PDA

View Full Version : lack of an epilogue *possible spoliers*

zimmk2vgc
Jun 20, 2005, 04:06 PM
Perhaps its just me, but something was drastically missing at the end of both episode one and two, an epilogue. Not even a few words, just to be continued.

Why does sonic team just not conclude something for once, even episode three didn't conclude properly and you had to WATCH the credits. Perhaps im just being a little harsh, but its annoying how you go through all these missions etc, and the atmosphere really starts to get tense, you deliever that final blow to falz, the red ring drops and thats it. Gone. End. Fin. Would it have been so hard to have just a few closing words? Especially at the end of episode two. Have we just got to use our imaginations? Too bad....they ACTUALLY formed some form of plot this time...I hope episode four concludes...

Saiffy
Jun 20, 2005, 05:26 PM
If you beat episode 3, it shows Pioneer 2 landing, if that counts. That'd be ending the whole big story.

But a lot of the sub-quest/side stories were never answered, if anything, episode 3 just raised more questions, SotH never gets a true ending either...

Eh.. People learned this years ago though, and episode 4 just adds more questions again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheOneHero
Jun 20, 2005, 05:58 PM
That's why we get Episode 5 next Summer.

5 years after Episode 3, Pioneer 3 is arriving and a new evil has come to Ragol.

Along with the supposed "actual" ending planned for this Episode, we get cool new items. Like OVERPOWERED/ALIBITY and shit.

New classes are schedualed as well: FOcast, RAnewearl, and HUmarl, are planned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-06-21 19:13 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Jun 21, 2005, 02:56 AM
Personally, I love the inconclusive endings... They add to the mystery and charm of the games story... I wouldn't want it any other way... It leaves so much to the imagination! It's great! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Daikarin
Jun 21, 2005, 06:31 AM
On 2005-06-20 15:58, TheOneHero wrote:

New classes are schedualed as well: (...) HUmarl (...)

Episode 5, here I come. Ready for 2 more years of FSOD and avoiding hackers.

I felt a bit empty, not only at the ending, but throughout the game. I mean, we only had text to guide us for the plot, and the cutscenes before the boss fights.

I figure ST made much more an effort to make it a decent online game than a good offline one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-06-21 04:32 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Jun 22, 2005, 10:37 AM

5 years after Episode 3, Pioneer 3 is arriving and a new evil has come to Ragol.

Along with the supposed "actual" ending planned for this Episode, we get cool new items. Like OVERPOWERED/ALIBITY and shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-06-21 19:13 ]</font>

And thus I drown in your sarcasm.

I just like a little bit of a conclusion. It just seems incredibly lazy.

lostinseganet
Oct 15, 2005, 06:28 PM
On 2005-06-20 15:26, Saiffy wrote:
If you beat episode 3, it shows Pioneer 2 landing, if that counts. That'd be ending the whole big story.

But a lot of the sub-quest/side stories were never answered, if anything, episode 3 just raised more questions, SotH never gets a true ending either...

Eh.. People learned this years ago though, and episode 4 just adds more questions again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Is there a place where I can download all the cutscenes for PSO3.

Blitzkommando
Oct 15, 2005, 09:23 PM
On 2005-06-22 08:37, zimmk2vgc wrote:

And thus I drown in your sarcasm.

I just like a little bit of a conclusion. It just seems incredibly lazy.

Bingo!

If you want a company that is unprofessional, slow to respond to complaints, has poor translations, has even poorer engine designs, yet somehow creates a game more addictive than crack, you've got Sega!

Oh, and for those of you who say, "Don't be so hard on Sega." They get a chance to redeem themselves with PSU. If they continue their current practices, well, guess that means I'll be saving that money each month for something less painful, like taxes.