PDA

View Full Version : Shut the fuck up. It's not funny.

agenevil
May 24, 2005, 07:25 PM
Fucking sarcastic assholes. I know you don't like Magic: the Gathering. I know you don't really give a fuck about how the game works. Why the hell is it so damn funny to you to sit there and be a dick? 'Oh is this like pokemon? Can they breed? OH, oh, oh! Can they eat each other??' It's NOT fucking funny.

How come when I'ts my turn to play whatever music I want in class, you have to bitch so much? I'm not playing Yoko Ono at full blast, I'm just playing something else besides goddamn Kenny Chesney.

Why do you have to be such pricks just because I have broader tastes, views, and opinions than you? So what if I play video games? So what if I listen to Bjork? It's not like I don't have a life outside of the computer, and it's not like I don't listen to the flavor of the week, as well.

And what the hell is up with all this bias? Be it intentional or habitual, it's VERY annoying. Quit using 'fag' and 'gay' to describe everything that doesn't please you. Quit stereotyping everything to a certain country. Quit stereotyping everything to a certain religion.

Free cookies for life to the first person to explain these types of people (aka about every small town, and what seems to be 50% of most larger towns)

Edit: Almost forgot. To you assholes who walk up at the arcade every friday night and start spweing 'wow, you're a hardcore dancer!!! I wish I were like that!!!' Come the fuck on. I hope one of these days somebody snaps on you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: agenevil on 2005-05-24 17:34 ]</font>

Ness
May 24, 2005, 07:43 PM
I was on your side until you mentioned that you listened to Bjork.

Seriosuly though, I have to deal with those people, too, but only when it comes to music, ethnic stereotypes, and religion. People are stupid, that's there is to it.

Bradicus
May 24, 2005, 08:01 PM
It's not funny
Suppose it isn't.

War_Child
May 24, 2005, 08:45 PM
People are retards and will hate anything that's outside what is popular. Very few people realize this and hence the majority is retarded. Can I have my cookies now?

Solstis
May 24, 2005, 08:53 PM
Hey, can't blame people for taking their deep-rooted insecurities out on others.

Wait... you can.

zero12410
May 24, 2005, 09:01 PM
see, now, these are the reasons that I wish I were a bit more like my sister...
when someone does or says something stupid like that she just goes off on 'em, they could be the pope and she'd still rip 'em a new one...

Sagasu
May 24, 2005, 09:03 PM
On 2005-05-24 17:43, Ness wrote:
People are stupid, that's all there is to it.

I honestly think this is just an excuse for the lack of willing to understand. ^_^

"humans are stupid" ?

I am a human, and I have my flaws and my problems. But it shouldnt matter. It shouldnt be by our errors that we judge one another. A few years from now, these same people may end up regretting every decision they have made for the majority of their lives, and they may just continue to live to hurt others as they always have.

Either path may provoke but shall never justify the hateful labels that you place upon them in your memories. If you really are the stronger person, show the patience it takes for them to learn from their mistakes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ness
May 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
People are inherently stupid. Individuals are smart, but people are stupid.

Skorpius
May 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
On 2005-05-24 19:03, Sagasu wrote:

I honestly think this is just an excuse for the lack of willing to understand.
Actually, it's true. We are all weak and stupid. Driven by our illogical feelings, we ignore the natural instincts and obide by manmade laws which are all subjectively created. We also kill ourselves due to those irrelevant constructs of society, and at the same time.. we keep the weak alive.

But, hey, High School just proves this anyway. The smart are hounded and tourtured while the stupid survive on pointless aesthetics.

EDIT: Ness summed it up. ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-24 19:18 ]</font>

Sagasu
May 24, 2005, 09:34 PM
On 2005-05-24 19:18, Skorpius wrote:

Actually, it's true. We are all weak and stupid. Driven by our illogical feelings, we ignore the natural instincts and obide by manmade laws which are all subjectively created. We also kill ourselves due to those irrelevant constructs of society, and at the same time.. we keep the weak alive.

