PDA

View Full Version : The beautiful, dangerous mind.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 27, 2005, 05:10 AM
To get everything out of the way first, I will start listing some things, as sort of a legend/key to my story.

"Karate is useless in a real fight."
"Racism."
"Stereotypes."
"Anger management."
"Mr. nice guy."
"Posers."

A few days ago.
Outside the local smoothie(frozen iced drink, just clarification) shop.
Next door to my workplace.

After my daily 30 minute, walk/jog/mad dash(sonic hedgehog like) sprint to the bus stop, on less than 6 hours of sleep, I get off the bus and walk towards my workplace.

Meet up with my co-workers, some cool guys with English as a second language, but plenty enough to get by- work and have fun/get along with me.

I walk towards the workplace and a co-worker, 17 year old kid, waves "Hi. What's up?" to me. I see him and two friends sitting in one table set up outside the smoothie place. The second table has one chair. No one is sitting there. I say hi back and take the seat.

Another high school kid(cutting class no less, just like my co-worker and his friends) throws a straw towards the trash can next to my table/seat, clearly in disgust.

"Man! I was just about to sit there, too!"

*Flash* For lack of a better word, a multitude of things flash through my mind. I look over at the guy after hearing his statement and think over 19 years of my life. Sure, impossible, but just what the situation calls for. I'll come back to this.

I calmly explain, "Hey, no one was sitting here, but if you want the seat you can have it. Here take it."

"Nigga ain't nobody nigga saying I want that bitch ass seat mutha-fucker nigga, bitch damn shit."

"I'm giving you the seat, especially if you're going to complain like that."

"Ain't nobody complaining nigga, why you being like that!"

I walk away, towards my workplace, my boss should be here to open up shop in about 5 minutes, I don't need this stuff today, he's still jawing away at me.

The whole time I'm being calm and collected, giving up my seat I'm thinking:

"'You were about to sit here?' Big deal, like I care, I care-why? your loss, better luck next time. The seat was not taken, I just casually sat down to chat with my co-worker and his friends, he gestured hi to me. This is not high school. I'm not a kid you can bully. Do you think your popularity and street cred matter here? I can absolutely murder you, you're in over your head, do not even attempt any violence on me, you punk kid."

The kid is a few inches shorter than me, wearing a Lebron James White Cleveland Cavaliers Home color Nike Swingman 2 jersey, retailing $70(USD) to about $20 on sale. I know details as I have the same one. He perhaps is trying to impress his female companion in the driver's seat of the car in front of the store.

An asian kid. Long ponytail. About 160 lbs.

I'm an asian descent kid too. About 135 lbs.

I've seen this guy before. Not him exactly, but the poser, acting a certain way. Street cred, "gangster, "chav", etc. Countless swears making up one sentence. Using the swears in the wrong context. Ebonics, yeah my city is full of ebonics, I know plenty myself, but I don't speak that way. I can if I have to, but I don't. I wouldn't take up a stereotype to fit in with others. This is not the way one group of people acts, either. This is an ACT. A stereotype. Not a whole race acting this way. This guy surely doesn't know this. He's just following the mainstream, doing what's cool.

I know better than to take up his offer for a fight, I know what he's looking for. I know how he will fight. I've seen it every year in high school. Countless times. Stand in my face, "mugging"(a frown of disgust, blank faced, angry), swear a little underhis breath, chest bump me, strong push, long overreaching lunges with over-head rights and lefts. He wants to knock me down with a strong hard punch to the face, a haymaker if you will. If that won't work he'll resort to grabbing me below the waist and trying to "dip" or hip throw me to the ground.

I know better. 5 minutes before work. Walk away. Head held high. Noble. But:

Through 7 odd years of training hardnosed Okinawan/Japan karate, I can destroy the kid here. He surely has no experience and the years of fighting I've done under my belt? I can assume this to be fact(hope I'm right), but still maintain my composure and not say it aloud. I might have an ego about this. I've heard a million times "karate doesn't work in a real fight!" Haha. And having the balls to start fights over no reason at all with no proper training does work in a "real fight"?

Sorry. I don't do high cheerleader like kicks, backflips, breaking boards BS. I always trained hard. I know my limits, capabilities, pressure points, blah blah blah. Easy to say now right, on the internet? Haha.

