PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Mistakes(dont read if you havent seen movie)

Plagarius
May 30, 2005, 06:34 PM
I was watching Episode III,and I remember the scene where Anakin cuts of Dookus head and afterwards the head just disappears.Wat the heck?Another thing,if Mace Windu,Kit Fisto,and to other guys couldnt kill Sidious,what hope does Yoda have?

If you have any other mistakes made by any other star wars movie,post them hear.

Sagasu
May 30, 2005, 06:37 PM
I was too busy enjoying the movie for what it was, rather than try to be pessimistic about it.
^_^

Logical2u
May 30, 2005, 06:55 PM
Obiwan Eps 1-3: English.
Obiwan Eps 4-6: Not english
Vader Eps 1-3: Not english
Vader Eps 4-6: english

thats all I've got.

TheOneHero
May 30, 2005, 10:15 PM
On 2005-05-30 16:55, Logical2u wrote:

thats all I've got.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure the voice is done by the same guy, (For Vader.) in all episodes.

Sef
May 30, 2005, 10:17 PM
James Earl Jones was English?

TheOneHero
May 30, 2005, 10:19 PM
On 2005-05-30 20:17, Sef wrote:
James Earl Jones was English?

Oh snap to the max. >_>

Well, wouldn't it be like, Half of ep3-6? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

agenevil
May 30, 2005, 11:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/zombierock/1113733523327.jpg

Outrider
May 31, 2005, 01:40 AM
On 2005-05-30 16:34, Plagarius wrote:
I was watching Episode III,and I remember the scene where Anakin cuts of Dookus head and afterwards the head just disappears.Wat the heck?Another thing,if Mace Windu,Kit Fisto,and to other guys couldnt kill Sidious,what hope does Yoda have?

If you have any other mistakes made by any other star wars movie,post them hear.

Barring Mace Windu, none of the other Jedi Knights that went to fight Sidious were that remarkable for Jedi Masters. And remember, Mace Windu DOES beat Sidious, and is only defeated when Anakin attacks him. What I don't understand is why Yoda gives up so easily.

And Logical, I don't know what you're talking about, because Ewan McGregor does an excellent job of emulationg Alec Guinness. And Alec Guinness happens to be British. He's SIR Alec Guinness, for Pete's sake.

Also, I think that when you ignore the fact that Vader and Anakin are different due to the voice synthesizer that Anakin's suit uses, I think they both have similar accents.

I think the biggest "mistake" is that Padme dies. In Return of the Jedi, Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. She says she has some memories, but that her mother died when she was very young. When I first saw that scene, it gave me the impression she was talking about the mother of both Luke and Leia. Now, since Padme dies, she's simply talking about Bail Organa's wife, making that line in ROTJ completely pointless in regards to the characters, Luke in particular.

Also, it really bugs me that they don't explicitly say that the Stormtroopers in Episodes 4-6 are Clone Troopers from the Clone Wars. There are several reasons this can't be the case, mostly because the Stormtroopers are all different sizes and shapes and have different voices. Along with that, there are a lot of characters in the Star Wars universe that were former stormtroopers, even if most of them are EU.

Anyway, those are my personal problems with the plot. At least, those I can remember.

But turning off my SW Continuity Geek mode, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and must definitely see it again soon.

KaFKa
May 31, 2005, 02:18 AM
The movie was great

The only problem i had, was that Yoda didnt go uber-ass-whoop mode on Sidius like he did whatsisface.

i mean seriously, you go from the flipping, spinning, crouching tiger hidden dragon WTF-ness from episode two, to only a little bit of WTF for episode three.

ah well, why am i bitching, Yoda retains all his badass-ness when he hobbled into the room and force-pwned the two guards, and kept hobbling on.

god, im tired.

Deathscythealpha
May 31, 2005, 06:13 AM
On 2005-05-30 23:40, Outrider wrote:
Also, it really bugs me that they don't explicitly say that the Stormtroopers in Episodes 4-6 are Clone Troopers from the Clone Wars. There are several reasons this can't be the case, mostly because the Stormtroopers are all different sizes and shapes and have different voices. Along with that, there are a lot of characters in the Star Wars universe that were former stormtroopers, even if most of them are EU.

I remember someone explaining that in the twenty years between Episode 3 and 4, alot of the original Clone Troopers would have died in combat and such, forcing the Empire into a recruiment program to replenish their forces. Seeing as they cant just go clone a load of new Troopers, their left to get people from local planets.

