PDA

View Full Version : finalmasterM should have his sig privlages removed....

Alisha
Aug 4, 2002, 06:14 PM
i mean come on even an idiot would know that sig is well over the limit and frankly its annoying the fuck out of me.someone thats been here as long as he has should be more than familliar with the sig rules

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 4, 2002, 06:23 PM
Marquee width is 400, which is less than 600 =>_>=;

Does it cause any actual problems with your browser, nyan? I find it original =>_>=.

pixelate
Aug 4, 2002, 06:28 PM
Well, it's over the 35,000 byte limit.

Kill it! *poke, poke*

Just one offense. I don't think he should lose his privileges for that.

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 06:29 PM
He has already been cleared to use it. As long as the marquee size itself is under 600x180 it's ok. He does have it set lower than 600x180.

Alisha
Aug 4, 2002, 06:29 PM
O_o well on my screen it showing up as a large strip of faces and cause parts of peoples posts to be cut off on the right side

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 06:33 PM
On 2002-08-04 16:29, Alisha wrote:
O_o well on my screen it showing up as a large strip of faces and cause parts of peoples posts to be cut off on the right side

What browser do you use? Some browsers don't support the marquee command that he uses.

His sig is 1000x160 and 33970 bytes. He's under the kb limit, and since he set his marquee to under the 600x180 limit, it's ok.

Some people's browsers don't support marquee, but some browsers also don't support java, so we can't really blame him for using marquee, since most people use IE, which handles the marquee command.

I vote for a "sig off" feature so people who use non-standard browsers don't get messed up pages and so on.

Alisha
Aug 4, 2002, 06:34 PM
i dont get it im seeing a strip of images thats all the way across the screen bleh
*gets disgruntled and goes downstairs to use the computer instead of her dc*

Alisha
Aug 4, 2002, 06:37 PM
dammit nows 1of those times i really wish i could edit posts in rants http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 06:39 PM
On 2002-08-04 16:37, Alisha wrote:
dammit nows 1of those times i really wish i could edit posts in rants http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Let's all thank Ambrai! =)

It's ok, just a mistake!

Saladwood
Aug 4, 2002, 07:19 PM
lolita approved it before hand if the marquee is under the 600 width sig limit and if the file size is under limit, and if it doesn't give problems to any users. and it doens't give anyone problems except for alisha and beatneko but that is enough of a concern to the staff.

I alerted lolita, she will think about it and take care of it. meanwhile alisha, please pm your grievance to lolita if final's sig bothers you.

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 01:14 AM
Kill the <marquee> tag!!! O_o

Wow... me and Alisha, we have a lot of things in common. We joined PSOW the same day, we have the same sig problem and we both own a dildo.

May I invite you out for a meal, Alisha? >_>

FinalMasterM
Aug 5, 2002, 01:35 AM
I've become popular lately...

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 01:47 AM
someone should tell him that girl in his sig is like 13 years old also.

watashiwa
Aug 5, 2002, 01:58 AM
I love his sig. It fills my <3 with joy.

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2002, 02:53 AM
On 2002-08-04 23:47, Celestial wrote:
someone should tell him that girl in his sig is like 13 years old also.

What's wrong with that? It's not real, it's anime.

Most characters in anime are young, teens-early 20's. Finalm likes Shinobu...is it that big of a deal?

This thread is partaining to his sig messing up on certain browsers, his sig contains nothing sexual, nothing illicit, nothing against the rules. It's mere admiration of an anime character.

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 03:00 AM
On 2002-08-05 00:53, ABDUR101 wrote:
Finalm likes Shinobu...

it says in his sig that he Loves Shinobu =P

plus just a joke i gots nothing agianst him even if he has something agianst me for some weird reason.

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2002, 03:05 AM
On 2002-08-05 01:00, Celestial wrote:
it says in his sig that he Loves Shinobu =P

oooooooo What's the big deal? Not allowed to love and admire anime characters?

plus just a joke i gots nothing agianst him even if he has something agianst me for some weird reason.

yeah, I see.