I look back on tapes of me a few years back. I'm in a national tournament, getting kicked in the head- HARD. I take the hit and hit the kid back- HARD. I look at myself and see someone, with all the skills and abilities, but no control there. I hurt too many people in the kumite(sparring with gloves/cup/helmet mandatory for my age at the time). I had to turn around, kneel and wait while the judge attended to the kid one time. I hurt a black belt kid when I was a brown belt by kicking him with my foot in a wrong-but okay for self defense- position; he is bruised terribly when he attends to it later. I had no control sometimes.

Then again, I was really cocky. I thought I was superman, could do anything. I sparred a 40+ year old guy once. Probably a set up by my sensei(teacher). He would do nothing but kick me head on. Impossible to avoid with his reach, and my weight worked against me, way too skinny for a 200lb + guy. I blocked everytime, but my arm felt like it was broken. I cried like a baby holding it through the rest of the class. In front of my sensei(teacher), and every student in the class. Talk about embarassment. The most adept, longest trained student in the class(in which I instructed/helped teach during a absence of my sensei, a few times as well) was crying "like a bitch."

*Flash*
I'm mental. I had a disablity. Anger problem(kicked out of an anger management class at 16-amongst adults- they would not let me take the class more than 2 times as I was too young) over the years. Not worth it. No need to see the inside of a jail cell again, no need to send anyone to a hospital. Act cool, calm, collected. Be a nerd. Give the seat up, at first opportunity. Walk away, let him get in his girl's car later screaming "bitch" at me aloud while they drive off. He'll get his karma. Not that I'm wishing the worst on anyone, but it can happen, and none of my business when or why. I have the abilities, but knowing to NEVER use them is the key. Ultimate discipline. I have to be better than that. I owe it to myself, my family wouldn't want to see me in jail or worse. Smile, even through your teeth. Count numbers, breathe. NOT WORTH IT.

I've been through worse. People have thrown full sodas at my head from the front or behind, cans or fountain cups. I still walked away. There's an abundance of crime lately in my area. Why be a part of it? I know the consequences, I've lived through and seen a lot of them firsthand. Fighting is never than answer. Can't change people. Do my best.... Sigh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-05-27 03:20 ]</font>

Daikarin
May 27, 2005, 11:11 AM
On 2005-05-27 03:10, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

"Karate is useless in a real fight."

Tr00 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Kung Fu is the answer!

After my daily 30 minute, walk/jog/mad dash(sonic hedgehog like) sprint to the bus stop, on less than 6 hours of sleep, I get off the bus and walk towards my workplace.

Man, you just described my weekday mornings like that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

"Man! I was just about to sit there, too!"

In the bar beneath the library, there's always a flow of dudes to the tables like pidgeons after bread.

This time, I was gettin' a table for me and 3 guys, when I saw one free.

I got there first, and was about to pull the chair to sit down when this guy SLAMS his college briefcase in the table before I do, exclaiming "This table now rightfully belongs to Sir 'Better luck next time, noob'".

Ah, well. What I advise you is, argument. A good argument isn't a fight. Tell him your reasons, without offending anyone.

*Flash* For lack of a better word, a multitude of things flash through my mind. I look over at the guy after hearing his statement and think over 19 years of my life. Sure, impossible, but just what the situation calls for. I'll come back to this.

Welcome to the club. Sometimes I just wonder off If I'll die of age or disease, or if my son kills me in a Star Wars movie style.

"Nigga ain't nobody nigga saying I want that bitch ass seat mutha-fucker nigga, bitch damn shit."

"Ain't nobody complaining nigga, why you being like that!"

L-O-L! Did you let it get to you? 'Cuz I would sure laugh my arse off! That scene reminded me of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour, when he went to see his cousin.

"'You were about to sit here?' Big deal, like I care, I care-why? your loss, better luck next time. The seat was not taken, I just casually sat down to chat with my co-worker and his friends, he gestured hi to me. This is not high school. I'm not a kid you can bully. Do you think your popularity and street cred matter here? I can absolutely murder you, you're in over your head, do not even attempt any violence on me, you punk kid."

It's not worth it. You should look at him, see he wasn't the kind of guy to discuss, give him the "WTF" look and walk away slowly, without giving the impression of submission.

Just a thought http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

An asian kid. Long ponytail. About 160 lbs.

I'm an asian descent kid too. About 135 lbs.

I'm portuguese. Nice to meet you guys.

