PDA

View Full Version : blueburst hating and forum antics

AndvariAR
Jun 9, 2005, 06:30 AM
I've been lurking on/off for the past year; seven months ago I moved from GC to Xbox, and two months after that I ended up having to leave PSO entirely. With the BB beta i've been back and reading up much more often.

What I'm coming across here is damn near distressing. I am absolutely thrilled by Blueburst, and am enjoying more than I have any PSO iteration since the Dreamcast launch. (Having played every single version except Episode III, i like to think that means something.)

Why, then, is this forum community so fraught with elitism, misinformation, and moreover a seemingly fervent batch of BB-haters?

Firstoff, the sheer size of the "I cheat because I like to, fuck you" community is astonishing. Nobody seems to have any value for the joys of a valid player community and economy. Where items and finds mean something, and you actually have a USE for the goddamn trade window.

I played PSOGC online for three months and Xbox for two, and found that cheating was so rampant that there was minimal real purpose to the game. I lost interest short of level 40 with every character I attempted. There was no community, just religious zealotry on the two sides; the cheaters everywhere who didn't have a care in the world for others, and the legits who clung to their tiny groups, afraid to go out and form a valid player economy.

Blueburst, being free of cheating, has devloped a robust player community. Trades go through often without the assholish lobby begging we've been used to. People actually share treasure, knowing that the strength of the party is greater than the strength of their bloody bank deposit. The team system rewards altruism and community-minded thinking in fantastic ways.

With all my experiences with DC v1, v2, and both consoles of Eps I&II, this is quite possibly the greatest I have ever seen it.

But the pro-cheating group hates it because its serverside and, surprise, difficult to cheat in. The legits hate it for anything they can come up with;

A) no voicechat, keyboard controls suck.

Two things can solve this. 1) Learn to type, its not the massive effort youre making it out to be, and 2) spend 15 bucks on a nice PC controller. Come on, the game is a FREE DOWNLOAD. Consider that fifteen dollars spent towards its basic purchase and no more.

B) you can't play offline for free.

You can play solo mode with all the original quests, but sorry, the price of SECURE SERVERSIDE STORAGE means you must connect to a server. Why are so many people in this forum obsessed with playing singleplayer exclusively? Moreover, why do they consider it such a SIN to imply that the game was MEANT to be played online?

C) the team/clan system creates enemies out of friends, they say.

as an american gamer myself, I have no qualms making the following accusation. In an exclusively co-operative game like PSO, american gamers are absolute pricks. Call it a culture gap, but japanese servers thrived in the original DC days while american players bitched nonstop about the lack of PVP modes. For some reason we, as a collective, were less interested in building a community than we were in shooting eachother in the face. Why the fuck are we, as a culture, always looking to make immediate threats against each other? The team system creates a minor community; a tightly-knit group that works towards collective good. Except in rare events, they do NOT compete against other teams at all! the point is group achievement, NOT at somebody's expense. All it does it add to the spirit of the game and create more group-minded players who watch out for eachother and know how to contribute to the whole.

D) so-called 'legit' players are angry that they can't dupe their favorite items for 'backup.'

hypocritical asses. Firstoff, way to bust your whole legit thing. I know, lockups and DCs can threaten your items. Its a threat. Guess what. In Blueburst, it is nigh-IMPOSSIBLE to lose your items. Through disconnections, spontanteous shutdowns because I play it fullscreen, to outright power failures, NOTHING has fucked with my save or my items in Blueburst. I don't NEED to dupe my stuff because I don't have a paranoid reason to do so. I don't so much as lose magsync when I enter a new game in Blueburst.

the game was founded as a community-based concept. the enemy in the game is every retarded, near-sighted mutant critter that attacks you from forest to tower. Your allies are, and were always MEANT to be EVERY OTHER PLAYER. This is undeniable. For some reason our culture thrives on pissing on eachother, because from the start we fucked it all up.