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 03:09 AM
Love and admiring is 2 different things.

but this topic isnt about that. this is about final's sig. which i have no prob with. whatever floats his boat ~_^

FinalMasterM
Aug 5, 2002, 03:13 AM
http://abdur101.homestead.com/files/Funny/SubjectChange.jpg

FinalMasterM
Aug 5, 2002, 03:32 AM
Heres the thing. I contacted Lolita about this sig a couple of days back. I asked about the file size and dimentions of the sig, so I was sure to be meet (at max or be under) the req. She okay'd everything and I went to work on the sig.

The marquee is allowed on the forum as long as follows the same signature rules as a basic image; 600wx180h and a file size 35000 bytes or under.

My marquee is 400wx180h and the image file size is 33kb (33000 bytes). The marquee is also BASIC HTML, its not a special kind of HTML, but some off brand browsers might not support them, and the DC definitly doesn't (but what does the DC acctally support http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

If Lolita tells me to take it down, I will, but do not point fingers at me as if I did this without consulting a mod/admin about it first.

Also, Alisha, someone who's been here as long as you would know that this is something you contact a mod/admin about, and wouldn't of taken it to the forums.

Thank you.

LollipopLolita
Aug 5, 2002, 03:41 AM
yes i did say all that, i am not going to retract my statement, and indeed if his sig followed the rules and the marquee wans't pass the sig size limit it was fine with me as long as other users don't have a problem with it and it doesn't slow down anyone's bandwith. and no i will not take away his sig priveledges because he did consult me first and i did give the go ahead. and he's nto a repeat offender.

looks like only sub browser users and dc browsers have a problem with his sig. and i have personally contacted both users. one is okay with it and i am awaiting a reply from the other user. if that user is not happy, yes the size of it will be changed.

really folks this is not a big deal, and i think we all know celestial was joking. it's a small simple sig matter which i am monitoring. have we run out of drama that we need to focus on a sig?

can we play nice kids?

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 04:00 AM
On 2002-08-05 01:32, FinalMasterM wrote:
The marquee is also BASIC HTML, its not a special kind of HTML

No, it's special (custom, CUSTOM!!!) HTML. It's Internet Explorer ONLY HTML.

but some off brand browsers might not support them,

Every non Internet Explorer browser does not suppport it.

and the DC definitly doesn't (but what does the DC acctally support http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

DC browser actually supports a lot of stuff, such as JavaScript and Flash.

I don't have any problem regarding the contents of your sig (thus I find pretty amusing wasting the word "love" for a cartoon character).

It's its size. At work I have a uber 21" Sony monitor running at 1280x768 pixels. At home I have a crappy 15" monitor and to read any thread where you posted I'm forced to orizontally scroll every time in order to display a new line. It's fscking annoying.

Alisha
Aug 5, 2002, 04:08 AM
yes its quite annoying i thought i could just deal with it cause i didnt want to seem like a bitch but i cant so i guess ima bitch now =P

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 04:14 AM
See Alisha? We are both bishes. Another thing we have in common.

What about that date?

LollipopLolita
Aug 5, 2002, 04:15 AM
okay everyone can be their own little bitch just don't be too bitchy to each other. but you're all allowed to be a bitch and be my bitches. all good?

Alisha
Aug 5, 2002, 04:22 AM
well we also have something else in common we both like girls so i dont think it would work out.

and to clear something up when i originally saw the sig i didnt know it was marqueed and thought he was intentionally going over the sig limits by a lot but when i realized my error i tried to edit my post but couldnt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so please dont get on my case final m

FinalMasterM
Aug 5, 2002, 04:35 AM
On 2002-08-05 02:22, Alisha wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so please dont get on my case final m

Its ok, I understand how crappy the DC browser is when it comes to viewing sites and such. Beatneko, you just need to use a normal browser for a change if your "mozila" or whatever it is sucks that much.

Anyway, new sig is up and its limits were set by Lolita herself. Please, any further problems with my sig (or anyone elses) please contact a mod or admin.

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 04:44 AM
On 2002-08-05 02:35, FinalMasterM wrote:
[quote]
Beatneko, you just need to use a normal browser for a change if your "mozila" or whatever it is sucks that much.

You apparently didn't get the point. It's your goddam marquee tag that sucks. It's not standard HTML. Understood? Do I have to repeat? It's a fscking M$ invention, IE only, annoying.

Next time grab a good HTML manual and read it from start to end. Maybe you'll eventually avoid causing problems to people.

