PDA

View Full Version : Just some things thats kind of irking me

InfinityXXX
May 29, 2005, 07:16 PM
"I really have no friends, just associates" that is what i said to my mom last night as we sat and listened to our neo soul music. I really don't, all these years I've grew up with 3 main people who i thought were my friends but as we grow older our views seperate and i find myself not talking to them like i use too. I think i'm tired of them, putting up with their same childish stuff and ways.

Two of my 3 close friends, roldan and daniel, make me sick over their views. Like the thing now a days is how much i got drunk over the weekend or who i slept with recently. And all these 2 talk about is that. They talk about ways of making certain drinks and sexual positions or innuendos(mispelled i think)which just gets on my nerves. Theres other things in the world besides that. People at school say that the reason it irks me because i never experienced it but i think having a hang over will hurt and be a burdden and i don't believe in just f***ing random girls, its about making love. Also they often criticise me (mispllled i think) over certain things i wear or do, and my beliefs. You see i believe in being yourself, being creative, and a individual. Being free. And they usually critisise me ovr this. like i wear pink and they call me gay but what is so gay about pink? It is only a color that is only on a piece of thread.

My 3rd friend Lloyd is a band member like me. We both play the same instrument(Trumpet but i can also play piano,flute,recorder,saxaphone and precussion). I dropped out of band in January because i felt our new band director was a racist fool.(I won't get into it) So i dropped out and once i gave my position(2nd position) Lloyd took it. Now since the school year is almost over, next year, he will be leader of all trumpets. When he told me this i congragulated him but Lloyd had always,since 6th grade, had to compete with me, so day after every day i always had to hear him brag about him being section leader and getting all my first part music and now i think hes only bringing it up to get to me, to make me jealous.

I had a girlfrind named Tia, I broke up with her in february i think. We had went a month w/o speaking to each other but now we're talking but the thing is shes flirting with me, wanting me to get back together with her w/o saying it and its irking me. I don't want to get into another relationship until i just feel like i'm stable again.

And last but not least...Dave Chappelle, he needs to get out of south africa and do some shows because i'm tired of seeing the same episodes over and over again....

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 30, 2005, 12:25 AM
On 2005-05-29 17:16, InfinityXXX wrote:

"I really have no friends, just associates" that is what i said to my mom last night as we sat and listened to our neo soul music. I really don't, all these years I've grew up with 3 main people who i thought were my friends but as we grow older our views seperate and i find myself not talking to them like i use too. I think i'm tired of them, putting up with their same childish stuff and ways.

Welcome to my world. My only contact with anyone in a friendly-hang out kind of manner is here, on the internet. I have spats with my mom about "Well that's why you have no friends." We always end up apologizing to eachother after the argument, but I always tend to shut out anyone and everyone from being a friend-other than those who speak to me online.

Childish ways never change, so I don't want to hang out with the people who have hurt me in the past. It will lead to more unneccessary hurt, more rumor spreading among friends of friends and other BS. They can talk all they want now, I'm not being a part of their little world.

Two of my 3 close friends, roldan and daniel, make me sick over their views. Like the thing now a days is how much i got drunk over the weekend or who i slept with recently. And all these 2 talk about is that. They talk about ways of making certain drinks and sexual positions or innuendos(mispelled i think)which just gets on my nerves. Theres other things in the world besides that. People at school say that the reason it irks me because i never experienced it but i think having a hang over will hurt and be a burdden and i don't believe in just f***ing random girls, its about making love. Also they often criticise me (mispllled i think) over certain things i wear or do, and my beliefs. You see i believe in being yourself, being creative, and a individual. Being free. And they usually critisise me ovr this. like i wear pink and they call me gay but what is so gay about pink? It is only a color that is only on a piece of thread.

Pink is not gay. Gay is a terrible insult, of the lowest form of intelligence. pink is a color, used in moderation and not in a Legally Blonde over the top fashion, its fine.

I heard recently a childhood classmate my age, has three kids out of wedlock. 19 years old with 3 kids. I could never handle that situation.

Underage drinking and partying don't make a man.

My 3rd friend Lloyd is a band member like me. We both play the same instrument(Trumpet but i can also play piano,flute,recorder,saxaphone and precussion). I dropped out of band in January because i felt our new band director was a racist fool.(I won't get into it) So i dropped out and once i gave my position(2nd position) Lloyd took it. Now since the school year is almost over, next year, he will be leader of all trumpets. When he told me this i congragulated him but Lloyd had always,since 6th grade, had to compete with me, so day after every day i always had to hear him brag about him being section leader and getting all my first part music and now i think hes only bringing it up to get to me, to make me jealous.
Sounds like it. While he can be considered the most skilled person for the job by the band director, you can feel he only earned it since you left-and he's the next best thing they have going for em, right?

No worries, pay it no mind, hold no grudges on your side and certainly his will seem less likely to irk you in any way, right? He's just being childish. If the band was too much hassle for you and was giving you more stress than you needed at the time, he should respect you as your friend and drop the subject.

I had a girlfrind named Tia, I broke up with her in february i think. We had went a month w/o speaking to each other but now we're talking but the thing is shes flirting with me, wanting me to get back together with her w/o saying it and its irking me. I don't want to get into another relationship until i just feel like i'm stable again.

And last but not least...Dave Chappelle, he needs to get out of south africa and do some shows because i'm tired of seeing the same episodes over and over again....

We pointed out that your girlfriend didn't seem mature enough at the time to handle sexual intercourse discussions and the like.

She was probably being peer pressured to do it, yeah?
If you could have just got your nerves up enough(not saying you couldn't, you sure said you handled the situation well at the time) and sat down and talked to her about what the consequences could be if anything went wrong-and why you didn't feel comfortable at your age doing it- she should have been mature enough to handle that. Like it or not, you deserve a companion who is more or less an intellectual equal.