But, hey, High School just proves this anyway. The smart are hounded and tourtured while the stupid survive on pointless aesthetics.

I will not deny that it often seems that the collective problematic ways in wich we pursue our lives can only be described as stupidity. But can you honestly call human nature this?

Are you stupid if you are unable to handle your difficulties? Are you stupid if you abide by your desires? The only thing I see here as stupidity is how easily one judges all for things they are not capable of changing.

The individuals you speak of are living proof that these 'stupid people' all have the ability to change completely. The 'stupid people' you speak of are living proof that these 'individuals' can loose whatever gleam they might have once had and once more be percieved as one of the conglomerate stupidity.

You cast away the chance for overcoming the stereotype far too lightly ._.;

Skorpius
May 24, 2005, 09:39 PM
The sterotype that humans are stupid?

Dolphins are smarter than humans.

:/

Sagasu
May 24, 2005, 09:42 PM
I can see why you say that.

I just believe its not really as bad as it seems. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dek
May 24, 2005, 09:50 PM
On 2005-05-24 17:25, agenevil wrote:
Quit stereotyping everything to a certain country. Quit stereotyping everything to a certain religion.

Hell...just quit stereotyping in general...

The only reason I can think of for these assholes doing this is because they are probably jealous about the fact that you know more about something than they do and that they, as well as their reputation, would be threatened if you were to challenge and with again them with your knowledge.

I have the same problem with obnoxious pricks only because of my username. When I go to Pokemon TCG tournies, some smartass (even though being the Smartass is my job http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) fucking annoys me with this one question...

"Hey! Can I be Arthas One!?"

O_o;; What the fuck? Since when do I give numeral codes with usernames? I used Zero as in "Zero from Megaman X," but they wont listen obviously.

For fuck's sake, be a fucking tard and go right ahead. No one will give a shit though because they only give a shit about the original (me).

agenevil
May 24, 2005, 10:09 PM
Wow. It takes a real negigenius to come up with 'Hey, can I be Arthas One?' Seriously, that's just trying too hard.

AND WUT ABUT TEH BJORK? Well, I bet you have a real reason.

Solstis
May 24, 2005, 10:15 PM
On 2005-05-24 19:18, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-05-24 19:03, Sagasu wrote:

I honestly think this is just an excuse for the lack of willing to understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-24 19:18 ]</font>

Though your post is well thought out, I must call it bunch of self-righteous garbage.

Your view on society is based on a negative, personal experience. Don't bother trying to point out that I'm wrong. Humans are *biased* creatures. You, apparently, believe that the intelligent are forced to suffer while the stupid live happily.

Right. The "stupid" are later hurt by the poor, little High School intellects as they downsize workers to make a 2% profit.

Society would not exist without "irrelevant" rules, and without our "illogical" feelings, we would be nothing.

"Hand me that stick there, good sir, I figured out a way to extract ants from a mound by exploiting their curiousity."

"Splendid!"

"Quite. Excuse me, though, as I kill you for invading my territory."

"Oh, no bother atall."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-05-24 20:17 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 25, 2005, 04:07 AM
Just hope you're off to college or something else soon enough.

At least with college, you're paying for an education. The people who pay, then don't learn and drop their classes, are wasting thier own(or their parents) money and time. The teachers could care less whether you show up. You already paid. Your loss.

If you're there to socialize nonstop and act like its high school part 2, you're not there for the right reasons. Sure there's nothing wrong with socializing and having fun, learning along the way, but there's going to be less people willing to laugh alongside you at the "uncool kids." At least it should be less, and more frowned upon since you should be a bit more mature by then.

A co-worker said aloud to me: 'Summer school is almost starting up again. They make the most money off drop outs. I hope everyone drops out sooner rather than later so I can get closer parking!'

I have no first hand experience with college, but this just about sums up what(this particular)college is like. I'm thinking more like an idealist in terms of the amount of bullying/stereotype bullshit going on so I know it isn't true for every college out there.