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2002, 04:54 AM
On 2002-08-05 02:44, beatneko wrote:
You apparently didn't get the point. It's your goddam marquee tag that sucks. It's not standard HTML. Understood? Do I have to repeat? It's a fscking M$ invention, IE only, annoying.

Next time grab a good HTML manual and read it from start to end. Maybe you'll eventually avoid causing problems to people.

You can't blame finalm for using the marquee, nor for it being a "M$" invention. It's on a standardized browser, so he's using it.

And the flame was uncalled for. "Causing problems to people"? It's just as easy to say that you're causing a problem by using a non-standard browser. Come on, why are you nit-picking? He's listening to the mods, he's not saying "This is my fucking sig and no matter what you say it's not being changed". Show some leaniance and stop being so hard on him, it's getting to be uncalled for.

Alisha
Aug 5, 2002, 05:17 AM
still causing problems for me and i think its because of the total distance of the marquee

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 06:45 AM
On 2002-08-05 02:54, ABDUR101 wrote:

You can't blame finalm for using the marquee, nor for it being a "M$" invention. It's on a standardized browser, so he's using it.

I don't care if he's using IE. He HAS TO CARE if other people don't use it when posting his siggie. This is the reason why mods invented sig rules. To not abuse of other people's time, system requirements, bandwith, etc...

Internet is meant to be accessible by anyone, with any system. Marquee tag is against this simple principle.

I'm sure me and Alisha aren't the only who have this problem, since many users here have the DC browser or Netscape (Mozilla), or Opera.

It's just as easy to say that you're causing a problem by using a non-standard browser.

LOL. Standards are decided by W3 Consortium, not you. Marquee is out of the standard. IE is out of the standard. It's the fourth time I repeat this, how can't you understand?

Come on, why are you nit-picking?

IT BOTHERS ME! I have to fscking scrolling orizontally the pages! It's annoying. It's a waste of time.

If I were on a newsgroup I could easily "kill" any FMM message. But here I can't.

He's listening to the mods,

Probably mods didn't know about this browsers issue.

he's not saying "This is my fucking sig and no matter what you say it's not being changed".

No, he didn't. Instead he said "you just need to use a normal browser for a change if your "mozila" or whatever it is sucks that much".

Smart and kind reply indeed.

Show some leaniance and stop being so hard on him, it's getting to be uncalled for.

All this reminds me when I was discussing with that Gally guy. Evertime some of his friends at omegahour came to help him in the discussion. I believe FMM is able to explain himself without any external aid. Or not?

.: E D I T :.

Now the problem is fixed.

Many thanks for your time and effort FMM, Lolita and ABDUR101 (I'm not kidding, thanks really ^_^ ).

Now I see a long 800x160 image. This image doesn't enlarge page width. But I'm sure this problem persists on DC browsers, since their max screen resolution is 640x480 (for true, DC browser max width is only 574 pixels, if you subtract the scrollbar width and chrome width).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-08-05 04:57 ]</font>

Shadow_Blade
Aug 5, 2002, 09:35 AM
This whole thread was repetitive.

Guile
Aug 5, 2002, 03:49 PM
Its just a damn sig

jazzyfox
Aug 5, 2002, 05:30 PM
Wow I was gonna go all ballistic over people saying that the marquee tag was standard HTML, but beatneko got there first.

So yah, uhm, marquee sucks. I have a problem with it. If this were his personal site, I wouldn't. But this is a public forum meant for consumption by many people. Many people use many different browsers. And especially considering that it's about a DC game, and it's fairly well known that there are an above average number of people posting with a Dreamcast here than any other given site.

And before he complains.. my beef with the marquee tag usage in this manner has nothing to do with the person who owns the sig. But we all know I'm a power-hungry FinalMasterM hater, and destroying him is my only mission in life. Muahahahaha! Er yeah.

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 06:00 PM
Grrr... can't edit my own posts... >_<

Reading what I wrote in this thread over and over I realized my replies were too harsh.

I just want to public apologize to FMM and ABDUR101, which are always been so kind with me.

BTW...

well we also have something else in common we both like girls

Wow! Things are getting more and more interesting!!!

so i dont think it would work out.

