PDA

View Full Version : what are the new revolution controllers?

Wyndham
May 23, 2005, 02:55 AM
I think theyre wireless n64esque controllers with interchangable cases.
think of it. forest theme, graveyard theme, extreme sports theme...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 23, 2005, 03:09 AM
On 2005-05-21 22:26, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Why do I think by 'revolutionary new wireless controllers and ways to play games' Nintendo means perhaps a next-gen Super Punch out? (I imagine boxing glove shaped controllers, and the like! Samus arm! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif )

Super Duper Punch Out!

Err, revolutionary Mario Baseball with bat controller!

I'm not trying to berate Nintendo, my imagination with controllers is limited. I hope they're great. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-05-23 01:11 ]</font>

space_butler
May 23, 2005, 05:00 AM
you controll it WITH YOUR MIND!!!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 23, 2005, 05:07 AM
You're damn right I do!

I'm telling it to vacuum the floor right now!
(that was pretty good, I must admit, space_butler)

Wyndham
May 23, 2005, 05:08 AM
or, the 4kids dubbed way: you control it with your happy pink heart of happiness!
(I really hate those guys)

Bradicus
May 23, 2005, 03:01 PM
On 2005-05-23 03:00, space_butler wrote:
you controll it WITH YOUR MIND!!!

To make the system less accessible to the casual gamer, Nintendo has decided to base the movement of your character upon various emasculating dances that the player must act out in front of a motion detector. And at least four people they don't know all that well. While wearing pink.

"We're very excited about this new feature. It is designed to promote a feeling of community between gamers, and we're confident that people will choose the Revolution for the good of mankind's future"

Yet another clever move by the big N!

Sef
May 23, 2005, 04:10 PM
Upon purchase of your Nintendo Revolution, you will have a chip implanted into your brain that allows you to control your character with your mind!

PJ
May 23, 2005, 04:13 PM
N64 esque controller?

I really hope you're drunk Oran http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Saiffy
May 23, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-05-23 14:10, Sef wrote:
Upon purchase of your Nintendo Revolution, you will have a chip implanted into your brain that allows you to control your character with your mind!

But, while this is happening, Sef is kicking you in the shins.

Sef
May 23, 2005, 04:18 PM
On 2005-05-23 14:15, Saiffwin wrote:

On 2005-05-23 14:10, Sef wrote:

But, while this is happening, Sef is kicking you in the shins.

Well... On most days, yes.

Saturdays and Sundays, I'll have my assistant fill in.

Bradicus
May 23, 2005, 04:23 PM
Well... On most days, yes.

Saturdays and Sundays, I'll have my assistant fill in.

At last, my time to shine!

*Kicks Sef*

Outrider
May 23, 2005, 04:34 PM
Watch it's just an old 8-bit NES controller but it's blue instead of gray.

EDIT: That you control with your mind!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-05-23 14:35 ]</font>

Jason
May 23, 2005, 06:00 PM
On 2005-05-23 14:34, Outrider wrote:
Watch it's just an old 8-bit NES controller but it's blue instead of gray.

EDIT: That you control with your mind!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-05-23 14:35 ]</font>

*Drools*

_Ted_
May 23, 2005, 08:30 PM
Rumor has it that The Revolution's controller, as a kickback to PS3's boomerang controller, is actually a frisbee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Ted_ on 2005-05-23 18:30 ]</font>

Outrider
May 23, 2005, 09:02 PM
On 2005-05-23 18:30, _Ted_ wrote:
Rumor has it that The Revolution's controller, as a kickback to PS3's boomerang controller, is actually a flying disc.

Nintendo didn't want to pay the licensing fees to Frisbee.

Wyndham
May 23, 2005, 09:15 PM
On 2005-05-23 14:13, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
N64 esque controller?

I really hope you're drunk Oran http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

hey, you know im wacked out afterr 11:30.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 23, 2005, 09:17 PM
Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm supposing that the Revolution's controller will have no pre-defined buttons, allowing developers to custom tailor the interface to any game.

Wyndham
May 23, 2005, 09:21 PM
On 2005-05-23 19:17, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm supposing that the Revolution's controller will have no pre-defined buttons, allowing developers to custom tailor the interface to any game.

this isnt a serious discussion, Meira.
at least i didnt intend it to be.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 23, 2005, 09:23 PM
Holy shit. I forgot I was in FKL! I must vindicate this...

http://67.181.160.14/image/H2G2.jpg

Outrider
May 23, 2005, 09:40 PM
On 2005-05-23 19:17, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

That's what I've heard over and over again. It scares me, though. I'd really like to have some pre-set buttons just so I feel a little comfortable.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure how easily I'd be able to play a game if I can't physically feel the buttons giving beneath my thumb.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 23, 2005, 09:47 PM
Hmm, snap on additions/extensions for preset buttons, maybe?

RPG game set up
Sports game set up
Fighting game set up
Etc.

Sure would confuse the consumer, make more unnecessary(extra) costs to playing certain types of games, buit would be a new/novel idea.

How many people complained in the beginning(and therafter) that GC's controller wasn't that great for games like Tony Hawk, sports games, fighting games?

Just off the top of my head, surely a bad idea though. Move along and check out Sef's: David Hasselhoff/Gary Coleman's head switcheroo pic!

Outrider
May 24, 2005, 12:59 AM
On 2005-05-23 19:47, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Hmm, snap on additions/extensions for preset buttons, maybe?

RPG game set up
Sports game set up
Fighting game set up
Etc.

Sure would confuse the consumer, make more unnecessary(extra) costs to playing certain types of games, buit would be a new/novel idea.

No, actually. The most common theory I've come across is that it would be some sort of touch-screen on the controller where developers could program their own controller. Therefore, if they wanted to have an old NES controller, they would make the screen have a D-Pad and the buttons. If the game needed a keyboard, a keyboard would appear and you would use that.

As I said, the idea sort of scares me.

How many people complained in the beginning(and therafter) that GC's controller wasn't that great for games like Tony Hawk, sports games, fighting games?

Actually, the GC controller works fine for Tony Hawk, and it's probably the best controller for Soul Calibur. (I'll admit, I haven't spent too much time with the X-Box version of Soul Calibur, but the GC controller is vastly superior to the PS2 controller.)

People who whine about that should really learn to use an analog stick. I hear they're going to be popular.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 24, 2005, 04:17 AM
Indeed.
I just wanted to suggest something in a 'semi-serious tone', if such a thing exists.

I did at the end of my post find fault in my statements and thus wiped it from my memory(and hopefully everyone else's), until coming back here and looking again! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As I said earlier, I'm hoping for the best.
Any new ideas we come up with- pre release/the controller unvieling, we should just let out now.

No commitment(for lack of a better word) at all!
Just let the ideas flow. I hadn't put much thought into this, and there are limits to what controllers can and have been able to do in the past, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping its great. Others surely are more creative concerning controllers than I.