PDA

View Full Version : Gene FLOW and Red Ring!!!!!!!! No hacks or cheats

blink41
Jun 24, 2005, 12:32 PM
I have discovered a way to get the paracetic gene flow and red ring without cheating or hacking. I am not sure if it is considered exposing a glitch in the game so i am not going to post it in fear of getting banned but i found a way. Noone is probably going to believe me though. e-mail me if you want to know.
- -
edit: be wise, don't just leave your email address in a topic like this - you'll get more than what you wanted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-06-24 10:43 ]</font>

Meh
Jun 24, 2005, 12:37 PM
On 2005-06-24 10:32, blink41 wrote:
Noone is probably going to believe me though.

Your right there.

Dhylec
Jun 24, 2005, 12:41 PM
well, those who looked into the game's data confirmed that the gene & the ring are set to 0 (zero) drop rate for offline v3 - meaning no drops for them!
many topics regarding this have appeared in the past..
now, whatever trick that you wanna exploit is most likely mentioned before

Jason
Jun 24, 2005, 02:10 PM
Go get a Lavis, punk.

Superguppie
Jun 27, 2005, 03:00 AM
Hmmmm, to say you can't get it because the drop rate is set to 0 is a little to simple. There are many items in the game that don't drop from anything. Yet you can get them because of some special piece of code. Hackers may not have found the piece of code that provides the Gene. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
That said, I am still cynical about this. Since I am no longer active on GC, and probably will only get one of my chars to 200 offline to end it completely, I don't think I really care anymore...

Sef
Jun 28, 2005, 01:33 AM
Who said it didn't exist?

Superguppie
Jun 28, 2005, 02:26 AM
The overall attitude is: The drop-anything rate is set to 0, so you can't get it. All that rate means is it won't drop in the regular way. If there is other code that can make the thing, it can still be obtainable, even if it doesn't drop. Still people insist you can't get it, like the code for it doesn't exist. All I say is no such code has been found.

Sef
Jun 28, 2005, 02:32 AM
On 2005-06-28 00:26, Superguppie wrote:
The overall attitude is: The drop-anything rate is set to 0, so you can't get it. All that rate means is it won't drop in the regular way. If there is other code that can make the thing, it can still be obtainable, even if it doesn't drop. Still people insist you can't get it, like the code for it doesn't exist. All I say is no such code has been found.

Ah, I think I misunderstood you a little.

Arislan
Jun 28, 2005, 03:54 AM
That would still mean it doesn't exist, at least not legitimately. Whether a code is used to change the DAR or otherwise enable it, or it's hacked out of the game like at current, the result is still the same... You have a non-legit Gene Flow.

chaos89
Jul 16, 2005, 08:40 PM
hey man whats ur email, i want to know!

Arislan
Jul 17, 2005, 12:09 AM
If you want his email, PM him for it.

To Blink: If you believe you know how to obtain the item legitimately (at least, not through hacking) and wish to share it with the site, please PM a moderator with the method, and we will decide whether it would be classed as an exploit and something not to be allowed on the site.

SikerSwift1
Jul 17, 2005, 04:04 PM
Im guessing... from a disigners point of view, the Items most likly exist but they have a 0 drop rate because they only drop from a Creature that was planned to be in a online quest but the quest was never released...

SquashDemon
Jul 20, 2005, 12:46 PM
that sounds fairly resonable, also Tetchura #87 said something to this effect to me a couple of weeks back

If you use the Red Weapon to make Flowen appear in Ultimate mode, there is a chance the gene will be at his feet

however, I have yet to sucessfully try this method as I continue to die fighting Ultimate Flow (got close one time though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ) anyways, if this is indeed the way Sega meant us to obtain the Gene, there it is...if it is yet another hoax...meh oh well

Arislan
Jul 20, 2005, 01:06 PM
Noone has *ever* posted a video or Fraps of such an event occuring. Nor has anyone trustworthy ever claimed such a thing on this forum. Given the way drop mechanics work in the game, I'd be willing to bet that it would literally be impossible for such an event to occur (enemies drop their item when killed, the killing triggers the drop event).

As well, if the Gene had a chance of dropping, it would A) Have another drop location, and show up again in the drop charts, which it doesn't, or B) Going to Flowen would also cause the other possible non-rare drops, such as Trimates and Star Atomizers to lie at his feet as well, which they don't.

zemerrock
Jul 20, 2005, 09:10 PM
so you guys are telling me my game glitched or somthing? i killed olga flow in v. hard and got the gene. i dont have a cheat device and i dont have online(never did). you guys can flame me or what ever i dont really care but if your saying that the drop rate is set to 0% and i found one that means that my game glitched or theres just somthing flawed in your statements.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zemerrock on 2005-07-20 19:11 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jul 20, 2005, 09:11 PM
zemerrock wrote:
so you guys are telling me my game glitched or somthing? i killed olga flow in v. hard and got the gene. i dont have a cheat device and i dont have online(never did). you guys can flame me or what ever i dont really care but if your saying that the drop rate is set to 0% and i found one that means that my game glitched or theres just somthing flawed in your statements.

do you have proof that you obtained it?
a snapshot or anything of such?

zemerrock
Jul 20, 2005, 09:13 PM
i dont have a snap shot as of yet but i can get one as soon as i get a camra.

Ryna
Jul 20, 2005, 09:31 PM
On 2005-07-20 19:13, zemerrock wrote:

Taking a picture after the fact doesn't really prove very much.

zemerrock
Jul 20, 2005, 09:45 PM
On 2005-07-20 19:31, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-07-20 19:13, zemerrock wrote:

Taking a picture after the fact doesn't really prove very much.

well then i'm sorry if you people dont belive me. you can call me a hacker sure whatever. i know i didnt hack it because i dont have the knowlege or the devices to hack. i think cheat devices take away from the game anyways. i'm sure when i get my adapter to go online you all will call me a hacker anyways. this is sad really. here is a person who has somthing you people say isnt possable( and has gotten it lagitly) and you people dont belive him. just goes to show how hackers screw up the people.

Arislan
Jul 20, 2005, 10:15 PM
It has nothing to do with hacking. The Drop Rate for Olga is 0%. That means, when the game checks to see if an item drops, and rolls a D100 against a percentage chance, it rolls 1-100. I don't care how many times you roll that die, it's not going to roll a 0.

Games can glitch, sure, but they don't glitch in random number generation in that manner. Random number generators *must* have a limit, and it has to fall within them. Not doing so would be more likely to crash the game than anything. Think of it like a random cell mutation. 99.9^10% of the time, you just get cancer, instead of something cool like two heads.

It's possible that your game glitched. And it's possible that it did so in a manner that OF dropped an item. And it's possible that that item was a PG:F. It's also infinitely MORE likely that a B52 misreads it's flight path and drops several bombs on my house.

SquashDemon
Jul 21, 2005, 01:30 PM
very amusing your comment about the whole bomb dropping thing, and I belive I found the answer to all the questions going on about the Gene and Red ring, should we choose to belive my friend Key who says:

Olga Flow and Dark Falz only dropped anything on the first three weeks of PSO exclusively online, Sega has since Patched thier online drop rate to mirror the offline drop rate i.e. 0%

this sounds likely, but I really don't know who to belive...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SquashDemon on 2005-07-21 11:38 ]</font>

Arislan
Jul 21, 2005, 02:10 PM
Alright, but anyone who has claimed to have one drop was relatively recent, not several years ago.

Axel3792
Jul 26, 2005, 09:24 PM
You cannot get PG:F at all. Period, end of debate.

If you don't believe anyone here, just ask someone like Soulja or Raven2x, who, oh I don't know,

HACKED PSOGC IN IT'S ENTIRETY.

I remember them saying specifically (in forums I will leave unnamed, rules of PSOW ya know)that PG:F, along with Red Ring, have about a snowball's chance in hell with me holding it in the fire's chance of dropping.

If a mod could do something about this topic, I seem to remember this EXACT situation with "Erk" or someone like that.

Perhaps make it a sticky that these items will not drop?

Arislan
Jul 27, 2005, 12:30 AM
Axel:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=100749&forum=4&9

Sticky has been there for a while now. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DLShAdOw
Jul 27, 2005, 07:09 PM
I wanna se zemerrock's pic anyway Tkae the pic and put it online zemerrock PLEASE!

Edit: if thats ok with the mods of course

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2005-07-27 17:09 ]</font>

Erk
Jul 31, 2005, 02:59 PM
What's wrong with thinking there is a way to find the item even if it's through a glitch? Nothing, it's like we think you are wrong just like you think we are wrong so don't get on our case like that okay? Thank you.

Heretic144
Jul 31, 2005, 03:33 PM
There is no way code is 100% fool proof. Even if the drop rate is 0%, there might be a way to get PG:F. The chances of this are so small its just un-noticable. Why else would it be programmed into the game if it was never ment to be dropped. If this kid never played online and never hacked, there is a legit way to get PG:F. I just think that if its in the game, there is a way to obtain it.

Kaio666
Jul 31, 2005, 03:40 PM
thers not, so everyone should really stop trying and go hunt something worth it, like a sealed J. 0% drop means it wont drop, thers no magical way to beat flow and get the gene not even if you beat flow 87 1/2 times while battling upside down with all the red weapons equiped at the same time, you CANT get it legitly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaio666 on 2005-07-31 13:40 ]</font>

Arislan
Jul 31, 2005, 03:48 PM
Why was it programmed into the game if it never dropped?

I dunno, why was the Coffee Scene in GTA:SA programmed in? Why were the Dummy Items in FF IV programmed in? Why were Kefka and Gestahl's battle abilities in FF VI? Why was the GM skin in V2 programmed in? Why are there over 500 cards in the Episode 3 Text files when the resources for them don't exist?

It was leftover code, was screwed around with and didn't make final cut for whatever reason. Or it was something "to be added at a later time" that never did. Or it was an easter egg for hackers to find. Whatever the case, the code for those types of things are in almost every game in existence. Doesn't mean it can be accessed legitimately.

And I don't give a crap what you say about code not being 100% foolproof. If you write a statement that generates a random number from 1-100, and run that code 6 quadrillion times, barring an act of God, you will end up with 6 quadrillion numbers between 1 and 100. Random number generators cross-indexed with an array are about the easiest things in code to do, and the chances of an error there are so infintesimal, you'd be better of hoping that you can jump off a cliff and spontaneously mutate into a bird before you hit the ground. The game code says 0%. That is IT. Done, over with. Humans make errors, machines do not.

Erk: I'm not "on your case" and never will be. Do I think you're being incredibly thick headed? Yes. Do you have a right to be? Sure. Go right ahead and search for a way to get it. It's an impossibilty, but you're perfectly welcome to go for it. I would just like to think that you have better things to do with your time than waste hours on something that simply, no matter what, will not happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2005-07-31 13:50 ]</font>

Longtime_play
Aug 1, 2005, 06:42 PM
you'd be better of hoping that you can jump off a cliff and spontaneously mutate into a bird before you hit the ground.

It's also infinitely MORE likely that a B52 misreads it's flight path and drops several bombs on my house.

i find your posts entertaining.......

watashiwa
Aug 1, 2005, 07:06 PM
On 2005-07-31 13:48, Arislan wrote:
Humans make errors, machines do not.

Unless you've got bad RAM in the machine. =P

someperson
Aug 1, 2005, 07:44 PM
for everyone really hateing hackers and dupers here everyone sure is interested in it lol although i do agree with one of the first posts thx SikerSwift1 for that idea it seems like that they did really make a link to actully get the item legitly, which was on a online quest mostlikely because the drop rate on it in offline is 0% no mattter what so that means in online it WAS possable!!! but you see the desighners might have like forgot about it orsomething.... hmm.... this really is very interesting sereiosly!!!! LOL I HATE READING AND I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE TOPIC 3 TIMES!!!!!! lol

digigram
Aug 1, 2005, 08:40 PM
this thread isn't locked yet?

SquashDemon
Aug 2, 2005, 02:58 AM
nope, so I guess you should feel good about being 'in before lock!'

in any case, the Dark type weapons suck, the only reason anyone finds them interesting is because they cant be found, if Sega did release them a year ago, no one would even want one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SquashDemon on 2005-08-02 01:09 ]</font>