Yeah, there are japanese hackers. But you know what? Time and again its shown that its nowhere NEAR the degree of ours. The console versions have lost any universal community they may have briefly had. Cheating and self-centered bitchery is entirely to blame.

Hacked items leaking into the community destroys the ingame economy. With no value left in your finds, people don't put the effort into finding them, the sense of identity given by your finds will be nullified, and the most central sense of the game is lost; its a quest to unlock the secrets and treasures of the gaming world and enrich the community with them. The COMMUNITY.

BB is still hack-free. People find inferno bazookas and give them to the ranger in the party. People find high-level spells and, if not a force, give them to the nearest one. People are contributing, sharing, and working together. Functional trades are going through. People who desperately want addslots need just ask about, and somebody will soon name a price (if not give it for free.) It is ENTIRELY thanks to 'forced' legitimacy and the taught altruism of the team system that it is thriving so well. The challenge has returned. The community is worthwhile. You can go into any lobby, find somebody your level and set out for conquest alongside them.

No FSODs. No Noling. No PKing. Just a shitload of people who are nice enough to save some of the dozens of varistas they find in the hopes of making some noob ranger's day with them.

How the cheaters can admit they lack the balls to contribute to a healthy player economy with valid effort is beyond me. How the 'legits' can label themselves and practice as if some kind of pompous cult is obscene. They claim the BB teams are privatized elitists and yet the only way to PLAY on Xbox servers is to find a tiny, likeminded crew to run with.

I'm sorry that Blueburst is hackproof. I'm sorry that it FORCES people to work TOGETHER. I'm sorry that it makes use of the social graces that elementary school tried and apparently failed to teach us.

But not since the first month of DCv1 have I actually enjoyed the game like this. Rumors still fly about regarding the rarest weapons. There's still so much to look forward to. When you see an amazing weapon on somebody, you know for a FACT that something hardcore had to go down for them to get their hands on it. its all earned, and moreover, its all shared. Everybody in the game is actually TRYING now. Those damn DB's sabers are WORTH something to people, whether passed down to noobs who lust for them or contributed to the team for further achievements, every single item and shred of meseta is cycling into a proper player-based economy. For every career trader there is a philanthropist somewhere as well.

Groups are banding together for online quests constantly. Everyone is out for the same goal. I'm starting to become glad so many people don't want BB. They seem like the types who'd just fuck it up for those of us who enjoy it.

This is, in effect, my going-away post to PSOW. I loved the original PSO for its player-and-player dynamic. it was never versus, nor was it meant to be. A game that made all players allies, and the american release demanded we be made enemies. Why are we so bad at co-op and community-oriented games? Why is "pro-cheating" even a condonable position? Are there really such serious cultural differences at work that we must be obsessed with divisive competition?

Seriously, I love Blueburst. It feels like the old PSO is new all over again. That's all I ever wanted out of any of the other versions, and what none delivered.

it just feels that this site seems to have degraded from a "uniting hunters" compendium to a mag-feeding quick-reference accompanied by a glorified scribbleboard. I know that me leaving the forums is no huge deal; I was never too active, I just read along. But I have to know, am I completely alone in these thoughts? Am I the only person here who enjoyed PSO for that kind of challenge, and for the community, of all things?

PJ
Jun 9, 2005, 07:11 AM
On 2005-06-09 04:30, AndvariAR wrote:
D) so-called 'legit' players are angry that they can't dupe their favorite items for 'backup.'

hypocritical asses. Firstoff, way to bust your whole legit thing. I know, lockups and DCs can threaten your items. Its a threat. Guess what. In Blueburst, it is nigh-IMPOSSIBLE to lose your items.

What happens when you lose a hard-earned SRank fully grinded to FSOD? Or better yet, when a BB player loses a fully grinded SRank from ISE (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=99237&forum=1&38).

BB isn't the paradise that everyone wants to believe it is, that's all. :l

SLON
Jun 9, 2005, 07:20 AM
Every community needs a police force; unfortunately, on the console versions of this game there never was one, so it's no surprise the malcontents took advantage of that.

