PDA

View Full Version : How do you say goodbye?

Sayara
Jun 1, 2005, 10:04 PM
As the title says. How can you tell someone goodbye? I have a friend i've known (and been tackled by) for four years. Wait. 5.
We've been like opposites of one another, I the feminine man, she the tom boy, but with such realitivly close subject relations (she taught me pump it up too)

How am i supposed to say goodbye to that? to her?
I am having a hard time feeling this, its so sudden, and happening too fast...

How?

Sagasu
Jun 1, 2005, 10:10 PM
Goodbye doesnt always mean forever, you know.

Thinking that, is what helps me whenever I have to say the word.

navci
Jun 1, 2005, 10:17 PM
Why do you have to say goodbye?
There is this thing call the internet. Keeping in touch has never been easier.

Just hug. Say good luck, and keep in touch. Then well, keep in touch.

Sayara
Jun 1, 2005, 10:19 PM
I know, it just... doesn't feel quite right, not having the crazy pouncer on me, who would like always make me laugh and was basic screwball...

She's moving far, by herself so its possible that phones, internet, a stable house might take a while.

Sagasu
Jun 1, 2005, 10:51 PM
I think you never can really see a person as they really are unless you're face to face. Which is why once you've met the person, connections through the internet and the phone seem so shallow.

A month, a year, it really wont make much of a difference. Keep in touch, one less regret you'll have to worry about later. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zelutos
Jun 4, 2005, 12:05 AM
On 2005-06-01 20:19, Tingle wrote:

She's moving far, by herself so its possible that phones, internet, a stable house might take a while.

why not go along to support her? that's basically what i'm doing for one of my friends.

Sayara
Jun 4, 2005, 12:12 AM
Sure, i'd be down with that, if she wasnt going across the country. (Im on the east, shes going west)
and currently, i have no money for a trip that far. :/

trypticon
Jun 4, 2005, 01:03 AM
Tingle, you never say goodbye. Just remember that.

Let me explain about that for a moment, as if it was asked for when really I'm looking for an excuse to go off on some long tangent again because I feel underappreciated all the time.

Though she may leave, may be gone from you physically for a very long time or perhaps even forever, you will still have the memories of her and the things the both of you have done. Those memories can be something cherished, or something left to the side. In time, you will forget her, you will not have a choice in the matter because life just gets in the way. For now though, the memories will be there to comfort you, to help you feel the warmth of companionship inside. But there will come a day when you will wake up, not dwelling on her memory anymore, and move on. It can be painful, sometimes even violent, but it is something you will have to go through with everybody in your life, should you outlast them all.

So get a good impression of this one if she hasn't departed yet; the look, the feel, the curve, the smell, the colors, the shades, the personality, the reactions, and most importantly, HER. Take it all in with one breath, with a snapshot of your eyes blinking in fond reverie. She is a friend to you and always will be in rememberance.

Just make sure she has the chance to do the same with you.