PDA

View Full Version : The Point of Rants...

HUcastShinobi
May 17, 2005, 05:31 PM
Is there one? People just vent here, just to get BS opinions from others and eventually get even more pissed off then they were to begin with! If you are one who has experienced this and wants to complain, please do, cause it's really retarded, cause people write posts in a manner that THEY are right and NO ONE ELSE IS. It does sound stupid, but maybe that would be more logical?

Scrub
May 17, 2005, 05:46 PM
It works.

Saiffy
May 17, 2005, 05:56 PM
Hypocrite much?

Sayara
May 17, 2005, 05:59 PM
Well, a ranter can be angry about something and yell about it. I could come here and scream that i hate everyone and how they piss me off. Thats ranting. I am indeed angered with life. I could come here every single day and rant about something i hate. Im doing what the forum suggests i do, let out my anger.

In finally, if it irks you that someone is ranting for some reason you dont like, then ignore it.

I said this to someone who had a very simular rant like yours. The rant forum is for people to get something off of their chests. Like you did before and like how i've done.
While you can be ranting about how you're a loner and i rant about paint doesn't make your rant more significant then mine, it just means its what is on our minds. If it seriously bugs you that much then why even come to read other peoples rants anyway?

Edit - Fixed my quote to make sense, removed Guilty light joke http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, added my own words.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tingle on 2005-05-17 16:20 ]</font>

Ness
May 17, 2005, 07:41 PM
This is rants. This is a place for people to vent their anger, not hold rational discussions. If you don't like it, don't post.

HUcastShinobi
May 18, 2005, 01:37 PM
the problem is that they DO post and it results in people not venting and getting pissed off even more about it because of how people do comment on how they vented...

Deathscythealpha
May 18, 2005, 01:50 PM
The point of peoples replies are normally to help cheer up the person whos ranting, point out holes in their rants to make it not seem so bad or to point out if the Ranter is just being a fucktard (Like whoever was ranting about how they nearly got beaten up for throwing stuff at moving cars).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 19, 2005, 06:26 AM
On 2005-05-18 11:37, HUcastShinobi wrote:
the problem is that they DO post and it results in people not venting and getting pissed off even more about it because of how people do comment on how they vented...

That can be a problem but the ranters should be mature enough to even understand the posting habits and proper attitudes of all who use the rants forum.

Apply those habits to your own accordingly.

I admit I did not know how to use the Rants forum effectively in the past.

Some rants I have are too drastic, and ridiculous, and end up with positive feedback, such as digigram saying how I should get a new job. Or others saying how you should just be your own best friend, be yourself-and do your best. Not to downplay what exactly they said as advice, this is just the 5% kind of moral out of the 95% said, ya know?

Also it is a place where you can turn when you don't want to tell the whole world your problems, your frustrations, becuase if you did it would only make things worse.

Why not give an example? Who do you think is doing this? Probably newer people to the rants forum, and upon making their first ever rants, they might get negative feedback.

I rant alot. Another topic about this was brought up before. I said my peace there. I need this forum.

Ness
May 19, 2005, 06:51 AM
On 2005-05-18 11:50, Deathscythealpha wrote:
The point of peoples replies are normally to help cheer up the person whos ranting, point out holes in their rants to make it not seem so bad or to point out if the Ranter is just being a fucktard (Like whoever was ranting about how they nearly got beaten up for throwing stuff at moving cars).

I remember that shit. Then he started talking aobut how he pulled out his katana and went outside to fight four guys with knives.

Daikarin
May 19, 2005, 11:14 AM
Letting emotions go out is healthy.

Mystil
May 19, 2005, 02:56 PM
Not when no one cares to hear it.

Jehosaphaty
May 19, 2005, 02:58 PM
Letting emotions go out is healthy.

Which is exactly what rants is. I think it's best to simply come in if you'd like, otherwise, don't rain on somebody elses parade. Besides, do you want the stuff that fills rants abubblin out onto other sections of psoworld? I wouldn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2005-05-19 13:00 ]</font>

Ness
May 19, 2005, 03:42 PM
On 2005-05-19 12:56, Silhouette wrote:

Then if you don't care, don't read.

Daikarin
May 19, 2005, 04:47 PM

You only let it out when anyone wants to hear it. And the point is not that he/she hears it, is that you let it out of your head.

Mystil
May 26, 2005, 11:45 PM
On 2005-05-19 13:42, Ness wrote:

Then if you don't care, don't read.

"I'm" not saying I don't care. I'm listener, I listen to pretty much everything.

NOT MANY today CARE to hear what is on someones mind. I don't know about you, but it's almost pointless for me - no one gives a fuck.