PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Tuesdays

Deathscythealpha
Jun 7, 2005, 05:37 PM
Garfield can keep his Mondays, im claiming Tuesdays as my nemesis. Has been a magical* day for me for some strange reason.

8:00 am: I wake up. Ok, not very odd, or bad. Cept I had one of those weird nights of sleeping on the wrong side and eventually just sort of fell out of bed. Least I can get breakfast...milks gone south. Well least its 4 hours till I have to go to work.

11:00 am: Wonder down the shops to get my older brothers birthday present. This goes ok, but the trip doesnt. Get stopped by 2 clipboarders from the same group only a distance of 4 metres apart. Damn you evil clipboarders, you will not get my money! Get my brothers present ('Labyrinth Collectors Edition' DVD, fear the Bowie) then nearly get hit by a bicycle while crossing the road with a big group of people. I am the only one to get yelled at by the old guy on said bicycle.

12:15pm: Ah, 15 minutes into my work shift, what could go wrong? Well I burn my tongue on a cup of tea, then get 2 very drunk Chavs come up to me (yes, drunk at 12:15pm. They even had alcohol with them in the shop). Now, I tried to serve them as best they can, but there wreacked, so its all gurbled. I sell them GTA:SA and hope thats the last of it. They took their horrible smell with them thankfully.

12:20pm: Had a nice chat with a Resident Evil fan who was surprised to find another Resident Evil fan. Just as that guy leaves, the drunks return! Apparently they forgot they had no money, so they need to return GTA:SA. They had switched the game in the box. I know its a different disc as I had to scrutinise the first one for scratches to applease them. They start kicking up a stink, asking for Joypads as well as a refund and just being pissed. My senior basically told me to swap the game, sell thema cheap controller and just get them out of there. They finally left and I was able to breath through my nose again (their smell came back as well as them).

14:30pm: A couple try to sell a console. They dont like the cash price, but agree anyway. When I tell them that a controller isnt working they kick up an even bigger fuss, say ok, then change their mind after I complete the log of this and get their cash. I give em back the Console and spend the next 5 minutes trying to fix the cock up.

15:00pm: The couple come back, and try to sell the console again. Which means testing again, and checking ID again. ROOOOOAAAAARRRRRR!

16:00pm: Clocking off time! But no. It gets busy and they need me to stay in for an hour longer. A stupid person tries to sell me a Lava Lamp.

18:00pm: Finally home. Friend kindly offers to leave me some bread to make sandwiches for my 9hour trip home tomorrow. Im really thankful for this, then qucikly go grab my Gundam Seed DVD's for him. Wave him off then realised he forgot to leave the bread. I eat sausages and egg to cheer myself up.

22:00pm: Finish packing my suitcase and all my DS games for trip then log into Final Fantasy 11 (Bismarck server, look for Arctor the warrior people!). My Linkshell has been doing some serious leveling and I can no longer join them on adventures (damn work for taking my game time). This is ok, as I seem to be in high demand for parties anyway. it takes me 40 minutes to get to the party who needs me as I was 3 maps away, and when I finally get there, I meet a beast called a Bogy. Whats a Bogy? Pure death! I didnt know this and was promptly obliterated. The party I was going to join see's this, yell 'Bogy!' then run away. My heroes. I eat sand for 15 minutes, then I get raised by a nice chap, then head back to a town. A party asks me to join them, and say 'Hell yeah', then they say 'Whoops, we already got a Warrior'. Ok, ok, I can find a third party. 3 minutes later: 'Need Party?'. Yes! Yes, I yell. 'Whoops, Party Leader just filled the last spot http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif'.

At that point I think my soul was finally destroyed and I logged out, cursing the day that is Tuesday.

Then I came here and decided to get this strange day off my chest. I am hoping tomorrow goes a lot better, as I cant deal with any crazy shit while travelling on a bus by myself for 9 hours straight.

Least I got Final Fight One to play on my DS for most of the trip http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Daikarin
Jun 8, 2005, 12:30 PM
Ironically, the day of the week I hated the most on this semester was Tuesday too.