Don't kill your hopes in this way... I used to like boys (as you know Gally was my love). But I changed. If I did this, you can do the same. I'll help you! >_>

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2002, 06:01 PM
Well on the DC, the screen is so small even a centered 600x180 sig is going to make you scroll sideways. :

And, I vouch for a "sig off" function. That would eleviate any problems for those on DC and those who don't use standard IE or Netscape. We have a java-off function, why not a no sig option? Yes, IE and Netscape are standard browsers, like it or not, every Windows machine uses IE and/or Netscape. Finalm is on a Windows machine, so the only standard he could go by was what he saw.

Everyone has a right to view the forums without problems, equal rights for everyone. But atleast stop making finalm look like he did this blatantly. He's using IE, a standard, and no one needs to go study HTML. Knowing HTML by heart and tinkering with it to use with a sig are different, it's kind of like "on the job training", you learn as you go. I understand it's annoying to have to scroll sideways, but he's just tinkering with his sig, and he's being open about it.

We're already working on a new sig that won't be in a marquee if it's a big problem, because everyone here has the right to view the forum without such annoyances. =)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 5, 2002, 06:15 PM
I'd be willing to make it in flash for him, that way people could disable it through their profile if they wished =>_>=;; It would run at 12 frames per second and would have a variable that could be set to change the pixels per frame at which it moves.

sig.swf?ppf=5

neko-chan
Aug 5, 2002, 06:18 PM
It was to me start that petition against Flash sigs (lol... it was Gally sig bothering me that time). Then wata created his might Flash parser!

I just realized I'm a sig bitch.

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2002, 06:23 PM
On 2002-08-05 16:18, beatneko wrote:
I just realized I'm a sig bitch.

haha XD

Go read the pm I sent you.

*watches finalm start to read the thread*
O_O

FinalMasterM
Aug 5, 2002, 06:33 PM
*wakes up, rubbing his eyes as he slowly clicks through the pages*

Still the issuse over my signature waged on the pages of PSOW, instead of PMing a mod liked told todo so.

Snapple, a flash signature sounds like a great idea, thanks for the help.

As for the rest of you, you're a bunch of whores, ermm.. yeah *yawns and PMs some people* In all honestly, you're whining should all be ignored since the problem, my sig, wasn't addressed to a mod.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FinalMasterM on 2002-08-05 16:35 ]</font>

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 06:33 PM
all this talk about Marque and flash goes "woosh" right over my head. thats why i stay with plain simple pictures. no one complains ^_^

Moo2u
Aug 5, 2002, 06:43 PM
All this fuss over a certain blue haired girl. Tisk, tisk, tisk...

Guile
Aug 5, 2002, 10:04 PM
Frankie says:
Relax

Meteor
Aug 6, 2002, 03:19 PM
Why do people have pictures in their sigs anyway? I never really pay attention to them anyway unless they're funny.

neko-chan
Aug 6, 2002, 05:00 PM
W00t!

I made this little sig for FMM. This morning I gave it to ABDUR101 since I was not able to contact FMM (he was not on ICQ... are you avoiding me? I think so ^_^;;; ).

http://digilander.libero.it/beatfede/shinobu.gif

392x152 pixels, 26,244 bytes

I think it's nice... O_o

I hope you will like too FMM and eventually use. I put all my effort in order to complete it.

Now... where is Alisha? >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-08-06 15:04 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 6, 2002, 05:04 PM
I didin't plan on working on the flash until tomrrow, since I have a date tonight, so you don't need to feel bad about choosing which sig =^-^=;;

neko-chan
Aug 6, 2002, 05:07 PM
<Gally mode on>

No one really believe you can have a date, jackass. And IGN.com reports that my sig can destroy yours anytime.

riiiiiiight!

ROTFLLOLOLLLLZZZLZLZLZLZL!!!111111

<Gally mode off>

You have a date? Who is the guy (or girl...)? I'm jealous! >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-08-06 15:30 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 6, 2002, 05:36 PM
Man you act like and look like ugly... I swore you were him and not some damn twin =>_>=;

I met some guy at a gay bar sports bar and grill arcade. Weee - - - - =>_>=

Hm the sig's going to be rough, since I have to make it scroll without any gaps in between. I guess I'll use a for loop with the _x coordinate of hte movie clip containing two instances of the picture. Uh huh mrawr =o_o=

neko-chan
Aug 6, 2002, 05:52 PM
<Gally mode on once again>

Yeah? I find it fucking hilrios, ilarius, hilarious. Listen me, smartass. I'll make a new sig using Flash. It will slow donw any PC in the world (even those at NCSA and NASA) and it will kill instatly any terrorist.