Hadnt Bigg's returned from the Empire Training Academy before he joined the rebels and Luke was even considering joining the Academy himself (until Larrs stops him. Guessing he was trying to protect his Nephew from being found by his father, and not just being a prick who needed an extra farm hand).

Daikarin
May 31, 2005, 10:20 AM
On 2005-05-30 16:37, Sagasu wrote:
I was too busy enjoying the movie for what it was, rather than try to be pessimistic about it.
^_^

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/e/eb/180px-Pwned_cat1.jpg

Scejntjynahl
May 31, 2005, 10:53 AM
On 2005-05-30 23:40, Outrider wrote:
Barring Mace Windu, none of the other Jedi Knights that went to fight Sidious were that remarkable for Jedi Masters. And remember, Mace Windu DOES beat Sidious, and is only defeated when Anakin attacks him. What I don't understand is why Yoda gives up so easily.

Mace Windu was merely reflecting that which Sidious was attacking with and yes he was defeated by Anakin's intrusion. Makes you wonder though if Sidious was infact letting himself be defeated in order to push Anakin to that point of no return? If anything Sidious is a great schemer.

Yoda had the tactical disavantage of been in the lower ground while Sidious had high ground. In reverse that is what took place with Kenobi and Skywalker. Kenobi had the high ground while Skywalker did not. And you know how that ended. Yoda also lost his lightsaber and recognized he had lost the advantage. Perhaps he chose exile because he could not endure the fact that he lost. Who knows.

And Logical, I don't know what you're talking about, because Ewan McGregor does an excellent job of emulationg Alec Guinness. And Alec Guinness happens to be British. He's SIR Alec Guinness, for Pete's sake.

One should look at the overall effectiveness of the actor, if all you have to complain about is the accent... tsk tsk. That is entirely tolerable if the acting is well done. Which in my opinion it was.

Also, I think that when you ignore the fact that Vader and Anakin are different due to the voice synthesizer that Anakin's suit uses, I think they both have similar accents.

As close as possible. At least it explains why Vader isnt as mobile in the later series and relies more on the use of the Force.

I think the biggest "mistake" is that Padme dies. In Return of the Jedi, Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. She says she has some memories, but that her mother died when she was very young. When I first saw that scene, it gave me the impression she was talking about the mother of both Luke and Leia. Now, since Padme dies, she's simply talking about Bail Organa's wife, making that line in ROTJ completely pointless in regards to the characters, Luke in particular.

You forget that the Skywalker "clan" is somewhat clairvoyant and can see events in the future and at times in the past. Of course they are incoherent dreams to those that are not trained well. Witness Anakins dreams of Padme's death, and remember Lukes visions in the cave where he confronts Vader and winds up been himself (foreshadowing there my friends). And though that line may be pointless in ROTJ to us the viewers, it isnt pointless to Luke, one must see things through the eyes of characters.

By the time the clones were created Jango Fett was still alive. And he was the supplier of the pure dna strand. If we follow suit to most fictional cloning information (other movies, books, etc) there is a deteroation of the strand of dna the more it gets cloned, hence the original is always required. Which would explain that perhaps once the Empire held its firm grip, it may have began to "enlist" more troops.

Anyway, those are my personal problems with the plot. At least, those I can remember.

Well at least it answers why R2D2 and C3PO dont recognize Luke's last name with that of their former owner. >.>

But turning off my SW Continuity Geek mode, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and must definitely see it again soon.

I agree http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif To me I watched it just to see Kenobi duke it out with Skywalker, and I was not dissappointed.

I just wish Skywalker would have shown a bit more remorse or anguish in joining the dark side.

EphekZ
May 31, 2005, 04:26 PM
Well at least it answers why R2D2 and C3PO dont recognize Luke's last name with that of their former owner. >.>

C3po got his mind wiped at the end(of course didnt show it but thast hwy he was so well hectic sorta..)

R2D2 doesnt gib a fuck and no one would understand him anyways, and telling C3PO would be pointless because he doesnt know.

I just wish Skywalker would have shown a bit more remorse or anguish in joining the dark side.

lol he was crying =P

but on a serious note I think he should have left teh dark side after learning he in fact did not save padme as sidous said.

Sagasu
May 31, 2005, 04:33 PM
On 2005-05-31 14:26, darkgunner wrote:

but on a serious note I think he should have left teh dark side after learning he in fact did not save padme as sidous said.

One doesnt simply "leave" the dark side after slaughtering everything that once meant anything to him. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

EphekZ
May 31, 2005, 04:36 PM
On 2005-05-31 14:33, Sagasu wrote:

On 2005-05-31 14:26, darkgunner wrote:

One doesnt simply "leave" the dark side after slaughtering everything that once meant anything to him. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

good point...