Almost always had a "surprise" mini-exam on that day. "This will evaluate your knowledge and let you stay up with what we're studying". Yeah right. If I ever get the chance to evaluate your "capacity to evaluate students as well as teach, explain, control the noise in class and submit files to the availability of the average student", I'll definitively give you a 0/20.

Genoa
Jun 8, 2005, 02:58 PM
But... the Domino's pizza 2 for Tuesday special >_> ...

RoninJoku
Jun 8, 2005, 04:25 PM
lol! Bogys.... I'm guessing you were in those cursed dunes! >.< God damn I hate FFXI... But anyway... that sounds like a pretty annoying day... But it was good for a laugh on my end! As an employee in that horrid business that is retail I can sympathize with those parts as well... The part about the drunks... Well lemme just say, I've had my fair share of drunk ass scrubs come into my store and try to pull off some crazy crap... Haha... Lava lamp... that's funny... Where do you work? A game store of sorts? Sounds like a usual fun and exciting day at work...

Deathscythealpha
Jun 9, 2005, 06:55 AM
Yep, those stupid Dunes. I miss Windhurst, it was safe there and I enjoyed killing Yagudo.

I work in a Games Shop in the UK. Great job, I fricken love working there. Only problem is taht I seem to get the most retarded customers in the world. But its the same with nearly all retail.

Wednesday was a slightly better day. Ok, I fell asleep on the bus constantly and sort of kicked an old guy sitting next tome when I shuddered awake, but I did see some animals on the way home. Saw a Deer, a Fox and a field full of Rabbits. I forgot Animals existed while living in a city. Well, except of grotty Pigeons.

Daikarin
Jun 9, 2005, 09:05 AM
My favorite day is usually the Friday, I'm sure you know why. But this semester, Friday's the day I have less classes, so leaves me time to hang out with the buds, go to the bar and catch the newspaper, without any rush to catch the bus.

Wednesdays are cool too, but nothing can wipe off that feeling of having two and a half days of rest ahead of you.

RoninJoku
Jun 9, 2005, 11:58 AM
On 2005-06-09 04:55, Deathscythealpha wrote:
I work in a Games Shop in the UK. Great job, I fricken love working there. Only problem is taht I seem to get the most retarded customers in the world. But its the same with nearly all retail.

We should compete for who has the most retarded customers... I think I might be able to take you down lol...

Jive18
Jun 9, 2005, 01:35 PM
Now that school's out, I can start liking Sunday's again. Even though it was a day-off, I hated having to finish all of last-minute projects and homework due on Monday, and the agony of knowing that the next day was going to be hell.

Why does it seem like school was created by Communists?

Edit - typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2005-06-09 11:36 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 9, 2005, 04:18 PM
On 2005-06-09 11:35, Jive18 wrote:

You mean everything shared out equally and all students are considered to be on the same level as each other?

I think you meant fascists http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Daikarin
Jun 9, 2005, 05:19 PM
On 2005-06-09 14:18, Deathscythealpha wrote:

You mean everything shared out equally and all students are considered to be on the same level as each other?

I think you meant fascists http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll tell you one thing, it sure seems like college was made by extreme-right dudes, seriously.

Jive18
Jun 10, 2005, 11:16 AM
On 2005-06-09 15:19, Even_Jin wrote:

On 2005-06-09 14:18, Deathscythealpha wrote:

I'll tell you one thing, it sure seems like college was made by extreme-right dudes, seriously.

Yeah I guess Fascists would be right. Jin - that's exactly what my sister would say to me, always bragging about stupid college...

Daikarin
Jun 10, 2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but I'm talking more along the lines of Professors. Everyone's so caught up in their own PhDs, conferences and the fact that students are dependant of them that they forget that we are people too.

Jive18
Jun 10, 2005, 11:27 AM
On 2005-06-10 09:20, Even_Jin wrote:
Yeah, but I'm talking more along the lines of Professors. Everyone's so caught up in their own PhDs, conferences and the fact that students are dependant of them that they forget that we are people too.

Oh ok. I know what you about that, I had a teacher for World History AP this year who's working towards a Doctorate, and his class ended up being a piece of shit. He assigned every retarded project possible and during class only payed attention to one particular girl, damn perv http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.