"High standards never to be met, just lower them and grab any girl" is something I won't consider. things should feel right, you know?

Yeah. I grabbed the Dave Chappelle interview and XBOX 360 unvieling Time Magazine when it hit newstands. It recently disappeared from my room. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I understand that the stress might be getting to him but he sounded like he was snapping at the wrong people at times too. I picked up the recently released season 2 just for the bloopers, but it isn't the same.

His story regarding his comedy career enlightened me into how his life was before and after the cult hit Half Baked. Lets all hope he can make us laugh the way he once did again, soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-05-29 22:31 ]</font>

opaopajr
May 30, 2005, 06:55 AM
oh, for the love of care bears, give a night of drinking and womanizing a whirl. you might find that it really isn't all that bad. besides, you'll find in many of these parties there's a lot of people just like you not into doing this same old crap night after night. go out there, make friends, have a good time, at least give the semblence to your 'associates' that you aren't 'above' them to try and see their world once in a while. you'll be surprised that once you give some respect for their choices they might come around and do the same about you.

contempt is the leading indicator for the end of a relationship, family, friend, or sexual. choke it back a bit, try to see their side, give a genuine attempt at it. if it really isn't your thing, well, you tried, but it just isn't your thing. your friends will see you tried, but don't really gel with such interests, and probably try to find a different common ground or just let the friendship naturally dissolve. and about the band thing, you just are going to have to let the pride go there. you made your moral choice about it, now you have to live with it -- shouldn't be too hard considering the teacher was a bigot. ask to play some of the new music with your friend after school some time. you might find he's a lot better than you thought nowadays.

the ill feelings of contempt needs to be aired or it will poison you. contempt comes from superiority complex, and pride is the prime root for all venal sin. it is a cruel transgression, alienating you from all that loved you, leaving you at the end alone, twisted, and angry. expose it, broaden your horizons, soften your assumptions, even if it is challenging. you might find that you were cheating yourself from fun, or a chance to realign your friendships into something that works better for your current states.

it's always good to remember, you aren't half as awesome as you think you are, nor nearly as lame. and that's why life gives you all these opportunities, to explore and improve.

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2005, 07:28 AM
Nothing wrong with being contemptuous about drinking. Then again, my dad used to be an alcoholic, so what the hell do I know about booze? Oh, nothing at all...

darthsaber9x9
May 30, 2005, 05:58 PM
well said opaopajr.

KaFKa
May 31, 2005, 02:26 AM
yum, sounds like college drama!

seriously though, if your that detached from them, just leave them be in their ways, and go about your own business in the way you see fit. theres nothing wrong with being an outcast, even in collage.

that being said, nightly carousing and general drunkenness is good fun, through and through. try it out once or twice if you havent. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

opaopajr
May 31, 2005, 07:25 AM
heh, ian-kun, my dad's an alcoholic too, but i know a thing or two about drinking. after much soul searching i decided to experience what i off-hand condemned. am i conteptuous about it? in a few ways about the social structure our society has around it, sure, but i experienced it and know where the fun comes from as well as the abuse. i have a more balanced opinion about it now because i decided to let my pride go.

it shouldn't be the only legal drug outside of tobacco that's for damn sure. and american culture has a nasty macho cult built around it. and not to mention american's binge behavior about everything. and the risks biochemically are outrageously higher than most other 'recreational pharmaceuticals'. it's addiction rate, both physical and psychological, and recitivism rate is obscenely high. yeah, there's a lot that can be slammed on alcohol. but is it wholly irredeemable? nah, i see where the fun and usefulness comes in. but there's a reason i say, "it isn't my favorite drug."

if your not there yet due to trauma, i understand. but sometimes the best way to undue the sins of our fathers is to face them honestly and humbly. it kills off the mystique, the power they have to enslave or enrage. they become reduced to just another part of life, no greater or lesser than anything else out there that could be misused. a healthy respect is developed. give it a whirl in a controlled environment when you're ready.

Daikarin
May 31, 2005, 10:22 AM
Sometimes you just have to mess up a lot to learn.
If you choose to ignore something, you won't be as experienced enough as when you did that something and made up your mind not to do it.

What I mean is, sometimes you can't run away. You can't ignore things, and assume they're just wrong, because it's not always like that.

Open your mind, do it, and learn from it. It's ok to act immature sometimes, as long as you know the line.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-05-31 08:27 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 31, 2005, 08:28 PM
On 2005-05-31 00:26, KaFKa wrote:
yum, sounds like college drama!

He never mentioned college.

The guy is still finding his way in High School.

That being said his peers are just doing what's cool at the moment. Talking about how much they got drunk and what loose girls at school they slept with, even if they didn't(no proof, just talking out of their ass.)

Stay away from that group if you don't feel comfortable about it. Surely you're the type who is thinking two steps ahead, no? What if the protection breaks, what if I end up with a kid, etc.

What if I drink too much, what if I get caught, etc.

Telling him to experiment under controlled conditions is fine, he can't just go out and hit the club scene for drinks and women though- at his age.

-There were co-workers in the past who just stood around and talked about the party they recently attended over the weekend. How much they drank, listing out the drinks they had availible. Talking about this guy finding out that the girl was with this other guy. Blah blah blah.

My damn boss just sat there and chatted it up too. Hooray for immaturity. I don't think being a loose woman and drinking and having fun with your "friends with benefits" (bullshit) constitutes a great lifestyle. You're just being an attention whore. I'm sorry; I don't find that cool, and could care less what you're talking about. Especially when it interferes with work and when I say something I'm the bad person(with the attitude). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif