PDA

View Full Version : The mystery of the Lost Game

PhotonDrop
Jun 21, 2005, 07:42 AM
I have finally learned just how stupid my family really is.

Last Saturday we all met at my Grandma's house for a cousin's birthday party. After the cake and ice cream was served he proceded to open his gifts, a copy of Pokemon Leaf Green, a basketball and a hoop, a Gamecube Wavebird controller, some clothes, and Pokemon Sapphire. Then most of us gathered around the TV for a Halo tourney. Not too long after we all decided to go swimming, joy! Finally it came time to leave, ending a nearly fine day.

Thursday a friend of mine decides she doesn't want her Pokemon Sapphire anymore, so she sells it to me for five bucks.

Now the fun begins.

Sunday we all met back up for Father's Day. I wanted to try out the group of Pokemon that I had raised since Thursday, but hey! I hear my cousin saying I have his Sapphire game. Apparently his went missing the day he got it. There was a small arguement between me and him, neither of us had any proof of it being either of ours(since apparently calling up my friend and having her tell him that she sold me her copy isn't proof).

I finally prove it's mine and suddenly I am expected to just give my copy to him, I refuse and now my family won't speak to me.

What a bunch of idiots..

Corey
Jun 21, 2005, 08:01 AM
That's happened to me multiple times, in the end I always had to give it back.

My family works this way: Oh he wants it back. You should give it back. Nah, you have to give it back.

Ness
Jun 21, 2005, 09:55 AM
All that fuss over a damn Pokemon games? Sheesh! I would have given it to him. Heck I would have paid him to take it from me.

Okay, they were pretty good games, but now they are boring to me. As for the situation, I think it's stupid that they would expect you to give up your game. I wouldn't ahve given up my game either. Just out of curiousity how old is your cousin?

PhotonDrop
Jun 21, 2005, 10:14 AM
Unbeleivably, 14.

Ness
Jun 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
Well my advice is that they will forgive you eventually. He's fourteen and he lost it already? Sheesh! However, I just realized that I can't find KOTOR 1. I think I loaned it out to someone and forgot who.

Jett_Kakashi
Jun 21, 2005, 10:20 AM
o.o

You're kidding....right?
I bought that Fire Red Version of Pokemon, but thats because it was the remake the Red and Blue versions, so I got it to see what it was like. Now....I dont play it anymore..Cuz I beaten the ELite FOur. Even though theres more to it than that.

Anyways, you gave him five dollars for the game, you got it, thats basically a merchants handshake thing so its rightfully yours. PERIOD.

AxelgearVII
Jun 21, 2005, 10:25 AM
Have you tried hitting him? A good sock in the eye should solve all your problems. <_< >_>

Jett_Kakashi
Jun 21, 2005, 11:03 AM
Or you could do that. ^_^;

Skorpius
Jun 21, 2005, 11:05 AM
Wouldn't the proof be in the character name of the game, along with the data on it? ;/

PhotonDrop
Jun 21, 2005, 11:22 AM
I'd hit him, but that'd alienate me even more ._.

And Skorp, "Tsunomi" and 22 hours wouldn't do any good, since there is a "New Game" option right below continue..

EDIT:

Anyways, you gave him five dollars for the game, you got it, thats basically a merchants handshake thing so its rightfully yours. PERIOD.

I bought one from a friend, not my cousin >__>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2005-06-21 09:26 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Jun 21, 2005, 11:37 AM
Is there any way you could convince him that it would be more rewarding for him to get his own pokemon? Or show him a party of pokemon that perhaps he dislikes, and tell him you're sorry but those are the pokemon you leveled up. And if he wants to start a new game, either he'll have to get a cartridge -or- you'll get one for him. I'm not sure if you'd be willing/able, I'm just suggesting possibilities.

Tell him that since you've leveled those pokemon that it'd be easier if he were to start anew. And if he wants your game for that, then that's kinda jackassish, sorry. I don't really like to believe that people are that, hum, ridiculous. However, if that's what it boils down to then just do whatever it is you feel is right, don't let the pressure from your family get to you. They can't just... Not speak to you for the rest of their lives. Especially over something so unworthy of provoking such attitudes. I dunno, that's what I think, at least.

SJ
Jun 24, 2005, 08:19 AM
Hm, your cousin is a selfish jerk :/