Neith
Jun 9, 2005, 07:40 AM
BB's 'police force' must be asleep.... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Apparently there's a glitch that's been destroying mags, but as yet, I'm not sure if it's just ISE, or another glitch.

People complain about EVERYTHING they can. Check some of the posts on the official boards to see what I mean.. some so far include:
"All ID's should find the same, Section ID's suck"

"There's too much lag" (Completely ignoring the remote possiblilty that it could be graphics related lag)

"Why isn't there a FOcast" (or HUnewm, RAnewm, FOcaseal, HUmarl, RAnewearl..)

"AOL cup is making it too easy to find rares" Heh, say that when you're in Ultimate, looking for an uber...

"There aren't enough prizes" (WTF? We could have potentially gotten 2 Mag Cells (One from Sunset Base), 3 Rare Shields, Toy Hammer, Crazy Tune, increased drop-rates, not to mention the prizes for individual kills...

As long as there are people around, they're going to complain about something, just gotta live with it..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-06-09 05:44 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jun 9, 2005, 07:54 AM
How bout, I keep playing on GC with my backups and not give a fuck what you think?

To regards to people gathering for online quests....there's 4 quest! >_>

And cute, you think people like me would fuck over BB? Aww.. I'm flattered.

Solstis
Jun 9, 2005, 07:57 AM
Enjoy your born-again euphoria.

KodiaX987
Jun 9, 2005, 07:58 AM
On 2005-06-09 04:30, AndvariAR wrote:

B) you can't play offline for free.

You can play solo mode with all the original quests, but sorry, the price of SECURE SERVERSIDE STORAGE means you must connect to a server. Why are so many people in this forum obsessed with playing singleplayer exclusively? Moreover, why do they consider it such a SIN to imply that the game was MEANT to be played online?

Online is a sweet thing and no one can deny it. What I have trouble with is the fact that you have to pay a monthly fee to play a game on a corporate server, with no possibility to play that same game once the servers go offline. What happens to your character data? It goes bye-bye. What happens to your game? It becomes useless. Waddya do if you want to pop in the game for a quick one in, say, 2015? You can't, because it requires you to connect to servers that don't exist anymore! In fact, you don't buy the game, you rent it. That is what is bothering me.

I still have the Dreamcast Version 1. It's the only version I've had and the only version I'll ever have. Yes, there's no more online for the one I've got, but at least no one can stop me to go kick ass in solo mode. I play at least 30 hours a month on a game that's not even online anymore. And I like it. I like being able to hang on to the game even after its time has passed. Those who have DC V2, and the X-Box and Gamecube versions will be able to do the same thing. But I am not going to smoke cash on what sums up to be a few new weapons and monster skins and find myself empty-handed at the end of it.

Oh, and before someone calls bullshit on their business strategy, let me tell you a little story: Unreal Tournament costs between 50 and 60 bucks. The company encourages players to make their private servers. Playing online is free. Why is the company making so much cash anyway? Because people buy the game, and a lot of people buy the game. Why do they buy the game? Because the server source code is free. Because even after 60 years, if your CD is still good, you can still play. Because you can easily mod the game and create new levels and skins. If you want to reproduce Springfield and Homer Simpson, nobody's stopping you. Actually, you know what? As soon as my school session is over, I am going to go buy Unreal Tournament out of principle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2005-06-09 05:59 ]</font>

Rubius-sama
Jun 9, 2005, 08:01 AM
AndvariAR, I want to thank you for taking the time to write that post. I was going to make something similar to yours, but didn't find the time. The fact is there are many people here that are immature and ego-driven. They fail to recognize how great PSO can be when it is played the way it was meant to be.

Losing an item to ISE is too good of a trade off for your items having any real valuein the first place. If you can't handle that, don't play. PSO will always have major bugs as is proven by its history.