Just don't lose yourself along the way, trying to be less like the norm(not saying you are, just saying), and just act how you feel like acting. High School = popularity contest. You can be a part of it, or not. Your choice. A lot of people reminisce about high school, years later. Why? Life doesn't(or shouldn't) begin and end in high school.

Neith
May 25, 2005, 04:24 AM
As on of my friends said when he was in a similar situation: 'Just shut the fuck up, hold your breath, and count to a million'.

In the UK, it's 'charvers/chavs' who act like this. For those that don't know, picture a scrawny teen, clad in baseball cap, Burberry Sweatshirts, Tracksuit bottoms, socks rolled up with trousers tucked into them. No offense to anyone like this who doesn't throw bricks through windows http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

This apparently is the new trend. Think I'll sit idly by and let this trend fly past.

I got similar comments for when I played the Yu-Gi-Oh CCG. I've since stopped playing, but I got stupid comments all the time from people too thick to know any better. I've learned to cope with them, you don't have to like them.

digigram
May 25, 2005, 08:40 AM
agenevel, look at it this way.. they're being jackasses. All, and I mean "ALL!", of things i'm into, when someone clueless has to make a comment, it is usually in the form of making me feel like I am;

-insane
-hallucinating
-borderline psychotic
-"special"
-lost
-directionless
-a baby

The things that I am into?

- experimental electronic music
- 3d modelling and animation
- learning various languages
- learning various programming languages
- electronic engineering
- video games (from Gamecube to being interested in competing at quakeconn)
- near future Science fiction (mainly cyberpunk *cliche* novels)
- politics (although i'm trying to drop this one)

Do any of these look "crazy" to you? (aside from politics)?

Magic the gathering is perfectly normal (i'm sure you know), so if people give you shit about the things you do.... just think that they simply can't/don't understand why it's fun (I wouldn't know, but then again, I wouldn't question why you like it).
--------------------------------------------------
Small town + lacking interest in self identity - any intelligence + MTV = dumb bitch that follows suit.

Ultimately ending up in making fun of things other people who have the individuality find satisfying. Which is basically everything except getting drunk, getting drunk again, having sex while getting drunk, driving around making fun/fighting anyone that isn't like themselves, laughing at people's misfortune.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-05-25 06:44 ]</font>

Ness
May 25, 2005, 10:33 AM
People are stupid because they generally follow a group of sterotypes and ridcule those individuals that are intelligent enough to rise above them.

Agenevil, things may seem bad now, but when you get to college, things will get better.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
May 25, 2005, 12:58 PM
I had a very simple solution to get through high school. It helped me quite well after that damned fiasco in Middle School.

Your peers are useless to you. You're in high school to learn,(and because the govt. forces you) nothing else matters. Just push all those ignorant unaccepting fools aside and concentrate on yourself.

Daikarin
May 25, 2005, 01:34 PM
On 2005-05-24 19:39, Skorpius wrote:

Dolphins are smarter than most humans.

:/

agenevil
May 25, 2005, 08:19 PM
On 2005-05-25 06:40, digigram wrote:
The things that I am into?

- experimental electronic music
- 3d modelling and animation
- learning various languages
- learning various programming languages
- electronic engineering
- video games (from Gamecube to being interested in competing at quakeconn)
- near future Science fiction (mainly cyberpunk *cliche* novels)
- politics (although i'm trying to drop this one)

Do any of these look "crazy" to you? (aside from politics)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-05-25 06:44 ]</font>

Your interests rock. I can relate to all except the programming, etc.

The thing is, I'm not even the one who plays magic, its some of my friends, and I just can't stand how some of these people are. All the sarcasm is just... too much to take.

digigram
May 25, 2005, 09:31 PM
I don't think it matters if you play magic or not, it is the fact that a ot of people can be so condescending and shallow that you have a problem with.

