.
Repeat.

There are litterly, LEVELS on road, all packed together to form one giant shit road. To get what I'm talking about, look below:

Normal Road:

-------------------------------------------- Nice eh?

Michigan Road:

______ __ __ _ _ ___________ _ _ _ --
------_______--__--_-_-_-----------___-_-_-__ WTF eh?

Yeah, moving on. These people, are so fucking lazy. Instead of just taking up the whole fucking road, and doing a good job; not having to repair the road again for at least another 5 years. They don't

What gets me even more is they don't fucking pack down the asphalt. Sure, they have the machine, but are they just too fucking stupid to work that big wheel on the front? Or do they just want to squirt the shit down, and leave?

You know, the residents ARE FUCKING PAYING for you to do A GOOD JOB!

When they don't pack it, and no matter how slow myself, or someone else goes; we get that fucking asphalt kicked up into our cars.

Yeah I know: "go a different route" Thing is, ALL the roads I've seen here are like this or worse.

Here are a few pictures of Adler Road:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/Michigan/Adler1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/Michigan/Adler2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/Michigan/Adler3.jpg

And that's just that given area on that road.

Temperance, another road I travel quite often has many long/deep/wide ditches on the side. If you go in one of these good luck getting out alive.

What makes it even more fun to travel on, is if you hit a pothole: You can fucking fly off the road into these ditches!

And the potholes, aren't spaced pretty far from the other. Oh no, it's just a matter of inches. Yay.

Fuck you Michigan.
Fuck you road-workers.
Fuck you and you shittacular road service.

Skorpius
May 6, 2005, 03:22 PM
Welcome to 'Minor Sidestreets of the Suburbs'.

TheOneHero
May 6, 2005, 03:25 PM
On 2005-05-06 13:22, Skorpius wrote:
Welcome to 'Minor Sidestreets of the Suburbs'.

It's not just 'minor sidestreets' All of monroe is like this.

TrekkiesUnite
May 6, 2005, 03:31 PM
our roads used to be that bad so we complained to the township and they eventually fixed them, just complain and have patience, it will get fixed eventually.

Pagit
May 6, 2005, 03:46 PM
Pennsylvania roads are the awful, too. In surveys, truckers continually say that PA's roads are among the worst in the country. I have to agree with them.

Deuce
May 6, 2005, 03:54 PM
Come down closer to the Ohio border and the roads get worse.

Saiffy
May 6, 2005, 03:55 PM
A fuck load of roads are like this.

Unless the road is used a lot, there's a good chance it will look like that road.

Dangerous55
May 6, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-05-06 13:46, Pagit wrote:
Pennsylvania roads are the awful, too. In surveys, truckers continually say that PA's roads are among the worst in the country. I have to agree with them.

Yeah, we have the worst roads, especially Schuylkill County.

KodiaX987
May 6, 2005, 08:43 PM
Come to Quebec, people. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll make you understand why we all drive 4x4s around here.

Ness
May 7, 2005, 02:39 PM
There are several roads over here that aren't even paved.

Pagit
May 7, 2005, 04:13 PM
We have two seasons in PA: winter and construction. We also had a state slogan contest, and my favorite one was "Pennsylvania: If the taxes don't kill you, the potholes will." Too bad it didn't win.

Hrigg
May 7, 2005, 06:13 PM
Heh, that looks like the road going to my school. The road is terrible. There is tons of potholes and stuff that should be fixed, but they never fix it.

Logical2u
May 7, 2005, 08:12 PM
Along the lines of Shurikane: TOH: Are you sure you're in the USA? Because they look like Canadian roads.
Other than that, you could complain to congress?

Blitzkommando
May 8, 2005, 10:51 AM
Don't think roads get better anywhere else. Dayton area of Ohio is prime example of how not to pave roads. We still have some cobblestone roads, outside the historical districts... Interstate-675 goes right through Dayton, and it was started in the mid-80s, and is still unfinished. Hell, they have been repairing the work that was finished for the last 10 years or so. The problem is there is no set uniform standard for roadsystems in the US. The methods used here are, like you say, layering. Old road goes out it generally just gets paved over. Meh, and people wonder why SUVs and 4x4s are so popular for cities.

TheOneHero
May 8, 2005, 11:07 AM
On 2005-05-07 18:12, Logical2u wrote:
Along the lines of Shurikane: TOH: Are you sure you're in the USA? Because they look like Canadian roads.
Other than that, you could complain to congress?

Yes, I am in USA. .-.

Everywhere else I lived roads have been extremely good. *

I should go complain to someone, since it does get really dangerous at times. (roads are so bad, if you hit a bad spot you can ctach air and go right into an oncoming car. Or go off the road entirely.)

* Indiana roads fucking owned! Re-did every 3 years, road completely dug up and paved down again. Asphalt is packed nice and neat. If something was wrong, road crews would be out shortly to dig up that secition of road (even if it wasn't needed) and re-do the whole thing.

Scrub
May 8, 2005, 11:34 AM
On 2005-05-06 17:56, Dangerous55 wrote:

Yeah, we have the worst roads, especially Schuylkill County.

Haha, I just moved back to Schuylkill a few months ago and I'd have to agree.<_< I'm not eager to learn how to drive on these roads, especially since all this BS construction moves around way too fast at the most inconvenient times and places.>_<;

Dangerous55
May 8, 2005, 01:27 PM
On 2005-05-08 09:34, GreyPhantasm wrote:

Haha, I just moved back to Schuylkill a few months ago and I'd have to agree.<_< I'm not eager to learn how to drive on these roads, especially since all this BS construction moves around way too fast at the most inconvenient times and places.>_<;

I can dodge potholes at 50 MPH...heh. What part do you live in?

Skett
May 13, 2005, 10:57 PM
I'm sorry you don't like our roads. See, us Michigan citizens have other things to worry about, like hoping that are schools don't close and hoping that more companies don't move to Mexico and lay off several thousand employees. Not to mention that we are just getting out of this recession that the rest of the country seems to have passed already.

Roads are the least of our problems. Really, we seem to be working on stopping problems that will effect us in the long term and not something to do with our stupid cars. You don't like it? Than get the piss out of our state.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2005-05-13 20:59 ]</font>

TheOneHero
May 14, 2005, 11:19 AM
On 2005-05-13 20:57, Skett wrote:
You don't like it? Than get the piss out of our state.

That's not all I don't like about Michigan. ;p

And actually, I want to get out, but unable to do so for 2 more years. Fun.