Experiencing PSOBB is exactly like the first month of PSODC v1. People are actually discovering everything all over again. The team system is a fantastic way to add some depth into playing the game. And there will be many many more quests to come in the future.

However, this goes unappreciated by many young gamers out there. It is no suprise that these players aren't first-gen PSO gamers. They are PSOX/GC-gen players. They were born into a world of duping, from the moment they first purchased a Hunter's License to this day. That is why their hearts fill with grief when they see so many old PSO-ers coming back and playing PSOBB.

The GC has been abandoned.

The XBOX has been abandoned.

Now, there is only PSOBB. Live with it. Barubary isn't here to help you kiddies.

digigram
Jun 9, 2005, 08:21 AM
How has this thread's point, gone from complaining about PSOBB, to "all of the people that are complaining, are complaining because they can't cheat".

And please, tell me how it was "meant to be played". what a fucking joke.

100%, of the people that are complaining about BB, are not doing so because they can't back up their rares, what would be the point. you can't lose items = no need to backup, common sense.

I don't see how someone can just make something up, believe it, then try to pass it off as truth to other people. Post 1 and the last one did. EGO? i'm sorry, but your posts are full of it.

Rubius-sama
Jun 9, 2005, 08:28 AM
Digigram, thanks for making my point http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Solstis
Jun 9, 2005, 02:02 PM
On 2005-06-09 06:01, Rubius-sama wrote:
Experiencing PSOBB is exactly like the first month of PSODC v1. People are actually discovering everything all over again. The team system is a fantastic way to add some depth into playing the game. And there will be many many more quests to come in the future.

However, this goes unappreciated by many young gamers out there. It is no suprise that these players aren't first-gen PSO gamers. They are PSOX/GC-gen players. They were born into a world of duping, from the moment they first purchased a Hunter's License to this day. That is why their hearts fill with grief when they see so many old PSO-ers coming back and playing PSOBB.

I at least know that Shuri, Digi, and I all played DC v1 or 2.

As I recall, the first time I went online with the DC, I was given a dupe. And told how the door trick, the tp-refill trick, and later purchased a Gameshark.

I have to agree with Shuri. The sheer inconvenience of the BB pay-to-play system bothers me. It's as if BB is just a ploy by ST to get gamers ready for the almost MMORPG like PSU.

I think that I'll go play on a private CoD server, with full Punkbuster support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-06-09 12:03 ]</font>

digigram
Jun 9, 2005, 02:33 PM
Digigram, thanks for making my point

man, you had no point (aside from backing up rares). Your intent was to make anyone that complains about BB, a noob cheater whining kid.

So tell me, how did I make your point by arguing your opinion?

Out of the beta so far, I would gesture to shoot in the range of less than 8% of the players are total noobs. Most of the others I know of, all had played DC.

I personally have played all of them, and I also will argue the strongest backing of the people that think BB is a joke.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-06-09 12:36 ]</font>

AndvariAR
Jun 9, 2005, 04:12 PM
and I argue, simply, that the first genuinely secure version of PSO ever is far from a joke. This elitism is little more than hate and spite; namecalling rather than productive support of your platform of choice.

I love blueburst. The tightened security has made a robust player community. The availability of the PC title and functionality of its server-side storage have let me bring in a half-dozen friends who never had console availability to play the game with me.

And could somebody explain "4 quests" to me? As I recall, people are scrambling to do 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, and on and on. More than four. These have turned the generic offline-completion quest in a valid multiplayer event, even better providing an alternative to the usual dungeon runs.

IE; if you want to tackle these and access H mode at a lower level, band together with others and take it on together. I think its fantastic.

And yes, go ahead and tell me that the game was meant to be played offline. The game engine is sure as hell made for it, right?

Saiffy
Jun 9, 2005, 04:24 PM
On 2005-06-09 14:12, AndvariAR wrote:
And could somebody explain "4 quests" to me? As I recall, people are scrambling to do 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, and on and on. More than four. These have turned the generic offline-completion quest in a valid multiplayer event, even better providing an alternative to the usual dungeon runs.
So they made a new way to do ruins 1, big whoop!