As if someone else playing magic makes the other person better somehow, and by making fun of it, they have announced their role in life. Which is an "idiot".

Evil_Althena8
May 26, 2005, 11:48 PM
omg I can totally identify. I used to play Magic: The Gathering with some friends after school. We used to have huge groups play in the cafeteria after school. People would always come up and ask if we were playing Pokemon...it was so annoying.

InfinityXXX
May 29, 2005, 08:30 PM
I often felt embarassed about certain intrest that may be viewed different from others, but now i no longer care. Magic, i never played that game but i see a lot of people play it in the cafeteria. It seems like its fun but i couldn't find myself playing card games. I do hear others making fun of magic players, i remember one time in band this senior ripped up one kids cards.I believe people should respect others beliefs and leave them alone.

Umm I've only listened to one of bjorks songs and that was years ago. It was called "I miss you" and it sounded ok to me. You see what pisses me off is that I, who plan on majoring in music, am able to listen to every and ALL types of music. Not one song has sounded awful to me. I listen to different genres but i have my favorites.

People need to understand that certain people have certain tastes in music. And that all music is music. It holds the power to heal, stimulate the mind, and bring you to different lands. I get teased BADLY over my taste in music because, you know, society and the media drives the whole thing of black youths only listen to rap, hip hop and R&B and what is so sad is that all my black friends listen to only that and buy in to it. And i often get called White for my intrests of other genres like rock,jazz,classical,soul,neo soul etc.

My favorite singers are Common, Sade, John Legend and Alicia Keys but my most favorite is a singer called Frou Frou/Imogenheap("shh" is my fav song shes done) and I have all her cds and what pisses me off is that people would ask "Lemmme listen to her" and then after hearing her they'll cuss at her music and tease me for listening to her.

This world is so fixed on "clicks" and "groups" driven by what the media and society feeds to us and if you differ from their criteria then you are considered "weird" but in a way, to me, being weird is fun for i haven't sold my intrests and soul and truest beliefs to a group to just fit in. Screw everyone elses opinion towards your stuff, its your body and your music and your mind, they hold no control over it and do what you feel inside is right and anyone else differs then it is only their opinion, that is all....

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 29, 2005, 10:53 PM
Indeed (Infinity, long time no see.). Once you're out of high school and away from the majority of people who determine what is cool, especially music and social activities, you're free to enjoy whatever hobbies and interests you want. Anyone messes with you extensively, just ignore and or take the necessary legal actions(if it gets that far).

Please tell me one reason why I cannot be a Japanese/Caucasian/Native American mixed teenager and listen to both artists like Nas and Do As Infinity. Slum Village and a Final Fantasy videogame soundtrack.

Why I cannot wear Allen Iverson's latest shoes, and a polo styled shirt.

Why I can't wear NBA jerseys and be an intelligent person.

Stereotypes aren't fun. Neither are close minded people.

"Be yourself" ever heard of it?
Then again some people are jerks for whatever reason.
They have no choice but to try and shape up and be a productive member of society, or continue high school bullying until someone hits them with a hard dose of reality.

opaopajr
May 30, 2005, 06:34 AM
only kenny chesney? ewwwwwwww! what sort of conformist hell do you live in?

hey, that goes for all of you? where on earth are you guys? i've never had such problems here in my neck of the woods, SF bay area. the bland conformists with narrow views and sheltered life experience is the odd one out here. damn, makes me all want to grab you all and nestle you in my safe, nurturing bosom. there, there, go ahead, it's ok to cry.

what you guys need is a witty tongue! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif someone says something stupid and teases you for liking something 'too weird' just say something snappy: "gee, thanks mr. popularity, where would we be without your amazing powers of coolness? your swell!", "why yes, that's because i'm a loooozer, and you're such a *winner*(roll the sarcasm thick on this word)", oh my god, you're right! oh save me! save me! save me from what i've become! (run to grab them and bury your face in their shoulder, sob hysterically)"

i'm surprised you guys take it so seriously. just learn to banter back. and if they are serious that "this stuff is too weird!" then just shake your head and agree. no sense bothering with the insipid and ignorant. "yes, i'm just weird. i actually have my own opinions about what i like, and diverse tastes. it's a terrible habit i picked up when i started to think for myself and started to have an open mind. *tsk, tsk* perhaps there's no hope for me. run while you can before you get infected."