Outrider
May 31, 2005, 05:19 PM
On 2005-05-31 08:53, Scejntjynahl wrote:

Mace Windu was merely reflecting that which Sidious was attacking with and yes he was defeated by Anakin's intrusion. Makes you wonder though if Sidious was infact letting himself be defeated in order to push Anakin to that point of no return? If anything Sidious is a great schemer.

Well, of course we have to consider that Sidious may have been letting himself lose. But then again, would he really be willling to maim himself for the cause? I can see why he might, but I can also see him not wanting to do that.

But as far as we know, since we can't really look into Sidious' thoughts, Mace beats him in lightsaber battle. But it's worth mentioning that while two of the Jedi accompanying him got killed instantly, Kit Fisto managed to fight for a bit before going down because he's awesome.

Yoda had the tactical disavantage of been in the lower ground while Sidious had high ground. In reverse that is what took place with Kenobi and Skywalker. Kenobi had the high ground while Skywalker did not. And you know how that ended. Yoda also lost his lightsaber and recognized he had lost the advantage. Perhaps he chose exile because he could not endure the fact that he lost. Who knows.

I mean, yeah, I get why Yoda decided to go into exile. It's just that it seemed like he gave up so easily. I'm kinda chalking that up to the fact that I felt some parts of the movie felt rushed. There were several key scenes I felt went by a bit quickly without the necessary build-up. This would probably be one scene that I think could be better if we saw Yoda fail more than once, or perhaps realize that running away is the best idea. I dunno, it's just something I was thinking about.

You forget that the Skywalker "clan" is somewhat clairvoyant and can see events in the future and at times in the past. Of course they are incoherent dreams to those that are not trained well. Witness Anakins dreams of Padme's death, and remember Lukes visions in the cave where he confronts Vader and winds up been himself (foreshadowing there my friends). And though that line may be pointless in ROTJ to us the viewers, it isnt pointless to Luke, one must see things through the eyes of characters.

But see, the original way that line is portrayed is that Luke is wondering if Leia remembers her mother, who is also Luke's mother. If it's just Bail Organa's wife, then the line really doesn't mean anything. Luke asking the question means something, but since Leia's response doesn't, the exchange isn't really important in regards to the movie as a whole.

I personally think having her remember her dead mother through the force is poor-writing, and doesn't make much sense. She might be able to receive visions of her mother, but they would be from before she was born, so obviously it couldn't be a memory of spending time with her mother as the line leads us to believe. Also, it seems to me that most of the time Jedi are really only able to tap into visions once they have learned to focus the force to a certain extent. Leia has had no training whatsoever at that point.

By the time the clones were created Jango Fett was still alive. And he was the supplier of the pure dna strand. If we follow suit to most fictional cloning information (other movies, books, etc) there is a deteroation of the strand of dna the more it gets cloned, hence the original is always required. Which would explain that perhaps once the Empire held its firm grip, it may have began to "enlist" more troops.

See, I know that. And you know that. But Lucas doesn't explicitly say that the stormtroopers aren't clone troopers. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out, but I fear for what it's going to do for EU continuity when people who get confused start thinking every stormtrooper is a former clone trooper.

Just one line is all I'm asking for. Just have somebody say "Well, all the clone troopers are gonna die, so we should start recruiting soldiers." I just need it to be blatantly said so there won't be arguments years down the line about it.

geewj
May 31, 2005, 06:27 PM
On 2005-05-30 16:37, Sagasu wrote:
^_^

Some people enjoy movies to the point where they remember a lot of things about them. And then when they watch continuations of said movies they recognize inconsistencies since they liked the last one enough to remember, and liked the current one enough to pay close attention. Not being pessimistic mind you, but just paying close attention to the movie they are enjoying.
^_^

Sef
May 31, 2005, 07:05 PM

Wtf

Mixfortune
May 31, 2005, 08:20 PM
On 2005-05-31 15:19, Outrider wrote:

I mean, yeah, I get why Yoda decided to go into exile. It's just that it seemed like he gave up so easily. I'm kinda chalking that up to the fact that I felt some parts of the movie felt rushed. There were several key scenes I felt went by a bit quickly without the necessary build-up. This would probably be one scene that I think could be better if we saw Yoda fail more than once, or perhaps realize that running away is the best idea. I dunno, it's just something I was thinking about.

Heh, yeah, I was a bit confused about that as well. All he really did was stand up after falling, and walk away. That's it. Eh.