IE; if you want to tackle these and access H mode at a lower level, band together with others and take it on together. I think its fantastic.
Or I can rush to hard mode, get there at lvl 10-15 in less that 2 hours.

And yes, go ahead and tell me that the game was meant to be played offline. The game engine is sure as hell made for it, right?

That must be what I was implying.

Outrider
Jun 9, 2005, 04:32 PM
It's gotten to the point where people are perfectly happy simply "renting" an online RPG, as it were.

Just because Sony has been doing it for years with Everquest (That's Sony/Verant, right?) doesn't mean it's a good plan for the consumer.

If you're paying for a game, you should have every right to play it even after the company no longer supports it. Nobody is saying that the game was made for offline solo playing. But by removing that aspect from the game, Sega is essentially saying that consumers can only play the game according to their whims. Why do you think so many people have been upset at Blizzard for the WoW servers dying constantly? They're paying for a game and they can't play it. If Sega stops supporting PSO, you have a worthless program that you paid good money for.

Maybe this is a foreign concept to those who have always had a Hunter's License, but offline play is a major chunk of most PSO players' careers. For some people it's not by choice, but for a lot of us, we understand the benefits of it.

AndvariAR
Jun 9, 2005, 05:25 PM
I paid nothing for this program. I pay a small monthly fee to play their game that, YES, they maintain.

BB is a free download, another reason I support it. If you want to make the argument against pay-to-play games that also cost retail, you'll find we're in the same boat.

I think that forking over $40 up front for a game that theyll gladly cut off is bullshit. It makes me wary towards Matrix Online and WoW, becuase its just so hateful unto the consumer. But BB doesnt do that.

You pay for a subscription, nothing else. If youre cable company folds, sure, you don't get cinemax anymore, but you also don't pay anymore. When the entertainment ceases, you cease paying money. I never bought Blueburst so I won't get pissy about having a potentially useless product. No, I bought a subscription to a monthly service, and they gave me the software to use it.

I didn't buy an offline game. I subscribed to a service.

Saiffy
Jun 9, 2005, 05:26 PM
On 2005-06-09 14:32, Outrider wrote:
It's gotten to the point where people are perfectly happy simply "renting" an online RPG, as it were.

Just because Sony has been doing it for years with Everquest (That's Sony/Verant, right?) doesn't mean it's a good plan for the consumer.

If you're paying for a game, you should have every right to play it even after the company no longer supports it. Nobody is saying that the game was made for offline solo playing. But by removing that aspect from the game, Sega is essentially saying that consumers can only play the game according to their whims. Why do you think so many people have been upset at Blizzard for the WoW servers dying constantly? They're paying for a game and they can't play it. If Sega stops supporting PSO, you have a worthless program that you paid good money for.

Maybe this is a foreign concept to those who have always had a Hunter's License, but offline play is a major chunk of most PSO players' careers. For some people it's not by choice, but for a lot of us, we understand the benefits of it.

I've really never thought of it that way, but I that's basically how I feel, clearly.

Sony boughtout Verant soon after the second(third?) EQ expansion, at the same time the game went downhill. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jun 9, 2005, 05:59 PM
Whoops. I was under the impression that after the beta, it would be a paid download for Episode 4 and such. My mistake entirely.

My thoughts still stand on the lack of offline play, though. It's a serious blow to longtime PSO gamers.

But the fact you only have to pay the HL does make me understand more. So my apologies, Andvari.

However, Rubius, you're way out of line. There's no reason to be all high and mighty, especially when it's obvious that you're incorrect in thinking you're one of the only "pure" players out there. Get in line, because there are plenty of people who have been playing since the beginning of DC, and plenty more who have been enjoying the game (with hacks or not) on the later consoles. Everybody knows how much fun it can be to pull the "kiddies/noobs" argument over the internet, but most of us have grown past it.