ps: bjork rules, her work alone in the sugarcubes renders her to demigod status. oh, and so does frou frou, because such chic and experimental sounds could only be divinely inspired.

agenevil
May 31, 2005, 12:36 PM
Wow.

You brought a tear of hope to my eye... figuratively http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Your stuff made me laugh.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 31, 2005, 08:36 PM
On 2005-05-30 04:34, opaopajr wrote:

hey, that goes for all of you? where on earth are you guys? i've never had such problems here in my neck of the woods, SF bay area. the bland conformists with narrow views and sheltered life experience is the odd one out here. damn, makes me all want to grab you all and nestle you in my safe, nurturing bosom. there, there, go ahead, it's ok to cry.

what you guys need is a witty tongue! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif someone says something stupid and teases you for liking something 'too weird' just say something snappy: "gee, thanks mr. popularity, where would we be without your amazing powers of coolness? your swell!", "why yes, that's because i'm a loooozer, and you're such a *winner*(roll the sarcasm thick on this word)", oh my god, you're right! oh save me! save me! save me from what i've become! (run to grab them and bury your face in their shoulder, sob hysterically)"

I live in the same area, ironically. It's arguably the worst city around here, though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif Lots of crime, lots of spolied brats, etc.

I never spoke up when teased and crap. They were only looking for a fight, I wouldn't be a part of that. People have thrown(and hit me) with filled soda cans and large fountain cups. Talk about fun.

I didn't provoke these incidents at all, people around here are just pieces of S. I was walking down a hill on the sidewalk once and a car speeds by and *whiff* *splash* a fucking big gulp lands 3 feet in front of me.

Pessimistic? Its pretty much all I've ever known how to be. I try my best to not judge anyone in advance and only on their own merits, but there's always those bad experiences you look back upon.

opaopajr
May 31, 2005, 10:52 PM
oh my, hayabusa! where's this? somewhere on the peninsula? oakland? tri-valley area? what a very different experience you've had from mine.

oh well, your experience is just as valid as mine and my friends. you've just seen more pricks and dumbasses than i. seems you are just terribly unlucky.

you may want to find a nice happy group around here. it'll buffer your spirits when dealing with the social bad luck you keep drawing.

i'll give you a little secret though that i've found tends to ward off a lot of this. it's called smiling and having a thick skin. somehow dropping my sullen, defensive posturing opened a whole new world of kindness to come into my life. once i get my friends to stop the macho posturing or contemptuous sullen game they found that they didn't get as many bad reactions either. it seems certain personality types and public faces seems to draw harassment; it's a weird phenomenon to watch. just a tip that might help -- considering your previous luck, couldn't hurt. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 1, 2005, 02:54 PM
Just devote yourself to go workout at a gym; 3 to 4 times a week for about a few months, and get some serious muscles.

Then usually people like that won't bother you anymore.
But if they still give you crap then you let them know it isn't funny... You catch my drift? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It worked for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2005-06-01 13:09 ]</font>

Genoa
Jun 2, 2005, 08:22 PM
wait... do you care about what these people think of you? You actually listen to what they're telling you? 0_o Or are you blowing your smoke here in the rants instead of infront of them? If so then that's fine but I don't think what they say has any barring on what you do, so... yeah... but you're right about most of it, they are being assholes, but who gives a rats ass what they think? They're probably just worried about being more popular and getting they're favorite pat-on-the-back from their asshole friends encouraging them to be even more... assholish?... to bad there are so many people who can't think for themselves and come up with their own social personality... they must leech of others like the helpless parasites. *sigh*.... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif