PDA

View Full Version : Why me?

Ness
Jun 22, 2005, 08:26 PM
Out of all my friends who have females in their avatars, I'm the only one who gets hit on by random guys I don't know. It seems like every month there's a new weirdo trying to get in my pants.

So far I've had:

-A 29 year old male from Canada
-Some 20 year old from somewhere
-A bunch of people claiming to be from Morocco and other third world countries
-A 23 year-old male (this one was recent)

Sheesh. Does anybody else have to put up with this crap?

CupOfCoffee
Jun 22, 2005, 08:32 PM
What site/game is this for, Ness? Because on PSOw, correct me if I'm wrong, but your avatar looks more like a trilobite than a chick.

Anyway, I occasionally used to get hit on while playing PSO because I played a HUnewearl. Of course, all the people I actually talked to knew I was a guy, so I never really cared.

Ness
Jun 22, 2005, 08:33 PM
This is on MSN Messenger.

Sayara
Jun 22, 2005, 08:33 PM
About alot of people.
Shit, it happens to everyone.

Block, Ignore these indivudals.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 22, 2005, 09:18 PM
Life is weird like that. Back on Episode 3 I'd be going around with my friend in the lobbies. He was a busty, scantly clad HUnewearl, I was just an average looking FOmarl. For some reason all these random HUmars hit on me all the time instead of him.

In any case, just ignore them, block them, or specifically tell them your're a guy. Maybe it'll reduce the numbers after a while.

Haze59
Jun 23, 2005, 09:12 AM
How do strangers get your MSN address?

Ryna
Jun 23, 2005, 09:22 AM
On 2005-06-23 07:12, Haze59 wrote:

If you look at Ness's profile, you would see....

Ness
Jun 23, 2005, 09:34 AM

I have no idea. They aren't people from any of the forums I post at. They probably got it from msn.com directly.

Scejntjynahl
Jun 23, 2005, 11:21 AM
On 2005-06-22 19:18, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
Life is weird like that. Back on Episode 3 I'd be going around with my friend in the lobbies. He was a busty, scantly clad HUnewearl, I was just an average looking FOmarl. For some reason all these random HUmars hit on me all the time instead of him.

In any case, just ignore them, block them, or specifically tell them your're a guy. Maybe it'll reduce the numbers after a while.

Will they hit on you because they assumed only perverted guys make the really busty HUnewearls. And since you were an average looking FOmarl, bam, you are an instant girl.

@Ness.
Change your msn and give it out to your "real" friends. Problem solved.

Daikarin
Jun 23, 2005, 11:23 AM
On 2005-06-23 09:21, Scejntjynahl wrote:

Will they hit on you because they assumed only perverted guys make the really busty HUnewearls. And since you were an average looking FOmarl, bam, you are an instant girl.

It's so ironic, but so true. Like when I made this FOmarl to try out Forces and got random italian dudes shouting "I LOVE YOU" on the first PSO PC Trial.

Eanae
Jun 23, 2005, 02:45 PM
I've gotten used to it, and honestly at times I like the attention. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

booRAD
Jun 23, 2005, 03:33 PM
ness ur in a good position. work ur angle, spit some game... and ur in baby

Neith
Jun 23, 2005, 05:06 PM
Heh, I remember countless male players (mainly HUmar's http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif) trying to hit on my 2 HUnewearls, uriko and terra. When I made Terra, I gave her an eyepatch to try and cut down on this, but it didn't make a difference, meh. After talking to you for a bit, the killer question..

'So like, are you a girl IRL?'

They usually go quiet when they find out I'm male http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

geewj
Jun 23, 2005, 06:29 PM
It's called the internet.

There are tons of guys who will hit on anyone or thing that even vauguly resembles something female.

More than you'd think.

You probably even know a lot of people like that, and might not realize it.

booRAD
Jun 23, 2005, 08:00 PM
well, dont mess with their heads by making a girl character if ur a dude. everyone should make characters on pso that closely resemble themselves. if ur character looks to be 5'4ish, brown hair, tan, and have double d's... then thats what one should make their character like.

my character is 6'6, blond hair, tan, extremely handsome and lumberjackish, and very ripped. and that is a close representation of the real thing. actually not really but in my head, thats what i look like

KodiaX987
Jun 23, 2005, 08:06 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Ness

Written clear as day in the MSN field.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 23, 2005, 08:48 PM
On 2005-06-23 15:06, UrikoBB3 wrote:

'So like, are you a girl IRL?'

They usually go quiet when they find out I'm male http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The last guy I told that didn't believe me.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

zero12410
Jun 24, 2005, 01:20 PM
you can usualy tell male from female by manerisms and writing style, if not then ask...
and I have never had that problem even though my avitar for aim is an anime girl...

booRAD
Jun 24, 2005, 04:01 PM
awwww babe that not true. hunnie girls and guys talk the exact same way hehehe ttyl lylas :-*

Evil_Althena8
Jun 27, 2005, 01:31 AM
*posts even though creator of topic is banned*

Yeah I get that alot..even though this avatar is currently my only female one. I'm sure there's some people on PSOW who still think I'm a female. Also, having female game characters always does it to me.

Bradicus
Jun 27, 2005, 11:16 AM
I tend to just write everyone off as a genderless entity until they say otherwise.

I generally act too much like a goof to ever be considered female, and my tendancy to name my characters "Brad---" or something involving transformers just seals the deal.