So, in short, I think BB is great for the anti-hacking, Episode 4, and free download for the full version of the game (now that I know about it.) However, no offline solo play hurts the game. I don't want to offline solo exclusively, and I don't think anybody wants to do that, but it was an effective tool for enjoying the game at your own pace or doing your own thing instead of the sometimes hectic online play.

Nai_Calus
Jun 9, 2005, 06:52 PM
I have nothing to say that I haven't beaten into the ground already except to note how hard I'm laughing at how much of the original poster's post is inaccurate and/or bullshit.

LOL. I've been bashing BB since before everyone decided it was cool, kiddo. I played it for 10 months on the JP version, paying for it. By now my characters probably don't exist anymore, since I cancelled my HL in February. Didn't have the money, and realized I didn't give a wet slap about it. Just the same old buggy game with just as many fuckeries as GC, and some exceedingly annoying things. What the hell was the point? Why did I bother hunting the stuff I did, levelling my character, etc? I could have spent that time on my GC characters, hunting their rares, levelling them... And hey, guess what, my GC chars are still here. In fact, I can play them right now, if I want, and I don't even have to go online to do so!

BB just fails. I'm sorry. The 'renting' analogy is so very true, too.

And I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Ep4 will be free for the US. Sure as hell wasn't for JP. So you're paying for a game you'll be able to play for the what, year or so until PSU comes out and BB is shut down because everybody moved to PSU? Pfft. Screw that.

Nohra
Jun 9, 2005, 11:05 PM
Let's see...
Half-Life, released 1998. Number of servers for Half-Life and its associated mods, over 20,000.
Quake, released 1991? People are still playing around with it. http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/
Quake 2, released 1997, still got a mod community running. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~giex/
Quake 3, released 2002, also still has a mod community going.

Let's compare with PSO now, shall we?
PSO DC V1? Release Date:, January 29, 2001.
PSO DC taken down? September 30, 2003.
Less than two years.

...not much of a run, is it? Without new content constantly being released (ala Everquest, which now has seven billion expansions, and in the latest one you can play a giant cockroach with a sword and a chainsaw and a shotgun), PSO was pretty much a flash in the pan.

But, anyways. WORT WORT WORT!

AndvariAR
Jun 10, 2005, 12:27 AM
We already HAVE episode IV. Its maps, data, music, and even TITLE SCREEN are in the program files if you look. Its a matter of it being enabled or not. Sega already confirmed that it would be added and said nothing of a fee; such an assumption at this point is illogical. Please, don't grasp at straws.

Furthermore, I said a LOT of things with my original post. To call it all laughably inaccurate is quite a generalization;

were american players NOT lauding for PVP modes?

are american players NOT the foremost hackers?

does cheating NOT destroy player economies?

Is BB NOT the most secure version of PSO yet?

You have your point with your desire to continue playing regardless of server decisions. This is, in the end, subjective, and I can't change your opinion on it. I dislike single play and enjoy mandatory online play. Don't use this difference to disregard EVERYTHING I said.

Saiffy
Jun 10, 2005, 07:58 AM
On 2005-06-09 22:27, AndvariAR wrote:
were american players NOT lauding for PVP modes?
Battle mode has never been big in any version of PSO, I guess you wouldn't learn that from 5 months online

Not neccisarilly, there could be tons of Japanese hackers we don't know of, if I recall, a lot of hackers are European too.

does cheating NOT destroy player economies?
PSO has never had economy and it got along just fine pre-BB, I lol to this.

Is BB NOT the most secure version of PSO yet?

That may be, doesn't make it the best.

Neith
Jun 10, 2005, 08:18 AM

Isn't Broomop European? Not sure, but I heard he's from the UK.

Rubius-sama
Jun 10, 2005, 08:19 AM
American players were begging for a battle mode before it was released on DCv2.