But see, the original way that line is portrayed is that Luke is wondering if Leia remembers her mother, who is also Luke's mother. If it's just Bail Organa's wife, then the line really doesn't mean anything. Luke asking the question means something, but since Leia's response doesn't, the exchange isn't really important in regards to the movie as a whole.

But it can be. Not all characters necessarily have to know everything or have explained through the movie on both ends that everything matches perfectly. The fact there is that "flaw" in Leia's answer could even possibly make it better... makes it more realistic of an exchange, for sure.

It could also show that while they are twins, they have lived completely seperate lives. Except for the "bloodline", there really is not much connection between them. That scene can show that. Perhaps it was intended even at first that Leia had memories of Organa's wife. I'd have to see 4-6 again to recall this scene and fit it together.

See, I know that. And you know that. But Lucas doesn't explicitly say that the stormtroopers aren't clone troopers. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out, but I fear for what it's going to do for EU continuity when people who get confused start thinking every stormtrooper is a former clone trooper.

Just one line is all I'm asking for. Just have somebody say "Well, all the clone troopers are gonna die, so we should start recruiting soldiers." I just need it to be blatantly said so there won't be arguments years down the line about it.

Well, the thing is, without something so obvious to argue about, more attention would be focused on the more... complex issues that for the most part would be unresolvable.

I'm thinking it's something that, if it was to be "argued" or have confusion around it, then it'd be argued about even if there was a line somewhere explicitally stating it, since some people wouldn't necessarily recall the line off hand. With something so obvious, if people were to argue about it, they'd do it regardless of there being a line or not.

Besides... there are more subtle lines pointing towards it anyways. Not everything has to be explicitally stated. That'd be bad storytelling.

Eanae
May 31, 2005, 08:28 PM

She could always mean the "mother" she had when that guy took her at the end? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

KodiaX987
May 31, 2005, 09:07 PM
I saw the beginning of the Death Star in Episode III.

Now, according to my calculations, the first Death Star took over 20 years to build, while the second one only took about 3 years to get to 2/3rds completion. Werd.

Deathscythealpha
May 31, 2005, 09:10 PM
On 2005-05-31 15:19, Outrider wrote:

texttextexttext Kit Fisto managed to fight for a bit before going down because he's awesome.
[/qoute]

If only Plo Koon had been there...

[quote]
texttexttexttext Yoda Easily goes into Exile
[/qoute]

I didnt like that bit much, as it really did seem like "Oh dear, Ive fallen over, i think i shall go into exile". But then again, Sidious beating the living snot out of Yoda, leaving him barely alive would justify his exile, but would be harsh on the kids.

[qoute]

Ah, but if they had put a like like that in, it would have felt as bad as the rush job 'Oh yeah, wipe C3PO's memory' line. Maybe a short build up of some medical officers explaining they cant produce anymore troops, maybe some more 'natuaral' sources should be explored.

Solstis
May 31, 2005, 09:25 PM
On 2005-05-31 19:07, KodiaX987 wrote:

Now, according to my calculations, the first Death Star took over 20 years to build, while the second one only took about 3 years to get to 2/3rds completion. Werd.

Well, they had to put in the daycare center...

Also, the EU ARC soldiers are kept around in order to make sure that there's fresh DNA.

(The Clone Wars Cartoon Badasses)

Outrider
Jun 1, 2005, 02:48 AM
On 2005-05-31 18:20, Mixfortune wrote:
Besides... there are more subtle lines pointing towards it anyways. Not everything has to be explicitally stated. That'd be bad storytelling.

Well... this IS a Star Wars movie we're talking about.

Question: Does anybody have any information in regards to the attack by the Separatists on Kamino? I found some mentions in the StarWars.com Databank that Kamino was attacked during the Clone Wars, but I can't find what EU source it's from, or what the eventual result was. If Kamino's cloning capabilities were destroyed, that would easily solve the problem.

Mixfortune
Jun 1, 2005, 03:06 AM
On 2005-06-01 00:48, Outrider wrote:

On 2005-05-31 18:20, Mixfortune wrote:

Well... this IS a Star Wars movie we're talking about.

Right, but that doesn't mean there can't be hints of attempts at good here and there.

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2005, 03:07 AM
Well, this IS a Star Wars movie we're talking about. XP

Plagarius
Jun 4, 2005, 06:01 PM
On 2005-05-30 20:15, TheOneHero wrote:

thats all I've got.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure the voice is done by the same guy, (For Vader.) in all episodes.

