Skorpius: UNLESS IT LANDS IN WATER
Skorpius: THEN ITS SEAFOOD
Skorpius: And how the FUCK would Trout be seafood
Skorpius: if its a freshwater fish?
Skorpius: :|
Melanie: *comes back and punts you into bed*
Skorpius: im laughing my ass off
Skorpius: *makes a rant

I think that covers it. I hate the classification of 'seafood'.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
May 14, 2005, 04:16 AM
Yep. My parents were pretty upity about me complaining about being alergic to fish. But then I'd go and eat Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, and scalops. They're NOT FISH damnit! They may be "seafood", but they're NOT fish. When I say I'm alergic to fish I mean the thing with Gills Fins and Scales.

Thinking back even Tuna made me feel pretty bad. They took the hint when I started swelling badly from that fish sauce. Just the aroma produced by fried catfish made me have severe trouble breathing.

agenevil
May 14, 2005, 02:34 PM
Remember 'chicken of the sea'? Yeah. That about sums it all up.

TheOneHero
May 14, 2005, 02:54 PM
Some people lack in Brain-Food.

Evil_Althena8
May 14, 2005, 05:01 PM
I hate all seafood, especially crab, lobster, clams, shrimp, etc. I will try just about anything...but those make me cringe. Fish is ok, but I still don't really care for the taste.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 14, 2005, 05:08 PM
"Shellfish"
"Crustaceans"

Shellfish allergies are common. No worries about the seafood classification. There's fish out there that can eat you(pirahnas immediately come to mind), so no biggie.

OMFG, you eat raw fish?!
Now that's a rant.

Maridia
May 15, 2005, 12:28 PM
I can stomach certain fish like salmon and pickeral. Maybe others, but a lot of other types of FOOD FROM THE SEA (*punches skorp)* reacts violently with my stomach. And god, lobsters are so cute. How could anyone eat them? :<

Skorpius
May 15, 2005, 12:36 PM
What also pisses me off is how people think EGGS are DAIRY. How in the fuck are chickens DAIRY?

Dairy = Milk Products (Such as MILK, Cheese, certain Yogurts and Ice Creams)

Eggs = MEAT

Saiffy
May 15, 2005, 12:41 PM
I like lobster.

I hate all other forms of "seafood".

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

navci
May 15, 2005, 12:49 PM
Man. Nobody lives on the coast?
I love all sorts of "seafood". http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Fishes, shellfishes, other stuff. :> Granted, I do believe it is an acquired taste if you didn't grow up on the coast and have had these things as you are growing up. Some of the shellfish might be kinda scary and hard to swallow.

Growing up on the coast AND having fish as one of the main dish almost every other day when I was a kid. Suprisingly that I am still insanely in love with "seafood" (okay, you hate the categorization, but what else would you call them? waterfood? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif). All except oyster. Especially the way they are usually served, raw, gelatinously in its shell with the odour that you can smell from two rooms away. That, I still can't bring myself to eat it.

ABDUR101
May 15, 2005, 12:59 PM
Kinda makes me want to go fishing, heh.

Used to eat fish a lot, on fishing trips to lake Mead, we'd eat everything we caught. Mostly Crappy, Perch, Walleye and Bass. Crappy and Perch were always in supply. I can remember one outing on the boat, within 20 minutes, five of us had our lines out and within that 20 minutes we had three buckets overflowing with Crappy.

Pretty much any kind of fish is fine by me, I just load up my food with butter and seasoning. I could really go for some crablegs though.

Salmon I reaaaaly like. Shrimp are ok, as long as they're a nice size, otherwise they aren't worth the effort of de-shelling.

Mmmm, making me hungry now. =|

Maridia
May 15, 2005, 03:21 PM
I think certain things freak me out when they still resemble what they used to look like. Like when someone I'm out to dinner with orders shrimp and they come to the table, feelers and eyes and all. That had me reeling. x.x

Solstis
May 15, 2005, 04:41 PM
On 2005-05-15 10:59, ABDUR101 wrote:
Kinda makes me want to go fishing, heh.

Used to eat fish a lot, on fishing trips to lake Mead, we'd eat everything we caught. Mostly Crappy, Perch, Walleye and Bass. Crappy and Perch were always in supply. I can remember one outing on the boat, within 20 minutes, five of us had our lines out and within that 20 minutes we had three buckets overflowing with Crappy.

Pretty much any kind of fish is fine by me, I just load up my food with butter and seasoning. I could really go for some crablegs though.

Salmon I reaaaaly like. Shrimp are ok, as long as they're a nice size, otherwise they aren't worth the effort of de-shelling.

Mmmm, making me hungry now. =|

You can GET hungry? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I think that I've eaten a good majority of all "seafood," and very little of it freaks me out. Shrimp, scallops, mussels, oysters, squid, etc is all fine in my book.

I tend to dislike eating fish for some reason, though I often find it tastey.

Skorpius
May 15, 2005, 04:41 PM
If you fish in a lake, and eat the fish, that is not SEAfood. It did NOT come from the SEA. >_>

ABDUR101
May 15, 2005, 04:51 PM
On 2005-05-15 14:41, Skorpius wrote:
If you fish in a lake, and eat the fish, that is not SEAfood. It did NOT come from the SEA. >_>

If you're referring to me, no shit. I did'nt specify anything, I was relating a mere memory.

Shit man, calm down. We grasp the concept. Freshwater, saltwater. Different.

And yeah Solstis, no shit yo, hunger happens to me sometimes. ...sometimes.

Evil_Althena8
May 15, 2005, 05:13 PM
I know what Navi means. My town borders a river and I live exremely close to Lake Erie. My grandpa used to go fishing all the time. I used to eat the fish he caught...which is why I can stand freshwater fish to a certain degree. I still can't stomach shellfish...it just creeps me out.

EphekZ
May 15, 2005, 07:22 PM
I love fish and all that stuff...yea...I eat what i can get so.. yea

Ness
May 15, 2005, 07:52 PM
Sheesh, man, calm down. "Seafood" is an old term used to describe any kind of food that came from the sea. It eventually was expanded to describe all animals that live in water. Also fish is a synecdoche, it's a part of a group used to represent a whole. It's like saying you have a new set of wheel when you get a new car. Also your duck argument is invalid because duct do not live in the air and thus not worthy of the name "airfood."

Skorpius
May 15, 2005, 09:23 PM
On 2005-05-15 17:52, Ness wrote:
Sheesh, man, calm down.
This rant was more of a joke than anything else.

Rageous
May 16, 2005, 03:24 AM
since i live on the coast...i tolerate fish, but it basically has to be deep fried
fish n chips > you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rageous on 2005-05-16 01:24 ]</font>

Jive18
May 16, 2005, 04:49 PM
I'm with you Rageous, fish and chips is where it's at. I don't really live on the border of a lake or any other body of water, but me and my dad do like fish. I've tried crab, which tasted fine, but that is pretty much it for seafood besided fish. MY grandfather use to have "fish fries" a lot during the summer so I've rather taken a liking to it.

Skorpius, you have a good point about eggs being dairy. I never thought about that before. Sounds like another rant topic to me.