I just installed Flash on my Xbox. I could easily use a GameCube but I bought it just to play Resident Evil games with my gf.

riiiiiiight!

ROTFLLOLOLLLLZZZLZLZLZLZL!!!111111

<Gally mode off>

Celestial
Aug 6, 2002, 05:54 PM
i like the background to that shinobu one. nice job Beat.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 6, 2002, 05:55 PM
=._.=
dude your gf is your hand, of course you play video games with her. Your motion tweens and basic actionscripting are no match for my r337 5055 cactus inuendo.

...I like the quality of neko in yuor sig, though =>_>=;;; Where did you take the picture?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko on 2002-08-06 15:56 ]</font>

neko-chan
Aug 6, 2002, 06:00 PM
PSO PC.

I managed to make a naked version using photoshop. Want it SnAPPLE? It costs 10 bucks.

Thanks Cel! I'm really honored... you're the absolute sig master. Thanks! ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-08-06 16:04 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 6, 2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah I know pso pc, but where was neko standing? =3. All my pictures end up being too dark =>_<=.

neko-chan
Aug 6, 2002, 06:07 PM
Because you suck!

Do you want me to take some TSFO pics?

FinalMasterM
Aug 6, 2002, 06:10 PM
The Shinobu sig is nice, but I don't like the pink http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif got anything in a lime-forest green?

neko-chan
Aug 6, 2002, 06:13 PM
I'm looking for a new high quality image of her...

This morning I didn't find so many good images to use as a base. I need to find a wallpaper or something like this, because I need high resolution or, at least, large size.

Celestial
Aug 6, 2002, 06:13 PM
you guys should make a thread in Fan-works and let this one die out. plus i want to see what Beatneko comes out with next!

Alisha
Aug 6, 2002, 07:30 PM
hmn all this talk of sigs reminds me i need a new 1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

LollipopLolita
Aug 6, 2002, 09:44 PM
okay now you kids are getting along and getting out of topic. get your asses to fan works!

FinalMasterM
Aug 6, 2002, 10:10 PM
Ok, everyone go here:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31089&forum=12&0

Dcastgcngamer
Aug 6, 2002, 10:10 PM
dont dis shinobu she is cool. i am buying love hina cause it looks good. dont diss the blu hair. why why why why why?.? why? did u have to do it. u had to do it. age discrimiation. lol why. any way why do u care that his sig is over the limit thats finals prob and the mods prob get over it. get over it.

Ness
Aug 11, 2002, 07:18 PM
On 2002-08-04 16:39, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2002-08-04 16:37, Alisha wrote:

Let's all thank Ambrai! =)

It's ok, just a mistake!

Ambrai just screwed up everything before he left. No wonder Erupt banned him.

ABDUR101
Aug 11, 2002, 07:38 PM
On 2002-08-11 17:18, Ness wrote:
Ambrai just screwed up everything before he left. No wonder Erupt banned him.

Erupt did'nt ban him, he ran with his tail behind his legs and did'nt come back.

Ness
Aug 11, 2002, 07:49 PM
Oh. Well either way, a good thing happened right? Why doesn't Wata change it back to the way it was?

RavenTW
Aug 11, 2002, 08:06 PM
Seriously.

Ambrai made editing in Rants impossible because he wanted you to think before you post, so you can't change any racist, offensive, or obscene remarks you've made. But it's more forcing us to double post because of spelling errors or we wanted to add somthing on that we forgot about. Really crappy idea, in my book.

FinalMasterM
Aug 11, 2002, 09:20 PM
On 2002-08-11 18:06, RavenTW wrote:
Seriously.

Ambrai made editing in Rants impossible because he wanted you to think before you post, so you can't change any racist, offensive, or obscene remarks you've made. But it's more forcing us to double post because of spelling errors or we wanted to add somthing on that we forgot about. Really crappy idea, in my book.

I bet now he wishes he didn't have to read some of the thought out post in rants...

Ness
Aug 12, 2002, 06:26 AM
LOL! It is obvious that Ambrai screwed up.