PDA

View Full Version : God dam explorer errors

Russta
Aug 3, 2002, 06:45 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but PSOW constantly keeps crashing IE. I know rbf2000 is getting the same problems too. Know what it is let alone being able to fix it?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 3, 2002, 07:13 PM
I'd blame the flash crap =x... Disable the "Enable install on demand (other)" in internet explorer and uninstall the flash player if you're desperate =x.

neko-chan
Aug 3, 2002, 07:38 PM
Yeah, get rid of those stupid, useless, cheesy animations.

99% of people making Flash files must be shooted in their butt. Do you hear me? You browser killers...

Uninstall your flash plug-in or... as I do, have a browser with it and one without. My main browser is Mozilla, without Flash plug-in. In this way I just miss useless ads and many program crash. If I really want to see a flash I fire up IE.

Dangerous55
Aug 3, 2002, 09:55 PM
It happens sometimes, but my computer is so lame I dont know if its PSOW or my comp.

ABDUR101
Aug 3, 2002, 10:01 PM
Make sure you have the most up to date drivers for your web browser, java, etc.

It used to happen to me, but not anymore.

You could always turn off java in your profile so if anyone has a java sig, it won't load.

Nothing can be done about the advertisements though really.

FinalMasterM
Aug 3, 2002, 10:12 PM
Its a certain Ad, happens to me 1/10 pages and I give a ear load to anyone in the house when it happens.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 3, 2002, 10:13 PM
Regardless of having the flash 6 player already installed, I was able to download a new flash.ocx from http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

I'd make a sticky topic about the download in order to keep a decent amount of users from crashing, but I gave up on guessing admin passwords

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 3, 2002, 11:30 PM
Yeh. It's a pain in the butt, having it crash every X-many page views.

Saladwood
Aug 4, 2002, 07:16 PM
Happens to me too and I already told Lolita, and it happens to her too, so she's gonna do something about it.