PDA

View Full Version : I just want it to go away...

Saiffy
May 13, 2005, 07:56 AM
Ok, last night me and my dad got in a fight because he's clearly disappointed in me, in what I've become, and he doesn't like that I'm not following in his foot steps, continuing what he started.

I have my own beliefs, my own dreams, fuck off.

He threatened to kick me out, but didn't. We just aren't on speaking terms.

I could just apologize, but no. He's not winning that easilly.

Basically with all this happening, I probablly won't be around much if at all. And to PJ, TOH and Maridia, sorry I left you three on such bad terms, don't worry about me though. I'll be okay.

Daikarin
May 13, 2005, 08:00 AM
You can't imagine the fight I had with my dad once, before entering college. I felt like hitting him for what he did to me and others, but also felt horrible for thinking that way.

Now that I'm mature, legally individual, he STILLS bug me from time to time about matters of the kind. But he's my father, I have to respect him and put up with some stuff. But of course, up to a limit.

But it's not his fault that he's narrow-minded. Think about that, think about the generation your father is from, and give him time to develop his thoughts.

Neith
May 13, 2005, 08:45 AM
Fights with your family are a bitch, but unavoidable sometimes. For me, its hard to get me angry, but once I've been worked up enough, I'll just lash out at anyone. I really hate doing it, one such time resulted in me going at my brother, if I hadnt have let go of him, I could have badly hurt him. It scares me that I own a sword, when I can be really violent.. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

As for parents, Ive only been in a brawl with my parents once, and it's an event Id rather forget. As Even_Jin said, your father is from a generation with their own beliefs, different to yours. You need to respect his beliefs, but he should be willing to respect yours too, otherwise you may get further and further apart. They say that time is a healer, so just stay clear of him for a while, until you can both come to terms with what you need to do.

astuarlen
May 13, 2005, 03:29 PM
Pretty much agree with what Jin and Uriko have said already. Family fights are the worst kind, and I've certainly had my fill of such conflicts.

Now, I don't know your particular situation, so it would be dangerous for me to assume anything, including what the source of the problem is. However...

I could just apologize, but no. He's not winning that easilly.
This is really not the best attitude to take. I know, sometimes problems go deep enough so as to make apologies futile, but not knowing all the facts I have to suppose it could help. If you both take this "I'm not letting him win that easily" attitude, you're headed for more conflict and pain. It isn't a competition, and it shouldn't be some stupid power struggle to see who "gives in" first. So, please, if possible, consider making the first move by apologizing. If nothing else, it demonstrates maturity on your part.

Good luck. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saiffy
May 13, 2005, 03:34 PM
It's risen to the point where it's beyond him winning if I apologize, it's kind of hard to say your sorry to someone who just 7 hours or so ago called you a "little fuck", and that was the last thing I heard him say. So unless he's had a revelation in that time, it's going to be hard to say it.

Neith
May 13, 2005, 03:40 PM
On 2005-05-13 13:34, Saiffwin wrote:
It's risen to the point where it's beyond him winning if I apologize, it's kind of hard to say your sorry to someone who just 7 hours or so ago called you a "little fuck", and that was the last thing I heard him say. So unless he's had a revelation in that time, it's going to be hard to say it.

Eh, that's pretty sad he's calling you that. I can see why you don't want to apologise yet. Just give it time I guess. Sorry I can't help out more http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saiffy
May 13, 2005, 05:20 PM
Yay for me having to be the bigger man, again.

Said I was sorry, not entirely sure if I meant it, but if it brings peace to this house it must be good.