Japanese hackers? Not very many. Why do you think the servers were separated?

PSO had an economy. You would know this if you played on Jan. 29 2001. It does not get along "fine" without an economy. Nothing has any value. The game is not worth spending a minute on. You're living in a fantasy.

trypticon
Jun 10, 2005, 10:52 AM
Broomop is European, Cancerous/Fingaz is European, LEE is European. There are many Japanese hackers I don't know, but they brought the shop dupe and trade steal, among many other things to PSO GC before it was released in the states. The servers were seperated to prevent the spread of information, and collaboration among hackers likely. Security was a concern for ST, but that didn't stop the JP version of BB being hacked to hell when the beta was going on, although most of that has been fixed, there are some things still that have not apparently. And hey, the US version is experiencing the same thing in its beta form right now, most of which will likely be fixed until the hackers on it find a way around the patches, if they can. Barubary may still be on the US beta, all I know is that he was on the JP version until recently when he was trying to find out how to cancel the JP account.

The PVP community is small, and was never very popular on PSO GC, I can not attest to the other platform versions. The PSO economy for rares and trading is still there even on the GC version. You just can't mindlessly trade with people you don't know, as if many players would anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-06-10 08:54 ]</font>

Solstis
Jun 10, 2005, 12:49 PM
On 2005-06-10 06:19, Rubius-sama wrote:
You're living in a fantasy.

Ironic.

DC's economy didn't last very long. In fact, it was around for the same length of time as the XBOX's.

zero12410
Jun 10, 2005, 02:55 PM
My first and last words on this: Either play it or don't, just stop bitching about something that you can never change

Solstis
Jun 10, 2005, 03:30 PM
On 2005-06-10 12:55, zero12410 wrote:
My first and last words on this: Either play it or don't, just stop bitching about something that you can never change

My words to people using these blank statements: Either formulate a point, or stop bitching about something that you can never change without a solid case.

Andvari brought up that you don't pay a retail price, which is a good to know.

AndvariAR
Jun 10, 2005, 03:49 PM
also, it seems now confirmed that Ep IV is free, good seeing as we already have it downloaded.

I look at it this way. Not only do I enjoy this PSO more than my 20+ months of DC, my combined 6 or so months of GC and Xbox, and MUCH more than my mediocre month on PCv1 on sthack's servers, but I'm level 60 and still haven't paid a dime for any of it.

I may very well be 70 before I cought up my first eight bucks.

Me = happy. This is reasonable. If you don't like it, you can play something else to your heart's content. It doesn't do you or anyone else any good to outright hate all over it.

Saiffy
Jun 10, 2005, 03:51 PM
On 2005-06-10 06:19, Rubius-sama wrote:
Nothing has any value.
Are you really that insecure about the fact that your data is meaningless because everyone else has this data?

Seriously, I can't help it if other peoples acceptance or opinions matter that much to you, frankly when I play, if someone questions the legitness of my items, I let them, doesn't mean shit. Saying you want a secure game just so items have a value is just saying you want to brag to the rest of the community.

The game is not worth spending a minute on. You're living in a fantasy.
Indeed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ness
Jun 10, 2005, 05:52 PM
If people want to hate BB then let them. If people want to cheat, then let them. No one forces you to paly with cheaters and no one forces you to listen to the senitments of BB haters.

Infiniteque
Jul 28, 2005, 10:17 AM
To the thread creator: Bravo.

I wholeheartedly understand where you're coming from, and this may very well be one of the best posts I've seen on any PSO-related forum to date.

Ryna
Jul 28, 2005, 10:20 AM
On 2005-07-28 08:17, Majiteque wrote:
To the thread creator: Bravo.

I wholeheartedly understand where you're coming from, and this may very well be one of the best posts I've seen on any PSO-related forum to date.

I don't want to take the wind out of your sails, but please don't bump threads that are this old. I know you followed this link from my reply in General, but I merely wanted you to look at it, not reply to it. >.>;