I've seen this guy before. Not him exactly, but the poser, acting a certain way. Street cred, "gangster, "chav", etc. Countless swears making up one sentence. Using the swears in the wrong context. Ebonics, yeah my city is full of ebonics, I know plenty myself, but I don't speak that way. I can if I have to, but I don't. I wouldn't take up a stereotype to fit in with others. This is not the way one group of people acts, either. This is an ACT. A stereotype. Not a whole race acting this way. This guy surely doesn't know this. He's just following the mainstream, doing what's cool.

Get rid of stereotypes. Act like you don't know the guy, and treat him without preconcepts. It's all good, trust me.

Through 7 odd years of training hardnosed Okinawan/Japan karate, I can destroy the kid here. He surely has no experience and the years of fighting I've done under my belt? I can assume this to be fact(hope I'm right), but still maintain my composure and not say it aloud. I might have an ego about this. I've heard a million times "karate doesn't work in a real fight!" Haha. And having the balls to start fights over no reason at all with no proper training does work in a "real fight"?

Remember to act responsible. With great power... Or something. That's what maturity is all about.

And when you talk about karate, and sparring with 40+ year old, and believing you're superman... It's only a fase. Don't blame yourself for acting like that, I also was cocky myself, altough a bit less directly. I got beaten up a lot of times as a kid, that made me feel somekind of righteous fury, and fueled me to keep getting better and better. But when the time comes... It's not the physical power that settles you in the world.

NOT WORTH IT.

Right on.

Fighting is never than answer. Can't change people. Do my best.... Sigh.

Fighting can be an answer. But it should always be plan Z. If you believe it's right, then kick his ass. The problem is, if it's right.

Dangerous55
May 27, 2005, 01:26 PM
Fighting is an answer, just you should know when...

Your right this wasnt a time to do it though.

Also, in my experience, you never know how well or horrible a person can fight by looking at them. Just because a guy is small doesnt mean he can't fight. Just because a guy is big doesn't mean he can. And, taking classes in fighting sure can help, but doesnt mean your going to win.

Oh yeah, was this kid white or black?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2005-05-27 11:26 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 28, 2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks for your words here, guys.

Yes. My lifetime(not much at all heh) ups and downs(sparring, losing repeatedly, finally excelling in a tournament), just merely to point towards my cockyness towards fighting. Going through the ups and downs has the ability to move me towards the middle ground and no longer having an inflated or deflated ego. I'm never supposed to do it, because its wrong, and because I should be trained enough to defeat anyone or handle any situation-with as little damage to myself as possible. The way of the fist? Nope. The mind is the greatest weapon? Perhaps.

He wasn't black nor white, but even being either of those gives you no right to say the "N word" every two seconds like its going out of style. I knew African American teachers who would damn near tear kids apart for saying the word in class. It hurt them to hear the new slang version of it, regardless of the meaning.

You're right in that I should never underestimate anyone, for any reason. It could easily get me killed right? The point is to never even put myself in the situation where anyone gets hurt intentionally. "Plan Z," yes, that sure sounds about right. There is always another way. Don't jump to conclusions, don't underestimate, and don't overreact. Him pushing his weight around should be no problem of mine.

Using wit and a dialogue wouldn't work. He isn't saying much and just using my words to fill in the rest of his swears. One person does the thinking, the other just spits it back.

To get my mind off things like this, watching Rush Hour is always a good bet. Thanks for giving me the suggestion. "My daddy once caught(or cotch if your prefer) a bullet with his bare hand!" "My daddy could beat up your daddy!"
"War! Hugh! Yeah! What it is it good for? Absolutely nothing..." "Man get me another seat, he's ruining a classic!"

Daikarin
May 28, 2005, 08:31 AM
On 2005-05-28 04:36, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

To get my mind off things like this, watching Rush Hour is always a good bet. Thanks for giving me the suggestion. "My daddy once caught(or cotch if your prefer) a bullet with his bare hand!" "My daddy could beat up your daddy!"

"...All the way from here to China, Japan, or whatever the hell you're from. And all up that Great wall, too."

Heh, Good medicine. Glad to see your mind is a bit clearer now.

Dangerous55
May 28, 2005, 01:52 PM
On 2005-05-28 04:36, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
He wasn't black nor white, but even being either of those gives you no right to say the "N word" every two seconds like its going out of style. I knew African American teachers who would damn near tear kids apart for saying the word in class. It hurt them to hear the new slang version of it, regardless of the meaning.

Of course, I just "love" seeing some Irish/Polish Urban Thug. Makes me laugh and get filled with anger all the time. Not that thugs of any kind don't, this just makes it worse.