Actually Vader was originally played by an African American,but he was not young enough to play Anakin Episodes 1-3 so they picked that one blonde guy.

Plagarius
Jun 4, 2005, 06:05 PM
On 2005-05-31 00:18, KaFKa wrote:
The movie was great

The only problem i had, was that Yoda didnt go uber-ass-whoop mode on Sidius like he did whatsisface.

i mean seriously, you go from the flipping, spinning, crouching tiger hidden dragon WTF-ness from episode two, to only a little bit of WTF for episode three.

ah well, why am i bitching, Yoda retains all his badass-ness when he hobbled into the room and force-pwned the two guards, and kept hobbling on.

god, im tired.

That totally makes sense but think about it if Yoda did kill Sidius what would become of Episode 4-6. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Plagarius
Jun 4, 2005, 06:08 PM

Maybe they were already planning the second death star,and you gotta remember,the first death star was the Empires first kick at the can with a death star,maybe they had more experience in the whole thang. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Ketchup345
Jun 4, 2005, 06:13 PM

They may have started the second one before the completion (and destruction) of the first. That's what a few friends said when I asked the same question.

And "Werd."? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 4, 2005, 06:16 PM
On 2005-06-04 16:01, Plagarius wrote:

Huh?

Actually Vader was originally played by an African American,but he was not young enough to play Anakin Episodes 1-3 so they picked that one blonde guy.

I'm no big fan or anything, but man, in this same topic it says his name.
James Earl Jones.
He does Darth Vader's voice.
Another guy did the acting(under the costume/mask).

Anyone else who knows more, please correct me as needed.

@Ketchup
Shuri must have meant:
Word or Weird. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-06-04 16:18 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jun 4, 2005, 06:18 PM

Yeah I know that, dude was James Earl Jones. He did the voice, while another guy was in the costume. Then there was, "The Breather".

How many african americans do you know/have heard of that are English?

That's why I got confused. <_<; I wasn't thinking James wasn't English. >_>;

Edit* FMW, ye beat me to it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-06-04 16:19 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 4, 2005, 06:24 PM
On 2005-06-04 16:18, TheOneHero wrote:

Edit* FMW, ye beat me to it!

*Starts breakdancing*
Served! Served! SERVED! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On topic(somewhat)in the only episode I have watched of the series Clone Wars, which had Mace Windu fighting robots single-handedly, was hot! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ketchup345
Jun 4, 2005, 06:55 PM
On 2005-06-04 16:16, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
@Ketchup
Shuri must have meant:

I get that, but it is a funny typo (to me at least). I may start using that, once I figure out how to say it properly. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Plagarius
Jun 4, 2005, 06:57 PM

Huh?

I'm no big fan or anything, but man, in this same topic it says his name.
James Earl Jones.
He does Darth Vader's voice.
Another guy did the acting(under the costume/mask).

Anyone else who knows more, please correct me as needed.

@Ketchup
Shuri must have meant:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-06-04 16:18 ]</font>
That explains why when darth vader is unmasked he is white.

BTW under further research I discovered Vader in the costume was played by Sebastian Shaw

Deathscythealpha
Jun 4, 2005, 07:08 PM
On 2005-06-04 16:57, Plagarius wrote:
BTW under further research I discovered Vader in the costume was played by Sebastian Shaw

Ooh, nearly had a fit there. Thought that you meant the guy who was the body of Vader was Sebastian Shaw, then i realised you meant the 'head' at the end of Jedi.

Cant forget David Prowse, who sort of lives up the road from me (Its only an hour drive from my house to Bristol City).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086190/fullcredits

Love how many Ewoks were credited.

Plagarius
Jun 4, 2005, 08:54 PM
Hey I just wanna thank you all for posting here and for getting us 233 hits!(thats a personal record)Thanks!

Django
Jun 4, 2005, 10:11 PM
I didn't see if anyone already pointed this out, but Leia never knew she was a Skywalker or under foster care during the whole time she grew up. She is referred to as "Princess Leia Organa" in the old crap, so she probably used to think that Bail and his wife were his parents.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 6, 2005, 04:20 AM
On 2005-06-04 16:55, Ketchup345 wrote:

@Ketchup
Shuri must have meant:

I get that, but it is a funny typo (to me at least). I may start using that, once I figure out how to say it properly. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Indeed.
To me it sounded like an accented "word."
What accent? Bum California surfer steroetype maybe?
I've seen "word" typed out as "werd" before.

Regardless, still funny. Made me think a minute about it too, what Kodi was talking about(since both work there in that context). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif